test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• thegreatgyanthegreatgyan Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2017

For the last year new classes were put on hold. Period.
    Zeb's post does imply "being worked on right now" but I don't think he intended to say that. "In developement" is actually pretty ambiguous.

If they are happy with the balance changes they will continue working on new classes. They know that's what many players want and they know it will also peak interest in many who have moved on or taken a hiatus.

Nobody outside of Cryptic knows if they are sufficiently happy with the balance changes to continue with the development of classes but it isn't really justifiable to think the new management won't continue to develop classes the instant that decision is made. They are a big selling feature and everybody from top to bottom knows it and they will want to get new classes out as soon as they feel it is a practical option.

I do have a suggestion in mind. First off, let me just say that a new race and class is probably one of the most common features that us players have been wanting to happen for a long time (I may be wrong.) If it is true, instead of just making new content, why not have a major patch update on nothing but the class changes? If that happens, all classes would be changed, and then you can finalize the patch with adding the 2 new classes.

Feedback would be nice.
  • brokenrage#0940 brokenrage Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    assassin of some sorts replacing my broken down trickster rogue thats been destroyed since last update patch. bad enough dps , now they patched impossible to catch and what do you know its far from impossible cause i get caught by everything now yay, whats next patch its stealth in half? ( are they trying to just make people quit lately? all there time put into things just to be turnt into useless ornaments )
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited January 2017

assassin of some sorts replacing my broken down trickster rogue thats been destroyed since last update patch. bad enough dps , now they patched impossible to catch and what do you know its far from impossible cause i get caught by everything now yay, whats next patch its stealth in half? ( are they trying to just make people quit lately? all there time put into things just to be turnt into useless ornaments )

Either consult other people's research or do your own if you want to be a good TR. It's ignorant, uninformed posts like yours that helps break classes and makes them even more unbalanced than they actually are.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • ian#2922 ian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'd love to see a Bard, Druid, Monk *or* Sorcerer. (I'm less sure about the Barbarian, possibly retreading the Great Weapon Fighter, unless designed well), but I voted for Other, because I'd also love to see a Psion or Psionicist class, using mental abilities similar to the ones used by the Mind Flayers, as well as some telekinetic and empathic/healing/damaging effects.

A 'Blooded Sorcerer' that could either go a demonic or draconic route, using magical effects similar to the effects used by various demon types or dragons already in game, could be kind of awesome, and would go a long way to differentiating it from the Wizard and Warlock (since the Sorcerer already occupies a sort of squiffy design space between those two extremes, and otherwise is sort of irrelevant in a game that doesn't use Vancian fire-and-forget spell preparation mechanics).
  • fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    The most logical would be

Druid
    Bard
    or Monk

long shot - Harper

Game mechanics would be a challenge for Druid but it would be fun
    Player turn into an animal, most likely based on enhancement tree
    -also possible would be the addition of a 2nd active companion slot if at least one is
    an animal.

Bard would be a buff class- easy enough
    Monk is a melee class..again, easy to do.

Kinda hoping for Druid, but it is all good
  • jade456usjade456us Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Bard OR an illusionist class
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Last I saw Andy say there were working on Class balancing a bit more before any new classes are being introduced... Still I think it be great to see a new class introduced in the future.
  • bloodyhairsbloodyhairs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Multi class like D&D !!!! More the time pass and less that game look like D&D !!! In D&D we have certain amount of class, when you want do other one, you multi class !!! Stop trying reinvent D&D!!

Bloodyhair
    D&D player till 1980!!!

• vis87vis87 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Druid. Ide like to see a paragon path shapeshift/wild shape ability type druid. Could also make another paragon path for more of a shaman ability type.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I know this is kind of wishful thinking but this is a fashion in the next lockbox:

and it's referencing a fictional/mythological martial arts sect (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunlun_Sect ) so if you connect all the dots IT'S THE HAMSTERING ILLUMINATI TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD. Or it could be a hint at monks being the next class. I wish.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    depend on the pace with devs doing any new class, we might not see any new classes for next 3 years.

mention about Harpers? that is not class, any class can become harpers, they used thieves, warriors, healers, and mages in Harpers, it is considered as secret guild.
    some had to learn to play music, a form of hidden messages to other harpers in the areas, so local area harpers can carry out the missions or send messages to next areas
  • mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    We have one last class to fill the creation board. that's all I want. It's time. A druid or monk could be fun and it needs to be introduced sooner rather than later so that there isn't a year more of rebalancing.
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If/when they add a new class, the creation page will get updated to show another blank image, just the same as it did before the last 3 classes were added.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Excellent insight, @urabask

Could be a red herring, or the real deal. Here's hoping it's the latter.
  • josh#3174 josh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Instead of putting in new classes how about fix the current ones so there can be some diversity. Gwf cant tank anymore, cw barely buffs, pally can heal but cant mitigate damage which makes it useless in comparison to a buff dc. you guys have made it so there's only 1 maybe 2 (and 2 is a stretch) builds that are worth using for each class in pve. The classes as they are now are unbalanced and are being forced to be cookie cutter builds with no room for imagination. There is no point adding a new anything until what we have already is fixed.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    josh#3174 said:

Instead of putting in new classes how about fix the current ones so there can be some diversity. Gwf cant tank anymore, cw barely buffs, pally can heal but cant mitigate damage which makes it useless in comparison to a buff dc. you guys have made it so there's only 1 maybe 2 (and 2 is a stretch) builds that are worth using for each class in pve. The classes as they are now are unbalanced and are being forced to be cookie cutter builds with no room for imagination. There is no point adding a new anything until what we have already is fixed.

They currently have new classes on the back-burner until classes are balanced. This will most likely address the issues you listed. That said, I never understood the reason to give a primary damage class (GWF) a defensive oriented paragon path (and vice versa with GF). Also, CW needs to have its control powers looked at before anything else.
    star-trek-in-before-the-lock.gif
  • deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    I wish they would just add new class/classes as the 'rebalance' will never be complete in my opinion as there will always be tweaks done to the classes with the outrage of the player base, from what I was able to find in forum asking for a look into its mostly due to the pvpers asking for it and a few of 'you broke this in the refit now fix it' posts. I would like to see the monk and druid as to me its not a dnd based game without them.

Before anyone attacks my post on the above mentioned rebalance just note that yes its an opinion even to majority that it may be ill informed, that is my way above of saying that its not all broken outside of pvp for the most part
  • qwregtqwregt Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    been looking forward to the druid for a while where i hope it i will make it into the new mod since i wanted to ask if they would ever bring a Erinyes mob into the game as a race cause i always wanted to play one :)
  • reapertime1066reapertime1066 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Demonic overlord using demonic powers and summon demons to aid in battle and ripping the souls from the enemy mobs to boost the allies attack and defence. Plus a daily ability to open a rift to hell and pull mobs into the fiery depths of hell itself
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    urabask said:

I know this is kind of wishful thinking but this is a fashion in the next lockbox:

and it's referencing a fictional/mythological martial arts sect (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunlun_Sect ) so if you connect all the dots IT'S THE HAMSTERING ILLUMINATI TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD. Or it could be a hint at monks being the next class. I wish.

Inb4 eastern clothes means Samurai is next class.

(btw, I know nothing about DnD, but I hear Samurai were a consistent lowtier class. someone please confirm or deny, because if it really is a poor class, then the joke is saved. if not, well...)

-

If it really is a monk...

Then I will prepare myself to SHORYUKEN/poundcake/Falcon Punch/Falcon Kick/Knee of Justice/hax sign Fantasy Nature all the enemies!

• holyhoundz#8656 holyhoundz Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Add different skills to fighter they all suck im deleting mine
    NeverWinter...PS4...

HolyHoundz...
    Voice On...
  • darthadizzledarthadizzle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i would love to see a monk class. i loved nothing more in ff11 than bashing mobs in the face with nothing but my fists! vishnu cesti or destroyers FTW
  • lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I doubt they'd make a new class, but I would like to try something new. I like trickster rogue. I like playing with fast characters and I like using two swords. So I'm hoping for a samurai class or something similar
  • matthoskins0509matthoskins0509 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I would like to see a sorcerer but add some of the classic D&D spells like melfs acid arrow bigbys grasping hand etc
  • Vampire
  • holyhoundz#8656 holyhoundz Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Archer class that not 1/2 malee all Archer
    NeverWinter...PS4...

HolyHoundz...
    Voice On...
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2017

I would like to see artificers in the game. They are basically magic users who specialize in bringing out the innate magic in items/objects. They're usually a support class. Among other things, they can temporarily buff their ally's (or their own) weapons or armor. They are usually a ranged class, using a crossbow (and often magically buffing a quiver of their arrows).

If ordinary wizards were to be considered magic scientists, then the artificers would be the magic engineers. Their goal is to turn magic into something that's accessible to all, instead of just those few magic wielders.

I know they aren't a mainstream class. (They aren't really even that popular among the people that know about them.) But I know the guys/girls over at Cryptic can turn this class into something that everyone would want to play!

So uhh, a few months late on posting this, but:

https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/1_UA_Artificer_20170109.pdf

So who wants a hand-cannon in Neverwinter?

Archer class that not 1/2 malee all Archer

Or you could just put all your points into the archery feat, and never press tab.
    star-trek-in-before-the-lock.gif