test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Official Existing Hideout Suggestion Thread!

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Wardrobe/Dresser for the Penthouse Tailor – something along the lines of:

Links: 1, 2, 3.

Of course there are larger, more luxurious walk-in closet designs out there, but I tried to keep it minimalist and picked examples wich I personally think would serve that space the best (with the sliding door/walls), maybe added a couple mannequins like in the store at the PH's tailor (awesome work there, btw), etc...

Can we expect a similar feature in a semi-near future, maybe? Please? Pretty please??? :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Wouldn't it be cool to have as visual decorations or transport points:

Helipad with several helicopter/VTOL options for the penthouse roof

Garage with several car and bike options for the basement

Landing Pad with several spaceship options (Rockets and Flying Saucers etc) for the moonbase

Additional cave/platform with several vehicles (train carriage on rails, speedboat or submersible, car etc) for the cave

Big portal with several different cool effects (star field, alien landscape horizon, angelic clouds, burning demonic realm etc) for the sanctum

That way each hideout gets an additional set of features that could suit the various hideout styles.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Access to the other currenly walled off rooms full of props in the various hideouts would be nice. I've seen what looks like an arena in he basement on the other side of the wall during load time lags or bugs, and what looks like a garage on the other side of the kitchen in the penthouse
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    acwrig2 wrote:
    Access to the other currenly walled off rooms full of props in the various hideouts would be nice. I've seen what looks like an arena in he basement on the other side of the wall during load time lags or bugs, and what looks like a garage on the other side of the kitchen in the penthouse

I agree. I noticed that the moon base has gym equipment in it's right wing, from what I could tell from the exterior. I would love for them to finish (since you can tell they started) the hideouts.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I had some random ideas for extra variants on the existing hideouts. Note that they get less and less 'conservative' as you go down:

Cave: Hidden Dojo. A cave base with a clear far-eastern theme. The architecture that is embedded within the rock is largely wooden, and favors a more hexagonal design over full-roundness. Ideal furnishings would include a low tea table in the center, a shrine area for the crime computer, and, of course, a tatami training pad and classic weapons rack for the tailor area.

Basement: Biological Calamity. One basement you'd probably not want to walk into by accident, this foundation has been turned into some biological alien's den, with the walls covered in fleshy tendrils, and the homely furnishings replaced by inhuman protrusions and growths. Areas such as the tailor would include a cocoon-like sleeping pod, and the crime computer some sort of pulsating brain/heart organ in the corner.

Sanctum: Artificer's Workshop. A sanctum with a distinct mechanical theme, the side walls of the room are adorned with sparse shelves of unfinished machines and trinkets. The center of the room contains a mahogany dining table and desk, reminiscent of 19th century styles. The far end of the room contains a large mechanical apparatus that covers the entire wall, valves and pistons churning wildly, perhaps serving as a mechanism to hold up a series of platforms above? Below the primary platform is a bed and mechanical-bronze dresser, with suitable devices to help any hero quickly get dressed for the job!

Penthouse: Abandoned building. Any hobo's dreamland; to get an entire top-floor of a building to yourself. Of course, to any other person, this would seem like anything but. Having long been forgotten, many of the windows of this building are boarded up, and much of the furniture is either missing or decaying. In place of commodities such as beds or chairs, there lie instead cardboard hovels and makeshift fires. Room dividers would include tall, industrial shelves, and instead of a proper kitchen, the abandoned set gets several shelves of canned supplies. A lot of the open glass featured on the building is now instead solid brick wall with regular windows, suggesting these floors might have been some sort of industrial storehouse instead of an apartment (Could there even be an alternative that features ruined outside walls or even no wall whatsoever?) The mechanism for the hidden weapon room and crime computer would potentially be broken, bringing up no walls to hide the outside and only opening up the side compartment, where dingy crates and shelves of makeshift weaponry wait.

Moonbase: Lunar Patio. A moonbase with a very distinct arcane theme. Lunar patio is extremely minimalistic, removing almost all the walls featured in the air-tight moonbase and instead replacing it with nothing more than a metal fence and rustic streetlamps. Magical cobblestones float in midair, as an arcane representation of the cosmos hangs above several tea tables and chairs. In place of the sleeping pods offered by the standard moonbases, there are only glowing platforms that can be toggled on and off, and in place of the blast-shield control, the Lunar Patio offers a tome on a pedistal, which can be used to call down an illusory magic dome, showing traced constellations or a blue sky with clouds. Tailor is now a set of levitating amoires, while the crime computer is an unusual "outdoor office" like furnishing, resembling a cross between a street stall with a striped tarp overhead, and a writing desk. Being very unorthodox, this moonbase removes a lot of the walls featured in the other bases, and, while strange, is ideal for powerful wizards, reality-benders, and other eccentric, magic-based heroes.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Bluhman wrote:
    I had some random ideas for extra variants on the existing hideouts. Note that they get less and less 'conservative' as you go down:

Cave: Hidden Dojo. A cave base with a clear far-eastern theme. The architecture that is embedded within the rock is largely wooden, and favors a more hexagonal design over full-roundness. Ideal furnishings would include a low tea table in the center, a shrine area for the crime computer, and, of course, a tatami training pad and classic weapons rack for the tailor area.

Basement: Biological Calamity. One basement you'd probably not want to walk into by accident, this foundation has been turned into some biological alien's den, with the walls covered in fleshy tendrils, and the homely furnishings replaced by inhuman protrusions and growths. Areas such as the tailor would include a cocoon-like sleeping pod, and the crime computer some sort of pulsating brain/heart organ in the corner.

Sanctum: Artificer's Workshop. A sanctum with a distinct mechanical theme, the side walls of the room are adorned with sparse shelves of unfinished machines and trinkets. The center of the room contains a mahogany dining table and desk, reminiscent of 19th century styles. The far end of the room contains a large mechanical apparatus that covers the entire wall, valves and pistons churning wildly, perhaps serving as a mechanism to hold up a series of platforms above? Below the primary platform is a bed and mechanical-bronze dresser, with suitable devices to help any hero quickly get dressed for the job!

Penthouse: Abandoned building. Any hobo's dreamland; to get an entire top-floor of a building to yourself. Of course, to any other person, this would seem like anything but. Having long been forgotten, many of the windows of this building are boarded up, and much of the furniture is either missing or decaying. In place of commodities such as beds or chairs, there lie instead cardboard hovels and makeshift fires. Room dividers would include tall, industrial shelves, and instead of a proper kitchen, the abandoned set gets several shelves of canned supplies. A lot of the open glass featured on the building is now instead solid brick wall with regular windows, suggesting these floors might have been some sort of industrial storehouse instead of an apartment (Could there even be an alternative that features ruined outside walls or even no wall whatsoever?) The mechanism for the hidden weapon room and crime computer would potentially be broken, bringing up no walls to hide the outside and only opening up the side compartment, where dingy crates and shelves of makeshift weaponry wait.

Moonbase: Lunar Patio. A moonbase with a very distinct arcane theme. Lunar patio is extremely minimalistic, removing almost all the walls featured in the air-tight moonbase and instead replacing it with nothing more than a metal fence and rustic streetlamps. Magical cobblestones float in midair, as an arcane representation of the cosmos hangs above several tea tables and chairs. In place of the sleeping pods offered by the standard moonbases, there are only glowing platforms that can be toggled on and off, and in place of the blast-shield control, the Lunar Patio offers a tome on a pedistal, which can be used to call down an illusory magic dome, showing traced constellations or a blue sky with clouds. Tailor is now a set of levitating amoires, while the crime computer is an unusual "outdoor office" like furnishing, resembling a cross between a street stall with a striped tarp overhead, and a writing desk. Being very unorthodox, this moonbase removes a lot of the walls featured in the other bases, and, while strange, is ideal for powerful wizards, reality-benders, and other eccentric, magic-based heroes.

/signed to the lot! Those are great ideas!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Wouldn't it be cool to have as visual decorations or transport points:

Helipad with several helicopter/VTOL options for the penthouse roof

Garage with several car and bike options for the basement

Landing Pad with several spaceship options (Rockets and Flying Saucers etc) for the moonbase

Additional cave/platform with several vehicles (train carriage on rails, speedboat or submersible, car etc) for the cave

Big portal with several different cool effects (star field, alien landscape horizon, angelic clouds, burning demonic realm etc) for the sanctum

That way each hideout gets an additional set of features that could suit the various hideout styles.

this would really be great for all hideouts,it kind of adds more of a personalized feeling to it.
  • Options
    verliuxverliux Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think you should add a Personal trainer to the hideouts. Just make them so they work the same as the Shared Bank where only your toon can use them. Being that you need to go to powerhouse can be a couple of thing. Frustrating with the crowd. makes some people lag. Also if you around a mission zone can be frusterating to have to go all the way to town to see one. Another nice thing would be to have the same concept except it be a crafting table in each of the hideouts. Like i said though if youdo think thats a good idea though. Make it ONLY usuable to the person that owns the hideout. That way your still making money on people buying your hideouts.
    I do have a real life! I just forgot the password to it....
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You don't actually have to go to Power House to train. Only when removing something.
    And you don't need the table to "craft".
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    You don't actually have to go to Power House to train. Only when removing something.
    And you don't need the table to "craft".

Or when testing something unsure whether to take it or another option. And how approrpiate would it be to have a training-room with dummies and/or holograms in our hideputs? In fact it's right there in my moonbase with it's neat little boxing ring and all only the door doesn't open and presumably the coding isn't done.

What i would like is for us to be able to either change the costume on the trainer or choose from a set of appropriate ones or have a pre-made costume appropriate to each hideout.

Here's some suggestions for pre-mades:

* Mom's Basement trainer: Highschool Coach or Homeless Person dragged off the street

* Vigilante Basement Trainer: Retired Ex-hero or battlescarred vietnam-vet style soldier

* Tech Basement: Hologram

* Primal Cave: Fire-Spirit perhaps with a skull helmet or with the cat head

* Industrial Cave: Pulp-era soldier in dress uniform or Industrial Robot

* Tech Cave: Re-programmed and re-painted Destroid

* 60's Moonbase: Pale-green skinned, spherical bubble-dome, silver iridescent or metal tights and knee or thigh length high heeled boots wearing woman or Retro scifi style robot (maybe finally giving us all some retro scifi robot parts?)

* Space Agency Moonbase: Orange or White suited Astronaut (could use the rad-suit scientist model from the Desert Crisis re-coloured) or big square A.I. computer with ominous glowing Red camera-eye

* Scifi Moonbase: Iron-age style armoured spacesuit (Perhaps using Warlords Helmet) or Giant Brain in a jar or energy being using the plasma-ball electricity effect from the 60's moonbase crime computer

* Luxery Penthouse: Butler

* Loft Penthouse: Personal Trainer in tracksuit

* Alchemist Sanctum: Golem made of Gold and Mercury

* Druidic Sanctum: Dryad, part tree part woman or Swan Maiden (From Celtic and Gaelic myth, a warrior-woman dressed in swan feathers who can transform into a swan and who trained most of the greatest warriors of Celtic and Gaelic legend! Very appropriate!)

* Mystic Sanctum: A floating Crystal Skull or Ghostly Wizard
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    nightclan27nightclan27 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If you have ideas to improve existing hideouts, post them here!

Existing Hideouts at this time:

Mom's Basement
    Tech Basement
    Vigilante Basement

Retro Sci-Fi Moon Base
    60's Mod Moon Base
    Space Agency Moon Base

Mystic Sanctum
    Druidic Sanctum
    Alchemist's Sanctum

Industrial Cave
    Hi-Tech Cave
    Primal Cave

Luxury Penthouse
    Loft Penthouse

If you have ideas for future hideout types, post them here: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1879248

If you have ideas for future functionality within hideouts, post them here: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1879260
    If we could pick from a selection of theme music, that would be fun feature.
  • Options
    kenbr2012kenbr2012 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My suggestion,as a ruge fan of Spider-man, is to add the free travel power of crwaling walls!
    Ninja Neko
    the ninja darkstalker
  • Options
    deathanfwdeathanfw Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It would be nice to have dummies were you could put ur outfits on....holographic for moonbases wooden mystic and so on idk
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I love my cave, but most of my characters are mystic and don't use weapons. In the display case, can we have an option for something like a mirror, gems, or maybe even an opening revealing the underside of another waterfall?

Or Just even blank--nothing in the cases.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Repurposed crafting room:
    Crime-lab room. Gives a simple daily mission that results in 1 free lockbox key per day when used.

After all only golds who get 1 free and silvers who have bought a hideout will get this. It should increase hideout sales significantly.

If we have to have the darn lockboxes this might be one way of lessening the anger about them and gives us a purpose for one of the unused rooms and allows us to use it for rping.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Repurposed crafting room:
    Crime-lab room. Gives a simple daily mission that results in 1 free lockbox key per day when used.

After all only golds who get 1 free and silvers who have bought a hideout will get this. It should increase hideout sales significantly.

If we have to have the darn lockboxes this might be one way of lessening the anger about them and gives us a purpose for one of the unused rooms and allows us to use it for rping.

yes, yes and yes.

Not only do we need to use those empty rooms in the hideouts, but now that we have lockboxes, and also crafting, we can use them and have a daily for them, and if we have a crafting room, give it a 20-30% boost with fusing.
  • Options
    john826john826 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe they should expand the areas of the bases some, like give a new room or two to the moonbase and cave or something... i don't know they seem so claustrophobic as they are.

On the moon base there are 2 rooms that are all ready full, one has a boxing ring an it looks so badass, but I cant get to it cuz the door doesnt open, but it looks like its just sitting there waiting to be used, I would use a boxing ring on the moon all day long!! why wont the door just open?!
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you have ideas to improve existing hideouts, post them here!

Existing Hideouts at this time:

Mom's Basement
    Tech Basement
    Vigilante Basement

Retro Sci-Fi Moon Base
    60's Mod Moon Base
    Space Agency Moon Base

Mystic Sanctum
    Druidic Sanctum
    Alchemist's Sanctum

Industrial Cave
    Hi-Tech Cave
    Primal Cave

Luxury Penthouse
    Loft Penthouse

If you have ideas for future hideout types, post them here: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1879248

If you have ideas for future functionality within hideouts, post them here: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1879260

This is a good idea.
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    laeaornyalaeaornya Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm pretty sure we're going to get them. Tumerboy indicated that they were gong to be separate instances rather than extensions of the map, though maybe if we make enough noise about it we may be able to convince Cryptic to do the latter instead. ;)

I just noticed those extra rooms myself in my basement hideout. I'm all for Cryptic opening them up. I mean, the penthouse hideouts are incredibly spacious compared to the basement hideouts. I'd love to see some more room opened up.
    nwo-banner_zpsa70beece.jpg
  • Options
    rpsgtrpsgt Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    I think that a warehouse option would work nicely. Especially seeing how many warehouses there are in Westside.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Allow colouring of the cauldron of stuff in Sanctum. As for my Vampire i'd like to make it red not green :)
  • Options
    zautharidazautharida Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I mostly care on when are we gonna get a Super Group Hideout.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When USS NeverGoingToHappen beams Tumerboy down back to us.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We need hideouts for middle class! Not everyone lives in a penthouse or a basement. :)
  • Options
    terrycottonterrycotton Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Moon Base: Please add an option to change the gravity from current to normal.
  • Options
    beautfldssonancebeautfldssonance Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Primal Cave: Make the crystals function as Platform Lights so we can change their colors, especially since there are no platforms in the Primal Cave.

"There is a point beyond which there is no return. That point must be reached." - Kafka

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Primal Cave: Make the crystals function as Platform Lights so we can change their colors, especially since there are no platforms in the Primal Cave.

Good call! I would very much like to be able to change those for some of my characters.
  • Options
    ktealkteal Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sooo...

Are SG bases anywhere on the horizon yet?

Or is more lockboxes and vehicles the extent of our ambition here?
  • Options
    aliyah9aliyah9 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Perhaps a suggest that can save some time would be to add a option for super group leaders to use their hideout as headquarters for their super group. this way members are added to the guest list to enter on join a SG. plus make the hideout set to be open even if the SG leader is off line. a upgraded hide should have the following as well

1) a vendor for selling or buying gear.

2) access to the a tailor for members

3) more rooms than the standard used in hideouts.

4) if a player switches from gold to silver the above staying in place.

5) to keep things for getting crazy perhaps making that a super group can only have one such hideout.
  • Options
    foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Didn't this thread use to be a sticky?

Anyway, I'm still waiting for middle-class condos and flats. :P