Bug: Overlarge Icon - Costume Unlock > Shoulder Raven
    Where: AH/Inventory. On Live & PTS

Also for fun. New Vehicle. dino3-17.gif

arachnidscreenshot_2016-05-14-21-45-56_zpszlfppoyg.jpg~original
    arachnidscreenshot_2016-05-14-21-46-06_zpso2cdw1vr.jpg~original
    arachnidscreenshot_2016-05-14-21-56-54_zpsffypmxbs.jpg~original​​
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Wow...there is a bunch in this patch. I'm not going to try and cover everything, as I think several people have already done better on that front than I could ever hope to...I'm just going to offer a few suggestions:

1.) I agree with Silverspar and several others about some of the names provided. Thrash would work better as Maul, and I also agree that Feint seems a poor name for a Bestial Supernatural attack. For Antagonize, how about calling it Ferocity?

2.) I really love that we're getting daggers. The energy dagger is pretty shiny, but I'm not fully sold on the other one. I know we're going with a theme here, but I really feel it'd work better as just a flat blade, sans the light bar. It doesn't really work as is.

I would also not be opposed to getting a variant of the energy dagger made from solid matter. The gaps would be kind of odd, but I could live with that for a very shiny knife. I would also very much like to see a proper knife set added to the C-store at some point in the future. Possibly with a sai?

3.) The giant spider is all kind of weird as far as color schemes. I don't mind that really, but it kind of detracts from using it with tech based characters. I'd really like it if it came in two or three more color schemes. I'd especially like one that doesn't look anything like the Mechanon drones. Maybe gold or black?

Also: Could we get the AI boss from the Socrates mission, and the nanobot boss from Steel Crusade as skins? Bonus points if you can do a steampunk color scheme for the Nanobot one. We could really use a steampunk skin or four...

4.) As previously noted, the Spider armor has some issues. It needs to have some glow effects added, as well a getting some texture issues resolved (the shoulders were the big one I notices.) I do love the aesthetic though. You did a great job capturing what the art had in mind. I also look forward to seeing how it meshes with the Spider legs :)
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User

BUGS with New Bestial;

Suggestions for Bestial Powers;

• Feint feels a bit too fast, like it's missing an in between. Probably not something on the fix list, but putting that out there.

Gouge, maybe? It almost sounds too redundant next to the other power names, though.

The lack of a visual swing effect makes me think it's supposed to be an actual feint, but the damage, sound, and Trauma don't really support that.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,519 Arc User
    Small QoL suggestion for the Kigatilik cosmic. Would it be possible to give the frost hounds numbers 1-2-3-4 (or some other identifier)? That would help immensely in relocating a specific one during a battle (e.g. if a tank dies and tries to find his/her dog again).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    BUG : Steel Arachnid shoulders do not appear in "both". Right shoulder is missing material options.

BUG ? : The steel arachnid back piece is lacking a material option.

BUG ? : The dripping venom aura cannot be colored

BUG ? : The main color on the whole set is the fourth channel. As it is bugged it makes the set cluncky to color.

SUGGESTION : The second channel on the whole set is just asking to glow but doesn't, not even the head. Please make it glow, it would make 100% sense.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
    @stellariodragon

Spirit Wolf? Where?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Small QoL suggestion for the Kigatilik cosmic. Would it be possible to give the frost hounds numbers 1-2-3-4 (or some other identifier)? That would help immensely in relocating a specific one during a battle (e.g. if a tank dies and tries to find his/her dog again).

Instead of numbers, could give them each a flavor name.

Raging Hound
    Rabid Hound
    Angered Hound
    Crazed Hound

Looks nicer and more lore-y and also helps to identify them.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

@stellariodragon

Spirit Wolf? Where?

It's apparently a new choice in Command Animals.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited May 2016

@stellariodragon
    Spirit Wolf? Where?

It's apparently a new choice in Command Animals.
    whew... for a second there I was worried that I might have to work in a 4th pet ability onto Shion...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    Yup. Its for command animals. Pretty shiny too, you can color the wolves whatever color you want. Would make pretty shiny energy constructs for a GL homage.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Steel Arachnid looks quite fabulous, great job! :+1:

Suggestion:
    Please make the gem on the chest piece a separate (Emblem Front, Chest Accessory etc...).
  • crashjrivecrashjrive Posts: 47 Arc User
    What's this Nightmare Invasion thing on the PTS? I can't find any news about it.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

What's this Nightmare Invasion thing on the PTS? I can't find any news about it.

Was previously in testing, originally to be before foxbatcon, got put off.
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Whilst the block aura effect is, uh.. cool and spooky, I really do feel like an obligatory shadow-like aura effect will conflict with more themes than strengthen them. We already have a lot of shadow/darkness auras available, and while it's cool to see one activate while blocking, I can only speak for myself when I say that I will refrain from picking it on a lot of characters where I otherwise would, because it makes absolutely no sense for them to get shrouded in spooky darkness when they pull their arms up.

Suggestion: Mayhaps change the VFX of the new block, something less intrusive on theme. Maybe just an eye-aura or two, if not something else.​​
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Suggestion:
    Add a 3 point adv to the bestial block that staggers x% damage for 10 seconds after block. I think that would synergize well with bestials good self healing but bad spike damage management.
    edited May 2016

Whilst the block aura effect is, uh.. cool and spooky, I really do feel like an obligatory shadow-like aura effect will conflict with more themes than strengthen them. We already have a lot of shadow/darkness auras available, and while it's cool to see one activate while blocking, I can only speak for myself when I say that I will refrain from picking it on a lot of characters where I otherwise would, because it makes absolutely no sense for them to get shrouded in spooky darkness when they pull their arms up.

Suggestion: Mayhaps change the VFX of the new block, something less intrusive on theme. Maybe just an eye-aura or two, if not something else.​​

The aura is important because it gives the player visual feedback about the presence of the buff.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

The aura is important because it gives the player visual feedback about the presence of the buff.

Other blocks have buffs that persist without a visual (fluidity buff, retaliation, darkness block, etc). Buff icons under character portrait are enough.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Even though I don't pvp, a common reason for giving skills obvious animations, is so that pvp'rs can easily tell when it's in use.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!

spinnytop said:

Other blocks have buffs that persist without a visual (fluidity buff, retaliation, darkness block, etc). Buff icons under character portrait are enough.
    They should also have auras.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,828 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Mechanical Monstrosity does get more powerful w/ higher ranks (dmg done per swipe and base health boosted), though the lack of details in the power outline don't really convey this (base dmg values, pet powers used, etc). I assume this is a work in progress though, ofc.

-
    I'm somewhat confused why a powerful set like Bestial SN is getting even more work to it, but since the changes are coming, mine as well analyze a bit..

Some of the bugs have already been mentioned (like Eviscerate ending bleeds when not fully charged), so I'll try not to retread them.

BUG: Eviscerate applies Rupture on bleeding targets when charged, as expected, but the 'Deep Wounds' aspect doesn't seem to be working (no DoT/debuff, no bleed apply lockout).

BUG: The Rabies adv on Bite doesn't seem to have any chance to apply Poison on charge and can only work on tap, and the Poison apply aspect isn't mentioned on its in-game description in any case.

BUG: When channeling Thrash, the character's lower body still engages in the anim of w/e travel power they have active, leading to disjointed anims when moving around.

BUG: Ranking up Feint doesn't seem to change the damage or stun value.

BUG: AotB's tooltip description (not the power outline description) doesn't state that it can also proc off of poisons.

I'd prob also make the graphical effect for Antagonize be reflected on or near the hands like most normal block effects, instead of being more like a powerful temp dark aura, as the latter may be a bit too disruptive visual for themed builds.

The baseline linger effect for Antagonize seems to be a bit much, imo. I'd consider rolling some of the bonuses into a special adv, or maybe make Quills a 2-3pt adv that also grants the knock/repel resistance portion (since it seems to be built as a 1pt adv, given its low-ish proc rate on bleed/poison, and the bug w/ rank 3 being 1-pt instead), and keep the movement increases as the baseline.

The new AT also looks a bit too similar to the Savage, imo. Makes me question if we really need 2 ATs for one powerset that are both primarily melee and would appear to play quite similarly. At least the Glacier and Icicle, for ex, have Icicle Spear, Rimefire, Wall of Ice, Snowstorm, and/or Avalanche separating their playstyles a good bit, and w/ very diff roles aside (pure dps vs pure tank, not pure dps vs hybrid). Similar deal w/ the Automaton vs. the Invincible, or the Master vs. the Fist.
    The main diff here seems to be Eviscerate for a Rupture playstyle, which is nice to differentiate the Predator more, but then I may make Eviscerate mandatory and remove Massacre (so the latter is the Savage's purview) and replace it w/ Feint- or something like that to further differentiate them.
    Its minor, but Supernatural Power is still unlocked at 25, not 15 as listed (although it'd be a nice QoL boost to get the EU sooner for all ATs that have them).
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User

Well, to be blunt about it, the Supernatural sets are just that, supernatural. Their effects are intended to not look natural and thus will leave auras and such. Perhaps the block will be used on something else in the future.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    I haven't seen anyone bring this up. The Skill Trainer's Store got altered in the same patch when Karneeki became the store by Defender. You can't sell to them at all now. Was this intentional? Or a mistake?

• meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »

I'm all for visual indication other than an animation that might get lost between other animations, but a shroud in darkness with a dim glow around it seems to be something entirely different from what I'd see in a Bestial set. I was suggesting a change in VFX, like perhaps a pulse effect at the arms, or anything else that doesn't imply that you do some weird menacing lurk/stealth when blocking.​​
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
This discussion has been closed.