test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If You Just Get "Trying to update the launcher." Post Here

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've never had this problem until today, it's tried connecting 6 times now but just sits there. I just updated my video driver last night, maybe that screwed it all up..
    edited February 2010
    this sucks! i just got the game yesterday from gamestop and now its sayin update launcher crap and then goes to some idle error! this isn't fair!
    edited February 2010
    I started another thread about not being able to login, this is my screen, this is what I've been looking at since I bought this game and downloaded it yesterday
    edited February 2010
    I started another thread about not being able to login, this is my screen, this is what I've been looking at since I bought this game and downloaded it yesterday

this is the wrong thread for u as of right now. this is for people who dont even have a launcher coming up. and i say "as of right now" because im sure you'll eventually have this same problem. sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

its been 2 weeks now for me... i know thats not nearly as long as some, but ive givn up. ive tried about 8 different methods that were "working" for others in this post with no success on my account. im not paying any more money to cryptic and im still interested in getting a refund, im just not the one whos willing to put forth the effort of filing an offence against them.

sadly, i think thats why this has been going on for this long...
    edited February 2010
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/114641/ChampionsOnlineTest5.zip
    download that, login and should either update or play if u already updated not sure if it will play or update if u already have the patches, i dont have any patches so it is downloading them for me now, hope this helps
    edited February 2010
    Fixed it
    You are a Gem, thanks
    edited February 2010
    That worked for me too thanks
    edited February 2010
    Just bought the game of steam today, and even after playing the demo flawlessly I started to get this message. Tried using the above file, let me log into game but now im getting server not responding when it starts to load.

Edit: went to properties of the ChampionsOnline Test5 and pressed Unblock at the bottom where it says it was created on another computer. Works now!

Edit-Edit: Wanted to make it work the right way still. After disabling windows firewall, it didnt fix anything. So i didnt think i had any other protection on until i realized i had windows defender installed. Turned windows defender off, works perfectly. So now i just put steam, and cryptic folder as an "exclude" option in windows defender and it works.
    edited March 2010
    Hello i have a problem, im new and bought the game today.I installed and made my account.But when i want to start it first need to patch the launcher.But it takes about 10 minutes and then there comes a patcher error.What can i do? Sry for my bad english im from germany.Pls help quick!
    edited March 2010
    you should be able to download the patches with no problem with that client, hope this helps.
    edited March 2010
    not realy.I have another problem now.I played the demo before and deleated it with steam.Installed champions online new and worked.But when i play the tutorial till the end it doesnt continues.I can choose where i can go to , canada or desert but when i want to get into a heli then the interacting thing is comming and loading then when its end ...... nothing happened.And when i want to chat in zone chat then it says : not with a trial account , but it cant be it isnt a trial account and the demo isnt installed anymore.Can it be that i have this problem because i just have the 30 free days?I dont enter a game time card code because i have no card .I must buy one but idk if it changes when i enter the code.Can anyone help?
    edited March 2010
    Kudokun wrote:
    download that, login and should either update or play if u already updated not sure if it will play or update if u already have the patches, i dont have any patches so it is downloading them for me now, hope this helps

This worked for me :)

Something screwy with the patcher in the newest launcher.

M.
    edited March 2010
    Kudokun wrote:

How long is this supposed to take? I get a big scrolling window with some code and send 31 bytes repeating over and over, and I get a modified version of the launcher updater gray box that says:

Trying to update the launcher.
    Please be patient.
    Tried connecting # times.

It got to 8 times before I went in and unblocked the file, now it is to 4 times after being unblocked.
    edited March 2010
    I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but 31 bytes at a time will require some 303 times to get to 1 KB, therefore about 303000 times to get to a MB, and if this requires a GB I'm looking at 303000000 times? even at a few dozen sends a second, that will take hours if not days to update?
    edited March 2010
    Got up to 29 times... gave up
    edited March 2010
    its been a few weeks, ive been playing divinity, its not suprising to see that this is still an issue with more than myself... and like the last few post kudokun's method didnt work for me as well.

i let it sit while i played divinity and idk a few hours later it was at 52 attempts.

so im basically paying for this game to take up space on my computer and get denied everytime i even try to open the launcher.
    edited May 2010
    Never was any problem with my launcher, play the game from the beginning, but now almost 50 times tried to connecting... and more than 2 hours waiting, any new or idea? tyvm

I try to upload my Dxdiag but its 46kb and limit is 19.5kb???? Ok i zip it, pathetic...
    edited May 2010
    Never was any problem with my launcher, play the game from the beginning, but now almost 50 times tried to connecting... and more than 2 hours waiting, any new or idea? tyvm

I try to upload my Dxdiag but its 46kb and limit is 19.5kb???? Ok i zip it, pathetic...

Exactly what indication are you getting.
    1. sometimes a firewall or antvirus program will reflag a patched program as new and require reauthorization withthe program to access the net. Windows defender will sometime do this when it gets a new update. So recheck the firewall and antivirus.

2. Check IE browser to make sure it did not set itself to work offline or using a proxy server setting in the IE internet options.
  • reeper18reeper18 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    im getting the same problem I haven't been able to play for a week
  • brolling09brolling09 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've got it since a few hours...
  • ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    For me it just started today, normally i reconnect my router and it works, but not this time and one of my friends says the same.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• tariser12tariser12 Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same for me, just started today
  • brolling09brolling09 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It works for a friend, although he's using the same WLAN like me. I also tried replacing Champions Online.exe and GameClient.exe, but it won't work. Resetting the router won't work too.
  • tigshadowtigshadow Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Already tried all the options from the Q and A that was in another thread and I was fine at 4 am EST. When I went to log in again about an hour and a half ago it says for the update the launcher. It still does it now in checking again.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tariser12 wrote: »
    Same for me, just started today

Ditto. Was fine last night. Played for a few hours logged out around midnight. Try to logon a few minute ago. All it does it try to connect. One times, two times. Sometimes a blank (white) logon page pops up but remains blank for ages. Other times it tries to blame my connection. I just tested my connection speed here...

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

It's great all over the US so it not my connection.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll fix it soonest.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • cyberzubzeroicyberzubzeroi Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    is a support active in this game we have a problem !!! the autoupdate luncher not start-the game not start
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2013
    Something's gone wrong with our launcher tech for a few of our games, though it isn't affecting everyone. I'll update when it's resolved.
  • mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Something's gone wrong with our launcher tech for a few of our games, though it isn't affecting everyone. I'll update when it's resolved.

Thank you for the update! The problem has persisted for a couple of hours, so an extension of the double XP weekend would definitely be appreciated. :biggrin:
    mawayne wrote: »
    Thank you for the update! The problem has persisted for a couple of hours, so an extension of the double XP weekend would definitely be appreciated. :biggrin:

Was just about to say the same thing. Been off all day for some people.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,955 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    retro2000 wrote: »
    Was just about to say the same thing. Been off all day for some people.

Yea Still got it all my 3 friends have it. :frown: But oh well
    Psi.
    edited January 2013
    wtf I thing itws work,as the white loading windows was open but than the Internet Explorer open and it say the program can not open:res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm
  • syphervsypherv Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    OMG this is so annoying, sorry guys, but anyone have found out why this happens and is there a solution to it, im not going to go through all 110 threads on this topic so if someone could help me i would be greatly appreciate it, i really hate cryptic right now its so lazy of them to let this happen, i try to start the game i get the same message as everyone else, what can i do? thanks

The internetz is one crazy place! tread carefully!
    edited January 2013
    [IMG][/img]Unbenannt3.jpg
  • ourlilsecretourlilsecret Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not working for me, either.
  • thunderchild99thunderchild99 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In northern Virginia and can't get on. It was fine this morning but now nothing just the same error message
  • sinzillsinzill Posts: 0
    edited January 2013
    Says on the front page of the website in a red box "We are aware of an issue in which some players are unable to open launcher. Our engineers are currently investigating the issue." For anyone who wants to know.
  • prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Me as well.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • taiyou24taiyou24 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I play a long time, after that i don't play for this, i think is my Conecction maybe the problem, BUT THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING e_e
  • coseleoscoseleos Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was able to play just fine yesterday. Now the launcher will not connect.
    edited January 2013
    I could play earlier today now its back to the same old story again. I'll admit this is frustrating. I just hope they find asolution soon. before this I've never had any problems with running the game.
  • quinnmallorybrquinnmallorybr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm not getting into the game. I'm from Brazil.
  • qworty01qworty01 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Had launcher issues yesterday and again today. It would be nice if they had community managers that could tell us what is going on.
  • ujjjezebel2ujjjezebel2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was running fine yesterday and part of today, then I crashed and am now having the launcher fail issue. I'm playing in the Chicago area.
  • thedoctahakethedoctahake Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Also having bad launcher issues. Not the first time.
  • turtlshellzturtlshellz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was unable to log onto Champions Online until late last night and again today I am unable to log on. This is getting sadly repetitive, I do hope they will fix it soon. I will try to keep 'the faith' that it is being worked on but after two days it's getting repetitive. Obviously it is not my connection at this point. :biggrin:
  • nticunticu Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My connection works well eneough to post here, at least give me a proper error message.
    edited January 2013
    I was unable to log onto Champions Online until late last night and again today I am unable to log on. This is getting sadly repetitive, I do hope they will fix it soon. I will try to keep 'the faith' that it is being worked on but after two days it's getting repetitive. Obviously it is not my connection at this point. :biggrin:

Mt connection is just fine my daughter has been playing guildwars this morning and DCUO works just fine ( first time I've fired it up in months)
  • turtlshellzturtlshellz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Neither of these games are updating the launcher for me, each tries three times and then shuts down. I have access to all of the other MMO's I own just not these two that Cryptic/PWE operate. Anyway here's to hoping they fix it soon. An update would be nice.
  • everythingzen79everythingzen79 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm getting same thing. Pissed
  • mrinfinitummrinfinitum Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same started here this afternoon/evening, January 29th. I was on fine just a couple hours earlier, now no go...hope it is in reference to the work that is supposedly being done as we speak. =)