test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20140828.14 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is now live on PTS, 9/17/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20140828.13

Release Notes for FC.31.20140828.14:

Steel Crusade:

• Cislunar Mechanon mission is now repeatable in a 20 hour cooldown.

• Cislunar Mechanon mission rewards raised. Now gives 2000 Q and 4 Mechanon Coalition tokens.

• Mechanon Coalition store now checks to see if you have already unlocked a costume piece before letting you buy it.

• Added a cartoon kitty to the screen material options on the Junkbot TV heads. Thanks to Kaizerin!

• All the Steel Crusade costume unlocks are now account-wide.

• Renamed Mechanon Horn 02 to Mechanon Minion Horn.

• Mechanon's Bracers, Arms, and Minion Horns were not unlocking correctly. Fixed.

• Several Mechanon costume pieces were missing material options. Fixed.

• The Mechanon heads are no longer in the "Heads & Hairs" category.

• Mechanon Horn and Mechanon Minion Horn are now available both as Side Accessories and Top Accessories.

• Fixed various mirroring issues.

• Mechanon's shoulders now scale with the shoulder slider.

• Added glow to the fourth color channel on Mechanon's hands, feet, legs.

• The final cutscene on Cislunar Mechanon has been redone.

• The intro cutscene to Cislunar Mechanon now has subtitles.

Anniversary Event: Machanon:

• Added two more action figures to the Debugger.

• More fixes and updates to this event will arrive on PTS in the next few days.

Vehicle Weapon Systems

• Plasma Beam: the Plasma Shear debuff no longer reduces the target's resistance to Particle damage. Additionally, the damage Plasma Shear deals has been reduced.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    • More fixes and updates to this event will arrive on PTS in the next few days.

Good to see this. I want to see Mechanon really kick some butt.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    Vehicle Weapon Systems

• Plasma Beam: the Plasma Shear debuff no longer reduces the target's resistance to Particle damage. Additionally, the damage Plasma Shear deals has been reduced.

Could it be? Finally?
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,433 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You know people are going to complain that they can't burn down the Bleak Harbinger fast enough anymore?
    jimhsua wrote: »
    Could it be? Finally?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    You know people are going to complain that they can't burn down the Bleak Harbinger fast enough anymore?

Maybe ... just maybe properly specced characters (not vehicles) could actually play more than an incidental role in that fight? Hm... the implications...
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    considering just how bad pugs can do there, you bet they will. more nerfs at a time like this is a bad idea.

Suggestion: Reduce the amount of HP on the bleak harbinger in Lemurian invasion since it was designed for vehicle power levels before several rounds of nerfing.

Honestly, the fight wasn't that long before people abused Plasma Beam (back when Bleack Harbinger first came out). But when people started abusing it (after it was added as a Rampage), it was a complete joke. I don't think we need to adjust the HP.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    One possible consequence though from these changes is that plasma beam becomes pretty useless in non-group content. I think another way to go about these changes is to significantly up base plasma beam damage (by like 100%), cap dmg from stacks at 25, and leave in a reduced version of these proposed changes.
  • Options
    toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How does this:
    Anniversary Event: Machanon:

[*]More fixes and updates to this event will arrive on PTS in the next few days.

Correspond with:
    September 19th, 11am PDT: Pitiful fool! You thought that the great Dr. Destroyer could only muster roving bands of human-sized Destroids? You will learn your lesson at the hands of three Mega Destroids, attacking Champions HQ every hour on each map instance. If any heroes should somehow manage to destroy them, they can earn the powerful Back-Up! summons, resources, and more.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Additional Feedback: Module Beta access to lower level players. (dat lounge)

BUG: Contents of fish tank become invisible when approached.

BUG: Cislunar Mechanon cutscene: "Energy Spike..." overlaps with captain's lines.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Actually, a larger issue is that if you're going to add several minutes to the fight with the Harbringer by nerfing PB yet again, then the never-implemented promise ("we're aware that there's a problem!" - quote from a dev on the PTS thread that was made six months ago) to make chasing down the Exocet fighters far less tedious actually gets worked on and pushed.

The reason most players try to get the Harb done quickly is to avoid having to do 5 or 6 rounds of the Exocets, which take, give or take, 30-40 seconds at absolute best and 5+ minutes at worst for each time you have to go through that nonsense. That's an incredible waste of time doing something that can't be affected by player skill or a good build. It's the definition of a grind, and it's exactly what a Rampage shouldn't be.

That, and editing the ridiculous, repetitive 1:40 worth of cutscenes down to 15-20 seconds or so to put it in line with the other Rampages would be immense, easy to implement fixes.

LI would take very little work to improve significantly, which is why it's so irritating nothing has been done about it. Sky Command needs even more work, but the fixes required aren't as obvious or easy save for allowing the mission to finish up once you kill the Mega-D.

Edit: oh yeah, and while we're on the subject - you've been well aware for months of an exploit in F&I that is extremely aggravating to those of us who play by the rules. That's long overdue for a fix.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's going to slow down burning down the mega-destroid in SC as well, though that's not a huge deal. Have the scenario end when you burn it (instead of giving us 5 rank 1 mods and proceeding to the Black Talon Shooting Gallery) would make up for it.

Doing comparison -- identical vehicle (at least, for mods actually used), 25 stack shear
    PTS wrote:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plasma Shear deals 757 (909) Particle Damage to Mega-Terak.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plasma Shear deals 703 (843) Particle Damage to Mega-Terak.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plasma Shear deals 671 (805) Particle Damage to Mega-Terak.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plasma Shear deals 753 (904) Particle Damage to Mega-Terak.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plasma Shear deals 686 (823) Particle Damage to Mega-Terak.
    vs
    live wrote:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plasma Shear deals 1087 Particle Damage to Mega-Terak.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plasma Shear deals 1114 Particle Damage to Mega-Terak.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plasma Shear deals 1219 Particle Damage to Mega-Terak.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plasma Shear deals 1096 Particle Damage to Mega-Terak.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plasma Shear deals 1173 Particle Damage to Mega-Terak.
    Looks like around a 20% reduction in base effect, and hull scanner might not be working at all, mega-terak normally has +20% damage resist.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    It's going to slow down burning down the mega-destroid in SC

If you burn the mega-D in SC right now, you're wasting your time anyway - and will often lose the mission.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    BUG: Mechanon Arms do not have glow and the leather and metal textures are broken.

Bug: Mechanon Feet Accessory leather and metal textures are broken.

Suggestion: Add glow to the Junkbot Work Light 4th Color (the color of the light bulbs).

Suggestion: Have the Junkobot TV 1 and 2 head screens go off the 4th color and also add glow to the 4th color.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok, some of this is leftovers from the previous thread.

Zod: The unlock you were asking about. Was it this one?

155439k.jpg

if yes then that is the [Chest Layer: Project Clockwork].
    If no...<shrugs>
    Lordar wrote:
    Cislunar Mechanon mission is now repeatable in a 20 hour cooldown.
    I know this is a lil nitpicky but could we possibly get this adjusted to 18 hours since that would be easier on people's playtime windows? I mean, I know it's not 24(please never making anything 24 again since it just pushes the clock forward every night even if you're only a little bit late) but between CO/STO/NW I have to say it's my opinion that 18 is a nicer number.
    The Mechanon heads are no longer in the "Heads & Hairs" category.
    Why? IMO more options is more options. Let the players deal with the Clip-Fu Issues.

Clip-Fu: It's an Artform. :biggrin:
    Added glow to the fourth color channel on Mechanon's hands, feet, legs.
    Any time window on fixing the 4th color channel. I believe it's been broken longer than CN has been on the scene and it would be nice to have it fixed. Currently the color will not preview apply to the item until you select it and will select a color if you go out of the palette area by choosing the last color your mouse passed over. Thanks for the glow though.
    The final cutscene on Cislunar Mechanon has been redone.
    The intro cutscene to Cislunar Mechanon now has subtitles.

Any chance on CO getting skipable cutscenes like STO has? Or the repair of the "Cutscene Mouselock Bug" which was introduced with Whiteout Episode 2(Whiteout was originally introduced in episodes before being combined)? To clarify, if you are using the left and right mouse buttons to move when a cutscene triggers it will lock the mouse pointer in the middle of your screen until the cutscene completes. This is even if you tab out of the game.
    Plasma Beam: the Plasma Shear debuff no longer reduces the target's resistance to Particle damage. Additionally, the damage Plasma Shear deals has been reduced.
    Excellent news. I look forward to testing this. Thank you.
    Alotta stuff.
    1. I agree about the Exojets...maybe reduce their flight speed?
    2. As for the cutscenes...yes. STO has a mission called Coliseum that actually has the announcer speak while the mission is occurring vs. it's own dedicated cutscene which saves time and improves flow. Also, the similarities between this and Forum Malvanum should also be mentioned because, IMO, Coliseum did alot right that Forum Malvanum did not.
    3. While we're improving LI...how about putting in the comic panels and other cool stuff at the end that is sitting in the live files yet never made it? Please?

Ok, I'll add more once I've had time to go over things.

P.S. While we're chatting here, Lordgar, could you please start giving us rough estimate timetables(if you have to extend them beyond that then that's cool..just a rough guestimate) so the testers can properly manage time between the "possible" and the "it's too late, brace for impact" stages? Also, the occasional reply to a subject that springs up in these threads with a, "We could look into that and maybe get it out in time with this" vs. something like,"Yeah, that's so not gonna happen this time. Perhaps somewhere way off in the future...maybe" so there are more realistic expectations and focus? Again, please. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    If you burn the mega-D in SC right now, you're wasting your time anyway - and will often lose the mission.
    Huh? I've never seen the mega-D not burned down. Just make sure you drag it far enough that it doesn't destroyer-wave the cooler.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, the def pen on the hull scanners doesn't work, never did; tested this many, many times.

XS
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    aurasonic12aurasonic12 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Do i really have to say how bad of an idea this is?
    remove the debuff to resistance yes that i'm fine (tbh i didn't even knew that existed on it) but keep the damage there its already been nerfed once and outside this anniversary event there are really only three places for this.

1) Ironclad and Drogan lar in the forum malvanum

2) bleak harbinger in Lemurian invasion

3 )when cosmics spawn

Why these two locations? Well iron clad and drogan lar is an easy one to understand you need massive amounts of dps or a backup device to even stand a chance of taking them down vehicles just make it a bit easier on this round. Lemurian invasion on the other hand there are really only two parts that i see plasma beam being used. The !st is when you are saving the mayor and the 2nd is against the harbinger itself everyone usually sticks to gravity pulse or incendiary rounds for the lesser guys. Even then you are lucky to even get a vehicle or two in a PUG in Lemurian Invasion plasma beam with one vehicle doesn't simply do enough damage at the moment. Cosmics are special everyone wants to kill that specific cosmic for a rare drop or to farm resources so they usually need a team of people to melt him down fast. There is only one thing that comes to mind when i ever needed to melt something with a group of people and that was plasma beam.

But if you do have to push this to live i do have a suggestion make it so that the plasma beam is temporarly nerfed then restore plasma beam back to what it was before the event. that way the mega d's don't become super squishy and you can still Nuke the Harbinger at the same time
  • Options
    wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    soulforger wrote: »
    BUG: Mechanon Arms do not have glow and the leather and metal textures are broken.

Bug: Mechanon Feet Accessory leather and metal textures are broken.

Can confirm these two bugs myself.

Still, awesome job on fixing the costume pieces, as well as the rewards for Cislunar Mechanon; Should cut down the grind for these things a good amount.

Still, got a few little bugs and suggestions to present:

*BUG: There are two separate objects that unlock the "Mechanon vs Destroyer" lore topic: The Sunken Computer in "Waste Transmission", and the Destroid Head floating in Cislunar Mechanon. However, there is nothing that unlocks the "Mechanon Data: Greatest Foes" topic that I have yet to find anywhere. I'm assuming that one of these items were meant to unlock it, but both got tagged for the vs Destroyer unlock.

*Suggestion: Would it be possible to add Beast Leg variants for the Mechanon Robot Legs and its related accessories? Mechanon's Mk. 37 Body had a noticeable digitigrade stance to it, as seen here. Would be kinda cool if we could get a similar look

*Suggestion: It might be a good idea to add "Mechanon Hips" as an option, in order to complete the look of the Mechanon Robot Legs.

*Suggestion: In addition to the above mentioned costume piece, the actual Mechanon Torso and respective "Chest Gear" (seen clearly here) should be added as well.
    Proud player of both CO and STO!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well after reading a bit of this discussion and following convos in rampagers and trade...
    • The adjustment to plasma beam is causing quite a reaction.
    • "Fixing" plasma beam in this way requires other adjustments, specifically to two fights: FM's Ironclad and Duratok, and LI's bleak harbinger (the exocets, specifically).
    • BUG: Damage reduction from hull scanners is still not working (tested, and this is not a new problem).
    • Making sweeping changes like this a few days before the event is most likely unnecessarily hasty, because of the above.

Please address the above. There is little time remaining.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It seems the real issue is that these boss fights are boring.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Just tossing this out there....

1. Fix the timer on Duraclad?
    2. Slow down the Exojets?
    3. Of course there will be reactions...it's hitting more than 2 buttons now(PB and RELOAD). :wink:

Oh and Gradii "intended" is an interesting word choice I had to touch upon very briefly. According to various forum posts from TT and such(which I am presently entirely too lazy to look up and link here and freely admit that) things like LI and FM are "Vehicle Optional." Unless Lordgar swoops in and point blank says,"Hey, our intentions when Team Lordgar made this was...." we're all guessing in the dark here. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Oh, on another note on issues that were placed at lower priority and not addressed during this update:

On a level 30:

Liberated Mega-destroid deals 108875 (114426) Particle Damage to you with Destroyer Blast.

Perfectly fine, because no level 30 is going to draw aggro unless they do something very dumb like pop one of their shiny new backups.

However, this is not fine:

Liberated Mega-destroid deals 106590 (112025) Particle Damage to you with an unknown ability.

That's the AOE attack. On the ground. Outside of a vehicle. (In one, it did only 35k damage).

If you're trying to encourage those new and returning players to stick around, I suspect this will not help. And yes, those who have a clue (which will not be many) can sidekick up, but that rather misses the point of all this.
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1) Ironclad and Drogan lar in the forum malvanum

3 )when cosmics spawn

...Ironclad IS Drogan Lar.. you mean Ironclad and Duratok.

And those vehicles burning Cosmics like crazy have been the BANE OF MY EXISTENCE! Seriously. You never needed them before On Alert. A group of 40s could deal with every cosmic rather easily. Vehicles have just cut their time spawned down to about 2-3 minutes compared to when they stayed for 10ish. I hate that people bring their supahpowered vehicles to Kigatilik and bar me from getting the perk for his defeat because of their massive Damage output. It's dumb. Its excessive. AND I HATE IT.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Looks like around a 20% reduction

Actually, by using the Mega-Terak as your example and doing so solo, you skew down the numbers significantly and wildly miss much of the DPS impact, as the nerf varies considerably by target's base resistance as well as the additive impact of the DR-reduced shear stacks.

On something like Kiga with a 16% base, it's about 18%.

On a resistance Mega-D with 42% base, the impact is closer to 50%.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    BUG: Invading destroids are still around. Drifter still isn't interested in granting a mission.

BUG: Dr. D now babbles more times than just the top of the hour.

BUG: The damage penetration of Enemy Hull Scanners is completely broken and does not have any effect on any weapons.

I'd post test strips on this last point having run test the right way (running a test with scanners on the vehicle versus removing them completely) but it seems unnecessary.

Oh, and by the way - scanners did work briefly post-nerf, then did work under certain circumstances at times.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    When Lemurian Invasion first came out, before people realized that Plasma Beam could be abused so badly, before people started "Looking for group for X alert, Plasma Beam or GTFO" people were doing those alerts just fine. Did it take long? Maybe, sometimes, but that's just how the thing was designed.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Actually, by using the Mega-Terak as your example and doing so solo, you skew down the numbers significantly and wildly miss much of the DPS impact
    That's just you misunderstanding what I was saying. It's about a 20% base damage reduction.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,093 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    Testing is proving difficult due to the constant SNR messages and disconnects. However, it barely looks like they touched Sheer's damage. Sheer will still remain the number one damage option, which should not be the case. The effect needs a 60-80% reduction in damage to bring it down to player powers.

Also, what were the circumstances that brought on the 100k+ hits from the mega d's?
    I let two womp on me for a few minutes and never got anything beyond a 24k base.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    It's about a 20% base damage reduction.

This is also incorrect.

I was fortunate enough to run some extended tests on PB and vehicles pre-nerf earlier in the day. I'll be posting the results and implications of this elsewhere shortly.

Pre-nerf, base damage, using a multiple hundred line CSV file to actually pull real numbers out of a real file into a spreadsheet to do work on them:

1257.298 sheer

Post-nerf, same method, same vehicle, same encounter.

1090.98 sheer

While there's likely a little variance based on dropping stacks once or twice despite my efforts along with potentially not having 3 stacks of AA missiles up at all times, this ends up at 13%. However, it felt closer to 15%, and there was a way to confirm this.

Taking a sample of the top 50 non-crit hits under both encounters, it showed a 15.5% reduction to base damage.

Post nerf: 1279.427
    Pre nerf: 1514.621

So, yes, I'd say 15% is a number that is supported by data versus guessing.
    kaizerin wrote:
    Also, what were the circumstances that brought on the 100k+ hits from the mega d's? I let two womp on me for a few minutes and never got anything beyond a 24k base.

Did you use the debugger to set your level to 30?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Sounds like the level vs level tables are messed up for lower level vs 60s. 24k still has a good chance to one-shot people on the scene, though, so either the event should be clearly labeled 'level 40 only' or stuff should be skull-level (which would require significant changes to make it challenging, since skull-level is effectively level 40).
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Sounds like the level vs level tables are messed up for lower level vs 60s

Before you start making more suggestions based on more inaccurate guesses, might want to do some work on the DPS hit to and damage increase received when there are substantial level gaps - because the damage increase/decrease is massive across the spectrum if there's a level gap, not just for 30s versus 60s.

Nor should an all-zone event be limited to 40s. Or FFs. Or vehicles. Or non-vehicles. Ever.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Before you start making more suggestions based on more inaccurate guesses, might want to do some work on the DPS hit to and damage increase received when there are substantial level gaps - because the damage increase/decrease is massive across the spectrum if there's a level gap, not just for 30s versus 60s.
    It's substantial, but 20 vs 40 was something like -40% when I tested, which is not a giant deal, and going up by a factor of 4 for hitting a 30 instead of 40 seems off.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    It's substantial, but 20 vs 40 was something like -40% when I tested

Then perhaps you could test with a 10 versus a cosmic 40 rather than having other folks spend time doing so for you.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    If vehicle damage was brought down to player levels a lot of other things would need to change too.

Vehicles would need to be able to block.
    Vehicles can block if you pick up the Hyperkinetic Dampening System, right?
    Vehicles would need the same survival as a player (even most vehicle tanks don't have the survival of player tank role characters)
    Comparing to "Tank Role" when not everyone in CO uses Tank Role on their toons?
    Vehicles would need some of the restrictions on ammo and reloading lifted to keep their attack capability on level with a player.
    Why bring the attack capability in line with superheroes when it's possible(and easy) for the DPS to be higher from the vehicles? Also, Quick Reload.
    Vehicles would pretty much need to do everything a player can exactly.
    1. Would that be FF players? AT players? Min/Maxers? Good Players? Bad Players?
    2. I just completely disagree with this to be honest. Vehicles are an option. If you want anything to be on par with a FF....it's likely an AT and we saw how those turned out last time.
    The REASON why vehicles can't block etc.. is because they are SUPPOSED to be different from characters, inferior in some ways superior in others.

take away the strengths of vehicles, and no one wants them anymore unless you get rid of the weaknesses as well.
    They're supposed to have superior DPS to heroes in a superhero game? As I recall the only real acknowledged "Superior" for vehicle design is the speed, right?
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Nor should an all-zone event be limited to 40s. Or FFs. Or vehicles. Or non-vehicles. Ever.
    Then perhaps you could test with a 10 versus a cosmic 40 rather than having other folks spend time doing so for you.

They're level 60, and you want him to test as a level 10? I know it's a zone event but having world bosses that are a higher level than the highest level kind of insists that you don't bring your level 10 aboard. An event like this should be scaled to the level base that has the largest chance of completing the event - the 40s - rather than anything below. Sure, bring your 30, get some rewards, but don't expect to place in the top five. Balancing this event for level 30s will make it stupid-easy (easier) for the volleys of 40s that are going to be there.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    BUG: Action Figure 139 Mechanon Spider should be a different number since there is already an Action Figure 139 Junkbot.

Shouldn't Mechanon Spider be #141 since its under #140 Liberated Mega-Destroid in the list? Can you guys confirm that 138 is the Mechanon 5k perk to be sure of this?
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Oh, you were underlevel. Missed that.
    I suggest sidekicking to 40 when fighting level 60's.

The Destroids have been 60 since their introduction years ago. While it is off that they were introduced at such a high level, this isn't new. Telling people to try underlevels against them to test output is trivial. Let's rear back onto more topical discussions.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,919 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Suggestion: [Henchman: Reprogrammed Mechranium] and [Henchman: Reprogrammed Spider Unit] to be Permanent sidekicks,or make all sidekicks Permanent
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    BUG: All Mechanon head types are not working in the tailors.

You can select them but when you apply they revert to head. They only show up in the search. The work around for this is that you have to switch the head to Full Helmets.

Shouldn't Mechanon horns also work for Side Accessory?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    cryneting wrote: »
    Suggestion: [Henchman: Reprogrammed Mechranium] and [Henchman: Reprogrammed Spider Unit] to be Permanent sidekicks,or make all sidekicks Permanent

Yes please! Heck, give them a unique cooldown where each one has a 1 hour use every 24 hours. I'd buy ALL the Z Store Sidekicks then!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    They're level 60, and you want him to test as a level 10?

Reread this part:
    a 10 versus a cosmic 40

If he can actually provide robust numbers on what a 30 level gap looks like using a level 10 against a cosmic 40, that would narrow down whether a 4x increase between level 30 and 40 is a bug and help the game. I'd normally do so myself, but I've already spent more hours tracking down bugs and double checking math this week than I have playing, and think it's a fair request to have the player stating a fact to do the work to check it.

Never said the event shouldn't be geared towards 40s, nor did I say that a 30 should place in the top 5. However, an insta kill AOE that blocking against won't keep you alive and that gets repeated 4-5 times a minute is just really, really poor design for an allzone.
    kaiserin wrote:
    Telling people to try underlevels against them to test output is trivial.

Output? Hardly. A demonstration of zero chance of survivability for a 30 against the AOE attack that needs to be fixed to hit the air in an allzone event? Yeah, that's quite relevant, since it is tied into how most folks who are in that ideal world of yours - burn the vehicles that you despise! - won't have have 70% resistance and thus stand a good chance of getting wiped with an insta kill too. That'll happen even if they're 40, be it sidekicked or earned. An extremely topical discussion, and I'd dare say a whole lot more so than most of what's been allowed to fester on PTS threads recently.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    cryneting wrote: »

Yep, I want a permanent sidekick that either gives me ~250 dps or better yet, is massively bugged and gives me 60 dps when it actually works. Too bad that latter bug didn't get reported so it could be appropriately prioritized before the event started...oh wait...
  • Options
    edited September 2014

If you have a problem with the Destroids being 60, say you have a problem with it. That's a valid concern.

However consuming this pts thread with lengthy posts regarding it is borderline thread derailment. It's trivial to tell people to test sub 40 performance against level 60's. We get it, they're going to perform poorly. This isn't new nor does it need lengthy posts and paragraphs of evidence.

This event has been ongoing for...2 years now? No changes have been made to how hard the destroids hit or what attacks they use. Players were fine the past 2 years, usually teaming up to sk to 40, they'll probably be fine this year too.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bug: Mechanon Recognition Items remain in inventory after automatically unlocking
    What: Unlocked Items should disappear from inventory, they currently do not.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,919 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep, I want a permanent sidekick that either gives me ~250 dps or better yet, is massively bugged and gives me 60 dps when it actually works. Too bad that latter bug didn't get reported so it could be appropriately prioritized before the event started...oh wait...

Excaly, we NEED Permanent sidekicks its something the Dev's need to look at from our replays and do think: Yeah we can do that.
    Psi.