What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    zebular said:

Hadn't realised that, I've only dabbled in 4th and not played 5th at all, the main campaign I play in is still 3.5 :)

Mine is still 2nd edition. heh.

Well I've moved on a little in the 33 years I've been playing :)
  • Options
    redrockls3redrockls3 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I would like to invite the devs to take a hard look at how Black Desert Online incorporated the Striker (monk) class. I know this doesn't completely fit into the D&D meta but, on the same token, it was pulled off quite well.

I can't speak to the whole druid or bard thing except to think that they have to fill a specific niche--a niche that I don't think fits very well into the current construct of the game. Unless you plan on making them both heavy damage dealers with a few buffs/debuffs like everything else.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I've long talked about Monk as well as a viable alternative I would hope they'd consider...

Something I think that Neverwinter fans would really enjoy is a Monk based off the D&D Lore of the Kalashtar which has a focus of two paragon's the Path of Light or the Path of Shadows.

One would use more psionic powers to damage adversaries with variations based upon feat choices. While the path of Shadows would enable more a more martial art form for akin to a Ninja.

It be interesting cause it would make another class similar to HR that has two different modes of fighting but depending on how they feat their character which one they excel at would be based on their choices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalashtar
  • Options
    adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Bard (Red Dragon Disciple) would not be too complicated to add to Neverwinter.

1.) Primary role as an AoE group buff/mob debuff using song and curse-song
    2.) Breathes fire and casts some spells
    3.) Could use exotic weapons like the dual-sword or as I previously suggested, just whack npcs over the head with a lute.

https://youtu.be/010aaw1Ajo0
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I openly admit I'd love to see a monk based on the Kalashtar, a sort of twist to HR perhaps not having two modes of combat, but two very unique paragons either very Psionic in nature or Martial Arts using their Psychic intuition. Certainly be an interesting dynamic...

But we have seen Bard's showing up in some River Mini instances so who knows... :)

They like to keep things quiet as they still may require a few more reviews of 1 or 2 classes to correct Wizard and/or Rogue. Most are bugs that need to be corrected for the most part, and in a few limited cases buff's or slight nerf's to limited abilities or mechanics.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    From what I am reading from other players and I guess from a source from cyptic or something I don't know what they said on it. The Bard was going to be released with Chult so its possible that it might be released soon. What do you think? I guess its the class that will be released next if it is released.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    kreatyve said:

I wouldn't really listen to rumors until they have been proven to be true. So far there has not been any official announcements by Cryptic that the Bard is the next class.

Well I don't know yet if its rumors or something serious I'm not sure the source. I don't see anything talking about it on any news websites but its possible they mentioned it during a life stream or something else. I don't know yet but I'm thinking its possible. Hopefully its true, it would be interesting to see. Which is why I made this thread on the subject because a guild mate earlier mentioned something about it. Hoping to learn more info about this if it is true.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited July 2017
    The devs did say they had a class in the works, but couldn't complete it in time for mod 12. They also said long ago that bard and monk were two they were eyeing for a next class. I believe druid may have been mentioned, too, but don't recall specifically when. Everything else is speculation.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options

Well, the druid was assumed to be next class when we got the druid NPC in PE. The Bard became the rumor because of the Bard enemy in the Adventurer parties in River District. My bet is the Bard. I see no reason for them to add Bard to adventurer parties if the class is not coming. And yes, I am excited. I have been ready for a new class forever, it is long overdue. I hope a new race is in the works as well.

I was thinking it was going to be druid too, but now I'm starting to think its bard thats going to come out next. Its possible they will have it with part B of module twelve or maybe earlier if they finish up the class.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Well, the druid was assumed to be next class when we got the druid NPC in PE. The Bard became the rumor because of the Bard enemy in the Adventurer parties in River District. My bet is the Bard. I see no reason for them to add Bard to adventurer parties if the class is not coming. And yes, I am excited. I have been ready for a new class forever, it is long overdue. I hope a new race is in the works as well.

I am happy they are taking so long to release a new class. I would much rather they finish the class balance project & put out a valid, workable new class (whatever it may be) than release something that breaks immediately.

• Options
    edited July 2017

Well, with the SW and the OP, we had a month to test them. And, the classes were still full of bugs on live release, still are to this day. I hope they give us plenty of time to test the new class.

Most likely they will do the same it depends on when they want to release it. Not to mention they are working on another game right now I think Magic The Gathering online which I think they would take devs from other games to finish this new mmo leaving Neverwinter with no new content for a while. Who knows but hopefully we do see the new class soon if it is coming if not then we might have to wait for another year :(. Well it depends on how many devs they have I don't think they have all that many. I don't know for sure they could have fifteen or more. I know Cryptic is a small company owned by two other companies both Chinese and you know the whole money factor the money most likely does not go all that much into cryptics pockets since the companies that own cryptic get most of the money. So they have to spread resources and dev, programmers depending on how much those companies give back to them. I doubt they have many graphic designers or other important people needed to make content.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

I am happy they are taking so long to release a new class. I would much rather they finish the class balance project & put out a valid, workable new class (whatever it may be) than release something that breaks immediately.

New classes are absolutely required to keep the game fresh, it's getting very very stale with no new dynamics to teams and mods that are just more "grind this campaign through dailies" with a different skin, and a dungeon that's too buggy for me to enjoy (clue, being one shotted by red areas I'm clearly not in and that only appear after the damage anyway is not fun). We should have had 3 or 4 since the last one.
  • Options
    bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    A new class to play with is always nice to have. It doesn't matter much to me which will be.
    Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Nope, sorry. I am hoping that the next class will be a monk.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    We've had barbarians in the game since at least IWD. Where's the barbarian class?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The GWF is the D&D barbarian. High-mobility and rage (unstoppable). And the rage was built by taking damage that fits the barbarian theme until somebody thought it was a good idea to build rage by dealing damage....
    Post edited by gabrieldourden on
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Where's the Cavalier? Attack while mounted, be harder to dismount...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Bard or Monk wouldn't matter which. Look forward to reviving my original character who was meant to be a monk in the first place but is just a junk hording DC alt mule now.

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    If it's anything outside the latter 3, it would have to be engineer for me. Engineer can be easily adapted for this game with it's diversity from combat to support. Bard would probably be a little more difficult due to the game revolving around so much DPS and solo content you need to do.
  • Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    If there will really be a bard class I would instantly kick my CW out of town and start a Bard lol. Bard is my favorite class in every game :p
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Hate too say it, Bard is more of a profession then a character class. With the hymn-singing cleric (DC), singing Knight (GF) and Disney's "Buffady-Baffady-Boo" song Wizard (CW) (etc...) popular mythic-lore, I see it more then combination classes (if that is possible---singing Knight...GF/bard) then a single Character Class!
    But, what do I know....
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Won't make any difference to me. Even if the new class was able to 1 shot everything, the very fact that I'd have to scroll down 52 characters to get to them means....nope ;)

Either way, I don't think your title is very good. People will imply "might" as "will".
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

If there will really be a bard class I would instantly kick my CW out of town and start a Bard lol. Bard is my favorite class in every game :p

Hey now, how did you know what I was going to say before I said it?!

I hope Bards are the next class, it'll be my new main. Bards have been my favorite since AD&D. I always like versatile characters, and looking good while doing it? Priceless!!

I'm imagining a Cunning Bard (control/heal/support) that can go Valor (more melee/buff) or Lore (more ranged/debuff) in Chain armor with Rapiers and Instrument off-hands. And hats with feathers. Lots of hats! With lots of feathers!

I also want them to have a 4E power called "Impelling Force" that would work exactly like a reverse CW Repel.