test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic Answers!

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tancrediiv wrote: »
    May 2012 was about fixing one thing but breaking another. They could have just isolated certain mechanics to a set to prevent some of the broken builds that were an actual problem and separate PvE vs PvP balance mechanics.

Certain mechanics? Like Crowd Control? Yeah, thanks to abusers, PvPers etc Crowd Control was royally screwed over with the ON ALERT Pass, making my at the time Mind AT character even harder to play, because now, my AoE Hold was not reliable in PvE OR PvP anymore, and instead of maintained holds we go incapaciderps. My friend when he tried this game asked why couldnt there be PvP powersets and PvE powersets? I said: "Not sure, but it would be great as I'd be able to use crowd control effectively again."

tancrediiv wrote: »
    They didn't. The back and forth about "no, telepathy now, no might, no..." Is just a silly distraction and a pointless and divisive argument between player groups. Yes, telepathy needs a full pass. But breaking something and leaving it that way just alienates one side of the customer base. Fix what is broke, improve what isn't working well, but above all do no harm.

They broke Telepathy, before Might, at least you can play will a full inset might build, passive and all. You cant do this with Telepathy. I don't believe might is outshined in terms of tanking vs PA or Heavy Weapons, in the same fashion Celestial blinds and steamrolls telepathy in terms of support and reliable crowd control.

Crowd Control systems were broken and still to this day are broken, in the process players who wanted to play crowd controllers were alienated from the community and the game really. I purchased LTS as a Silver player on the premise of Telepathy finally getting additions...that was half a year ago. I am STILL waiting.

As for might? It barged infront of Telepathy, and got the very useful buff to damage via the KB resistance stacks = higher damage. I've seen might builds hit for 13k in TANK Role, and upwards of 20k in melee role. So I think its safe to say, Might is ok for now, compared to Telepathy, who has inset control powers which do not work on anything above Enforcer, which practically invalidates you from higher level combat, because all you'll be doing is spamming Ego Blast/Sprites and Psi Lash.

Crowd Control has been needing a fix for a while now, Telepathy has been in dire need of improvement since Beta, I've been told (and from what I've seen I agree, hell even sorcery can get by better than Telepathy).

Personally, I think might is ok, doing well, of course I agree it could be better, most powersets could be conceptually wise and could be more diverse, for example:

Martial Arts: Kick wise...not only are they slow but less powerful than the fists. Seriously lacking in imagination and usefulness (yes I have run a full kick build...)

Force: Force Fields- Where? Apart from PF, PFF, FS which are all single target, Where are the AoE shielding mechanics? The AoE Containment Fields? The Barriers? Aggressive Force use is captialised on but could be expanded upon. Defensive Force Field use, is very limited, even though the passive got some love (it was forced love :tongue:) it could do with some more work.

Telepathy: Simply put where is it? Apart from PSI Lash of Doom, nothing even control wise to call it decent.

Sorcery: So much is going on in this Powerset, but some "higher tier" powers like Hex of Suffering..really need amping, 1.2k over 6 seconds..is not fun...

Bestial: Feels alot like Force and Telepathy, i.e. it lacks moves and could do alot better.

Earth: Feels like an oddball powerset, its got fun moves, but the choices in them don't exactly flow well..

Alot of other sets do need to be looked at. IMO, until Telepathy is worked on properly and churned out onto LIVE, other powersets can wait.
  • hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    just wondering why would you boost a non superstat in the gear when you only have 2 slots for doing so in each piece and passives generally scale off superstats? defiance build is the only thing I can think of really since it just scales off con

Take a look at the Forum Malvanum lockboxes.

They're going to start dropping 3 and 4 slot gear.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Take a look at the Forum Malvanum lockboxes.

They're going to start dropping 3 and 4 slot gear.
    http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=850041
  • superamazing911superamazing911 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    when will regular players get at list 2 different power because freeform player rules the game
    they get the most and best power and a player like me cant even beat a low lvl freeform cause they are too strong its not fair i know they pay for them but can we at list get different powers pleaseeee
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not fair......
    You can't beat....(i bet this is a duel whine...)
    GTFO. Go back to CoD...
    Learn to play FFS.
    Pay up or shut up.
    :rolleyes:

Fargin whiners...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    when will regular players get at list 2 different power because freeform player rules the game
    they get the most and best power and a player like me cant even beat a low lvl freeform cause they are too strong its not fair i know they pay for them but can we at list get different powers pleaseeee
    Then perhaps you could consider subscribing?

This may come as a shock to you, but unlike many MMOs out there, this one is supposed to be far more focused on PvE than PvP. The "superheroes fight because of a misunderstanding" trope is indeed common in comics - but the heroes are only supposed to fight briefly, then realize they're mistaken and team up to take down the villains responsible, not set up as constant enemies.

I venture to suggest, as well, that if you cannot defeat low-level Freeforms in duels, the fault may lie in your play, as the difference in number of powers doesn't show up until high levels. At lower levels, the Freeform has had exactly as many chances to increase abilities as you have - and if he has many attack powers, that means he's been neglecting his defenses...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited March 2013
    ur missing the big picture freefrom are and will always be stronger than regular archtypes
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Not fair......
    You can't beat....(i bet this is a duel whine...)
    GTFO. Go back to CoD...
    Learn to play FFS.
    Pay up or shut up.
    :rolleyes:

Fargin whiners...
    LOL! Too funny. And too true.
    edited March 2013
    ur missing the big picture freefrom are and will always be stronger than regular archtypes

I think you haven't even found the big picture.

And that's the way it should and will be.
    If you're not planning to spend any money to the game. Be glad what you get for free. FOR FREE.
    Deal with it.

If you want to make the builds you want to, you spend money. Like you did from the beginning, before even Archetypes even existed.

And, you can make pretty sucky builds as a FF. If you really try.
  • embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    you sir are an insufferable idiot. rank 5s are enough at lvl40. rank 9 almost never happens unless you are an IDIOT and buy rank up catalysts or just have too much time on you hands and grind for a year. :mad:

But getting rank 9 mods, is about the only goal one has at lvl 40. Besides i barely chat ingame anyway, nor have i ever seen you or do know who you are. My question is, how can i be blacklisted by a person that doesn't even know me? You technically just stated, that you abused the chat bann system on PURPOSE.

But what else could we expect of today's 12 year olds :rolleyes:

#
    oh and I have a toon who can kill you in pvp, but I'm not gonna do it since I've just blacklisted u and put you on ignore.

More likely, because you are unsure if your claims can become reality x)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    i dont know y u keep replying to everything i type why dont u go in a conner and f urself because this does not concern u if u dont have anything to do go f with someone else and plus u dont get that not everyone has the kind of access that you have where u can just pay wit credit card by the way im talking to flyingfinn
    Vanguard
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Superamazing, listen...

This game offers a lot for free.

If you want more, shell out the cash or grind for Questionite to buy a FF slot.

Otherwise, set some life goals. If you could articulate better, you could probably get a decent job and make some cash.
  • embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i dont know y u keep replying to everything i type why dont u go in a conner and f urself because this does not concern u if u dont have anything to do go f with someone else and plus u dont get that not everyone has the kind of access that you have where u can just pay wit credit card by the way im talking to flyingfinn
    Vanguard

Just play The Glacier AT or the Unleashed AT. Both require small to zero effort and still are overpowered as hell, even with bad items all you have to do is push 1 button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh, by the way, Supes, if you want to communicate to Finn and nobody else, you might want to look into Private Messaging. This forum is open to anybody with a PWE account, you know...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • jonandre1jonandre1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Vanguard
    You do know this is a public forum, don't you?

Also, it isn't phone text messaging. You can spell everything out, you aren't limited to 140 characters or something stupid. If you really... can't... spell better than that, then perhaps you shouldn't be involving yourself in a text-based medium where articulation, spelling, grammar, punctuation and capitalization are required for successful communication.
    y want u put the game on ps3 it can take it and it will get more people to play plus there are a lot of people who can't play it on the pc and just think of all of fan u will get if u do so I love the game but my computer can't handle it and it make me vary sad because of it. and I truly wish I can play it with all my might and soul please try to put more thought to it ok I am on my knees here give me and all hop!
    edited March 2013
    Vanguard

Oh so you're talking to me now, but i can't talk to you?
    WHY i reply, because YOU write in a public forum. And because your post was something this forum has seen dozens of times.
    If YOU like to talk by yourself go in the CORNER.
    Hey, if YOU don't have the money there is the SILVER/F2P for YOU, but it seems YOU don't get it, even when people told how you can get more stuff FOR FREE. The GOLD/SUBSCRIPTION is for the people who have the money and like to spend it on something they like. So stop acting like a butthurt kid, take your f's and do me a favor and STFU if YOU can't write anything else than repeat the whine.
    Don't bother on answering.
  • bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    just wondering why would you boost a non superstat in the gear when you only have 2 slots for doing so in each piece and passives generally scale off superstats? defiance build is the only thing I can think of really since it just scales off con

Rank 9's are good for when one is 4 stating instead of three stating. Say you want Str just for its spec set but don't intend on really using it for your build other then that. So you take str for specs as a prim and then need to boost your true stats say int,con,dex just for this purpose. You would do this by getting higher then rank 5 mods.

Now most people in PvP stop at Rank 7 and most in PvE seem to stop at Rank 5 since those seem to be the last real significant boosts rank wise. However if you play arounf with the number on test you learn about certain caps to stats etc... This is when going above those ranks is needed. Again just using example numbers here not legit because i dont feel like pulling up my docs or going ingame lol. Say STR soft cap is 70 and with rank 7 mods you only have 67 STR then you would need higher then Rank 7 to meet that cap and get the max potential out of your build.

Having higher then rank 5 or 7 mods doesnt make you a idiot or mean that your wasting your time it just means you are a min/maxer and pushing your stats/build to the limit. Also getting higher then rank 7 is easy if you farm or use AH considering how cheap the price of mods are. Just buy 5 rank 7's and a few safe guards and bam an eight. It doesnt cost much g to do or take much time if you know how to farm.

PvPers and Endgame players(cosmic hunters) have always min maxed in this way and in the end they are rewarded with some of the best builds in the game. They can solo the cosmics as well as anything else in the game. To put it simply, if you do the math and put in the time to test you will be rewarded. Rank 9's are not pointless but they are situation items and take alot of work.
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Rank 9s are end game farming when you have nothing better to do with your Questionites, convert them to zen and get the rank 8-9 catalysts. I have 4 R9 CON, 2 R9 INT, 2 R9 LGG, 3 R9 IP. Reason I don't have all 12 R9 is because avoidance core don't allow me to rank up :(

Ya, I have no life.

Also I am crossing my fingers for them to release R10 mods muahahahaha. +100 to stats eeekksss

Ok Monday morning posts from office are crazy.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok Monday morning posts from office are crazy.

xD

Yep R9 are only for end game farming and not for necessary.
    Most of my main toons are using R7 and working just similar. Doesn't feel any change in use.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013

YOU are missing the big picture.
    FF is paid for, either by subscribing or buying a FF slot. If you do not(or cannot be bothered grinding Q for Zen) then you make do with what you get for free.
    Yes it will take awhile to grind the Q fro 5ooo zen for a FF slot but it's either that or $50 for one or $15/month for subs.
    The slots are avilable becasue of the amount of silver players who complained about not being able to have a FF.

as for putting it on PS or Apple computers.
    Would that involve more programming or simply a deal for access.
    Sorry. I don't if apple still uses different programs. If it needs extra programming, probably not, considering what is due to try and get done this year.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited April 2013
    quataviust wrote: »
    y want u put the game on ps3 it can take it and it will get more people to play plus there are a lot of people who can't play it on the pc and just think of all of fan u will get if u do so I love the game but my computer can't handle it and it make me vary sad because of it. and I truly wish I can play it with all my might and soul please try to put more thought to it ok I am on my knees here give me and all hop!
    Umm...what?? :confused:
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Quantavist, and Super? Have you considered the merits of punctuation? I don't mean to be rude, but it's hard to understand sentences which show no marking that implies a break in the sentence.
    This means that your points, although possibly valid, under the conventions of written language are phrased as though they are all one interconnected point. This means that your many points in one sentence in one post gets a bit confusing to decipher, and most people will ignore you, not out of malice, but because they don't want to bother with the effort of breaking down your sentences if you couldn't be bothered doing so,

Back on topic... I am so happy Cryptic do these Ask Cryptic things. It's exactly the kind of thing we want, communication. Can we have them more often? Like, once every month, perhaps? After all, we like this game, you enjoy making this game and the monies thereof, we should all do more back and forths. Synergize with the playerbase and get the dev brains cracked open for us to see what's going on inside.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • psychickittypsychickitty Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2013

You know its silly....but you should know if you play that you can get other powers.

Its time consuming...but you can unlock them.

You start by unlocking them through the differing in game vendors....that give differing travel powers and multiple forms.

Also you can buy a free form slot from the c-store and can get differing powers from items.

I mean wow....its like you and some others have forgotten that not only is this game made by Cryptic...which means you have many different in game ways to do things...but its also a perfect world game...thus not only can you get their cash shop zen the usual ways but they have tons of other ways to get zen too.....wouldn't be surprised if they added selling organs or blood for zen from some vendor.
    And of course after Perfect World did that....Cryptic would try to add a way to do it in game as well.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure whether a (sarcasm) should be after the last paragraph but it is unfortunately accurate.

to Super(not really very) amazing.
    also as for needing a credit card to pay for subs. unless they have changed it, paypal , you can use a savings account.

breif translation of
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quataviust View Post

For lovehammer

Why won't you put it on PS3?
    more people will play and some people don't have computers.
    He is un happy about not being able to play it on his computer which can't manage it and really wants to play it.
    He's willing to beg and he wants hope.

English is his second language. his syntax is the wrong way around for english and he doesn't have plurals. But he got most of it right.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited April 2013
    Thanks chaelk, i got most of it, i just needed a little help.
    Makes perfect sense now.
  • nenad553nenad553 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will there be soon some version that our heroes can change a side i meen from good to became evill to do some evil missions like in city of heroes u could choose whate u whante to became a herro or villian or later u can change a sides of good and evil lol and one more thing when i buy a sidekick will that device of sidekick stay forewar with me or after hour will gona vanish thats all i whante to ask answer me soon as possible tnx lol great game
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nenad553 wrote: »
    Will there be soon some version that our heroes can change a side i meen from good to became evill to do some evil missions like in city of heroes u could choose whate u whante to became a herro or villian or later u can change a sides of good and evil lol and one more thing when i buy a sidekick will that device of sidekick stay forewar with me or after hour will gona vanish thats all i whante to ask answer me soon as possible tnx lol great game

In answer to your first question......a pretty much emphatic no. And to your second...no.

Sorry for the negativity.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • solardynamosolardynamo Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I actually like some things on this thread and it kinda made my Monday morning better with some of the things Cryptic is doing. The only downside was reading some of the crap a few posters were shoveling.
    inS6EEjxY0bBVXuqyVWD1NidpgxpduJXW5_YMzhL0zc?size=1280x960&size_mode=2
    edited June 2013
    ......with some of the things Cryptic is doing.....

Like what, pray tell?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what I meant is buying rank up catalysts is a huge ripoff and you dont buy those unless you are rich, or dumb, generally

Ya i agree there i don't buy them i just farm them!! safeguards are my friends!!
    edited June 2013
    I hawte move champions installed folder from c to d participatication because i hawed low space i hawe alredy patched a game but knowe is patching me agian since i hawe moved to d why is that ?
    edited June 2013
    You did tell the game it changed the location? Like made a new icon to launch the game?
    edited June 2013
    You did tell the game it changed the location? Like made a new icon to launch the game?

yup its location of game folder is changed i hawte it was low space on c sou y put it on d but i donth understand it why is it patching agian it was alredy patched while it was on c :(:D
    edited June 2013
    I think it patches everytime you switch the location. Even if it's patched the latest patch. So it's working as intended.
    edited June 2013
    I think it patches everytime you switch the location. Even if it's patched the latest patch. So it's working as intended.

tham it and i hawe nothing else to play grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr well if its hawte and its not hard :D still 1 gb i think to patch it only this time waithing to finished its killing me :D
    edited June 2013
    Sorry guys if i am borring can u anwser me just one more question i think i saw a power in champions that makes youre character larger whate is the name of that and is it on sale in c store ?
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry guys if i am borring can u anwser me just one more question i think i saw a power in champions that makes youre character larger whate is the name of that and is it on sale in c store ?

You could be either talking about Super magnifier which is available in Z-store for about....900z, i think? Or the cosmetic adv. Enrage and Aspect of the Bestial have.

Super Magnifier increase the size of your char drastically, but it will revert back when you enter battle.
    Whereas, Enrage/Aspect of the Bestial increases your size for every stack of Enrage. Which is probably 8 stacks in all. However, the increase isn't as big as the one Super magnifier gives.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited June 2013
    tnx i hawe agread with one of my friend from super group we agred for certain amount of zen
    that he can sell for certain amount of qeustionite . i hawe just one question can that be done ? how we can trade tham ? :smile: just curios thats all
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can't trade Q or Z.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited June 2013
    what is wrong with champions online the it keeps saying trying to update the launcher but in takes to long it never done that before r u guys working on it
    edited June 2013
    Whate in the hell HAPEND WITH MY SIDEKICK DURATOK HE HAS GONE FROME MY INVENTORY AND SLOT DEVICE ? ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! one hour has finished god knowe i regrat for spanding 200 zen on STUPID device sidekick
    edited June 2013
    Whate in the hell HAPEND WITH MY SIDEKICK DURATOK HE HAS GONE FROME MY INVENTORY AND SLOT DEVICE ? ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! one hour has finished god knowe i regrat for spanding 200 zen on STUPID device sidekick

You only get him for one hour.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2013
    Is it anyone else hawing same problem like me this morning everithing was ok i played it Neverwinter and exyt the game but knowe it whante showe me login screen at all same is going on with champions i see icon in task bar but on desktop i donth see login screen at all i really hate to reinstal this 2 games if anyone knowe whate is the problem please let me knowe how to fix it? :confused:
    edited July 2013
    Right click the CO icon, click Properties, Shortcut, change the Normal window size to Large.
    edited July 2013
    why wont champions online let me change my email its an emergency
    edited July 2013
    GUYS IF U WANT TO MAKE FREE MONEY ONLINE AT YOUR HOUSE REAL MONEY THAT U CAN GET FOR FREE NO TRICKS NO FEEDS NO SCAM PRETTY PLEASE CHECK THIS SITE OUT PLEASE GUYS U WILL MAKE SO MUCH MONEY AT HOME. NO SELLING ITEMS NO BUYING ITEMS FREE MONEY EVERYDAY NO SCAM THRUST ME PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE. http://5204039.dailydollardash.com
    :smile:
  • jacklong911jacklong911 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    how long is pwe banning an account
    edited August 2013
    As long as you keep posting superamazingstupids....