test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20150528a.0 Ravenswood Tutorial

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20150528a.0:

This build is available on PTS now, 5/29/2015.

Ravenswood Tutorial
- As detailed here: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=311001

Additional Changes
- The Mission Tracker always has a primary mission selected.
- The "Hide and remove unowned costume parts" option in character creation is now on by default.
- The default interact keybind has been changed from Z to F.
- The Champions Reloaded information blast at the end of the tutorial has been removed.

Known Issues
- Some unprocessed VO.
- Some of the keybind images show Z instead of F.
- Costume pieces appear to be owned in character creation when they are not.
- NPC Callout text contains extraneous text.

Unrelated Known Issues We Plan To Fix:
- Inverted Muscles in Female tights (with next week's maintenance).

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can we please see some attention called to the Victorian skirt's 3rd color layer vanishing, the Vikorin shoulders for females, Arcane Tattoos for female heads and hairs, and the bird skirt just casually abandoning ship? Trailturtle made a note that these would be given the look-over with one of the next fixes. Hopefully you guys have been given a note on those as well as the muscle stuff.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can we get a reason as to why the default interaction key was changed to F? Is picking up still Z? Is picking up and interacting going to be two different things in the Options window? If this is how it is than that is completely fine since that fixes picking up objects when I'm trying to talk to an NPC.

Wasn't the F key defaulted to Follow? What happens to that?
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    -Tutorial simulation doesn't start and end in the same room: The start is in a 'generic tech' windowless room, while afterwards it's in a powerhouse-styled room with two windows peering into the main training areas.

-Defender's old "Over here!" Passive VO overlaps his text box VO.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    werx138werx138 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can we get a reason as to why the default interaction key was changed to F? Is picking up still Z? Is picking up and interacting going to be two different things in the Options window? If this is how it is than that is completely fine since that fixes picking up objects when I'm trying to talk to an NPC.

I doubt it has any connection, but F is the default action key for STO.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Bug?: PLATO spells out "em-kay" in "Qularr Invasion Simulation Mk 1.247b." Shouldn't it be pronounced "mark"?

Annoyance: Mission-giving NPCs repeat their base VO every time that page appears. So, for example, when you visit Mayor Biselle, You get the VO, you click on the mission and get its VO, and when you click accept, you get the initial VO again.

Hallelujah: There's a block tip between Mayor Biselle and Chief Surhoff!

Bug: Some of the MCPD Officer NPC flavor texts have VO filenames embedded in them.

Bug: Signal To Noise VO says "hologram computer", but the text says "hologram communicator".

Bug: "Over here! We don't have much time!" repeats over the Black Talon mission VO.

Bug?: Black Talon is still full-powered, unless you really want his alpha strike to be an Orbital Cannon.

Annoyance: Defender not only doesn't have a Z key, he doesn't have an F key, either. :wink:
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Headmistress Rowan despawns every so often, causing her dialog to vanish (I think it's because other people talking to her)

The audio tracks seem to play over one another in the start room.

Sapphire seems to be running around taking out qularr.

The block tutorial occurs next to nothing you can block (the mines detonate eventually, but it takes a while and there's no clue. Also, the hold type mines cannot be blocked).

All the qularr outdoors are level 1 now, instead of going from level 1-4.

It talks about "all of the beacons", but now there's only two that seems off.

'Launch Ironclad' is the icon, but it's actually "launch ironclad defense". Not that I would mind it actually being 'shoot ironclad through a cannon', which is what we thought it was when the game was launched. Actually, if you look at the cut scene, I think that's still what's happening, but the voice-over doesn't agree. Maybe just change the voice-over so it's clear that what you're doing is firing ironclad through a cannon.
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank-you for changing the default action key. I've bound it to the F key since summer 2009.
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    The "Student Buddies" and "Cat-astrophe" missions have apparently been removed. I assume this is intentional. However...

BUG: The "Save The City" perk can no longer be completed.

no%20perk_zps5mnj5rmn.jpg
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    BUG: Reggie the cat was removed, but when you get close to where he used to be, you still hear him meow.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I should probably pass this along since most of the Bug stuff is here:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=311021

Found by chaelk
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I posted this in the announcement thread but might be better here.

I am a bit disappointed Missing Friend and Reggie missions have gone. I do think if you are going to take out Missing Friend, then Breanna Bisselle should not be casually chilling in the middle of the bleeding war zone either. At least have her looking panicked beside her father. ''

Nothing much different visually in the actual battle zone - a few rubble piles moved around, the friend and reggie missing.

Suggestion

Foxbat is still in there. I think it would be good to have one of the NPCs, Surhoff maybe give a mission to tell players he is there - otherwise it is a fun device reward they are missing out on (be great if the ping pong gun wasnt temporary either! hint!)

Perhaps something like:

"That Foxbat guy was out there trying to help civilians but I haven't seen him in a while. Could you go find out what happened to him?"

Suggestion

On Entering the Powerhouse from the Tutorial, would be nice to get a small popup - even just saying in brief what is available - Tailor - change costume, Training Rooms - Test Powers, PVP Arena - Test Powers against other players, Theater and of course Powerhouse trainers, and the exit to Millennium City. Just thinking in terms of a brand new player.

Suggestion

Social Area - Ravenswood. In one of the new buildings would it be possible to link a simple interior map to be used as a social area. Doesnt need anything fancy like NPCs etc, just a couple of rooms which could fit with the outer style of the buildings. - Sweetlands Restraunt -tables with some book case stacks for example would be a great campus library.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Bug: Anyone can complete Power Up for you if you have the mission. That means not getting the starting gear associated to your stats.

Bug: Every Academy member's info says they are Rowan.

Also, new perks acquired in this tutorial can not be obtained by older characters. Older perks related to missions are gone for newer characters. This upsets 100% perk completion for all characters. Will this tutorial be playable for older characters? Will perks that are gone from tutorial be granted to all characters automatically now?

A nice tough is being able to see the training dummies through the windows and anyone already in there.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I should probably pass this along since most of the Bug stuff is here:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=311021

Found by chaelk

this lot.
    1. Whatever was said at the start. No idea. It got drowned out by my veteran rewards.

2. Egad. The student sounds like a right.. idiot. Also hard to understand some of his description names.

3. Plato I could just understand, distortion was ok, It was the speed they were talking at.

4. Defender nice and clear. Was funny seeing super speeder Kinetik, fight so slowly.
    When getting the mission coordinates. Nice, however, we don’t have that ingame, so anyone expecting to get that sort of map is going to wonder why.

5. When you do the first mission, you have instructions, NPC’s and someone else all talking at once.

6. Levelling announcement drowned out Macavoy

7. Biselle nice and clear.

8. When interacting the first object, you get told to press the F key or the interact button. The instruction Box shows Z key. Pick up message box is the same. Ingame Z is the default interact key.

9. CLOCK on building wall- 4-8 are upside down.

10. Sapphire has no sound.

11. First Block instructions turn up at an odd time, as you walk near some pods.

12. Aww no Reggie.

13. Foxbat has no voice for his mission, only the rescue part.

14. Level up message – Make sure to visit a powerhouse trainer. Does this mean you are removing remote training? Otherwise add it in, with picture of the icon on toolbar

15. Agent Sanchez- understandable. (I have bad hearing so, people speaking clearly is important)

16. Using devices- good. You might want to include equipping devices, since some don’t automatically equip.

17. Dr Silverback, nice and clear.

18. Open missions message- good

19. Witchcraft- nice and clear.

20. Second block instructions from defender say use Shift key, third set, when you go in say Block and hold. How about put block and hold on the Second one.

21. “We have to shut down ALL the beacons.” Defender, there’s only two. How about BOTH the beacons

22. You get the cutscene with shooting the mothership and get told Millenium city powerhouse. You are at the school.
    You have as mission “ A new threat” with the objective, leave the powerhouse.
    Plato has a mission, which sends you to the headmistress.
    If people leave straight away they will miss those missions. Amend the text.

Also the Headmistresses mission is the one, which sends you to the Powerhouse, so the other needs to go after it.

23. BUG:If You step onto the Platform and off again, without going to the main lobby. You get the xp for entering the powerhouse and the new mission “ Video star”

24. Travel power video – Please,add in. You get your second at level 35. You cannot get rank 3 in any till level 40. So many people ask these questions in zone.

25. IN the Gears and Stats video- the character sheet shown has the old stats. It shows 3 sets of gear instead of 2. It also shows energy/physical defence instead of defence.
    Also the descriptions next to the stats on the Talents examples are the old version.
    The piece of green gear used as an example is an old GLITCHED piece.
    A link to the gear and stats thread would be useful or put the table ingame.
    This one: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=90112

26. Starting gear pack- please, please add in, unpack the gear and equip it. So many people don’t do it and could you label the plain grey box- gear. A lot throw it out.

27. Some odd pixelating areas during Defender cutscene when leave powerhouse.

28. Mission objectives on a new threat. Leave powerhouse is listed after speak to Defender.

29. How about speak to Toy master about Perks system ?

30. Reward chat is scrambled. See picture.
    That’s the first run through.
    scrambled_zpsysxotpcn.png
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Note 1: May want to have Pluto mention that the hero should enter the simulation via platform next to it. New players may not get that it's a transporter and spend time looking for a door.

SGT Macavoy's repeating VO is irritating. He keeps repeating, "I'm glad you're here! Any assistance you can give will be greatly appreciated." He says it upon accepting the first mission, when you return to him and again upon accepting the Mayor's mission. I think once is enough with the VO. Leave it in the text window is fine.

Same repeating VO for Mayor Bisselle..."My administration will not stand for aliens attacking Millennium City." multiple times...now Griswold. Repeating VO is annoying.

How about dropping Qularr power replacers, such as the qularr pistol, rifle, minigun, etc?

Overall pretty decent revamp. The voices are good and there were at least 2 mentions/instructions on blocking.

Now let's revamp a small area in each zone to have level 6-15 missions and give us the option of which zone to start in.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Even the keymapping is getting STREAMLINED!.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    BUG :Female TIGHTS > details are inverted. (not just the muscles)
    Where: Live.
    It's not just the muscles. It's the actual tights> details section, as well.
    Tights in male with correct inwards and outwards details.
    not%20reversed_zps3ymbat5p.png

females with same tights but the detail is inverted.
    reversed%20tights_zpsk6lxzj96.png

• Options
    violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for a new Ravenswood location that should be a spectacular improvement over Caprice.
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    The Mission Tracker always has a primary mission selected.

Could you please make it optional? There are times I would find the inability to not have a primary mission annoying.

Please bring back the Reggie mission. There are a lot of cat lovers out there and personally it was among the most impressive moments I had on a first impression of the game, because it was such a change from the usual 'punch things' and I welcomed the chance to actually feel as though I was a hero instead of a roving mercenary.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    The popup tutorial boxes should be usable with controllers. I know controllers are not officially supported but they work really well with the game and most ui elements already work with them.
  • Options
    merloidermerloider Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Bug: Cannot Exit New Tutorial

Okay, so.. I made a character on live, left it in the tutorial, then copied it over to the PTR as my slots are filled and I can't purchase anymore because the PTR's C-Store has been disabled since time immemorial. This dumped me successfully in the tutorial on the PTR.

I completed all the missions, launched Ironclad, received the aborted victory cutscene, and was then dumped into the Powerhouse/Ravenswood room. I then received the mission 'Invasion Simulation'.. and neither portal takes me anywhere before or after I talk to Plato. I am now stuck on Invasion Simulation's 'Enter the Qularr Invasion Simulation'.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    As I posted it from the other thread and thought it should go here too.

The new campus seems pretty empty. Shouldn't there be more going on around the buildings? Actual super heroes in training. Less grass and more interesting buildings? Maybe open door workshops of some kind.

It needs more flesh and detail. Will this be feasible in the future? I'd like to see more things to do there and interact with instead of a new area that's deserted.

eiledon wrote: »
    Suggestion

Foxbat is still in there. I think it would be good to have one of the NPCs, Surhoff maybe give a mission to tell players he is there - otherwise it is a fun device reward they are missing out on (be great if the ping pong gun wasnt temporary either! hint!)

Perhaps something like:

"That Foxbat guy was out there trying to help civilians but I haven't seen him in a while. Could you go find out what happened to him?"

Foxbat should totally be referred to as an anomaly in the system for more 4th wall breaking goodness. He's not meant to be in the tutorial because its the real Foxbat who got in the system somehow.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not a huge fan of the "f" key as the new interaction button but I will get used to it.
    Only real issue is I wish we could go into the new buildings and use them for RP.
    Otherwise I like the changes. The voice work is much better than the past and it was nice not "having" to read everything.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    BUG: Second instruction pop up says -Press the F key, but the picture shows a Z key, and pressing the Z key makes the Z in the picture hilite, but doesn't actually interact with anything.

This bug is repeated with the pop up at the desk for Mayor's Mementos.

And again with the Picking up Items pop up
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    BUG: The switching default Interact key to F has overwritten already established characters with other key binds.

Can the switch be made to newer characters and not already existing characters?

For everyone who knows, you can also change your interaction key back to Z.
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    Known Issues
    - Some of the keybind images show Z instead of F.

They know about the images showing Z instead of F.
  • Options
    fusheng42fusheng42 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I went through the tutorial part and got to where you find out...

*SPOILERS*

It was all a simulation. i have to talk to Palto to run an invasion simualtion,.. and nothing happens.I'm stuck in the room with nowhere to go.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So, with everyone else getting all the bugs reported before I do, I suppose I can list a few suggestions here and there that would make this a bit more immersive.

Suggestion: Ravenswood should have a Library Social Instance in one of the buildings. Make it feel like an academy and not a facade. Need a base for a Library? Look at some of Vibora Bay's stuff and adjust the lighting to be more cheerful.

Suggestion: Ravenswood is all about the study of Supers, right? Put in a daily that allows heroes to "teach" the students at the academy! The reward? Hero Points and maybe a little bit of Resources. This can be received by the teacher standing outside and you can walk up to a group of students on campus to talk to them. Return to the teacher to finish the mission.

Overall, I kinda like the idea. Do more with it. :wink:

Now back to work on the Variable Robot set!
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Bug: NPC text dialogue shows the sound file name.

<sound Voice_Ravenswood/Contacts/CHARACTERTITLE_CHARACTERNAME/CHARACTERNAME_#_Callout>
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Okay, so I have a question. Since the new Tutorial is going to be a simulation in a Power House basement, does that mean it will be replayable through a panel in the Battle Station or something?
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    Okay, so I have a question. Since the new Tutorial is going to be a simulation in a Power House basement, does that mean it will be replayable through a panel in the Battle Station or something?

Oooh, make it scale to 40, throw some Worldburners and Annihilator Bots in there... I think you're on to something!
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    BUG: Characters can be teleported to the top of the game world, then sucked against a building and crucified there. It happens by jumping against the invisble wall heading south east just beyond the rubble pile by Surhoff.

I was able to reproduce this twice, but not a third time and now it's making me mad. Maybe it was just a server glitch?
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oooh, make it scale to 40, throw some Worldburners and Annihilator Bots in there... I think you're on to something!
    Make the Qularr shuttles actually attack. Make it so you can load yourself into the Ironclad cannon and get fired into the Qularr Mothership. However, I think anything like that would have to be a separate map that merely resembled the tutorial ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    BUG: Characters can get stuck in walls by climbing or being knocked over the sphere sculptures in Champions HQ in the Beacon room

I reported this over two years ago.
    Just remove those sculptures, or make the spheres holograms with no collision to get stuck on.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    merloider wrote: »
    Bug: Cannot Exit New Tutorial

Okay, so.. I made a character on live, left it in the tutorial, then copied it over to the PTR as my slots are filled and I can't purchase anymore because the PTR's C-Store has been disabled since time immemorial. This dumped me successfully in the tutorial on the PTR.

I completed all the missions, launched Ironclad, received the aborted victory cutscene, and was then dumped into the Powerhouse/Ravenswood room. I then received the mission 'Invasion Simulation'.. and neither portal takes me anywhere before or after I talk to Plato. I am now stuck on Invasion Simulation's 'Enter the Qularr Invasion Simulation'.

yes, just tested it myself.
    You skipped the first part of the new tutorial by transferring a character already in the Tutorial.

So you didn't actually get the "invasion simulation mission" till after you had done it.

You borked the mission Arc by starting in the Tutorial main area instead of in the school.

• Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kaizerin wrote: »
    The popup tutorial boxes should be usable with controllers. I know controllers are not officially supported but they work really well with the game and most ui elements already work with them.

Here, here!
    As I posted it from the other thread and thought it should go here too.

The new campus seems pretty empty. Shouldn't there be more going on around the buildings? Actual super heroes in training. Less grass and more interesting buildings? Maybe open door workshops of some kind.

It needs more flesh and detail. Will this be feasible in the future? I'd like to see more things to do there and interact with instead of a new area that's deserted.

Also posted in the other thread, and I have to rebut it here as well.

This part in red is a resounding no, as Ravenswood Academy is a SECRET super hero training facility, it is publically a private academy for the wealthy and powerful, and the gifted.

Think Xavier's Mansion without the Mutant bent, back in the days when nobody knew it was anything more than a school for the 'gifted'.

It may be an open secret in the super hero community [and not the more-general Meta-human community, mind you], but that doesn't mean Rowan wants Viper or anyone else snooping around her campus.

The Academy's secrecy is both it's first and best line of defense.

Also, the largest majority of it's student body are normal students, no powers, other than politically powerful, celebrity, or wealthy parents. This secrecy keeps them and all the meta-human students safe as well.

Other than keeping at least the trappings of secrecy in place, I absolutely agree there needs to be a tiny bit more, I'd like to also see a small social instance, perhaps a library connected to one of the buildings, and perhaps this is also where the devs can place Rowan [as Headmistress Kristina Pelvanen] outside the Tutorial and in the main game.

Personal note to the devs; Great job on Rowan, who looks pretty much exactly like the version of her I role-play in my guild, and the Ravenswood uniforms, both day / class uniforms and the 'Gym suits' they train in in U-hall. Those aren't quite like ours, but I'm just going to roll with those green ones in the tutorial as being the Homeroom Beta [and lower] classes uniforms.

Only Homeroom Alpha Kids are ready for live field training, according to the lore. :biggrin:
  • Options
    crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for all the great feedback, folks! Hugely helpful!

We'll be compiling a list of fixes over the course of the weekend and get started on revisions next week.

Cheers! :smile:
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Guess it's time to put my two cents in if its anything at all.

Just saying this here and now:

If the 'F' Key is no longer meant to be used for 'Follow' then the 'Z' icon in the right hand corner below the picture where it tells you the 'Interacting with Contacts' Message needs to go.

(Although I'm used to that key for speaking to NPCs) just saying.

So far most of the grammar/spelling seems fine though I'm sure some betters will point other obvious extras.

I'll probably speak of more when I'm through it further.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like the idea that the Foxbat in the simulation is a glitch, perhaps something PLATO extrapolated from known behavior patterns and never mentioned to the meat glaciers outside. Add a little dialog on the topic at the end... :biggrin:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2015

We'll be compiling a list of fixes over the course of the weekend and get started on revisions next week.

Hello!

I am loving that everything has voice over, I actually sat through and listened to each one and I loved them all. (PLATO's a bit weird though).

I liked the addition of the Qularr Orbital cannon and Defender seems stronger so it actually felt like a team effort, which I love.

The only things I have to say are:

- Please. PLEASE bring back the Blocking Tutorial in full. Those mines have a strong hold and this is not always resisted by the blocking mechanic, as once you release the block you can be held with either a full breakfree bar or a half break free bar.

- Allow Ravenswood Academy Buildings in the open world to be interacted with so that they have RP Instances. This would be an excellent addition and I believe that if this happens, it'd really be a great bonus and will be appreciated. It seems odd to add it in otherwise.

I'll also pop this here:

Will there be a fixing of perks/introduction to how the Perk System works in the tutorial? Since there are perks in the tutorial and players dont find out about the perk system until they have left the tutorial.

Will there be a way to access a lvl 40 version of this tutorial, to have some sort of content not just restricted to newcomers & to allow players to obtain the perks that broke from the original tutorial?
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    The block mission needs to return. Like, an actual mission where you cannot progress through the tutorial until it's completed. I ran through the qularr minefield before anything bad happened, that's not a good substitute.

This needs to be a secret ending to the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLr2CF_tQr0
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kaizerin wrote: »
    This needs to be a secret ending to the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLr2CF_tQr0

Provide players with Party Bombs and a room full of qularr.... :tongue:
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I loved that their system was named Plato. I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to CO lore, but I love tht it goes with Socrates.

I really agree with others that the buildings should lead to small instances. Even if one takes you to the Powerhouse to act as their training facilities.

But more RP instances, even small ones would be welcomed. Heck a library could be made with pieces from other missions. I wouldn't think it would be a large amount of time.

Anyway, great work thus far.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Could you please make it optional? There are times I would find the inability to not have a primary mission annoying.

Seconded. I am actually annoyed every time I have a primary mission. Several of my characters are bugged, to where any time they acquire a new mission, it defaults to primary. Would be nice to leave that as optional.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ugh there is no point
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Primary mission 100% has to be optional. I don't wanna have a blue arrow in my face all day.
    We do have option to make The Blue Arrow NOT be in your face 100% of time.
    It's in the Options....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    We do have option to make The Blue Arrow NOT be in your face 100% of time.
    It's in the Options....

Well, as I see it, every mission you get in the tutorial is primary. New players to the game might think those arrows are standard, but you need to activate them by setting missions to primary outside of the tutorial, and so making them primary missions by default doesn't help anyone. Perhaps making them like every mission outside of the tutorial with a pop up explaining how to make missions primary missions, like perhaps in the section with the Surhoff and Grizwald, where you get your first multiple missions, would be more beneficial to new players.

As a veteran replaying this new tutorial I found it annoying.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm going to side with the majority in saying that the primary mission and "press z to interact" issues should be kept as is

I'd really prefer to not have to go fix all my level 40s to work the same as they have for going on six years now. I appreciate QoL changes, but these aren't the ones we need.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Permanent primary mission is backtracking something that doesn't need fixing.
    iamrune wrote: »
    This part in red is a resounding no, as Ravenswood Academy is a SECRET super hero training facility, it is publically a private academy for the wealthy and powerful, and the gifted.

Me not knowing that is not the fault of the player but for the lack of writing to explain that it is a secret hero training facility. I'm just trying to make suggestions to the new location so its filling rather than just another place that got added with no meaningful contribution to the game as a whole.

Something needs to be added now while they are working on it, unless its intended to update it in the future with events or something.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Might I make a couple suggestions about the new academy?

1) the buildings don't really look that substantial but their location is very much in a prime location, to me this is somewhat jarring. If these new buildings sat were the high school sat it wouldn't seem so strange.

2) If this is a private school or a school for underage students there probably shouldn't be NPCs running through the school grounds.

3) Should there be venders selling flowers in the middle of the school? Maybe change them to something in keeping with a collage campus or just remove them.

4) There's no parking and Millennium city doesn't really have any public transportation, how do students, teachers, and staff get to the school everyday? Walk? Maybe add a parking lot.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    BUGS

1. PLATO tends to overlap herself a lot in conversations causing a lot of drowning out instead of waiting for you to push continue on the tutorial pop up box.

2. There is no tutorial on explaining the inspiration orbs that drop for powering a character up that I noticed.

3. Foxbat has no VO work in his dialog boxes, and since Bill Roper isn't around will probably require new VO work now.

4. While some of the rubble was strategically placed to obviously direct our attention else where, the new rubble can still be easily climbed over bypassing the intended route you guys wanted, most noticeably near the Police Chief and you can still climb the rubble to get to Mayte.

5. The rescue the friend mission was completely cut. I don't like this either, as like the now missing cat mission it sort of makes people explore less. But I can understand the rescuing a friend mission since it could easily be missed if someone else was doing it. Perhaps start using the phasing tech you use in neverwinter to allow individuals to have their own isntance of said NPC?

Quality of Life Changes

1. The cat quest was removed. This is not so much a bug, but something that should not be removed as it was in a clear quest area where players can learn how to use pick up quest items.

2. Black Talon was ridiculously easy as in I beat him before he got a second shot off. He needs to be beefed up, damage maybe a bit more to to provide some challenge. The lack of challenge is one of the issues currently with Champions.

3. Open Mission reward, instead of having it at a central spot, take a page from Neverwinter and make all open mission rewards apart of a special window that can be opened to claim said rewards.

4. Take another page out of Neverwinter and let's stop calling them Open Missions. It makes it sound so sterile and generic. Let's start calling them Heroic Encounters or Heroic Events. That way it might feel more inspirational.

5. The UI could use some work, especially since you have two different UI versions between the classic blue and the new comic book style UI for the information window and Alert information. Change it to be more like the new comic style alert window now, so it feels more streamlined and less clunky. In the process combine the bags interface so we don't have to deal with multi-bagging anymore, aka take another page out of Neverwinter's book. This means we could have a better character sheet as well that is more descriptive than the current one, please with the character in a heroic pose.

6. The Champion holograms in Homestead need to be placed in heroic poses, they are currently just standing in a generic stance, IE Sapphire in basic vixen stance, and so forth, Give them some poses to make them look more heroic, or more representative of who the character is. Give it more of a heroic look to them.

7. Ravenswood Academy kind of seems out of place where it is to be honest. I would have personally made a new map and a bigger campus IMO. As it currently stands, Ravenwood Academy is way too small, especially if we are to believe this is the Xavier Institute of Champions. I get that it is just a small instittue from the main one, but you might as well add more buildings to the rest of the park because it does feel too small.

8. Add a library to one of the buildings, taking a page out of CoH for this one, that players can enter. More social hubs are a good thing, not a bad thing.

9. Move AoC's statue to the Campus at the very least, with the campus taking up so much interest real estate the memorial statue is now going to be even less known than it currently is.

10. Another QOL thing I just thought of but something that could potentially be added to the UI element. Again, stealing this from Neverwinter, but add the boss lifebar to the top of the screen like it is done in Neverwinter. That way players can see the bosses life, debuffs and so forth much easier.

Over-All the changes seem more streamlined but a lot seemed cut for cuttings sake. Red Bug Down is still there. Not happy that the cat is missing because it did add a simple staple that has always existed in super hero themed comics, the rescuing of a cat.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
This discussion has been closed.