test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Robot Costume Contest

Comments

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    MyLittleAutomaton_zps64a74455.jpg

I see a character like this and I can't help but think, this is why we need stretchy arm punches. I can see that character flinging her fists out, like they were on chains.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    21e89ps.jpg

Shockwave

14bhy5c.jpg

Tarantula MK 2

I've got a ton more, just gotta get screenies.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How about the Defendroid Corps?

6FcRoLU.jpg
    Defendroid Prime, Alpha, Zeta, and Defender.

TSDjmHg.jpg
    and again.

uI1EBTs.jpg
    And the original Defendroid Prime costume file, courtesy of my friend.
    Defendroids were once a fairly common sight in millenium city. Feel free to recognize him.

Primus Database Info:
    Nationality: 100% USA parts and labor

Defendroids were once a common and welcome sight in Millennium City. Unwilling to be left behind in the superpowered arms race, Defender built 84 Defendroids to counter the Destroid threat. The Defendroids were combination superhero, licensed cop, and information kiosk. They had a distinctive manner of speech that, while kindly and enthusiastic, drew criticism and was often described as "orwellian."

Protestors and lobbyists eventually got the best of the Defendroid corps. The gleaming blue and white centurions were determined to be "off putting" and "tourism deterrents." After only a year of full deployment, the Defendroids were slowly taken off the streets. </p>

The last time that all 84 Defendroids were seen in action was september 7th, 2010: the date of the last major mega-destructoid incursion. The Defendroid Corps were mobilized to assist the MCPD in keeping the peace, and only a handful survived the night. Because the project had been scrapped, there was no attempt to recommission the damaged defendroids. They now sit in a warehouse, tended to by Defendroid Prime, who is forced to used them for spare parts when he is damaged.

Defendroid Prime was the first defendroid, and has logged the most active hours. His self learning algorithms have allowed him to become a rather productive member of society, though the memory files of his final days as part of a unit often conflict with his emotional synthesizing program.
    edited September 2014
    29oqwe0.jpg

Chibi Shockwave

14cya0l.jpg

D.R.A.G.O.N.

jl0yz4.jpg

Quasar.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited September 2014
    309mz5y.jpg

LogicBomb.EXE

16a5u00.jpg

Quasar MK 2. I got photobombed, so I just went with it.

snz67m.jpg

Raven. And yes, I do have a thing for turning animals into power armor or robots.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And this is....

tTXoEj7.jpg
    Dynamech, The Wonder Toy!
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Omega 9

th_Omega_9-Mk_4.jpg
  • azzamacazaazzamacaza Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here is my first ever CO character: Alpha (formerly known as A5-Z4)

Alpha.jpgCostume_Azzamacazza_Alpha_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_464578789.jpg

And here's my robot angel character: Cyberphim

Cyberphim_2.jpgCostume_Azzamacazza_Cyberphim_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_464579312.jpg
  • menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Need security
    can't sleep comfortable at night
    just plain afraid of your own shadow

than fear not

for the type D-04 Colt Enforcement Droid is here to make sure you never
    find yourself cornered in a dark alleyway

GAhYlnH.jpg
    Questionite alloy for that stainless steel hard shell and yet still able to accelerate to speeds as high as 50 mph.

- Someone helping themselves to your TV in the middle of the night, then heres something they should have been watching

- Cobra Lords giving you a rough day, how bout we turn those old wooden tables right back round

- Need someone to open that stubborn tin of paint, then this bad boy will consider it done

Buy one now and we'll throw in our lovely Miss Annie-Matronic into the package

Say Hi Annie
    AbARlOG.gif
    LUK8LIA.jpg
    so very....deadly oCobsL9.jpg

• xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    omg dat monkey! just..just give him all the rewards...
  • wraith9thwraith9th Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My two cents...

screenshot_2014-09-21-13-08-09_zpse0ea3223.jpg

screenshot_2014-09-21-13-41-05_zps11c9041d.jpg

:smile:

In-game: @Wraith_9th
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Made in Japan.
    TX-01A Gauntletgauntlet.jpg Police robot prototype using Guns.
    TX-02 Vulcanvulcan.jpg Firearm type Robot. Those works in Middle East Battlefield for U.S. Army and Japan Self-Defense-Force.
    TX-03 Canistercanister.jpgThe Chemical weaponry Robot also in Middle East Battlefield very few are made.
    TX-04 Vermillionvermillion.jpg for Close fight Tactics.

If... if I win, gimmeh "Made in Japan" titles in forlums. o3o
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Kawaii.jpg
    KAWAII Destroyer. Made by Dr.D's program bug error. o3o
    edited September 2014
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Kawaii.jpg
    KAWAII Destroyer. Made by Dr.D's program bug error. o3o

the awkward moment when that one steps of the assembly line and walks up to destoyer

• hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here's my robotic radiant, Anodyne, in the costume editor,

Anodyne1s.jpgAnodyne2s.jpg

and in the wild.

Anodyne3s.jpg
  • keshmarchkeshmarch Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    screenshot_2014-09-21-11-14-11_zpsdc89ed1e.jpg

This is K.U.L.A.M.. Quite literally a rewawakened automation, she is a fire-elemented gynoid built by an ancient civilization who must deal with obsolete programming.
    Tark%20Signature_zpscmqoxjfn.png~original
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How you people could resist calling this thread "Robot Roll-Call" bewilders me.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This thread is a Robot Roll Call!

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
    edited September 2014
    vorshoth wrote: »
    How you people could resist calling this thread "Robot Roll-Call" bewilders me.

I made a Crow T. Robot costume for one of my characters :P
  • veiran2veiran2 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    KQ4zkmQ.jpg
    MediBot MD-1: The most obvious HealBot ever.

AjxDoY4.jpg
    Oberfuhrer: The most obvious villain ever. That's what museums get for keeping examples of robotics throughout the ages.

TXV0x0z.jpg
    Titan of Industry: The most obvious capitalist ever.. But hey, someone has to stop all these bank robberies!

iUCVayK.jpg
    Regurgo the Vomiting Robot: The most obvio-... Uh.. Yeah, I don't even.
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bird Brain

screenshot_2014-09-20-23-17-47_zps1bfab266.jpg

He is supposed to be a little super genius cyborg bird thing.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    Catoastrophe the little blue toast tabby. Don't shoot me.

catoastrophe.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1f223935-21db-4d19-9970-0d83c278e134_zpsd6bb86ef.jpg

That be BIG RED.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    just a question: A guy with a Power armor is alowed in this event? (well, he have a robotic arm if something robotic is really necessary XD) if not, ok, i have another robotic toon, just ned to take a screenshot :biggrin:
  • veiran2veiran2 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Pretty sure it's just robots, hence the name.
    edited September 2014
    Cyborgs, androids, replicants - this contest is open to any kind of robot-alike, so let your creativity run wild.

One should read the rules before taking part of contest.

So, i'd say having a robotic arm falls under 'cyborg' category.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ralph 12243C42
    Ralph12243C24_zps8ef2ee81.png

A few universes over, there exists a world where the fantasies of '50s sci-fi are reality. This world discovered the multiverse, and dispatched robotic explorers to learn about the alternities.

Ralph 12243C42 was in fact destined for the timeline we know as Multifaria; however, the opening of the Harmon Gate threw the worldlines awry. He landed in the streets of Millennium City, his data files damaged. He cannot remember where he comes from, nor why he's here. However, his creators were essentially beneficent, so until he remembers his true purpose, he seeks to help the inhabitants of this world as best he can.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    presenting commander boop! (because i can't into creative names)

boop_zps8d525790.png
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    edited September 2014
    notyuu wrote: »
    presenting commander boop! (because i can't into creative names)

boop_zps8d525790.png

What bracer's are those? I don't recognize them.
    edited September 2014
    Those are the Dr. Ka feathered armor bracers.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Trammer likes to take trams and fight villains.

Costume_redsymbol_Trammer_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_459947670_zps0b53c40f.jpg

@redsymbol in game
  • themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Created from scrap metal scavenged from a crashed and abandoned Qularr ship and the remains of a Foxbat battlebot by an unknown tinkerer, Motown Steel became a hero for the downtrodden of the West Side of Millennium City when he helped drive the alien invaders from this poor area.

TMD_Motown_Steel_zps07747675.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Created from scrap metal scavenged from a crashed and abandoned Qularr ship and the remains of a Foxbat battlebot by an unknown tinkerer, Motown Steel became a hero for the downtrodden of the West Side of Millennium City when he helped drive the alien invaders from this poor area.

O_O! Mecha-Wario!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited September 2014
    The Ferrous Gentleman:
    FerrousGentleman_zps309515f6.png

Originally designed by computing pioneer Charles Babbage in the 1860s, the Ferrous Gentleman suit was envisioned as a supplementary force for London's police. However, much like Babbage's Analytical Engine, the technology of the time simply wasn't up to constructing the suit, and Babbage's blueprints languished in storage for over 150 years.

Then James Babbage, direct descendant of Charles, inherited a number of artifacts - including the plans for the suit. He realized that with modern materials and power sources, the suit could be built, and even improved. It cost most of James' remaining money, but today his ancestor's vision patrols Millennium City as the Ferrous Gentleman!

(Yes, it's a loose Iron Man parody - someone commented once on how ludicrous a steampunk Iron Man would be, and I grabbed the idea and ran with it.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mssUFgH.png
    COMMANDER GAME:

Early in the 1990s, software engineers were working to expand the gaming market by creating a portable arcade cabinet. While powerful and very good for games, it still was horrendously heavy and was projected to sell very poorly, so the project was scrapped...

By all but one man. This man was determined to fashion the mobile cabinet into the ultimate robotic operating buddy! Thus, Commander Game was unleashed upon the world in 2010, using an amalgation of outdated arcade technology with the newest procedural AI. He constantly goes on quests to earn more points to upgrade himself with.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    fAnelkQ.png
    CAPRICE RED:

A junked robot found in Renaissance Center, Caprice picked it out for its unusual design and capacity for learning. Initially very intensely hateful of her, Caprice managed to take care of the robot and repair it back into working order, at which point it began to reconsider.

Seeking to redeem himself in the eyes of humans, he decided to stick around Club Caprice to become a DJ. Receiving yet another refurbished hull, and a great sound drives, he now mixes some of the sickest beats in Millennium City, using his specialized Red Vinyl arm and wily patterns.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited September 2014
    Is it bad that I recognize the game on Commander Game's screen?

Ah, Battlezone... how you used to eat my quarters...

• trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2014
    This thread is awesome. Keep it coming!
    edited September 2014
    I reserve the Walkenbot!
    Stay tuned!
    The inspiration:

zKVggxi.gif
    :biggrin:
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Is that steel commando chest piece?

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
    edited September 2014
    Is that steel commando chest piece?

Armor Light Tech 1
    edited September 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I reserve the Walkenbot!
    Stay tuned!
    The inspiration:

zKVggxi.gif
    :biggrin:

Re-awalkened automaton...sounds catchy

• ambivalentmanambivalentman Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    2s9pspc.png

Ferra, The Robot Maid
    Mechanical housekeeper and protector of Ricky Wealthington, Boy Billionaire! Her most recent orders were to "clean up around here while I'm out". Apparently, Ricky needs to be more specific with his commands...

2s0bpdc.png

Hover thrusters make cleaning top shelves a breeze! However, she won't do windows. (Window cleaning protocols will be installed in the next update. Soon.)
    It's a pity Robot De Niro doesn't seem to play much anymore. His movie themed robot's were rather funky.
  • arcolfarcolf Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Another entry for me.

Series 7A, Model A-014 - Designation: Paradigm.

th_Paradigm.png

Basic premise is as such:

Paradigm is the latest in a long line of artificial constructs aimed at achieving immortality for its creators. Each time a researcher makes a breakthrough, a "Paradigm Shift" occurs and they eradicate all traces of the previous series.

One such researcher, however, grew a conscience after they effectively eradicated several series that could be considered "sentient". She had kept backups of each series hidden as a means of reference, disagreeing with the methods of the group as a whole - and implemented the backups of the sentient series into the latest model, A-014.

This effectively gave it sentience, but also gave it multiple voices and personalities within its mind. Much like the robotic beings from a certain sci-fi series, Model A-014 holds conference with the many voices to determine course of action.

(To this end, he will utilize Telepathy with the Passive Ability of "Congress of Selves". Seemed thematically fitting. However, he's currently using the Reawakened Automaton in order to unlock the special abilities contained within. But also because "Reawakened Automaton" fits thematically, given the circumstances.)