test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Uncomfortable Design

r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
edited February 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
At first i want to say the "Forum" does not refer to Champions enough in a "desing point of view"... what i mean is Champions is a colorful game wich has a wide variety of things to do and to see.. while the forums look just Grey and depressing.

I usually like simpe designs but this one dosent fit Champions Online.

And then there is one thing that makes atleast me feel uncomfortable:

I myself use the Cryptic Launcher for this game and im perfectly happy with it...

Now when i type in Google "Champions online" i get to co.perfectworld.com CO Mainpage where i can login perfectly fine as usual.. now when i check on co.perfectworld.com CO Mainpage there is my username in the login information...

then i browse to forums and my name is there too.. everything okay like before...

But the Forum Page has a Link that says:

> Enter Official Site

And that one leads to the ARC website.. not to co.perfectworld.com CO Mainpage neither to http://www.perfectworld.com/ (( wich was or is the official site ))

So is this intended to be like this?
Are we meant to be lead to ARC website instead of Perfect World Main Page?

If so.. why??? for peopel who do not like to use Arc it is bad to be redirected at there :(

This thread is not meant to be a rant, i just feel somehow pushed to ARC website.

Below i post an image of how i experience visitng champions site now:

browsing_experience1_by_r9xchaos-d7565gx.jpg

Click here to enlarge image!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    r9xchaos has some questions:

So is this intended to be like this?
    Are we meant to be lead to ARC website instead of Perfect World Main Page?

Very likely so.
    If so.. why??? for peopel who do not like to use Arc it is bad to be redirected at there :(

They want everyone to use Arc, because it provides their advertising and uses cookies to collect info on you. They couldn't care less if you don't like it.
    This thread is not meant to be a rant, i just feel somehow pushed to ARC website.

It's a legitimate feeling, since that's exactly what they're doing. Eventually, Arc will be the only way to get into the game. By design.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And the forum needs some Champions orange/yellow color in it. Black, dark grey, a bit lighter grey. Oh there's white. And all this blends to a dark and dull. Boring allover look.
    Heck, i'm finnish, we're allready depressed enough.
    You can't really separate different thread sections of others.
    Needs BIGGER Champions Online Icon.
    Just gives a feel that you really don't want to spend time at the forum.
    But hey, it's beta. So maybe someone will put some colors and functions on it.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    whats wrong with Windows basic blue/grey colour scheme?

Thats what this is
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vBulletin comes with the ability to have a multiple of looks, offering the users a choice of templates. But it probably costs something so we'll never see it.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And the forum needs some Champions orange/yellow color in it. Black, dark grey, a bit lighter grey. Oh there's white. And all this blends to a dark and dull. Boring allover look.
    Heck, i'm finnish, we're allready depressed enough.
    You can't really separate different thread sections of others.
    Needs BIGGER Champions Online Icon.
    Just gives a feel that you really don't want to spend time at the forum.
    But hey, it's beta. So maybe someone will put some colors and functions on it.

Or they'll run into 'tech issues' and just leave it like this til the next big idea to push people to play their other games will come around then the CO forums will once again fill its role as a test subject.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Clearly there's not enough red and black for CO. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The new forum color scheme is terrible.

Was it picked by the Neutral Empire?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Okay I get it now. At first I was like "Why does it look like Star Trek", but that's wrong, because I think Star Trek would have some yellow in it cause of the fleet insignia.

It looks like Defender in here. y...yay ._.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree completely that the color scheme is very dreary.. its winter and mostly grey outside, if i want to see that I'll look out my window. The unread posts look too similar to the read ones at a glance (yes they are bold, but the same color is no bueno imo) and its way to grim dark feeling for a game environment that's full of color and vibrancy. On my window I don't even see the champs logo, the forums box covers it and the only trace of the cityscape from the get go, so it feels like they are ashamed to admit its a Champions Online forum heh...

Lets see that comic book vibe in here!!!
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Kind of looks like Steam. I like Steam too, but I'm on CO's page right now. Not Steam.

I've mentioned the sterile look to the ARC stuff when they asked our opinion on the beta site. And once again somewhere else. I suspect that what we think doesn't matter since they're just going ahead with the icky colors anyway. Why they even made a thread asking our opinion, I have no idea.

Welcome to ARC. If you aren't depressed now, you soon will be.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2014
    They want everyone to use Arc, because it provides their advertising --

Erm... where do you see any advertising in the Arc client, except for other PWE/Cryptic games?
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Would be nice if the "Enter Official Site" at least led to the Champions page on the Arc website instead of the front page of Arc.

I'm not a big fan of the look either, though I can understand the thought process of having a unified look for the PWE brand. But I would rather see the individual game sites to show some flavor of their games by looking similar to the UI design of the games. This current look is a bit too sterile.

At the very least, it'd be nice if we had some skins to choose from for how Arc and the websites look.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They want everyone to use Arc, because it provides their advertising and uses cookies to collect info on you. They couldn't care less if you don't like it.
    Erm... where do you see any advertising in the Arc client, except for other PWE/Cryptic games?

I guess we know where this week's Order of the Tin Foil Hat medal goes to :D
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!?!!? THIS CONFUSES CALIGA! CALIGA NOT LIKE! MY HEAD FEELS FUNNY!!!

*hides under the blanket*
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you are taking suggestions, I think the new look is a bit...gloomy. These ARC colors don't work well with CO's mood.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would say why not bring the Blue back
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2014
    I actually like this new design. Kinda.

Well, colours could be more lighter and vibrant, but otherwise it's a nice, streamlined design, good for eyes.
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I actually like this new design. Kinda.

Well, colours could be more lighter and vibrant, but otherwise it's a nice, streamlined design, good for eyes.

It just doesn't look "Champions", and feels completely unnecessary to have even been done.

What was wrong with the format we'd had from the very beginning? Whatever happened to "if it ain't broke don't fix it"?
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2014
    It just doesn't look "Champions", and feels completely unnecessary to have even been done.

What was wrong with the format we'd had from the very beginning? Whatever happened to "if it ain't broke don't fix it"?

But it looks very Arc and that was probably the reason. To streamline every PWE game under one hood.

I suppose, sooner or later, all PWE games will get the same forum facelift.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    But it looks very Arc and that was probably the reason. To streamline every PWE game under one hood.

I suppose, sooner or later, all PWE games will get the same forum facelift.

Ever notice how quick to want to hide/forget CO when it comes to promoting their games, and yet remember CO when it comes to slap this annoying type of crap on us first?

Hell.. why is it STO isn't forced into being one tone colour? PW hate us, and cryptic probabaly does too.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like the new look >_>
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Champions was just assimilated :(

and the new design makes this with my head:

tumblr_m79u1zX4Tk1r4p4hjo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yes. It's very 'Streamlined'. I bet next Champions "update" is 'Champions Online: Streamlined'. Because CO has so many things 'Streamlined' so far.
    But hey, good thing is i don't hang in the forums as much now. :wink:
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I admit its alot more open spaced. But the gray background makes the white text harder to see compared to the former black background.

Will we be seeing an option to change background color?
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,748 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Will we be seeing an option to change background color?

Yeah seen this on other boards, and its a cool option. Would be great to be allowed to pick from a set of colors or designs for the background.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    At first it bugged me, and now I no longer care. Well done.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When I see comments about how the new design could actually depress people, I scratch my head and go "Really?". You're going to let yourself get depressed by something this trivial? I get that there are people who don't like the new color scheme but that seems like making a mountain out of an ant hill.

The forums still function as they always have at the very least. Personally I'm indifferent to the change.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jennymachx wrote: »
    When I see comments about how the new design could actually depress people, I scratch my head and go "Really?". You're going to let yourself get depressed by something this trivial? I get that there are people who don't like the new color scheme but that seems like making a mountain out of an ant hill.

The forums still function as they always have at the very least. Personally I'm indifferent to the change.

I don't mean that I'm actually depressed by the colors.. but it portrays nothing similar to the feel of the game itself, which is far more colorful. Most other game forums are in design an extension of the game it's about. Making this specific one look dark and dull in comparison sends the wrong image for the game.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    I don't mean that I'm actually depressed by the colors.. but it portrays nothing similar to the feel of the game itself, which is far more colorful. Most other game forums are in design an extension of the game it's about. Making this specific one look dark and dull in comparison sends the wrong image for the game.

Plus... colour can actually have a mental effect on people.. paint your bedroom walls/ceiling pitch black. keep it that way for a while. enjoy.

As well as the damn fact that STO doesn't seem to have to suffer this crap. They atleast have two diff font colours. and in overall the layout is easy on the eyes.. same layout as this... but the colouring doesn't ****ing frustrate me as much as CO forum does..
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Did anything change? I don't feel any difference between before and after.
    20120907162820563.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Dress the "new improved" one in black/dark grey costume. After that you're either color blind or notice the difference. But if you're actually color blind, then you didn't notice anything at the beginning with.
    But then again, that may be just me.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »

The "image" of the game is presented by the main web page (which is still pretty colorful and appealing to the eye), the information given on that page and it is also gotten from actual gameplay experience. If someone comes to the conclusion that a message board layout is actually enough to potray what the game is about and nothing else then that's an entirely different issue altogether.

To say that a forum layout is actually being able to drive away players is just stretching it.
    skcark wrote: »
    Plus... colour can actually have a mental effect on people.. paint your bedroom walls/ceiling pitch black. keep it that way for a while. enjoy.

As well as the damn fact that STO doesn't seem to have to suffer this crap. They atleast have two diff font colours. and in overall the layout is easy on the eyes.. same layout as this... but the colouring doesn't ****ing frustrate me as much as CO forum does..

You want frustrating? Try a color scheme for both neon lime green and magenta.

I see nothing about this new layout that's making stuff hard to read at all.

A bedroom with pitch black walls is different since a paint job is meant to last and applying a new one takes a lot of work so you're pretty much left to stare at the gloom a whole lot if you spent a lot of time in it. The same goes for a dark cloudy sky, except that you can't change it at will. On a PC however you can switch to something else, like a colorful wallpaper, videos, images, whatever whenever you want at a click of a button.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    http://games.arcgames.com/en/prod/champions-online

That eye sore will likely end up being the future of the CO website. Because PW can't take a hint about those other games.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The "image" of the game is presented by the main web page (which is still pretty colorful and appealing to the eye), the information given on that page and it is also gotten from actual gameplay experience. If someone comes to the conclusion that a message board layout is actually enough to potray what the game is about and nothing else then that's an entirely different issue altogether.

To say that a forum layout is actually being able to drive away players is just stretching it.

You want frustrating? Try a color scheme for both neon lime green and magenta.

I see nothing about this new layout that's making stuff hard to read at all.

A bedroom with pitch black walls is different since a paint job is meant to last and applying a new one takes a lot of work so you're pretty much left to stare at the gloom a whole lot if you spent a lot of time in it. The same goes for a dark cloudy sky, except that you can't change it at will. On a PC however you can switch to something else, like a colorful wallpaper, videos, images, whatever whenever you want at a click of a button.

And i don't see why some people have special need for school work to be printed on blue paper. Yet it's still affecting them kids regardless of whether i see the same way they do..

Of course people can just change to a different webpage at a single click. That wasn't my point. It was that colour schemes etc can have an effect. But hey.. maybe PW knew that and want people to click away from CO more

As for this suggestion of lime green/magenta... I haven't tried it. But if it as bad.. i don't need. I was comfortable with the previous colour scheme.. just because it's not lime green/magenta doesn't mean i can't dislike this dull layout currently.. It's like being shot in the chest, and saying "well you think being shot in the chest is bad... try being shot in the head" No thanks, don't need to be shot again to know i won't like it
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Of course people can just change to a different webpage at a single click. That wasn't my point. It was that colour schemes etc can have an effect. But hey.. maybe PW knew that and want people to click away from CO more

If your point was actually to say that PW's intention is to drive people away from CO with their choice of layout colors, you need to remove that tinfoil hat already.

The kind of extremities being described about how people can be affected by the layout colors are really coming across as slippery slopes.
    As for this suggestion of lime green/magenta... I haven't tried it. But if it as bad.. i don't need. I was comfortable with the previous colour scheme.. just because it's not lime green/magenta doesn't mean i can't dislike this dull layout currently.. It's like being shot in the chest, and saying "well you think being shot in the chest is bad... try being shot in the head" No thanks, don't need to be shot again to know i won't like it

I was only putting things in perspective. Try reading white text on a background using either of those colors and let me know how that works out.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If your point was actually to say that PW's intention is to drive people away from CO with their choice of layout colors, you need to remove that tinfoil hat already.

The kind of extremities being described about how people can be affected by the layout colors are really coming across as slippery slopes.

I was only putting things in perspective. Try reading white text on a background using either of those colors and let me know how that works out.

My whole point was not to just dismiss other people's concern about the colours just because it doesn't bother you.

as for the PW driving poeple away from CO.. that was simply just my usual jab at them. If it just so happens that every time CO gets crusts while other games get the bread, they have only themselves to blame for looking like they hate CO.

I'm not going to bother with white text on limegreen background, i don't need to. It won't make this current design any more likeable. I just don't see the big deal in this "I can see it all fine, so there isn't an issue" debate
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    My whole point was not to just dismiss other people's concern about the colours just because it doesn't bother you.

If the complaints were about...

- The accessibility of the forums being changed in any way (It hasn't).

- The different categories on the forum main page being rearranged (They haven't).

- The method of logging into an account changing and/or becoming more tedious (It hasn't).

- The forum text being so hard to read that it forces squinting or hurts the eyes (It's not, unless your system text is absurdly small).

...then these would have been solid reasons to complain about the changes, because those would require forced-readjusting of how we're used to browsing the forums (like during the PWE acquisition)....

...or if the current colors are actually causing eye strains. I doubt that white text against a dark shade of grey mixed with black is going to do that.

So ultimately, overall accessibility of the forums has not changed one bit. Complaints about how the colors actually depress people have nothing to do with accessibility and come across as just petty and alarmist. An inherently-negative person who chooses to magnify something as trivial as a harmless color change as something so horrible that adapting is impossible doesn't mean that there's an actual problem with the new layout.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If the complaints were about...

- The accessibility of the forums being changed in any way (It hasn't).

- The different categories on the forum main page being rearranged (They haven't).

- The method of logging into an account changing and/or becoming more tedious (It hasn't).

- The forum text being so hard to read that it forces squinting or hurts the eyes (It's not, unless your system text is absurdly small).

...then these would have been solid reasons to complain about the changes, because those would require forced-readjusting of how we're used to browsing the forums (like during the PWE acquisition)....

...or if the current colors are actually causing eye strains. I doubt that white text against a dark shade of grey mixed with black is going to do that.

So ultimately, overall accessibility of the forums has not changed one bit. Complaints about how the colors actually depress people have nothing to do with accessibility and come across as just petty and alarmist. An inherently-negative person who chooses to magnify something as trivial as a harmless color change as something so horrible that adapting is impossible doesn't mean that there's an actual problem with the new layout.

Never once said it causes depression... there are a tonne of things i know that cause depression, i'd know. But i never said this to be one such thing.

Good to know i'm apparently an inherently negative person because of this layout change gives me a headache if i use the forums for too long at once.
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree with Jenny in that I don't think people will quit over it.

That being said it looks dreary as hell.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Never once said it causes depression... there are a tonne of things i know that cause depression, i'd know. But i never said this to be one such thing.

Then exactly what sort of "mental effect" were you implying when you said the following earlier?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is this the forum for Dark Champions Online? :wink:

DarkChampionsCover.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Then exactly what sort of "mental effect" were you implying when you said the following earlier?

I guess a simple way to explain is going back to as you called it.. "extreme slipppery slope" where some people who have visual problems need blue paper to be able to read the same way as normal people do on white paper.. sure... blue paper isn't much and yet it can change the outcome there.

maybe "mental effect" is the wrong word, maybe a better word to explain is "the stuff swirling in your head effect" or whatever word appropriate here..

the only person mentioned depression i saw was jax or something. to whom i was simply adding my 5 cents that colouring can have effects on people. effects doesn't always hhave to equate to the point of wanting to fire a bullet in your skull.

And they way you were saying the layouts fine because it's fine for you, just seemed like lacked perspective that not everyone has the same visual sharpness/tolerances etc.
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    PW always gets it's way. I don't think the font color was specifically chosen to "hurt" anyone. It's not our board. Never has been. They say move and we move. No slippery slope, we've had plenty of forum bumps thank ya kindly.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I guess a simple way to explain is going back to as you called it.. "extreme slipppery slope" where some people who have visual problems need blue paper to be able to read the same way as normal people do on white paper.. sure... blue paper isn't much and yet it can change the outcome there.
    And they way you were saying the layouts fine because it's fine for you, just seemed like lacked perspective that not everyone has the same visual sharpness/tolerances etc.

If it solely has to do with visual impairment, then I don't think it's fair to criticize a company for choosing a certain color design for its website regardless of the function for not accommodating to every possible form of visual impairment out there.

The point I was addressing has nothing to do with visual impairment anyway, but the claims of how it supposedly affects a person's mood to such a strong negative effect. If there are people out there who actually have trouble seeing white text on a dark grey background and possibly get headaches from that then I sympathize. They could have the option for different color schemes but I don't know if they'll bother. The alternative is to use a browser like Firefox that can override text/background color settings.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    As i said its 2 things bugging me, at first that we are again forced to deal with it and that also counts for the terrible color design...

and that it says "Official site" but its leading to ARC and not to Perfect World ( official ) or CO ( Co.Official ).

Why do people always come to threads and say "deal with it" ? ( or similar ).

that attitude feels so wrong.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    As i said its 2 things bugging me, at first that we are again forced to deal with it and that also counts for the terrible color design...

and that it says "Official site" but its leading to ARC and not to Perfect World ( official ) or CO ( Co.Official ).

Why do people always come to threads and say "deal with it" ? ( or similar ).

that attitude feels so wrong.

You could always use a bookmark to access CO's official site.

If the grey and black really bothers you that much then I'd suggest changing your browser color settings until PWE / Cryptic decides to have a setting for different color schemes.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If it solely has to do with visual impairment, then I don't think it's fair to criticize a company for choosing a certain color design for its website regardless of the function for not accommodating to every possible form of visual impairment out there.

The point I was addressing has nothing to do with visual impairment anyway, but the claims of how it supposedly affects a person's mood to such a strong negative effect. If there are people out there who actually have trouble seeing white text on a dark grey background and possibly get headaches from that then I sympathize. They could have the option for different color schemes but I don't know if they'll bother. The alternative is to use a browser like Firefox that can override text/background color settings.

My original post wasn't even criticising PW i threw my criticism of them in afterward.

And if PW really want me to stop criticising them then they can fix that by not always looking like they regard CO as the black sheep of the family.. CO just got a lazy make everything dark and one colour font.. STO already has 2 sets of font colours and doesn't induce headaches when reading. So i made a jab at PW regarding that while not specifying it outright.

I was simply making a comment to lend some support to another post that while not always extreme to the power of cosmic levels.. the colour layouts can be hindering for some, which is why there's the expression "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". But i guess my support is invalid because it's bias when i'm saying it for my own sake of the forum being uncomfortable for me to look at for too long now.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You could always use a bookmark to access CO's official site.

If the grey and black really bothers you that much then I'd suggest changing your browser color settings until PWE / Cryptic decides to have a setting for different color schemes.

I understand what you want so say, but i hope they make the forum looks more "champions style". Is that wrong?

And for Bookmark, well i know that but other people are maybe mislead by that link.. they have to figure out that THIS http://www.perfectworld.com/ is the official website... not this: http://www.arcgames.com/en/

One reason why i want to go to PWE official site is actually when i go to perfect world official website i can perfectly fine buy ZEN and charge it into my account... but when i try that with ARC it says i dont have any game in the CART?! And thats only one of the reasons why it buggs me ...

Try it yourself.. scroll up and try to go to perfect world website "without typing the link into your browser adress field" ...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    I understand what you want so say, but i hope they make the forum looks more "champions style". Is that wrong?

And for Bookmark, well i know that but other people are maybe mislead by that link.. they have to figure out that THIS http://www.perfectworld.com/ is the official website... not this: http://www.arcgames.com/en/

One reason why i want to go to PWE official site is actually when i go to perfect world official website i can perfectly fine buy ZEN and charge it into my account... but when i try that with ARC it says i dont have any game in the CART?! And thats only one of the reasons why it buggs me ...

Try it yourself.. scroll up and try to go to perfect world website "without typing the link into your browser adress field" ...

It's because they're wanting to shift people to use ARC. It's probabaly not going to change, i just want a readable forum back
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Here, some browser addons as alternatives:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/color-toggle/

This Firefox addon allows you to switch between two webpage color schemes (You can toggle between your prefered text/background colors for the forums and defaults for every other site). It even has keyboard shortcuts.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/change-colors/jbmkekhehjedonbhoikhhkmlapalklgn

Same thing, but for Chrome. Also has keyboard shortcuts.

If you're using Opera, it already has the function by default.