test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Sorcery/Fire/Electricity) - Regarding the Powers Copied Over

meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Suggestions Box
Not too long ago, we got certain sorcery powers (which weren't dealing magic damage) copied over to respective power trees relevant to their damage types. It was a somewhat choppy job, with the intent of primarily giving sorcery a consistent damage typing, which all in all is good, and worked, obviously

Now, let me show you

RED signifies something that can be considered a bug, issue, or problem.
YELLOW is a suggestion, or advice, usually tied to a bug, issue, or problem.
GREEN is an approval, that this power does not have a certain issue relevant in this thread.

[Electricity] Sigils of the Storm:
Still uses Sorcery VFX during the cast/charge - Consider something electrical, maybe even the TK Maelstrom animation, with lightning effects.
The lightning strikes from the "sigils" don't seem to strike from the right location. As you will see below, they strike from way above the actual lightning ball visual.
At Rank 3, the visuals appear to be broken in a few ways. The balls themselves look bugged, as if the VFX are poorly layered.
The balls also sit way closer to the ground, with a diagonal line of VFX sticking out at the bottom, leading me to believe the VFX overall have an erroneous rotation, causing them to lie low, and with a strange angle.

I did not experience any issues using custom colorations with this power.
YV7wwtp.gif

[Sorcery] Sigils of Destruction:
Abandoning the electric visual on these sigils may be worthwhile, as they now deal magic damage. Perhaps they can fire mystic bolts at enemies, or prismatic lasers.
7G3OEnq.gif

[Sorcery] Invocation of Storm Calling:
Abandoning the lightning strike visual for this power may be worthwhile, as it now deals magic damage. Perhaps enemies erupt with magical force?
pk7kk9w.gif

[Sorcery] Warlock's Blades:
Has some remaining fire explosion effects in the summon, just before the swords appear.
The fire explosion does not adhere to your power color of choice.

Even though I love the reflective metal, it may be worthwhile to give these blades the laser sword effect, making the blade itself a glowing white material.
bTwVWr9.gif

[Sorcery] Sigils of Arcane Runes:
Still uses a fire effect for the explosion, despite dealing magic damage - Consider something magical, perhaps in the realms of Vengeance rank1 VFX
6s4w1c0.gif

[Fire] Pyromancer's Blades:
Still uses Sorcery VFX during the cast/charge - It may be wise to keep this as is, as you do summon magical fire-blades. Listed anyway for sake of keeping the system.
The fire explosion just before the swords appear does not adhere to your power color of choice.
7iL3Zv8.gif

[Fire] Living Fire:
Consider turning the beating "fire crystals" into stationary fireballs, I'm not sure ice-looking objects signify fire.
RpEj6LM.gif

And that is all!
I hope this was in any way helpful, shape or form, and that the format was pleasant to navigate.

Bye!​​
[A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
[Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
[Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
[Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
[Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
[Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
[Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
Post edited by meeoeoowie on

Comments