Install Arc
Options

Extra Life CO Stream, 10/25 @ 10am PDT

2»

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    While I don't disagree that there's a lower value attached with the CO perks than the STO and NW perks, I do have to disagree that CO players were included as an afterthought. While I wasn't part of the planning committee for this -- this was a Community team project, and I'm in the Product Management team -- CO was part of the schedule from the beginning, and Champs was the first game to have a list of prizes we'd use. I built that prize list from what I had available and what could be easily handed out.

As for the Twitter account, uh, that's not our account. Twitter isn't my first priority, so it isn't too active, but we're @championsffa.

Champions $1337 for a single vehicle and a title as a Reward compared to NWO & STO $50 for two vehicles, companions, titles as Rewards. Heck, STO and NWO players get rewarded with some logitech gear, sweaters, gaming store mega packs and promotions and even help boost a reward for everyone else who plays the game. Something that promotes the charity and the community better.

The prizes suggests that Champions' players' money is not valued as much as the other games' players.

It may not have been an afterthought, but the delivery suggests it was in every aspect. You can't get Champions Online to improve if the company doesn't even show that they respect its players. We're quite literally the red-headed step child of Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    While I don't disagree that there's a lower value attached with the CO perks than the STO and NW perks ... I built that prize list from what I had available and what could be easily handed out.

Then why didn't you do something about changing it since you were the one building the prize list? Are you serious?
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2014
    Then why didn't you do something about changing it since you were the one building the prize list? This is very insulting.

I don't have as much ammunition as the NW and STO team do, sadly. There may be a number of CO promotional items, but if so, they were primarily used in the distant past, and I can't easily identify them. Using pre-order content runs into awkward territory -- maybe we might re-release them at some point, but I didn't want to rush into it without thinking it through. Other items, maybe lockbox prizes or in-game rarities like Therakiel's Sword, could potentially be used, but I felt antsy putting more lockbox prizes in there or putting a price tag (even in donations) on in-game content people could earn. Potentially we could have used legacy items, I know people were throwing that around, but RadioScience has already said that they haven't forgotten about those, and I don't want to step on toes.

I'm sorry that you feel insulted. I tried to make the livestream a place that was positive and upbeat, but I mostly relied on my personality and the cause we were helping to push that.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do we really have to turn this into a "PWE hates CO players" thing again?

I doubt there was any malice involved. It was most likely much simpler than that:

PWE decided to participate in this. The coordinator of the effort went to the management of each of PWE's games that were slated to be involved and said, "Hey, we're going to do this Extra Life thing. Give me a donation gift tier list by Friday." Each individual manager put together a list for that team's game and turned it in, then the coordinator went with what he was given.

I'm not arguing that it'd be nice if the donation lists were of relative equal comparison, but must we really turn a donation drive into a battleground?
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    witchgunwitchgun Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its not TT's fault or the current Dev teams. I imagine they are unsure on what stuff lurks in the depths of CO that could be useful prizes. However the prizes were sort of secondary to this. They are doing the best with what is available. Whilst I agree champs could certainly do with more love at least we are getting mentioned these days. We used to get utterly ignored till CN formed. I do understand the frustraitions though for sure, it sure wouldn't hurt to push it a little. CO though is at least more noticed than it has been in a while. That has to be a sign of some improvement. One can but hope at least.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i'm with the previous two posters.

I was rattled by the Twitter account thing, but I have a good enough explanation for it now, even if it is a bit of a mystery, I can see what happened there.

The Livestream and donation event was perfectly fine though. Maybe TT can arrange for the Champions Online donations values to be tallied and see if we maybe rate a Double XP weekend or something for the entire game out of it?

I had to work and couldn't catch the second stream, but I know the first one was a rousing success right out of the gate.

Also, it was a pleasure leading the Stream team for you, so you could focus on the Stream chatter and just fight. Happy to help any old time. :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I don't have as much ammunition as the NW and STO team do, sadly. There may be a number of CO promotional items, but if so, they were primarily used in the distant past, and I can't easily identify them. Using pre-order content runs into awkward territory -- maybe we might re-release them at some point, but I didn't want to rush into it without thinking it through. Other items, maybe lockbox prizes or in-game rarities like Therakiel's Sword, could potentially be used, but I felt antsy putting more lockbox prizes in there or putting a price tag (even in donations) on in-game content people could earn. Potentially we could have used legacy items, I know people were throwing that around, but RadioScience has already said that they haven't forgotten about those, and I don't want to step on toes.

I'm sorry that you feel insulted. I tried to make the livestream a place that was positive and upbeat, but I mostly relied on my personality and the cause we were helping to push that.

Open communication with players who know all about this stuff. Plenty of them want to donate their time into helping the dev team keep track and find everything. Use that. Use that. Use that.
    kallethen wrote: »
    I'm not arguing that it'd be nice if the donation lists were of relative equal comparison, but must we really turn a donation drive into a battleground?

Must we let them use a donation drive as an excuse for obvious repetitive treatment of favoring Cryptic's other two games over Champions. I'm sick and tired of hearing excuses. NWO was treated better than Champions before it was even formed into a coherent program. To the point that it sucked the life blood out of Champions monetarily and took the attention of the dev team from it.

Champions is where it is because Cryptic let it recede. Its not as profitable because they purposefully neglected it. And every decision Cryptic has made shows it.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Any updates on player rewards?
  • Options
    dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Any updates on player rewards?

I second that. Nothing since the stream took place.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    People are starting to ask questions over on the NW and STO boards too with no responses.

Looks like Cryptic and/or PWE have severely dropped the ball (again) on this.

That said, I heard of one person who got something in Swordsman...except it was only valid for THREE days and when he contacted support about it (because he didn't check his mail daily and it expired) they told him to @#$! off.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That'd be why my gaming charity begins and ends with the humble bundle.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    People are starting to ask questions over on the NW and STO boards too with no responses.

Looks like Cryptic and/or PWE have severely dropped the ball (again) on this.

That said, I heard of one person who got something in Swordsman...except it was only valid for THREE days and when he contacted support about it (because he didn't check his mail daily and it expired) they told him to @#$! off.

It's a tech issue.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Curious and Curiouser
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm guessing no further info yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    No news yet. I figured we would just be kept in the dark.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    All the AFs and the Timewarp rewards are in the queue, and the Hospital Hero title is set up. The Meatiator AF hit some setbacks, so until that's ready (January) we're hooking people up with the Iris Irregular and LordGar AFs until then. I'm verifying that everything is good with the print before I start emailing people asking for a US address to ship to.

Thanks everyone for your patience, and helping us do some good in the world. Happy holidays, folks.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    All the AFs and the Timewarp rewards are in the queue, and the Hospital Hero title is set up. The Meatiator AF hit some setbacks, so until that's ready (January) we're hooking people up with the Iris Irregular and LordGar AFs until then. I'm verifying that everything is good with the print before I start emailing people asking for a US address to ship to.

Thanks everyone for your patience, and helping us do some good in the world. Happy holidays, folks.

If we have certain AF can we get unbound ones?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    If we have certain AF can we get unbound ones?

I don't think that's feasible, but you can ticket in asking for a different dev's AF.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I don't think that's feasible, but you can ticket in asking for a different dev's AF.

Is there a list of Dev AF?

I know only of:

1. Trail Turtle
    2. Lord Gar
    3. The new one coming

If those are it I could pay it forward my TT and Lord Gar to another player.

What could be awesome down the road a player AF. Perhaps have the community vote on top three players to have an AF made.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is there a list of Dev AF?

I know only of:

1. Trail Turtle
    2. Lord Gar
    3. The new one coming

If those are it I could pay it forward my TT and Lord Gar to another player.

What could be awesome down the road a player AF. Perhaps have the community vote on top three players to have an AF made.

Before that, perhaps AFs of the boards all volunteer moderator team. Just a suggestion, of course.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    we're hooking people up with the Iris Irregular and LordGar AFs until then.
    How do we get them? In game mail?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    How do we get them? In game mail?

Well since I already have them, when I originally got mine they just appeared in my AF section. You can also try the oldest toon.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Update please.

The Meatiator AF?

Iris & Lord Gar AF? If you have these can you donate to someone else?

Signed Print?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Well since I already have them, when I originally got mine they just appeared in my AF section. You can also try the oldest toon.

I've been away for a bit. I did find the Iris and Gar figures were applied directly to my collection now. No sign of the Meatiator figure though, or indication when the art print is happening (looking forward to hanging that on the wall).

Forum title is applied though, that's nifty...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm posting here as:

1) I would like updates regarding the print.

2) I would like updates regarding the Meatiator AF.

3) I'd like some clarification on if the forum title will be lost to the apparently happening forum migration and what will happen if it is.

While I initially felt good providing some money for the charity, the followup over six months on actually getting the remaining rewards (particularly the print) has overall left this a remarkably negative experience.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It was already stated elsewhere that forum titles would be lost (but TT was going to investigate new forum functions I believe to see if they could be returned)

As for other rewards, I am still waiting for the Meatiator AF since the Costume Design Contest :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    AFs are super easy, yeah.

Yet...it's still not done. He did mention having the new team work on it...I don't think we are getting any AF and no prints.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I guess the lesson to be learned is not to contribute to any PWE sponsored charity that promises something in return unless that items has already been fabricated and can be viewed? Unless, of course, you just want to contribute to the charirty and don't care about getting anything back.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    So maybe I should hope for the print by Christmas 2015?
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Hmm you know, even though it's Charity, we can't ignore the fact that Cryptic didn't delivered the rewards
    and now People lost their Hospital Hero forum title with the Forum Migration

That's kind of Sad really.​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell​​
    Post edited by biffsmackwell on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell​​
    Post edited by biffsmackwell on
  • Options
    The print is hardly virtual - it was supposed to be a permanent reminder/thanks for those who contributed that much.

Even with shifts in personnel etc due to pwe restructures it does seem indicative of the corporate feeling (or lack thereof) towards customers. And this from me, a fanboi!
    ​​
  • Options
    I've started to see a few companies mentioning their plans for the Extra Life campaign this year. And yet here we still don't have a statement on the plan to fulfill (or not) the promised print.
  • Options
    djwinzadjwinza Posts: 60 Arc User
    I would love to have my gameplay of Champions Online produce money for children's hospitals, only drawback is Champions Online has forced my PC to restart completely and inexplicably within 10 minutes of logging on since Ravenswood was in beta.
  • Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    Hi, I'm curious, has there been any follow-up since the last posts from last year?

(Disclaimer - I wasn't a donor, but hope Cryptic committed to its own pledge, especially when in conjunction with a charity. Otherwise, it doesn't look very good for either organisation.)

Which leads me to the following questions to the donors please:

1.) Have they got your address to send the print? That's not technical.

2.) Have you received your AFs? I'd like to see the Meatiator AF sometime.

(FYI, the Devs or Customer Support DO have to manually flag these, there is a procedure. I was grateful TrailTurtle took care of it for me in mere days. As I understand it, it's taken a little longer than that.)

3.) Now we've changed forums, but I've seen custom titles (like Moderator, Hardsuit Labs Developer above, etc.) Have you been contacted on this?
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    1.) Have they got your address to send the print?
    No. No one has ever reached out to me from Cryptic regarding any of the rewards. I'm willing to contact someone, if they gave me a contact person.

I had the Iris & Lord Gar Action-Figure before this Extra-Life event but I was never rewarded a second set. I was hoping to get an unbound set to use in my Costume Contests. After having unanswered post Trail Turtle did responded with this:

However...I did not know what the other Action-Figures were and couldn't get a list. After tracking Trail Turtle in game he told me I could forward the Iris & Lord Gar AF to someone else but I would have to make a ticket through Customer Service. Why I had to make the extra steps to claim a reward that was owed to me, is still a mystery. But I did ask my friend who I passed the Iris & Lord Gar Action-Figure to and he did receive those. I have yet to be contacted about the Meatiator Action-Figure. In fact, I have never been contacted by Cryptic regarding any of the rewards, I had to make my own efforts to get a response. The actual last updates was even requested by me to Trail Turtle after I spoke to him in game.

At this point I have lost all faith in Cryptic to make good on their promise. It's a shame because this should of been a real positive experience. What I don't understand is, why offer something you do not have? I don't even think that the Meatiator employee is even part of Champions Online team (and I think Trail Turtle is gone as well). I think the only thing that would earn my faith in them is if they made me my own personal Action-Figure (since it was quoted by Trail Turtle that Action-Figured are "super easy" to make)

(FYI, the Devs or Customer Support DO have to manually flag these, there is a procedure. I was grateful TrailTurtle took care of it for me in mere days. As I understand it, it's taken a little longer than that.)

3.) Now we've changed forums, but I've seen custom titles (like Moderator, Hardsuit Labs Developer above, etc.) Have you been contacted on this?
    I have never been contacted by any Cryptic employees.
    Post edited by ealford1985 on
  • Options
    1.) Have they got your address to send the print?
    Nope.
    I got Iris and Gar. No sign of Meat.
    Nope.

• Options
    Hopefully this gets someone looking...

@crypticarkayne @trailturtle @ladygadfly @splosion @lordgar
  • Options
    ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
    You summoned me?

In all seriousness, making good on the Meatiator Action Figure and the Poster is something Arkayne and I are working on. Hopefully we'll have both for the participants soon. Sorry for the long delay!
  • Options

You summoned me?

In all seriousness, making good on the Meatiator Action Figure and the Poster is something Arkayne and I are working on. Hopefully we'll have both for the participants soon. Sorry for the long delay!

This is hopefully something...However (and this isn't aimed at you LadyGadfly) I have heard this before. Can we get a custom AF instead of this "Meatiator" AF...does he even have a in game look?
  • Options

This is hopefully something...However (and this isn't aimed at you LadyGadfly) I have heard this before. Can we get a custom AF instead of this "Meatiator" AF...does he even have a in game look?

I can think of several player characters it would be fun to have action figures of, including one of yours. :)

On a more serious note though, I was just just thinking about it and wondering: Has it ever been said just how many people actually donated into the range for the figures/print? Not saying that it should impact anything, just was wondering while checking the thread for news.
  • Options
    I've received direct email contact regarding getting the reward situation resolved, but didn't notice it for a few days because I don't check all my email accounts regularly. So anybody else waiting on rewards should make sure to keep an eye out for communication.
  • Options

I've received direct email contact regarding getting the reward situation resolved, but didn't notice it for a few days because I don't check all my email accounts regularly. So anybody else waiting on rewards should make sure to keep an eye out for communication.

I got the same but the guy was under the impression we were given out the AF.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Hey folks,

Wanted to give you an update on the Extra Life Rewards. The Meatiator Action Figure should already be granted to the receiving players. We got the posters printed, shipped to the original artist to sign, and recently got them back. We've shipped out the final signed posters to about a half-dozen of the winners and are trying to contact the rest.

Thanks again for participating and we apologize for the long delay. The studio transition caused a lots of hiccups and back-logs, and this was unfortunately one of them.

I have been unable to confirm the Meatiator AF but will as soon as I can.

Ps.

I hate the post memory these thing have. I mistakenly tagged like all the devs.
  • Options
    I now have my Meatiotor figure. It acted wierd in my list at first until I flipped between a few different characters, but now seems solid. Now just waiting on the print.
  • Options

I now have my Meatiotor figure. It acted wierd in my list at first until I flipped between a few different characters, but now seems solid. Now just waiting on the print.

The same. It was locked on Ratty but when I went to my first toon it was available and then available for all. Posted this in another thread:

@crypticarkayne

Iris Irregular Action-Figure: check
    Lord Gar Action-Figure: check
    Meatiator Action-Figure: check
    Signed print: uncheck PENDING
    Forum Title: Uncheck

The Meatiator AF is pretty awesome looking, he has such MEATS to show you! I think @eiledon took a screenshot. I am bummed I couldn't get a custom one but I am very grateful you guys are living up to your end up the bargain. It really is unfair that the new teams had to fix issues because the old team dropped the ball, but I am very appreciative.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    imgur.com/77JUN7S

grumblemumbeforums can't get embedded images to work now.. anyway fingers crossed they are also getting these out to the costume design contest winners as it was originally a prize for that too.​​
  • Options
    crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer

I am bummed I couldn't get a custom one but I am very grateful you guys are living up to your end up the bargain. It really is unfair that the new teams had to fix issues because the old team dropped the ball, but I am very appreciative.

When all is said and done, we really do want to do right by our players. I'm glad we're making headway on the deliveries; I just wish it hadn't taken so long.
  • Options
    Signed poster has arrived... Now finally get to hang it. :)