test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If You Just Get "Trying to update the launcher." Post Here

1181920212224»

Comments

• guiman1000guiman1000 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So. Yeah. Auto updater problem. I can't play CO or Blacklight Retribution. S'like Cryptic decided to just spontaneously combust. >,..,<
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Now that Maintenance is over, tried to open the launcher and get the same message. First time I ever seen this error myself.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    drgmstr wrote: »
    Now that Maintenance is over, tried to open the launcher and get the same message. First time I ever seen this error myself.

Same here. Never seen it before this morning, now I get it almost every time I open the launcher. The rare time I don't, I get a white "Loading. Please Wait." screen for a minute or two, then Internet Explorer (WTF, I don't use IE for anything) pops up with an error message.
    Yup, this just happened again.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• uprightdoguprightdog Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same here (France), downloaded the current (I presume) launcher from http://files.champions-online.com/launcher/Champions%20Online.exe and still get the updating error or rarely, the launcher window then an IE error.

@CanisErectus- Scampering around, biting bad guys since July 2011.
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am in the same boat but before today it has never happened to me
  • ujjjezebel2ujjjezebel2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was able to play all day yesterday without any issue. Now, I am getting the same launcher problems again, and I cannot get pidgin to connect either.
  • cyberzubzeroicyberzubzeroi Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    stil not work the selv problem autoupdate luncher server offline
  • tynankainda1tynankainda1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seems like this happens to me every time they update. What could be the problem?
  • cyberzubzeroicyberzubzeroi Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the problem is server,defect server?
  • jencohvjencohv Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can't get on either, been trying since 12:20 pm eastern time
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is an update over here
    To quote the email I got from the engineers, we're having "a major network event" in Boston. Current symptoms are that the launcher does not load, at all. I'm experiencing this as well. At a guess, anyone currently logged in is going to be able to stay online, but if you log out you won't be able to get back in.

Since this was going on when we were scheduled to start maintenance, we're postponing maintenance to later in the day, after this is resolved. We've got a number of engineers working on this right now, and I'll update whenever I get more information.

(Also: I'm not sure whether this is the same issue as the launcher issues earlier. It behaves similarly, but I can't be sure it's the same.)

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Uhh launcher broken. I play from Italy using Steam :S

EDIT: after relaunching the game for several times in a row I managed to log in.

• solorollosolorollo Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same here... seems like it's a slow connection that does this, but I'm not sure. Usual fix for me is to download the latest launcher... but I'd rather fix it permanently! Right now though, anyone who's kind enough to pop up the latest PWE launcher as well can be seen as a hero this time round!
  • crimreaper65crimreaper65 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i'm still having the exact same problem. So do I need to just download a launch update or something? and if so, could anyone possibly provide a link? Any help would be greatly appreciated since I haven't played in quite awhile and I really miss it! :P
  • richoxrichox Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having this problem since almost a week ago!