test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The PuG PvP Channel

Comments

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    pvp guilds worried by this? they really should be :p:D
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    Remeber, all pvpers are not necessarily gone but probably hung up the idea of matchmaking providing balanced matches. If this channel gets out there, the hidden number of pvpers may reveal itself.

Also of note, once the NCL returns the numbers will increase again. The NCL plus the pvp channel could potentially add a lot of activity in the "amateur" range of pvp folks.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I agree with everything pherrow just said. We need to strike while the Iron is hot.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    the only that can help is permanent NCL in the sense of solid rewards (not like top 1000 leaderboard <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mount). Reward is something pvp community begging for for two years.....
    Post edited by vinceent1 on
  • xdragonlancexxdragonlancex Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Love this i have been playing off and on since the game came out. I pvped a lot alway have done good untill i rank up to where the premades and then you know its over. @xdragonlancex
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    I'm jive to this... :)

@MakeCocktailsNotWar
    va8Ru.gif
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Sure, why not. This channel is an effort to address a lot of the things that have kept me from playing PvP casually. Forum name is my handle.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    I will add the newest members as soon as I log on later today.

I am excited with the prospects that this will offer already... now we all need to share this with the people that don't venture into the forum.

I will have a message up later today that we can use to let people in game know about this channel... that will be optional.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    good to see this channel is going well :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    We are plugging along pretty well considering it has only been a few days. If we had more people on last night we could have created a premade... alas there were only 3 of us and I was queued for a DD.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • MiseryMisery Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    We have pmvspm, that's pretty much it.
    3.8k PvP SW.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'll probably be more focused on pve in Mod 7 but I may pvp from time to time. Also want to check out the changes to node contesting at some point so pls gimme an invite @lirithiel.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    I am going to be focused on coaxing my guild's Stronghold along at least until I can get the market started, to alleviate potential problems with the donation caps. I saw some chatter but there were so many people talking excitedly about Strongholds in different channels that I couldn't follow much of anything.

Neverwinter Census 2017

BTW... I found out that the PvP quest from the Master of Coin... counts for ANY PvP.

That other PvP channel has died, from what I was told. Not to mention, I was told that they did not have any interest in educating and gearing up new PvPers, This channel is for PuG peeps to develop into better players and then enter queues with premade from the group. It will be similar to a guild... without all of the requirements.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    Any PvP, like either of Dom or GG, or losses qualify? I didn't read it carefully....

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    BTW... I found out that the PvP quest from the Master of Coin... counts for ANY PvP.

That other PvP channel has died, from what I was told. Not to mention, I was told that they did not have any interest in educating and gearing up new PvPers, This channel is for PuG peeps to develop into better players and then enter queues with premade from the group. It will be similar to a guild... without all of the requirements.

PMvsPM is the deepest crag of darkness where none that ventures forth ever returns. Enter at your own peril. Be sure to bring popcorns.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Sounds promising, I'll join.

@vordayn is my handle.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    Added as soon as I get on.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    Everyone has been invited... please check your chat channels.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I am not a hard core pvp player. I like to win more games but I did 99% solo queue without thinking to do premade. This channel attracts me for knowing more people liking pvp and sharing pvp experience. So pls give me an invite @flyingleon.

More info about me I pvp with my cw and gwf with better than average gears and a tr with just average gear.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
    We don't want just hardcore. I feel that hardcore PvP'rs end up in PvP guilds. This is something that I am hoping to turn into similar without all of the req's and drama from another guild alliance.

Welcome aboard...
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    I pvp A LOT. But that being said, I know a pvp guild isn't for me. Been there, done it, tried it. @avengingangel93 is my handle ingame.
    Invite going out as soon as I log in. Welcome aboard. Please understand we are small right no... so there won't be much activity. Considering the people we have in channel... we have only seen a glimpse of what this will offer.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    Making pug group but invite only doesn't really make sense but in-house pvp's sound interesting. I'd like to join as well, @rasitlinmajere00
    I do not want a lot of haters in the channel... in fact I do not think any of us want that. This action has already gained bit of animosity...

Legit isn't public; the ZERG channels are not public.

Invite going out in a few minutes.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    I have been playing about 2 weeks now, and have my toon up to level 70 (I'm a TR) and I would dearly love to have someone give me some tips on PvP here. I have yet to try any PvP in this game, but I am very anxious to. I believe the only reason to max your char is so you CAN pvp. I know some people love PvE, but meh... I want to fight people that fight back!
    @saskdaddy I can understand that quite well. Invite will hed out to you as soon as I log on.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    @saskdaddy I can understand that quite well. Invite will hed out to you as soon as I log on.​​

That would be much appreciated, thanks. :)

We have almost 30 people in the channel. A great start for a new movement. We need more people who are interested in joining the experienced and inexperienced people... in an effort to change the face of PvP.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    I was a pug for many years here loved it. I joined a guild now with a bunch friends (Black Lotus) If any of you need legit pvp training or help let me know. One thing I would recommend for you all is to make a guild called the pugs. And get into strong hold together and once you are their do not forget your roots and recruited low level players and mentor them to be legit pvp players.

All are welcome to come out to IWD it were I call home.