What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20141212.10 PTS Update

radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PTS - The Archive
This build is now available on PTS.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141212.10:

Preview:
  • The Debugger has a Scientist costume set for preview. Please note that this set is still being polished.

UI:
  • Hourly Events are working again.

Costumes:
  • Mechassassin and Warlord gun-hands are now available in both short and long glove categories.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by radioscience on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Costumes:

Mechassassin and Warlord gun-hands are now available in both short and long glove categories.

That's awsome. Nice.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ok, as far as I can tell, the scientist set has 2 lab coats, insulating gloves, two top accessories, mad scientist hair and new glasses.

Anything else?

Also, it is easy to see that it is unfinished. The buttons on the lab coats use the same color as the lab coat itself.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can Lab Coats be made to work in all categories other than just Chest Wear and Jackets?

Can the Head Mirror's be added to Eye Accessory as well? Maybe get a mirrored version of both to be used on the left eye too?

Can we just combine the long and short glove categories already? Even put them in the torso tab since one item in one tab seems like a heavy waste of space.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    An excellent opportunity to add a regular beard.

Please please please add a beard.

Pretty please...*flutters eyelashes*

EDIT: LMAO

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please please please add a bear.
    Dr. Freud, your slip is showing... :wink:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • orrynnorrynn Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can you please add all the patterns to the pencil skirt. Also it would be nice if you add a mad/crazy scientist hairdo. Think doc from back to the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Dr. Freud, your slip is showing... :wink:

OMG

Too funny, and yes, Jon, you've got me pegged.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    orrynn wrote: »
    Can you please add all the patterns to the pencil skirt. Also it would be nice if you add a mad/crazy scientist hairdo. Think doc from back to the future.

There is one

Champions%20Online_2015-02-04_20-00-57.jpg

Champions%20Online_2015-02-04_20-12-06.jpg

Bug Clipping
    Where it happens PTS
    What happens Clipping in multiple areas: neck, hand, back, chest.

Champions%20Online_2015-02-04_20-10-16.jpg

Champions%20Online_2015-02-04_20-10-30.jpg
  • blackwolf305blackwolf305 Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe and a ripped sleeves(have the edges stained or something like that) to the modern lab coat, to give it a more mad scientist feel
    Like The Lizard off of the amazing Spider-Man
    edited February 2015
    Suggeston: Make the glass in the spectacles have the glass option as the Holoforce set does(be nice to have the brush metal for the frames as well). Also having a glow option for them would be cool.
    Champions%20Online_2015-02-04_20-19-32.jpg

Bug Material feature
    Where it happens PTS
    What happens CLoth has a solid look and leather/metal have different patterns

Champions%20Online_2015-02-04_20-15-31.jpg
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hate to be mister negative here, but I'm not really impressed. It's not my thing, but hopefully it's incomplete- i'd like to be able to use it. I can't scroll through the tailor and see how we're really lacking in things to make a mad scientist. C'mon guys, you got a ton of submissions to work with for costume ideas and this one just seems like a bottom of the barrel idea.
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope you add a neckpiece like this one:

NiazJmw.jpg
    edited February 2015
    I hate to be mister negative here, but I'm not really impressed. It's not my thing, but hopefully it's incomplete- i'd like to be able to use it. I can't scroll through the tailor and see how we're really lacking in things to make a mad scientist. C'mon guys, you got a ton of submissions to work with for costume ideas and this one just seems like a bottom of the barrel idea.
    [*]The Debugger has a Scientist costume set for preview. Please note that this set is still being polished.
    [/B][/COLOR]
    I mean the last costumes they have released jumped from pharaoh to skeleton to anime to krampus. I think it's kind of diverse.
    edited February 2015
    Champions%20Online_2015-02-04_20-12-06.jpg

Bug Clipping
    Where it happens PTS
    What happens Clipping in multiple areas: neck, hand, back, chest.

Champions%20Online_2015-02-04_20-10-16.jpg

Champions%20Online_2015-02-04_20-10-30.jpg
    The 19th Century Lab Coat also clips on the legs when Flying. Incidentally, that front clipping on the 19th Century one is from the belt; set Belt to None, and it vanishes.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Marie Curie Hair - flickering/clipping on left hand side of the head just in front of the ear. Also at certain angles on back left of the head/nape of neck, skin clips through hair model.

Suggestion: Please add a colorable stained/dirty pattern option to the labcoats - this will allow us to have some experiment damage - mad scientist things go boom!

Suggestion: An belt with pouches, calipers, test tubes etc - similar to the wizard belt with the potions but for a scientist.

Suggestion: Add a leather apron option to the labcoat e.g
    889079-Adult-Deluxe-Mad-Scientist-Costume-large.jpg

Also does this mean we might also see a 'time machine' style vehicle in the near future?

TIME_MACHINE.jpg
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well I like what I see with the set so far, though the lab coats have some significant clipping issues.

Is there any chance we could get some additional pieces though?

NPCs have had torn labcoats since launch. Might be nice to polish them up and port them over for more hulkish characters. Additionally, i'd really love to see some keycard/lanyard emblem/neck pieces. Maybe with harmon, viper, or argent logos?

Also: maybe some of the lost costume unlocks? The freeze ray model comes to mind :)
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not bad for a start; however I do have some suggestions;

1. The female version should also have a mini-dress option (pencil straight, a-line and flared) with small slits on the left and right side of the bottom hem, matching fishnet stockings with labcoat buttons going down the sides and boots (short, tall, thigh-high).

2. Offer the coat in different states of wear; new, dirty, tattered and clean, tattered and dirty. It would be cool to have a dripping ooze aura to go with this. As far as the dirty options, they should be either separate (hand/paw smears, smudges, streaks, blotches, spills) or a combination of the aftorementioned.

3. It would be nice to have more sleeve options like full, 3/4, short, left no sleeve, right no sleeve, and no sleeves. Buttoned and fold-over cuffs could be offered on all sleeve styles.

4. The collars should be varied as well such as very high/high/low and folded with/without button(s),

When will this costume set be available?
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes! I Love You! Short Gloves Category! Finally I Can Couple Em With Shields Or My Amazing Bracers!

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
    edited February 2015
    kyastral wrote: »
    Not bad for a start; however I do have some suggestions;

1. The female version should also have a mini-dress option (pencil straight, a-line and flared) with small slits on the left and right side of the bottom hem, matching fishnet stockings with labcoat buttons going down the sides and boots (short, tall, thigh-high).

2. Offer the coat in different states of wear; new, dirty, tattered and clean, tattered and dirty. It would be cool to have a dripping ooze aura to go with this. As far as the dirty options, they should be either separate (hand/paw smears, smudges, streaks, blotches, spills) or a combination of the aftorementioned.

3. It would be nice to have more sleeve options like full, 3/4, short, left no sleeve, right no sleeve, and no sleeves. Buttoned and fold-over cuffs could be offered on all sleeve styles.

4. The collars should be varied as well such as very high/high/low and folded with/without button(s),

When will this costume set be available?

You don't know how long I've been wanting suggestion 3
    This seriously needs to be considered.
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Both lab coats appear to clip and glitch out really hard on any posture except the Heroic one when worn on female characters, here's an example:

xC9ok1r.gif

I'm not sure how difficult this is to fix from a rigging standpoint, but scientists gone horribly monstrous are a classic!
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would love if the blade arms you get from killing 5000 Qliphothic npc's were made to work in both too. :D
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    you mean like the mutated scientists in westside?
    Hm. Have it unlock a 'hunchback' stance?
    edited February 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    Only as an option.

Some of us arent MAD scientists, just respectable ones.

Yeah totally as an option:biggrin: thats what i ment
  • crashjrivecrashjrive Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Not only a regular beard... An entire hair set!
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think the female hair (I've not seen the male hair up close) needs some work. When my hair frizzes up? It doesn't just do it in the back. Plus I'd like to see some highlights in it and not just one color controlling the whole thing.

Weapons: A giant syringe, a scalpel and a Bone saw. We NEED these.

And I totally agree with the giant collar! That thing looks SO cool. A couple people mentioned more patterns on the jacket and skirt, that needs to happen.

P.S. They have the ideas for a male and female hair pack already. ;) They just need to create it. <3

Rose_sig.png
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think the female hair (I've not seen the male hair up close) needs some work. When my hair frizzes up? It doesn't just do it in the back. Plus I'd like to see some highlights in it and not just one color controlling the whole thing.
    I also want an option for partially greying hair. Something with streaks perhaps. For both M and F, though typical patterns are different.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I mean the last costumes they have released jumped from pharaoh to skeleton to anime to krampus. I think it's kind of diverse.

Yeah, but let's be honest...

Pharoah Lockbox.

Skeleton Lockbox.

Anime for sale.

Krampus Lockbox.

As I see it, brother- they've released one costume set out of that batch and the rest were gambles. And I must be fair- it's a slump from the previous Psi Dragon and Holoforce costumes. Look at the difference in pieces and options. I hope this does not become a trend.

And don't get me wrong, I don't 'hate' the Anime set, I just wish there was more to it.
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, but let's be honest...

Pharoah Lockbox.

Skeleton Lockbox.

Anime for sale.

Krampus Lockbox.

As I see it, brother- they've released one costume set out of that batch and the rest were gambles. And I must be fair- it's a slump from the previous Psi Dragon and Holoforce costumes. Look at the difference in pieces and options. I hope this does not become a trend.

And don't get me wrong, I don't 'hate' the Anime set, I just wish there was more to it.

Honestly, I DON'T like the Holoforce/Psionic Dragon sets that much, I mean the material options are AMAZING, but the sets on a whole are just kind of... untextured, solid plates for the sake of plates? (That makes sense to me, anyway)

Also the sheer amount of "floating" pieces bugs me.
    Honestly, I DON'T like the Holoforce/Psionic Dragon sets that much, I mean the material options are AMAZING, but the sets on a whole are just kind of... untextured, solid plates for the sake of plates? (That makes sense to me, anyway)

It's the versalitility of these sets that makes them amongst the most popular.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited February 2015
    In any case, I also strongly suggest adding stain pattern choices to the lab coats.

Mad scientists need to have coats with stains, burns, rips, etc.

Glowing green goo

Blood spatter

Blackened burns

Likewise, please have hair that uses at least two color channels (base plus highlight).

edited February 2015
    In any case, I also strongly suggest adding stain pattern choices to the lab coats.

Mad scientists need to have coats with stains, burns, rips, etc.

Glowing green goo

Blood spatter

Blackened burns

Likewise, please have hair that uses at least two color channels (base plus highlight).

Glow spots!!!!! Great idea.

Can we get this for the Club Caprice floor? Bring on the blacklight
    edited February 2015
    If you saw the floor of Club Caprice under blacklight, you'd never stop showering...

• sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you saw the floor of Club Caprice under blacklight, you'd never stop showering...

I tried to prevent these two words from running through my brain, but they were just too powerful, even for me:

Jackson. Pollock.

:eek:
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2015

It'd probably be a solid white.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Special request!

If there is still time, please add the science emote from the science crafting tables as an entitlement when unlocking this costume set.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Pretty please...*flutters eyelashes*

EDIT: LMAO

Please, make it happen. The Lincoln beard is close... it just needs a mustache. Beardy scientist!
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Special request!

If there is still time, please add the science emote from the science crafting tables as an entitlement when unlocking this costume set.

Seconded. Good call, Brou.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited February 2015
    Special request!

Thirded!

Also, please please please add a full, tintable beard. Like the Abe Lincoln beard, but with mustache.

Scientists love beards, you know.

• kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Special request!

Would be nice if they added all of the crafting emotes!
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its almost time for a new lock box.
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i was hoping we could get some sort of Hazmat helmet with the scientist set

But maybe its too late (or you could consider a hazmat set in the future)

yEm9Pic.jpg

2zrZye1.jpg

2swGejv.jpg
    the drawing is from http://joldi.deviantart.com/
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    soulforger wrote: »
    Its almost time for a new lock box.

Emote Lockbox, Here we come!

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Emote Lockbox, Here we come!

Joking or not, I would totally spend some zen on that, particularly if they had some alternatr stances in it.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would definitely be interested in a set of new stances other than the Normal, Heroic, Beastly, etc.

Costume change emotes were also a very popular thing in City of Heroes that I'd love to see come to CO. They were animations like spinning around quickly or raising your fist followed by lightning striking you.
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Joking or not, I would totally spend some zen on that, particularly if they had some alternatr stances in it.

Most definitely a joke.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Along with this costume set...I have another request...

Do you think you could bring back:

[Temporary High Powered Force Field] devices?

Similar to the HOT Bots devices and Major Arcane Empowerment devices we have.

I'd be very grateful if these came back to the LIVE Server alongside this costume set and Brou's suggestion.