test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• archie4712archie4712 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Maybe Spearman? Blademaster? Duelist? Canoneer? Warlord?
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    missed playing lugain Tactician, strange stone people from Asheron's Call 2, they closed on 1/31/2017, they are wall and turret summoners, fight with wenches.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Hoping that last but was a typo. :o
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I really think the best idea is dual classing. I've played every class and built them all in every single point to point configuration you can do to find every branch of direct and hybridized structure viable in live play. I do think 1 more class would be a good addition though.
    If we had the ability to relevel the same character and use half of the skillsets of 2 classes could be absolutely amazing and produce endless unique builds. My first thought on distribution of skills was just 50/50 of everything, but it might even be interesting to allow selection of one or the other throughout. Or better and worse yet might be the risk of dual classing as an absolutely randomly selected set of available skills so not one single dual spec character is ever going to be known or the same! That would make that choice extremely difficult for high level pure build characters to make, and really blow the game up.. I know.. just.. just.. crazy.
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    mystic, it would cool, but it is nearly impossible for 3-4 slots hotbars for hybrid skills. i do like Guild Wars (classic)'s skill selections.
    having daul class could lead to a new "prestige template".
  • holyhoundz#8656 holyhoundz Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    The should make extra skills make L2 like L1 and move L2 current to L2 + R2
    NeverWinter...PS4...

HolyHoundz...
    Voice On...
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I see BARD is actually a class that you see fighting you know in the Gyrion Stone quest within River District. I also saw some humor around Bard's in the April 1st Patch Notes... I'm starting to wonder if we might be seeing a Bard being released in 11b or the very near future?

:*
    so far, devs hadnt announce any plans for adding new classes, we all are still waiting to hear. dev team had been seriously cut by lay-offs.
  • safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Chances for world peace may vastly improve if bard and/or druid class are brought to Neverwinter this year. My pet frog said so, and he's usually right.
  • jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I agree with said Pet Frog. I also agree with the many who do roll new Characters from time to time that seeing a 'Coming Soon' placeholder for the 9th Class is on parity with a website that has the 'Under Construction' messages...

Clearly not a sore point or a topic of embarrassment given most all of the content for Faerun/D&D/this game was published many years ago.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Given the prevalence of enemy Bards in the River District (including the Bard being shot off a platform in Kabal's domain), it does seem to foreshadow a coming Bard class. I think it would become my new main! :)

Another thought I had was the appearance of "Eldritch Knights" in the River District. It's a Fighter subclass in 5E and I wonder if it could foreshadow a new paragon path for GF/GWF. Every other class has 2 paragons, but GFs/GWFs have to share the same 2. Adding a 3rd option would help even that out.
    edited April 2017
    jganth said:

I agree with said Pet Frog. I also agree with the many who do roll new Characters from time to time that seeing a 'Coming Soon' placeholder for the 9th Class is on parity with a website that has the 'Under Construction' messages...

Clearly not a sore point or a topic of embarrassment given most all of the content for Faerun/D&D/this game was published many years ago.

Yes, bard and druid have been staples of D&D since the early 90's (or earlier, I'm too lazy to check). A D&D game without bard is like a hamburger without ketchup. If you don't have druid, you're basically telling people they can only have fries with their meal, no onion rings, sorry.

Hamburger Patty - guardian fighter
    Cheese - trickster rogue (thief)
    Buns - control wizard
    French Fries - devoted cleric
    Pickles - great weapon fighter
    Lettuce -hunter ranger
    Tomato - scourge warlock
    Onion - oathbound paladin

Ketchup - bard
    Onion Rings - druid
    Mustard - monk
    Mayonnaise - sorcerer
    Barbecue Sauce - barbarian

We're missing so many ingredients, I'm starting to wonder if we're really serious about being the best hamburger joint in town.

Post edited by safespacecadet#3341 on
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    I really want the druid next! Though I plan on seeing many Pikel Bouldershoulders once we do get the class :smiley:
    really? let see, if that name was taken, we could be seeing Pixel, Poxel, or even "Puzzle" variations.
  • aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I say druid, mainly because they are already everywhere in the game. Makes sense that we could play one of these before anything new is introduced.

Also, the game already has 2 fighter classes (GWF, GF), two magic classes (wizard, warlock), two religious classes (Paladin and cleric), but only one rogue class and one nature class. So Druid, being a nature class (i guess) would compliment the Ranger. Then that's all that is left to balance things out is to introduce another rogue class, whatever that would be in D&D... assassin? pirate? or somesuch.
    aliguana said:

I say druid, mainly because they are already everywhere in the game. Makes sense that we could play one of these before anything new is introduced.

Also, the game already has 2 fighter classes (GWF, GF), two magic classes (wizard, warlock), two religious classes (Paladin and cleric), but only one rogue class and one nature class. So Druid, being a nature class (i guess) would compliment the Ranger. Then that's all that is left to balance things out is to introduce another rogue class, whatever that would be in D&D... assassin? pirate? or somesuch.

Bard. Bard is a rogue.

• fabricjumperfabricjumper Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    - I voted for barbarian -
    I do not know how you are going to differ him to great weapon fighter but a more sturdy damage dealer ( maybe not as high as gwf ) and a buffer ( warcries! no? ) would add to fun of this game.

I have another recommendation which is a "necromancer". Many of us should already be familiar to the idea of summoner/debuffer, and i say why not in neverwinter? This class should be aimed for the "lazy-old, witty" gamer who likes to sit back watching the combat from behind while devouring already slain corpses... In addition to his necromancy he debuffs monsters acording to party's needs. De-buffs may include Slowing, weakening, decreasing health, charming (or terrorising/forcing them to run away), converting the enemy for his team.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    I would like to see the monk the most out of all the options offered, it differs from the other classes already present a lot more than the others on that list. Having a class that can fight with their bare hands and feet sounds pretty sweet too.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • phaadnightsongphaadnightsong Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Just from a purely skill based perspective, we need a Druid- Nature, Bard- Thievery, which will complete the two of each skill types.

This leaves us with a bit of an imbalance of classes, and since the game loves working on the number 12 principle, we add Monk and Artificer(We already have Gond and Kwalish in game). With Monk and Artificer this gives us the even 12, but we find that we have only 5 skills. Therefore, it is necessary for the Monk and Artificer to have the NEW skill of Runes, thus making them the 6th skill users.

What would Runes do? Glad you asked. Runes would function as the Black ice, Vonninblood type gear or the lesser and greater overload items that we have now do, while also being like the armor kits the other crafters can make. These would be crafted runes that are temporary, but give very good bonuses and can only be applied to the left side items on the character, i.e. head through feet.

Now we have 12 classes, 6 skills and all skills are done by two classes each.

As for the classes and their roles; Which were chosen with the possibility for *PVP (Not a Fan) in mind.

Druid would be Healer/Control or Control/DPS*.
    Bard: Control/DPS* or DPS/(Buff)Heals.
    Monk: DPS/Tank or DPS/Heals*.
    Artificer: DPS/Heals(via Infusions) or DPS/Control*.

Stats:
    Druid: Wis/Dex/Con Monk: Con/Dex/Wis
    Bard: Cha/Dex/Int Artificer: Int/Con/Dex

Class Special Abilities:
    Druid: Call Nature's Ally- Temporally summons a natural creature to aid the Druid.
    Bard: Lyricist- Enchanting melody that increases effectiveness of all actions the Bard takes for a brief time.
    Monk: Centered Focus- temporary invulnerability and out of combat style healing.
    Artificer: Soul Infusion- Increases the effectiveness of all actions made by Artificer and active constructs, for a price.

Granted the Artificer would really need to come with the Warforged Race, but that could be like the Dragonborn or Menzoberranzan Drow Renegade. The Artificer could easily come in later expansions of the River District, as could the Bard's Guild seeking to lend aid against the evil Bards. Druids could also be added what with the new fey areas and creatures and one could make an argument for the Monks Monastery that has been there this whole time just keeping the evil at bay.

Would be interesting if the Artificer got one extra companion slot for an always active construct and could summon another companion as well gain a synergy bonuses for second construct.
    Likewise, the Monk could be granted 50% more from Active companion bonuses if they have NO companion summoned.

It's just a thought and I really hadn't put any time into it, but it does seem to be a nice way to round out the Classes, Skills and breathe new life into the game(and revenue) for those who love the game.
  • kasyee#8951 kasyee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I would love to see a druid and bard. I always loved these classes.

Also - we have Guardian Fighter and Great Weapon Fighter, sooo 2 different types of a fighter class.
    I'd very much like to see different version of e.g. cleric. The healing and light dmg focused one.
    Maybe they're stuck on the whole Vault of the Nine thing? We can only make 9 classes (only have 8 now) because of that sigil quest. But that's okay, no worries, just give the 10th-whatever classes a different quest to get class-centered artifacts. They don't have to be sigils.
  • mousebreaker85#4641 mousebreaker85 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I would love a martial arts style monk
    Gloves instead of weapons
    A sort of tank style fighter that can use attackers hits against them by shifting weight and transfer of power ..
    A jade empire type character (one of the best Bioware games ever!)
    Or a Diabloesque Witch Doctor with fetish and summon a army of voodoo dolls to attack !
    Yeah that would be cool!
  • epiccritepiccrit Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I did vote sorcerer, but would so much like to see a War Wizard. Sorcerer could fill that same niche, but maybe it could have classic wizard spells? We're missing some of the real classics, so Sorcerer could fill that out, but I'd still like to see war wizard.
  • phoeniciansonphoenicianson Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Honestly, as much as I would love a new class, and something different and unique from the norm - as I had picked Monk actually - I would give up a choice over a new class for a dual class. While that mechanic is probably really difficult to introduce into the current system, I think it would be pretty cool and offer a great deal of versatility to afford players the ability to create dual class characters. Although, the current level cap may be a bit prohibitive of supporting an effective dual class, since you will not have sufficient feat and paragon points to max out either class, let alone both classes. A nice level bump to 80, a jump in Heroic and Paragon points for dual class players, and that could make for an interesting environment since there would be more versatility and slightly more customization with builds.
  • titanhugatitanhuga Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I would like to see either a ninja or samari
    edited May 2017
    sliced pineapple ring for hawaiian burger (ninja)
    maple flavor canadian bacon (samurai)
    avacado sauce (shadow mage) hybrid thief-mage, daggers are primary weapon instead of wands/staffs.
    explaining what a shadow mage would be.

casting dark smoke, hide in shadow, dagger darts, decoys with strong taunt effect, remove traps, cast blindness (wont effect undeads)
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    GWF is basically Barbarian so I don't get the barbarian hype.

I would love to see Swordmage as a supportive class :wink: