test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic Answers!

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited November 2014 in Super News Network
You had questions, and now we've got answers, heroes! You posted 14 pages of questions in our recent Ask Cryptic thread - we definitely can't cover all of those here, but we've addressed as many as we can.

Producer Tom "Lord Gar" Edwards answered most of these, with a ton of help from the entire Champions dev team. If you've got further questions, feel free to chat up Iris Irregular@trailturtle in-game - that's yours traily, the Community Manager.

Go read the answers, then come back for discussion!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    LOL, they totally answered my question... the very last one.

*Trollface*
  • lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    LOL, they totally answered my question... the very last one.

*Trollface*

We went out and got some because we couldn't stop thinking about it.

Proof:

photo.jpg
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well... that was a bit underwhelming. But hey, at least we know that Auras are still on the works and actually planned to come out soon-ish.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Basically a bunch of "not any time soon" answers and "We're looking at MOAR LOCKBOXES!"

*SNORE*
    edited March 2013
    Oh, no- you gotta get the Oberto! brand, it's the best! That's good, but trust me... Oberto! is where it's at.

(Kudos if bacon jerky can make it as an in-game item. A heal/energy boost, perhaps?)
  • meurikmeurik Posts: 859 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why do I have to log off my account just to change to other characters? Is there a reason for this? It's pretty annoying sometimes? Could you make so that the Log Out Character option just led me to the char selection screen instead of the Login screen?

We will investigate the feasibility of this, and put it on the list if it seems like something we can do.

What the hell kind of answer is this? STO, CO and NW all share the same engine. STO has this ability (finally, after 3 years of complaining about it...). Why shouldn't CO and NW have the ability to log out to character selection?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lordgar wrote: »

Proof:

photo.jpg

...what are you hiding underneath the bacon and why?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    meurik wrote: »
    What the hell kind of answer is this? STO, CO and NW all share the same engine. STO has this ability (finally, after 3 years of complaining about it...). Why shouldn't CO and NW have the ability to log out to character selection?

Because the console command to do so is set at production level? :J

Snark never dies.
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was really hoping for an answer about the issue of STO LST offering vet rewards up front and CO vet rewards being time locked.

I guess addressing the people that will/have invested in life time subs doesnt carry as much weight as i thought....

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
    edited March 2013
    I guess addressing the people that will/have invested in life time subs doesnt carry as much weight as i thought....

Well... They -do- have our money already, after all.

Snark never dies.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Because the console command to do so is set at production level? :J

Dingdingding.

See for yourself.

Log into the game with -demoplay and a valid demofile name in the command line under options to put your session ticket into demoplayer when you click play, then execute gotocharacterselect in the console. Watch.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • meurikmeurik Posts: 859 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well... They -do- have our money already, after all.

Sometimes I think Cryptic/PWE are a bunch of greedy Ferengi...

"Once you have their money, you never give it back."
    "Greed is eternal."
    "A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all."
    "Expand or die."
    "Never be afraid to mislabel a product."
    "A good lie is easier to believe than the truth."
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So .. we will at least get moar vehicles .. and maybe even land vehicles .. and also moar vehicle content .. yay :eek:

Of course no answer to one of the most asked question .. about how many Devs are working at CO .. what a surprise :redface:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    and no plans to expand the Nemesis system, that's kind of sad....and as far as the Grab Bags go, didn't the ones mentioned come out after On Alert? so what needs updated? just where they go?
    beldin wrote: »
    Of course no answer to one of the most asked question .. about how many Devs are working at CO .. what a surprise :redface:

What do you mean, he was answering them :tongue:
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Goshdarnit!! I was literally just looking at jerky to buy today before this was posted. I went with Buffalo Bill's...

Proof:
    c439093c-8d1e-4f7c-ba90-2dc7bcdee47f_zps43d62d3b.jpg

Where were all you people 5 hours ago!?!?
  • eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    See if you can spot a theme here Cryptic-Studios, because you have completely ignored (intentionally in my opinion) the urgency and overriding theme of many a post that asked very clearly:

"Where is the development and direction of Champions-Online going?"

Q: thelastsonofzod:
    1: How many dedicated devs does Champions have?

A: Ignored

Q: gamehobo:
    3) What is the plan for future content releases? (Zones? Adventure Packs? Comic Series? Single Alerts?)

4) What is the plan for future Communication?

5) How many developers does Champions Online have currently? Specifically, where's Tumorboy, GentlemanCrush, and Splosions?

6) Are there plans for any changes in staff and/or leadership?

10) How many teams are currently with Champions Online (environments, powers, fx, writers/lore, etc) and are they still separated in duties from each other?

Q: Bioshrike:
    Are there any new powersets planned for the near future?

Are there any plans to add new open-world content?

Q:Septemberist:

Now that CoX has been shut down, is there anything that you guys may have partially developed that was set aside that now might see the light of day?.

Q: thebuckeye:
    After Neverwinter's release are we going to be getting our dedicated devs back?

Q:Greatzeorymer:
    1) Will Champions Online be getting more devs for future development? I see the Lemurian event as just a 'start', for something bigger planned ahead. This means will be seeing more bug fixes, updates more often, such as new content, SG bases, Hideout updates, new costume sets and even powersets?

Q: Keikomyst:
    6) Any Comic Series or Adventure Pack in the near future?

Q:Gandales:
    1) One of the multiple complains among the veterans and the soon to be veterans is that they don?t have anything new to do after they get to lvl 40. In this context, in your vision, which approach are planning to follow:

a. Endgame progression
    b. Multiple leveling paths(more than we currently have)
    c. User generated content

Q:thesoulstar:
    Level cap increase along with new zone planned anytime this year?

Are we going to get better communication from our devs along with a much bigger dev team?

Any plans on putting a few former paragon studios guys on the dev roster? (I know there are some already there)

Q:xcaligax:
    Once NeverWinter Night launches, will we have more DIRECT contact with the developers that are working on Champion's Online? As stated, we only have contact with Trail Turtle, who I understand is the community representative, but is NOT a DEVELOPER.

What will the future hold for Champion's Online, and will there be any sign of further progression involving story plot and lore, such as the Malvans, Mechanon, and more importantly, Doctor Destroyer himself?

Q:Maleb666:
    8) Are we going to have some DEVS back after NW launches?? Please?!?!

Q:chalupaoffury:
    Any chance we'll be seeing a comic series any time soon? Is the idea even being batted around in the long term? The ending of whiteout hinted strongly about a further adventure, and I've been waiting patiently to see how that all ends.

A:Ignored

Q:Pion1
    What are the chances of having an open dialogue with the players?

Q:hipchecker:

1) Any plans on improving the severe lack of communication between players and developers?
    2) Will Champions Online be getting more developers for future development?
    3) As of right now, Champions Online is showing all the signs of the game being put on life support by PWE/Cryptic. Any evidence to counter all the "symptoms"? ie. improving number of developers, communications, fixing bugs, and real solid content instead of "lockboxes" (I really do love Champions Online and I'd continue to put money in but as of right now I see no real reasons to come back and start playing again...)

Q:crosnight:

-returning of devs?
    -content other then alerts/que missions?
    -comics/adventure packs?

Q:Trinitite:

3. Is there a plan for endgame content as had been alluded to in previous posts with mention of Star*Guard and the potential raising of the level cap?.

Q:somebob:

2) Actual communication with those working on CO. We've said it before, and we'll say it again - everyone going silent causes all kinds of problems in game and in the forums. It's time to actually, you know, talk to us like you said you would.

Q:dagrekk:
    Any new, actual zones which aren't instances for alerts planned for this year at all? Or ever?

Q:falchoin:
    Can we expect a new zone this year?

Q:draogn:
    When will the until report be updated on a regular basis?
    Will the SoTG ever return on a regular basis like we had been told it would be?

Q:crypticbuxom:
    What is Cryptic's big plans for Champions once Neverwinter goes live and they can put focus back on this game?

Q:clcmercy:

1) With everyone asking for this, that and the other thing....I simply want to know -why- it took so long to get some kind of communication from developers. Surely Cryptic's ENTIRE team isn't on just STO and Neverwinter?

2) This game is in serious need of some developer time and affection. Will it get that? Soon??

Q:beldin:
    1. How many Devs do we really have, or better : how many hours are Devs really working at CO each week ?

Q:kenpojujitsu3:
    5) Story based non-alert content. Will we be getting any?

Q:sekimen:
    2) Will there be any story-based non-Alert non-vehicle content? I am pretty much asking about a new zone, yes.

Q:gradii:
    are we getting our devs back when neverwinter is ready? or perhaps new devs?

any plans to hire some of the old paragon devs to work on CO? I hear CoH had some seriously
    cool stuff CO could learn from

Any new zones, APs Comic series, or such?

More endgame content? and what kind of endgame content?

Q:rexcelestis:

* What is the proposed release and update for Champions Online in 2013?

* Cryptic has been criticized for lackluster communication and a slow pace of development with regards to Champions Online. What steps are the company taking in response to these criticisms?

Q:Riltmos:

I'm a little concerned about the game's future, since this is the only super hero MMO left besides DCU online (Blech!). So I want to know if this game going to get back some of their devs when Never Winter comes out, or will it stay out of focus?

Q:Revenantmorituri:

1) Can we hope to see a major bugfix pass once we get our Devs back from Neverwinter?

3) Everyone is clamoring for a new zone, and I am no different. What we need is an additional URBAN zone. Preferably covering the 27-35 range as an alternate to Monster Island/Lemuria track (My gritty street-vigilantes are tired of spending eight levels sleeping in dinosaur drool). Put it in the area north of the current city, covering the Hamtramck reconstructed area, with an airport, a stadium, and a mall?

4) Could we please have an explanation as to why nothing was done to attract CoH players Dec 01 2012 beyond a single official welcome message and a Double XP weekend? The three months warning ought to have een eough to wake someone up in management to get things pushed along.

Q:theravenforce:

2) Are there any plans for expansion? Both powerset wise (like AoE Shielding/Containment Fields for Force, Telepathy additions, MA Claws Additions etc) and in-game content wise? (Zones, Lairs etc)

Q:wethree1:

Q: Are you going to continue to leave this potentially amazing game to a slow death of near-abandonment and neglect when it could absolutely dominate it's niche?

Suggestion: If not, then I suggest that you immediately integrate as much of the wonderful Champions PnP content and as much of what was working in CoX as possible.

Here's hoping.

Q:sistersilicon:

I guess, after eight months of occasional press releases in one direction, and grumbling, begging, cajoling, whining, pleading, and boiling tempers (mea culpa) in the other, with poor TrailTurtle in the middle...

How did it come to this, and how can we (Cryptic and the Champions player community) prevent it from happening again?

Q:kelplankton:

What's the current size of the team working on Champions, and is there any chance it will be expanded sometime soon to develop more substantial content or the same amount at a faster pace?

Q:oyo32:
    6.) Is development ever going to ramp up for CO?

Q:malvou:
    2. Are we going to see new zones filled with new content and characters in the future?

Q:eastgatewidow:

If Cryptic-Studios are going to take Champions-Online takings and funnel the funds into STO or Neverwinter or any new secret project in development - don't you think you have a responsibility, an obligation to give those Champions-Online subscribers a developmental plan for their favourite game something above the order of 'maintainance-mode'?.

Q:orrynn:

1) I would like to knew are we getting an new Zone? The last time one was added was back in Oct 09. We are long overdue for one. Filled with new Mobs, perks, titles and open missions.

Q:bwdares:

6) Will we be getting more Devs here?

and most importantly, what is the plan for CO moving forward? Is there even one? Why hasn't or leader and Executive Producer been around. Do we even have one? Can we get a new one?

Q:shieldtower:
    1. Cryptic got the vast majority of the Dark Champions line when they bought the Champs IP, why is it so underutilized?

Q:visionstorm01:

2) What is your vision for this game's future? What's going to be the main focus of CO's development for the foreseeable future (one year or so)? Bug fixes, power balancing, temporary content/events, Alerts, content expansions, etc.?

Q:sigmaseven0:

6. The vibe on the forums has been grim lately largely because of an arua of uncertainty. Can you say/do any thing to assure us that champions isn't in trouble?

10. Are there still plans for an end game expansion?

Q:hansomer:

9. Are there any plans to add any new Instances/Zones, and if so, could you tell us what/when?

17. Any more State-of-the-Games coming, or any other informative posts by devs explaining what's going on?

Q:jennymachx:

When are you going to continue giving us State of the Game announcements like you did in the past? Are there any big development plans for the game at all?

Q:xgco:

1) What is your explanation for the severe lack of communication over the last couple of months from the Champions Team?

2) We all know that Champions wasn't the money maker you guys wanted it to be, but is there anything major in the pipeline that might change that?

8) New zones coming in the near-future?

Q:crosschan:

11. Going forward, will the main Cryptic focus of CO be to make temp content and temp events only? If not, when when can we expect some actual longterm playable content to hit CO?

14. Other than this Ask Cryptic(I'm guessing) will Stokeman be more vocal and seen by the CO Community like Branflakes is for the STO Community?

15. It's been announced that the STO Dev Team is 60 people strong at least(with some Paragon Studios X-Devs). How many people strong is the Co Dev Team? Will this increase? How soon?

16. Cryptic has a history of creating new features and then never really doing much with them beyond maybe 1-2 additions. When will the Nemesis, Unity, Hideout and Comic Series/Adventure Packs/Whatever be getting additions, expansions, repairs, or anything really?

Q:stmoth:

I'll keep it simple. What are your plans for CO for the next year? Are you going to add any new zones? Or will the focus of content continue to remain Alert-based?

Q:elasmia:

I am 99% sure you won't give my question a straight answer but here goes.

Are we guaranteed to get some devs back into CO once NWNO launches or is CO on a permanent back burner?

Q:d0csteel:

- Will we ever get Super-Group bases? This is a huge boon to the STO community and gives a lot of options for group efforts, questing, etc

- How secure is the future of CO, does PWE have a multi-year roadmap at this stage or is the game considered "in hospice"?

Q:blumoon8:
    There were plans to for a new zone, what happened to it and is it planned for the near future?

Will we be seeing more Comic Series? When? What might it be about?

Ok PWE/Cryptic - Many have taken their time to ask valid questions and you have blatantly ignored them yet again.

You guys are unbelievable.
    I just don't have the words anymore for this willfull blindness you show to your own community.

Utterly shameful.

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
  • gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Proof:

photo.jpg

Well cant argue with that. That stuff is epic . What you gotta do is dip it in French mustard first.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Also .. not even an answer about if we will get maybe some new costumes .. so i believe we don't have a costume designer anymore because he/she was replaced by a vehicle constructor :rolleyes:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lordgar wrote:
    Telepathy review? Will it ever happen?

We are planning to take another look at Telepathy after Auras. There are some tricky technical issues to iron out, but we haven?t forgotten about it.
    **** AURAS

#TelepathyNOW
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Alright, we do hear that there are a few things planned for development. Auras, more vehicles (of different ranks), more event arcs like Lemurian Invasion which is related and perhaps culminate (to maybe Dr D?), cycling of former events, possible return of Mega-Destroid event (I have a feeling this will be in the form of an alert rather than open map), maybe telepathy review...

I hope that whatever it may be that the devs are going to be working on, players will be given a heads up. It does not matter whether things are going according to plans or eventually it cannot work out. The constant communication and updates will allow players to know that something is still happening. Yes, even if it is slow and we have very few or just one dev working on it that does not matter. The communication is important.

Haters will always be haters and no matter what you say or do they will just whine. However for other players, I am sure they will appreciate any info you can provide. The relatively successful Lemurian Invasion can be to a large extent credited to the fact that many of the feedback and suggestions from players were included in the refinement. This two-way communication will only serve to improve the game so, keep it up.
    edited March 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    **** AURAS

#TelepathyNOW

#BaconpathyNOW!

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It seems to be no news for lost legacy Power Replace Items costume unlocks and Hero Games...
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You have completely ignored the overriding urgency and theme of many a post that urged:

"Where is the development and direction of Champions-Online going?"

Many have asked and you have blatantly ignored them yet again.

You guys are unbelievable.
    I just don't have the words anymore for this willfull blindness you show to your own community.

Utterly shameful.

Shame on us for thinking they'd face down the serious high-level problems instead of kicking the can down the road on little details.

This should have been a State of The Game.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Shame on us for thinking they'd face down the serious high-level problems instead of kicking the can down the road on little details.

This should have been a State of The Game.

I know you're probably being sarcastic, but actually, yeah.

Why anyone would expect anything different is honestly confusing to me.
    edited March 2013
    In Cryptic's defense- they -did- take a suggestion. I feel like I accomplished something.
  • skyburn1309skyburn1309 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    somebob wrote: »

If I don't miss my guess, the picture is of the Moon Coliseum.

The bag is positioned right above the section of Installation Alpha-8 and Mechanon, which is in chapter six of of the "Champions Universe" book, page 149.

Very interesting choice of reading there!!

The pic for those who missed it ...

photo.jpg

"Someone has to stand up for those who can't"
    - Unknown Hero

Red Klaw - Private Detective and Well Read Thug.
    Silver Valor - Wyldfire agent and scientist at large
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So, the Lemurian Invasion is part 1 or 2 of a larger arc... intriguing.

However, I was terribly disappointed by your non-answer about the Foundry. Does CO not in fact share a code base with STO and NWO? If it does, then the question of Foundry should be a matter of when, not if. I'd really like the chance to try inserting the stories in my head into the game...

Also looking forward to ground vehicles. The Hawkwing works for Blackwing - the whole "wing" motif, after all - but Spider-Bat could really use a Spiderbatmobile or a ground bike or something. (I could also use a Copperhead for Farhunter - it even matches his color scheme! - but I'm both philosophically and financially opposed to lockboxes.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pion01 wrote: »

I know you're probably being sarcastic, but actually, yeah.

Why anyone would expect anything different is honestly confusing to me.

Honestly, if you follow the history of the game/forums we were only truly missing one thing in this equation. The "Game that's not us" isn't live yet. Last time the game was live and then the SoTG and short burst of communication/stuff hit. It is my sincere hope that this time around, since we have Trailturtle, things will be more bountiful and not putter out into radio silence as quickly as last time.

If memory serves me correctly, I could be wrong, then this is the 1st "1st Ask Cryptic of The Year" that wasn't preceeded by a "SOTG" which is likely one of the reasons the "Answers" didn't just echo the SOTG. Think about it. Creepy stuff. We're breaking precedents here. To what ends...no idea. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All this session did was let us know that if it's not a vehicle or a lockbox that it's not really a priority for this game and that stuff that was on the PTS but got removed will probably come back to the PTS sometime this year.

Also, this really REALLY got my dander up:

"Will the nemesis creator be updated with the Earth and Wind Power sets?

We?re not currently planning to expand the Nemesis Creator."

Are these stupid-**** decisions being made by one person or by the whole of the dev team?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hope for the best, expect the worst. My expectations were fulfilled!

On the bright side I won't have to change my forum sig any time soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dynamechdynamech Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So ...

I'm happy we're getting ground vehicles, really, I am.

But ... there are about a thousand more things to work on rather than vehicles, from the still-ancient Nemesis system and the buggy nature of certain powersets, to the lack of modernization with Telepathy, to endless requests for updating the costume creator - all part of Champions Online's touted customization feature ... not to mention any number of bugs and the lack of choice in terms of leveling paths at low levels.

But instead of any answers about that, we're definitely getting non-customizable (appearance-wise anyway) vehicles and likely more lockbox content, plus AFs which are at best vanity items.

Oh, and just to complain about vehicles a little more ...
    We are not currently planning to upgrade travel power speeds. High vehicle speeds are one of the reasons that vehicles are restricted from use in many environments.

Just not in the most common environment people use travel powers, the open world. This fully flies in the face of characters like Speedsters, and those whose speed is their defining trait. "Sorry Flash, you should get yourself a Grav Bike."

I think this Q&A could've been summed up thusly:
    "OK, most of the questions we're picking have to do with Vehicles, so don't worry, you'll have vehicles for every occasion and you'll be tripping over lockboxes for the rest of the heroic career. If this doesn't answer your question, then your answer is no, not at this time, nor for the forseeable future."
  • matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will we ever see the return of past Events such as the Nighthawk event as cycling events such as the Blood Moon event were?

You?re in luck. We?re planning to bring back certain ?one-time content? events (such as Nighthawk) as recurring features. We?re not ready to talk about specifics yet, but we don?t want scheduled events to vanish forever when they end.
    Good to know.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Man....so much "My emperor...I'VE FAILED YOU!" in those answers.
  • polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Could we reorder which powersets should get a pass first? Here's the order I was thinking:

-All powersets but telepathy
    -Telepathy... if there is time
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Good to know that we have some things to look forward to, rather than being in complete shutdown mode. And I'm glad you're communicating with us.

Beyond that, not much to comment on that won't contribute to a cycle of bitchiness. More when I can do so constructively. Thanks for doing this.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Could we reorder which powersets should get a pass first? Here's the order I was thinking:

-All powersets but telepathy
    -Telepathy... if there is time

Works for me. :tongue:
  • matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Foundry should be easy, the code is all already on the engine, all they have to do is hook it up and put some assets, of course on this rate that probably means at least 6 months of work on Cryptic time.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • blashperionblashperion Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All I'm going to say, is that you are SO lucky that City of Heroes is gone. Because if it wasn't, I'd fully advocate EVERYONE I know to jump ship.

This utter disregard for what people actually want is absurd. Land vehicles, great. Ok. But you know what? Where the hell are the SG bases we were promised? How bout those extra rooms in the Hideouts? How bout those new costume sets? How bout actual skins for fighting claws?

You have made empty promise after empty promise. You have willingly, and almost near constantly, pulled resources off of CO and moved them to other products, when you -had- a vibrant community here that was willing to pay for certain things, which, in your infinite wisdom, you did not provide.

Does anyone else see the flaw in not provided to your costumer base the things they constantly ask for? Not a single business, ever, in any other market aside from the game market, would last doing that.

You better pray that Project Phoenix or any of the other super hero kickstart MMO's never get off the ground. Because ANYTHING is better then is constant stream of useless and meaningless drivel, and people will flee from CO like ticks of a drowning dog.

I know I will.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am pretty peeved that all concerns about Nemesis and the Nem alerts is 'bah, that's not important'.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, this was a little disappointing... at least ground vehicles are gonna show up and there's... plans... :P
  • warblade87warblade87 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All I'm going to say, is that you are SO lucky that City of Heroes is gone. Because if it wasn't, I'd fully advocate EVERYONE I know to jump ship.

This utter disregard for what people actually want is absurd. Land vehicles, great. Ok. But you know what? Where the hell are the SG bases we were promised? How bout those extra rooms in the Hideouts? How bout those new costume sets? How bout actual skins for fighting claws?

You have made empty promise after empty promise. You have willingly, and almost near constantly, pulled resources off of CO and moved them to other products, when you -had- a vibrant community here that was willing to pay for certain things, which, in your infinite wisdom, you did not provide.

Does anyone else see the flaw in not provided to your costumer base the things they constantly ask for? Not a single business, ever, in any other market aside from the game market, would last doing that.

You better pray that Project Phoenix or any of the other super hero kickstart MMO's never get off the ground. Because ANYTHING is better then is constant stream of useless and meaningless drivel, and people will flee from CO like ticks of a drowning dog.

I know I will.

I full support this post. Where are those Super Group Bases you promised us over a year ago? Where are the new hideouts, new sets, new rooms, new costumes, New Zones? What happened to the Fighting Claws skins that were promised? What happened to adding more content, not just Alerts, but the Adventure Packs, Comic Series, those were solid things that we all greatly enjoyed. Why were those no longer being made? I am an LTS and have probably put over 2 grand into this game because of my support for it in the past, but now...this is absolutely a slap to our faces when a question getting answered is about Bacon? and when an actual question about Dr Destroyer is asked about future content it isn't met with a "We have something in the works" no, it's just a :)

I want to see this game thrive, I really do. Cryptic, I would greatly appreciate it if those SG bases were made and added to the game, all those promises from the past were made and added, please don't focus on vehicles, but get up to date with your promises. a human being is only as good as their word, much like how a company is only as good as their word. I have found Cryptic to be greatly lacking in this regard on many occasions...
  • elasmiaelasmia Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If nothing else you guys have taught me how to NOT make a super hero mmo after launch. Cant wait to finish my 6 years of experience so i can start working on my super hero mmo just to get back at you and burn that pos dcuo.

I honestly thank you PWE for showing me how not to manage an mmo studio. Didn't think anyone other than SOE would teach me so many "how not to".

Well guys heres to enjoying this sinking ship while we can and hope project Pheonix saves us soon.
  • siralleynesiralleyne Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A more well crafted, and hand written version of this, will be going into the mail sometime soon. No TL;DR here.

Dear, Cryptic Studios.

The fact that we have communication, of some kind, is appreciated, and thank you for answering one of my questions that I posted. It has to be said now, however, that having something when there was nothing--TrailTurtle not withstanding-- isn't reason to not be perturbed by this most recent of Development Team communication. I, and several others--whom I hope voice their opinions here-- are simply not happy in any way about specific answers, the tone of this communication and an over all sense of neglect to the game.

Hearing "No, we don't have any plans to do X" is never welcome, however, frankly some of us are concerned that the Studio as a whole--not necessarily the Champions Online Team-- simply doesn't care about Champions Online when we hear this. It isn't just the disappointment when a feature you cared about won't be getting any more face-time, its the fact that a feature--I'm thinking of the Nemesis system here-- that was at one time showcased and was a draw to this game is being dropped.

The Nemesis System, Hideouts, Comic Series, Adventure Packs--there is a pattern here that is worthy of a great amount of concern, development dropped for whatever reason when there was potential for a huge amount of great fun to be had out of these things.

The tone of levity is understandable, but please Cryptic Studios, you have to understand some of us are very worried about the state of the game and its future, and even questioning if it has one at all. There is a love for the cape and mask genre, the broad appeal that Comic Books have to a variety of tastes and stories, and the opportunity that the Champions IP provides to experience these stories.

This concern isn't just about our own game, but the game in regards to the fledgling Superhero-Comic-Book genre of MMORPGs. I personally don't believe you, Cryptic Studios, necessarily have any malice in your heart towards this game, but it does feel like we've simply been forgotten and not even worth the thought required to even have spite, let alone being tended to.

We understand that any work and change that could be made to the game's situation takes time, its just the tone that concerns us. You can't be proclaiming fire and brimstone, the sky is falling, I understand, its just that the amount of levity given the situation, as we see it, is disconcerting.

On your webstie it says

"Cryptic Studios' first title was also the first AAA MMO on the market."

That MMO was a Superhero MMO, and its gone now, and many of us fear that Champions Online is already gone, not by a publisher's petty whims, but because of neglect and haphazard updating. Worse than the game simply shutting down, because it will always be there, a reminder of what could have been. Its why I'm so hesitant to go Lifetime with this game.

We love this game, Cryptic Studios, and we want this to be prestigious game like the previous was. You're one of two choices now on the market to live out an individual's comic book dreams with a community of people that want to do the same.

-Sincerely,
    A Concerned Fan
    edited March 2013
    Overall I'd say this ask Cryptic went well. It took a whole 5 pages to get to the "As soon as a better game that will never come out comes out, I'm leaving!" posts.

Also, CoH really wasn't all that great, I played it, it was like a very Beta feeling CO with really terrifying models, also, cooldowns, lots of cooldowns. I can't think of anything more exciting than waiting to shoot at someone with my assault rifle for 5 seconds between three round bursts. To its credit that's how literally every other mmo out there works basically, but also why I hate MMOs.

I don't think there will ever be another game in the MMO category that can obtain the feeling that CO gives overall. It may be spiraling down the drain, but at least we had a fun 2 year run while it was in its peak.

Snark never dies.
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wow... almost 99% of the questions where ignored...

So, probably by the end of the year the name of the game will be changed to Vehicles Online, is that it???

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but I want to play CHAMPIONS online, with my hero, not fly around with a legshaver or a rippoff speeder from Star Wars...
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
    edited March 2013

So thats like 3 people then. Yup They be lucky. You tell em squire.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Convenient tl;dr:
    • What? We have a Telepathy pow- Errr, Telepathy review coming after auras! Yeah!
    • Auras? Oh, those are coming this year. Maybe. Hopefully.
    • Okay, fine. Trailturtle gets his own AF.
    • Nemesis system updates? ...Uh, that's a type of vehicle right...?
    • Foundry? Sadly, due to weird Cryptic logic and voodoo magic, we can't do it right now despite CO, STO, and NWO having the same engine/codebase.
    • ^Same reason for the whole "switch-characters-without-logging-out" feature STO has.Now stop asking about non-vehicle stuff now.
    • Vehicle-related questions? Finally, I thought you would never ask! Well, I'll spill the beans, and I know you all want to hear this! More vehicle lockboxes!!
    • oh and ground-based vehicles, but who cares.
    • What's that? You don't want vehicles? Pffft, what do you think this is? A superhero MMORPG? Wait, it is?! I thought this was a Need for Speed MMO! Uhhh, okay, don't worry we'll give you lockboxes too! That way you won't get jealous of your vehicle driving brethren. Also buy a vehicle dammit.
    • Vehicle PvP? ...Wait, this game has PvP?
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • chances010chances010 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    somebob wrote: »

OOOOH! Good catch......

That's so LUNAR! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

"Forums are amazing technology. They can take a seemingly normal and
    rational person and make them look like a troll. Short-sighted, misguided, creative effort deprived. Incredible." - Snarlygribbly
  • dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My 2 cents about this ask cryptic, i am not surprised that you guys just danced around the bush about one of the most IMPORTANT questions that were asked.

Q:What's going on with the Foundry?

A: We would really love to add the Foundry to CO, but it?s a very large undertaking and we?re still figuring out if/how we could do it

You guys have had OVER 2 YEARS to try and figure this out, and you STILL hum and haw and drag your feet about it?? This game is in dire need of steady content and you guys are ignoring it?! Cryptic what in the name of Jacques-Yves Cousteau is wrong with you? how much more time do you need? 2-3 more years?! I'll be LONG gone by then, and I'm sure a lot of other people will as well.

but no.. this answer took the cake for me

Q. Will the nemesis creator be updated with the Earth and Wind Power sets?

A. We?re not currently planning to expand the Nemesis Creator.

So another classic piece of fan favorite content, (and my personal favorite for this game) that you guys are going to ignore? With the new earth, wind, and heavy weapons and your just going to let it rot? i have NO words to describe my disappointment and shock as a paying customer of your product that two of the most requested pieces are ignored without reason, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Is this your goal? To drive off what little paying customers you have to make this game fail on purpose so you can put more resources into STO and Neverwinter? Save yourself the trouble and just sell the IP to another studio just like you did with COH because that would be a smarter thing to do, and it would be better for the game in general long run.

This Ask Cryptic was the final determining factor IF i was going to continue supporting this game, and for that i give you guys a big fat F for Failure because this is just unacceptable

you guys have just insured that you will not get another penny from me
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford