test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic doesn't care about Champions Online and is leaving it to rot.

KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
Oh wait, except they totally do. I look forward to, in the coming months and perhaps years, watching some of you people going through the growing pains of turning your scowls into smiles. Yes yes, I know, some of you will just keep scowling as hard as you can, only smiling in secret where nobody can see you so that you can maintain the front you've so passionately defended as being the "realistic" one.

I've long said "If they do something new... like new new... like gameplay new, then I'll get excited". Well, I'm excited. This is new. Like really new. It even involves pvp, and pvping to get new gear, and geniusly enough in a way that gets us away from the usual "Bash is unfair" dynamic.

So all you people who were wondering if this move to the new/old studio was a good one... there's your answer.


Q the "But they didn't..." responses.
Post edited by KagamiTheMagicalCatGerl on
«13

Comments

  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 446 Arc User
    I am pretty excited about the new Onslaught system, and cautiously optimistic about the supposed other new content coming soon:

    So there you have it, folks. Supervillain Onslaught is the first of many new updates coming to Champions Online in the coming months.

    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/335/feature/10007/Get-Ready-to-Unleash-Your-Inner-Villain.html/page/1

    If that actually proves to be true, I will be extremely happy.

    The-Grand-Nagus
    Join Date: Sep 2008

    og9Zoh0.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 446 Arc User
    Que the "But they didn't..." responses.

    Also, it's "cue". We don't have enough players for a queue =P

    The-Grand-Nagus
    Join Date: Sep 2008

    og9Zoh0.jpg
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    But it must be in maintenance mode because all the bitter CoX "vets" told me so!
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    grumpy_cat_keep_calm-343510.jpg?i

    I want to smile!


    =^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    I'm going to have to fire up PTS to see how hype this is. Also, it's always been weird to me that the Public Test Server is named the way it is because PTS is kind of a loaded trio of letters.

    Also also, people sure get mad when they're not allowed to play with their CoX.​​
    10dsf81.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    I was only able to hit PTS for a little while this afternoon, but when I was there it was a blast! Fought Arkayne as Gravitar, then Grond dropped in on us, and after we beat Gravy and Grond left, Biff turned into Gravitar and the fun continued. (Then I had to leave so we could pick up the puppy that we hope will one day be our daughter's assistance dog, so I still haven't tried becoming a supervillain myself...)​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    At first test, my verdict is that this is super hype. Grond actually has his super jump, and based on range and grandiosity of his attacks he feels super villain powerful. Gravitar was a bit confusing and I wasn't actually able to activate the majority of her powers............ so yeah, there's actually some depth to these characters beyond your typical become device and you'll have to actually spend a bit of time learning how to work them. I sense there will be a vicious battle going on between the "how to villain" guides and the "how to anti-villain" guides.

    Numbers n stuff need tweaking, as expected, so we'll see how that goes.
  • KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    nepht wrote: »
    But it must be in maintenance mode because all the bitter CoX "vets" told me so!

    Well how would you feel if your CoX was taken away from you?






    :smiley:
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    nepht wrote: »
    But it must be in maintenance mode because all the bitter CoX "vets" told me so!

    Well how would you feel if your CoX was taken away from you?






    :smiley:


    Are you going to go all Lorena Bobbitt?
    ​​
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

    Well how would you feel if your CoX was taken away from you?

    I paid to get mine taken away :D

    35295780.jpg


    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2015
    Using a become device is really new, unique gameplay gameplay? Good thing we never had it before in Resistance or Aftershock.

    So... Why were you complaining when the Steel Crusade was releaesed? It had new maps and even enemies with passives. It was damn new and innovative!

    So far it's still realism vs you 2:0, because you were whining so hard about powers being sold and now it's another ultimate power for lockbox heading to PTS.


    So you are getting new development in return for monetization of new powers. Exactly as you were told it may be.

    Something tells me that someone's predictions turned to be a bit more accurate than your procrastinations...​​
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    So all you people who were wondering if this move to the new/old studio was a good one... there's your answer.
    So all you people who were wondering if this move to the new/old studio was a good one... there's your answer.

    Everyone at Cryptic North, who worked hard to bring us new content lost their job and you can see the bright and shiny in that betrayal?

    How far do you have to put your head up your own rear end to see sunshine?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2015
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    I'm digging it. you naysayers will always be naysayers, for you know no other way to be.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Oh wait, except they totally do. I look forward to, in the coming months and perhaps years, watching some of you people going through the growing pains of turning your scowls into smiles. Yes yes, I know, some of you will just keep scowling as hard as you can, only smiling in secret where nobody can see you so that you can maintain the front you've so passionately defended as being the "realistic" one.

    I've long said "If they do something new... like new new... like gameplay new, then I'll get excited". Well, I'm excited. This is new. Like really new. It even involves pvp, and pvping to get new gear, and geniusly enough in a way that gets us away from the usual "Bash is unfair" dynamic.

    So all you people who were wondering if this move to the new/old studio was a good one... there's your answer.


    Q the "But they didn't..." responses.

    What most encouraged me was placing Arkayne as lead design, someone familiar with the old system and with motivation to make it better. That and having Splosions back on the team.

    Their resources are still pretty limited, but there does seem to be a willingness to invest in the game. I'm not sure how Onslaught will pay off in the long run, but I'm encouraged. "Onslaught is the first of many new updates coming to Champions Online in the coming months." was the line that filled me with the most hope, and while hope in CO frequently lead to heartbreak, with NWN and STO both doing well, this is probably the optimal time from Cryptic's perspective to invest in CO and try to rebuild it into a third successful MMO. So I'm guardedly optimistic.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    As someone who doesn't like Pvp, I think it's actually quite good. I got to see Mrhinkypunk dueling someone(with a LOOOOOONNNGG name) in villain mode. it was funny, the purple gang guys kept running over to them to attack.
    I think they are going to be hilarious for villain monologues as you run around the city with heroes trying to find you.
    yes wasting the days item to just have fun. Grond chorus line anyone?

    If you don't want to get pasted as fast, organise with a few friends to make up a group of Villains(well unless you can find lackeys)

    Hopefully they will fix the devices;
    so you don't lose them when you die (before the time has run out)
    the timer starts when you use it, rather than when you get it.
    you can remove it from your device tray without losing it.

    Yes it has potential for greifing, however, if people yell out in zone, same as with PvP problems at Kodiak, they can be dealt with.



    They have finally remembered or realized that they should NOT make it an hourly event or people will just spam it and at the end of a week go , "I'm bored"

    The drop/reward rate is low but you are going for Rampage gear. It's not meant to be easy to get.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    nepht wrote: »
    But it must be in maintenance mode because all the bitter CoX "vets" told me so!

    This blaming COX vets for everything schtick needs to stop. Plenty of CoX vets have continued to actively support this game with their hard earned $$ over the years. And plenty of CO old-timers have spurted out the maintenance mode complaint.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    riverocean wrote: »
    nepht wrote: »
    But it must be in maintenance mode because all the bitter CoX "vets" told me so!

    This blaming COX vets for everything schtick needs to stop. Plenty of CoX vets have continued to actively support this game with their hard earned $$ over the years. And plenty of CO old-timers have spurted out the maintenance mode complaint.​​

    tumblr_maxts4GrEJ1rop03zo1_400.png


    Yeah a CoX player like myself I've put plenty of cash into this game. You seem to not understand what a "CoX vet" is and how it differs from a "CoX player" .

    A CoX player (like myself ) is someone who played said game for many a happy year until the game sadly shut.

    A CoX vet is a hipster that only played City of Heroes the last few weeks of its life because it was "trending" makes out they have played it for years then goes to other mmo forums and posts stuff like this as their first ever post.

    ( OH and later on in that thread they created an alt account just to agree with themselves you get bonus points if you can spot it :D )

    The actions of so called CoX "vets" across the MMO community have made normal innocent City players the vegans of gaming. We are all getting tarred by the same brush because of these idiots.

    Once the CoX "vets" stop s*** posting I will stop making fun of then. Until then the schtick continues.


    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    Using a become device is really new, unique gameplay gameplay? Good thing we never had it before in Resistance or Aftershock.

    So... Why were you complaining when the Steel Crusade was releaesed? It had new maps and even enemies with passives. It was damn new and innovative!

    So far it's still realism vs you 2:0, because you were whining so hard about powers being sold and now it's another ultimate power for lockbox heading to PTS.


    So you are getting new development in return for monetization of new powers. Exactly as you were told it may be.

    Something tells me that someone's predictions turned to be a bit more accurate than your procrastinations...​​

    Oh look, one of the scowlers got their jimmys rustled.


    I'm going to be a cool person and actually respond seriously to you:
    If you're going to compare those things to the onslaught system, then I can't take you seriously.


    You are giving a great example of how people are going to react to the growing pains though :smiley:
  • KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    So all you people who were wondering if this move to the new/old studio was a good one... there's your answer.
    So all you people who were wondering if this move to the new/old studio was a good one... there's your answer.

    Everyone at Cryptic North, who worked hard to bring us new content lost their job and you can see the bright and shiny in that betrayal?

    How far do you have to put your head up your own rear end to see sunshine?

    Someone already responded to you about how you're wrong and I can't think of something funny to say about how you can't see anything I'm doing seeing as you've got your head so far up your own butt that you look like an inverted Uroburos. Go take some screen shots or something. :wink:
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    So all you people who were wondering if this move to the new/old studio was a good one... there's your answer.
    So all you people who were wondering if this move to the new/old studio was a good one... there's your answer.

    Everyone at Cryptic North, who worked hard to bring us new content lost their job and you can see the bright and shiny in that betrayal?

    How far do you have to put your head up your own rear end to see sunshine?

    Someone already responded to you about how you're wrong and I can't think of something funny to say about how you can't see anything I'm doing seeing as you've got your head so far up your own butt that you look like an inverted Uroburos. Go take some screen shots or something. :wink:

    I think the phrase you're looking for is "human Klein bottle".

    tumblr_lf6p9fzCUw1qdktfdo1_500.jpg
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User

    I think the phrase you're looking for is "human Klein bottle".

    tumblr_lf6p9fzCUw1qdktfdo1_500.jpg
    hmm, fill with beer.... somehow. hand to drunk. start filming.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,770 Arc User
    I was with some "CoX vets" recently on a trip, and they did make it clear that they did not want the game to fail. I didn't really see the hipster attitude, and I was in the heart of hipsterland at the time. In fact, they brought up a lot of concerns about the starting experience that I keep pushing for the devs to think about. I don't think we're putting ourselves in the shoes of new players enough.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Community Moderator
    chaelk wrote: »

    I think the phrase you're looking for is "human Klein bottle".

    tumblr_lf6p9fzCUw1qdktfdo1_500.jpg
    hmm, fill with beer.... somehow. hand to drunk. start filming.

    Never doubt a determined drunkard. Tip it sideways and over slightly. That thing will be empty in seconds!​​
    biffsig.jpg
  • KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    Hopefully they will fix the devices;
    so you don't lose them when you die (before the time has run out)
    the timer starts when you use it, rather than when you get it.
    you can remove it from your device tray without losing it.
    ​​

    I'm not sure all of those are fixes. The last one definitely, but it might be intended that you lose it when you die? And the timer starting when it does might be to encourage
    I was with some "CoX vets" recently on a trip, and they did make it clear that they did not want the game to fail. I didn't really see the hipster attitude, and I was in the heart of hipsterland at the time. In fact, they brought up a lot of concerns about the starting experience that I keep pushing for the devs to think about. I don't think we're putting ourselves in the shoes of new players enough.

    CoX vets according to the definition Nepht gave?
  • KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    To show just how much I believe in this team of MAVERICK ROGUE DEVS, I have gone LTS.


    And immediately regretted it because I now have 21 empty FF slots that I do not know what to do with.... I think I'll just ignore the button that brings me to other pages...


    So there you go scowlers... a big chunk of "Youre doing the right thing Cryptic!" money. s( U w U )z
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    nepht wrote: »
    But it must be in maintenance mode because all the bitter CoX "vets" told me so!

    Lol. Playing with some monsters which are already in the game in maps which are already in the game too since so many years.
    It's true, this must be an awesome "content" for those who turn around in the same 6 maps until 5 years.

    Cox Veterans, or CO veterans are totally wrong. Lol.
    Ps: Before to be cynic and trying to laugh about others, you should look at what the other new content MMOs have every year. Every each of them. Possible that the ridiculous doesn't on the good side of your words ;)
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    To show just how much I believe in this team of MAVERICK ROGUE DEVS, I have gone LTS.


    And immediately regretted it because I now have 21 empty FF slots that I do not know what to do with.... I think I'll just ignore the button that brings me to other pages...


    So there you go scowlers... a big chunk of "Youre doing the right thing Cryptic!" money. s( U w U )z

    Good for you! Gratz, GG on all that jazz! ;)
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    To show just how much I believe in this team of MAVERICK ROGUE DEVS, I have gone LTS.


    And immediately regretted it because I now have 21 empty FF slots that I do not know what to do with.... I think I'll just ignore the button that brings me to other pages...


    So there you go scowlers... a big chunk of "Youre doing the right thing Cryptic!" money. s( U w U )z

    welcome to my world, about 20 characters in transit and I still have 14 free slots. Good thing I can't make up my mind or maybe this is because i can't make up my mind.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    nepht wrote: »
    But it must be in maintenance mode because all the bitter CoX "vets" told me so!

    Lol. Playing with some monsters which are already in the game in maps which are already in the game too since so many years.
    It's true, this must be an awesome "content" for those who turn around in the same 6 maps until 5 years.

    Cox Veterans, or CO veterans are totally wrong. Lol.
    Ps: Before to be cynic and trying to laugh about others, you should look at what the other new content MMOs have every year. Every each of them. Possible that the ridiculous doesn't on the good side of your words ;)

    Yeah... the stuff you typed... it's there.
  • cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    Every each of them, tho.​​
    10dsf81.png
  • KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    cynicool wrote: »
    Every each of them, tho.​​

    Has the world gone mad?! D8<
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    nepht wrote: »
    But it must be in maintenance mode because all the bitter CoX "vets" told me so!

    Lol. Playing with some monsters which are already in the game in maps which are already in the game too since so many years.
    It's true, this must be an awesome "content" for those who turn around in the same 6 maps until 5 years.
    Yeah, that must be why WoW failed. Oh, wait...​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    nepht wrote: »
    But it must be in maintenance mode because all the bitter CoX "vets" told me so!

    Lol. Playing with some monsters which are already in the game in maps which are already in the game too since so many years.
    It's true, this must be an awesome "content" for those who turn around in the same 6 maps until 5 years.

    Cox Veterans, or CO veterans are totally wrong. Lol.
    Ps: Before to be cynic and trying to laugh about others, you should look at what the other new content MMOs have every year. Every each of them. Possible that the ridiculous doesn't on the good side of your words ;)

    First up learn some English. English is my third tongue yet I don't type like Yoda. I will reply "to be cynic" when I understand what the hell you are on about ;)
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    jonsills said:



    gaelyn1 wrote: »


    nepht wrote: »

    But it must be in maintenance mode because all the bitter CoX "vets" told me so!


    Lol. Playing with some monsters which are already in the game in maps which are already in the game too since so many years.

    It's true, this must be an awesome "content" for those who turn around in the same 6 maps until 5 years.

    Yeah, that must be why WoW failed. Oh, wait...​​

    Wow have a lot of content, not an alert or a monsterplay every year. And not only re-use of monsters. Every mmos have a lot of content on a regular basis.
    Co also perhaps ? Oh wait...

  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    The engrish is so strong here, it made me come back to the forums to read it...


    =^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    nepht said:


    First up learn some English. English is my third tongue yet I don't type like Yoda. I will reply "to be cynic" when I understand what the hell you are on about ;)

    Really ? i understand when you type but you're not understand when i type ? Strange, but probably this means you're better than me, no doubt. Then if you're as good in foreign languages as you said, you will "perhaps" be able to understand me correctly in another language i speak perfectly this time.
    "Je pense que tu es souvent à la rue dans tes points de vue et comme toute personne à la pensée étroite, tu refuses de voir et surtout de comprendre l'avis des autres quand cela touche à ton petit jeu chéri et à cet égard fais preuve d'un maximum de mauvaise foi et d'agressivité inutile envers les autres, l'argument des faibles dirons nous, en tentant de toucher à leur crédibilité comme seule argumentation."
    I wish you good luck if this can help you. If it's not sufficient, i suggest you to try to learn it, or perhaps i can try with another language too. Be free to ask :)
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I have given up trying to understand you.

    After all, I don't associate with Djinn.
  • snazzymcpantssnazzymcpants Posts: 9 Arc User
    gaelyn1 said:


    "Je pense que tu es souvent à la rue dans tes points de vue et comme toute personne à la pensée étroite, tu refuses de voir et surtout de comprendre l'avis des autres quand cela touche à ton petit jeu chéri et à cet égard fais preuve d'un maximum de mauvaise foi et d'agressivité inutile envers les autres, l'argument des faibles dirons nous, en tentant de toucher à leur crédibilité comme seule argumentation."


  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    I have said many times. I would sub to this game if they made a new level cap zone or made Help a citizen for level capped characters.
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    so those people saying how many up dates other games get. How much money do they get in?
    TSW has updates, all of which you have to pay for. That's after you pay to download the game.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    gaelyn1 said:

    Je pense que tu es souvent à la rue dans tes points de vue et comme toute personne à la pensée étroite, tu refuses de voir et surtout de comprendre l'avis des autres quand cela touche à ton petit jeu chéri et à cet égard fais preuve d'un maximum de mauvaise foi et d'agressivité inutile envers les autres, l'argument des faibles dirons nous, en tentant de toucher à leur crédibilité comme seule argumentation.

    *dirons-nous

    Un trait d'union est nécessaire entre un impératif et un pronom complément.

    ;)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Guys, Nintendo has the answer.

    We'll just sell real life figurines with little usb sticks attached to them that you jam into a USB port to unlock new content for like 13 bucks. Because apparently that's all it takes to make people no longer be outraged over paid DLC?

    http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/08/shovel-knight-amiibo/
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    chaelk said:

    so those people saying how many up dates other games get. How much money do they get in?
    TSW has updates, all of which you have to pay for. That's after you pay to download the game.

    This might be a valid point if there wasn't already a history of developers, resources and funds being siphoned off Champions to work on other projects instead.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

    Guys, Nintendo has the answer.

    We'll just sell real life figurines with little usb sticks attached to them that you jam into a USB port to unlock new content for like 13 bucks. Because apparently that's all it takes to make people no longer be outraged over paid DLC?

    http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/08/shovel-knight-amiibo/

    In the words of Carrie Kelley, "Old news, boss." Disney Infinity and Skylanders have both been out for a while now, and that's pretty much their business model.

    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    jonsills said:

    spinnytop said:

    Guys, Nintendo has the answer.

    We'll just sell real life figurines with little usb sticks attached to them that you jam into a USB port to unlock new content for like 13 bucks. Because apparently that's all it takes to make people no longer be outraged over paid DLC?

    http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/08/shovel-knight-amiibo/

    In the words of Carrie Kelley, "Old news, boss." Disney Infinity and Skylanders have both been out for a while now, and that's pretty much their business model.

    Sure, but in this case what they're selling is co-op multiplayer. Couch co-op multiplayer u.u
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,770 Arc User
    Is this a joke topic?

    Im shocked it still stands
    Psi.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    cryneting said:

    Is this a joke topic?

    Im shocked it still stands


    The very first sentence in the OP makes it clear(well, except to you) that the title is a sarcastic dig at the people who say that kind of thing seriously.

    The-Grand-Nagus
    Join Date: Sep 2008

    og9Zoh0.jpg
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    just beause it doesn't make sense, doesn't mean we won't discuss it.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Sign In or Register to comment.