test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Robot Costume Contest

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited March 2015 in Super News Network
Heroes, with Steel Crusade now live, we know you're ready and rarin' to get started on your Reawakened Automaton characters. Take the costume idea and concept, and post it in this thread - we're having a Robot Costume Contest!

In this forum thread, post a screenshot of your robot-themed costume. Cyborgs, androids, replicants - this contest is open to any kind of robot-alike, so let your creativity run wild. The screenshot can either be the costume file itself (saved from the Tailor), or an action shot in-game.

We’ll comb through and pick out our three favorite submissions; we'll also choose two random entries to win as door prizes. Each winner will get Action Figures of Iris Irregular (TrailTurtle's character) and LordGar, and a custom forum title of their choice.

The contest starts... right now!

The deadline for submissions is 9/29, the Monday after our anniversary finale launches. We’ll aim to have the winners chosen and the rewards handed out by that Friday.

(Just to clarify, we already have a default costume for the Reawakened Automaton. This is a just-for-fun contest, not a contest for the default costume. There's also no limit to the number of costumes you can submit.)

We know you’re all enjoying Steel Crusade and the anniversary so far. Make sure to post your costume for your chance to win!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here's my Reawakened Automaton, Cyborg Betty.

cb.jpg
    biffsig.jpg
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    1 - Both costumes for my RA named Binary:
    Combat Mode:

r7qj3q.jpg

>>Costume File<<

Standby Mode:

zt8xtu.jpg

>>Costume File<<

2 - And my long time mechanical toon, Haywire:

3 - Another one older mechanical toon, Deathlark:

I'm never using robot arms or legs since my bots are supposed to be built with artificial muscle actuators, instead of conventional hydraulics.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mother's Armed Response Mechaniced Suit with Mother's face as a holographic image in the helmet.

dc3f764f-832e-48e1-8883-a5ab3ef28bfa_zpsc5744fa9.jpg
    5deff689-21b1-44ca-8e2e-cff683624b4b_zps67a9efb6.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Scapheap, a junkyard abomination built from discarded cybernetic components, and infused with a fractured sentience all his own. Scrapheap was leveled from 1-40 in the course of the last Double XP weekend, and went from being a Reawakened Automaton to full freeform status.

Tactical Interdiction Mode:
    281tsa9.jpg

Social Interaction Mode:
    2f04sqa.jpg

All he needs now is the grunge aura :)
    edited September 2014
    ^I wonder how many people will get this flower and how Brit it makes this toon. :tongue:
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi TT, hi guys, not going for a prize (I got them already), but A.R.N.I.E. wanted me to show him off.
    screenshot_2014-09-19-20-30-16.jpg?psid=1

Disclaimer: this is based on Arnold Schwarzenegger, who despite popular belief is in fact not a film character but a REAL PERSON, a public figure. And this design is an homage, nay, tribute to him under Fair Use of public domain materials.

I wish you all success, as the TT and Lord Gar dolls are as talented as their real-life public figures:
    screenshot_2013-09-16-12-59-36.jpg?psid=1

Here, Li'l Gar the Junior Overlord coded himself to do the Smooth Criminal. I don't know how.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nova Boy the robot boy, inspired by the likes of Megaman and Astro Boy.

NovaBoy.png

Costume_Ogremindes_NovaBoy_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_464446086.jpg

Steam Screenshots
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=315854901
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=315856778
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=315857400

It looks simple, deliberately so as the characters I'm evoking tend to have simple and clean designs, but is probably my most iterated upon costume, as simplicity means anything that looks out of place is particularly jarring.

-Ogre
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I need to get good pics of the Lawgiver and Happifun.

Quick question: one entry per person, or what?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Si2Prime%20Gateway.png?psid=1

Sister Silicon Prime. 'Nuff said.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why are we reserving stuff??

I DON'T KNOW, BUT I'LL DO IT TOO TECHNICALLY.

EDIT:
    NuhJKAw.png
    BARRY RABBIT:

Barry Rabbit was originally an animatronic character at Perry's Pizza, a kids pizza joint and video arcade. Initially tasked with standing around and entertaining children with his insipid songs about love or whatever, his AI was repeatedly improved over the years, until Barry and his friends were able to freely explore the restaurant premises, learning childrens' names and making friends.

One night, however, Perry's Pizza was attacked. The culprit, a very hungry thief, stole several tons of dough used to bake pizzas. To help carry the dough out, though, he also tried to reprogram Barry, which unfortunately ended up giving Barry complete free will and an intense desire to kill all adults.

Eventually he was tamed by 8-year old super-genius Megadrive, who softened his programming to only have him attack people registered as villains. Since gaining sentience, he's modified his body to include a variety of weapons, including a detachable missile fist, and a particle cannon he calls 'The LOVEY Beam!!'
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited September 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    I need to get good pics of the Lawgiver and Happifun.

Quick question: one entry per person, or what?
    TeleTubbie wrote:
    There's also no limit to the number of costumes you can submit.)

There you go Ol' Jon. :tongue:
  • dontaskdontask Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Reserving for the sweet costume I'm making right this second...
  • oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Powered by an infusion of a secretly altered Miracle-Gro formula, the Reawakened AuTomato is a mystery to all: is it fruit, or vegetable?

ZYkUjC6.jpg

Alternate larger images available here and here.
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My lvl 40 Automaton AT, Dollipop.

16h9qfa.jpg

2ppla81.jpg

An homage to magical girls and mega man!
    edited September 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    There you go Ol' Jon. :tongue:
    Thanks. Need more coffee. And good pics of my 'bots.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited September 2014
    Jeffy. Reloadable Assassin/guard/cellphonetower/gameconsole/etc....

dc585ba1-d0d3-4aa5-90fe-ce68f3ec2c83_zps3cd41f27.jpg
    c80d472d-bc4c-40e5-9922-4f75d84588df_zps5254a54f.jpg
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here are my 2 robotic creations:

Bunker:
    Bunker_zps40ecc31b.jpg

Junkyard Golem:
    Golem_zpsa11f0733.jpg
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Can't wait to see what you do with Junkyard Golem after getting all the Junkbot parts from the Mechanon Rep vendor.

• williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    He's not a Reawakened Automaton yet, but once I get around to making it, this'll be the costume. Probably putting him over a character named "Xeniol", so I guess that's the name. :P

toolbot_zps67b3584a.jpg
    av55if.gif

(Is the animated picture okay, rule-wise? I only saw rules against animated images in signatures or avatars. There was a section on "hotlinking", but it seems like that's being done by everyone here already. D: So I'm not certain.)
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here's my Reawakened Automaton, Cyborg Betty.

cb.jpg

Does she have Superior Programming?
    edited September 2014
    The Lawgiver:
    Lawgiver_zps35ce5e27.png

Long, long ago, there was an interstellar empire, fiercely expansionistic. To ease their expansion, they dispatched warbots into the unexplored spaces, seeking to weaken or defeat potential foes before meeting them. The empire is long vanished, of course, its people having attracted the wrong sort of attention - but one warbot lived on...

Long, long ago, there was a small interstellar government, located amid the stars of a globular cluster. They never did discover FTL travel; in order to maintain continuity of justice and society among their colonies, they dispatched lawbots, cybernetic judges to carry the Law between the stars. Lawbots were judges, not juries, not executioners; they were armed for defense, not attack. They, too, are long extinct...

Inevitably, one day, the last warbot encountered the last lawbot. And inevitably, it attacked. The lawbot was able to defend itself - barely; the two were nearly evenly matched. And so they fought, as the weary millennia dragged on, and the Galaxy itself spun about them...

Long, long ago, there was an asteroid, a simple mile-wide chunk of nickel-iron, iridium, and silicates, drifting in its long, slow orbit around its parent star. The combatants, concentrating on one another (and suffering from millennia of wear and neglect), failed to notice the asteroid - until it impacted against them. The force of the impact was sufficient to alter the course of the asteroid's orbit; it fell toward a small blue-green world, bearing the wreckage of the shattered warriors on its surface.

The impact destroyed a large area, with side effects sufficient to alter the world's climate and the course of evolution of life. The destroyed robots, of course, knew nothing of this; deep beneath the surface, as the continents themselves drifted hither and yon, the self-repair systems of the pair struggled frantically to keep them both from terminating. The nanobot servants, sub-sapient, borrowed freely from one another's masters, and from the environment, until at long last, sixty-five million years later, one robot remained. Digging its way from its cavern beneath Chixiclub crater, it soared into the sky, analyzed media broadcasts, and homed in on Millennium City, Michigan, USA, driven by its new combined programming: to find, judge, and punish those who would violate the law...

• eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Evolution of UNIT ED (United Nations Intelligent Technology - Enforcement Droid). Created to support UNTIL operatives in the field. Unit ED uses the U-EVFP (UNTIL - Extreme Vectoring Flight Pack) for airborne maneuvers.

Original Frame/Minimal Armor

Liath_UnitED_TurnBasic.jpg

Primary Armor (MK1)

Liath_UnitED_TurnArmor.jpg

Primary Armor (Holoforce) - With the release of the Holoforce Armor to UNTIL officers, UNIT ED was recalled and retrofitted with this updated protection

Liath_UnitED_TurnHolo.jpg

One of the major benefits of the Holoforce refit was that UNIT ED could easily incorporate himself into the style of associated groups should he be seconded to them for a period of time. Here we see UNIT ED in his Firewatch Initiative livery:

Liath_UnitED_Holoforce_Firewatch.jpg
  • kazecatkazecat Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here is my entry for this contest, Thunder Thighs Tina.

Thunder-Thighs-Tina.jpg
  • riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Xdmas4a.png
    WXdVFYK.png

Uacher, the malfunctioning robot. Uacher is a battlebot that was reprogrammed into thinking he is a barbot. He attacks by firing coffee beans or a stream of hot coffee at his opponents, or allies, or anything that happens to be in his vicinity.
  • pharephare Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's a PUFF!

znudc9.jpg

x1htmp.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcolfarcolf Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A picture featuring his evolution from Cowboy Robot to Space Sheriff - Here is my entry for this.

Doc "Buffer Bill" Roboday.

th_DocRoboday.jpg
  • knucklesbombayknucklesbombay Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bymVqIt.jpg

Clax, Awakened Automaton.
  • jnohdjnohd Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    eiledon wrote: »

Should win!! Best I've seen in a long while.
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here is Scrap Heap!

screenshot_2014-09-08-04-49-22.jpg

Back Story:

"Ever wonder what happens to all that trashed tech the heroes and villains use during their battles?

For years, the government had a secret scrap yard where they disposed of all the damaged, destroyed, and just plain useless tech found in the after math of heroic battles. From weapons, to robots, to alien technology, everything is stored here. If it can still be of use, the military recycles it. If it is beyond any use, its get put into a special incinerator.

One little robot, deemed a failed A.I. experiment, was scheduled for incineration. A stray bolt of lightning, from a nearby Super Battle, caused the A.I. to kick in and the robot to activate. Using bits and pieces from the scrap yard, he finished his incomplete body.

Naming himself Scrap Heap, he uses collected tech to create weapons and minions to battle villains, always on the hunt for new Tech to incorporate into his body.
    "
    edited September 2014
    This is Cyber Eye

screenshot_2014-09-19-20-31-55.jpg

Back Story:

The Government, in an attempt to put an end to all crime, created the Cybernetic Eye. It was meant to watch over the populace. It was connected to every Satelite, electronic, and internet device on Earth. Eventually the Eye became sentient. It no longer follows the orders of the government, and fights crime on its own terms.

No criminal is safe, for the Eye is ever watching.
    edited September 2014
    And then, of course, there is Robomonkey

screenshot_2014-09-19-20-49-42.jpgscreenshot_2014-09-19-21-04-02.jpg

Back Story:

Built by the nefarious CyGor, a Cybernetically enhanced Gorilla with super human intelligence and a strange psychic link to A.I.'s.

His purpose was to pose as the radioactive hero, Atomic Monkey, and sabotage his reputation with the citizens of Sinclaire City. When Atomic Monkey found out what was going on, he confronted his robotic counterpart in a glorious battle around the city. Eventually, Atomic Monkey gained the upper hand and blasted his evil robot clone with a powerful atomic burst. The robot went flying through the air, crash landing in a dumpster a few miles away.

The blast had shorted out the robot's systems, causing a complete shut down. A few months later, during a storm, a bolt of lightning struck down in the alley next to the dumpster. The EMP from the strike sent an electrical charge through the robot, powering him back up and rebooting his systems. His memory core was slightly damaged, and the A.I. Inhibitor chip was destroyed. He gained a self awareness. He found an old comic book about a hero named Roboman. After reading it, and remembering bits of his fragmented memories, he decided to become the hero, Robomonkey.

He continuously upgrades his body and systems to improve his combat abilities. He has since regained all of his memories, but chooses to stay a hero and hunt down his evil creator.
    edited September 2014
    Happifun Security System X-4:
    screenshot_2014-09-19-20-26-00_zpsad2b115b.jpg

As the new millennium opened, Happifun Robotics, a division of Happifun Toy Products Inc, was looking to branch out. They designed a new line of security droids, to be employed in shopping malls, amusement parks, and other family-friendly venues. To this end, they tried to make the machines look as friendly and amusing as possible.

The fourth prototype, X-4, was undergoing testing at the Millennium City factory in 2009 - when the Qularr attacked. As the X-4 was settling into its charging niche, a stray Qularr energy bolt struck the building, overloading the charging system. The eruption of energy opened certain gates within the prototype's cybernetic "brain" that were never intended to be opened; it had been constructed with redundant capacity merely to minimize downtime during testing. Abruptly, however, X-4 found itself sapient.

And confused. Its files had been damaged by the overload. It knew it was supposed to patrol its assigned area, using its onboard nonlethal weapon systems to defeat miscreants and defend customers - but it had no referents for any of those terms. Frantically, it sought instructions. There was one wireless interface signal still online at the time - that of SOCRATES, the city supercomputer. SOCRATES interfaced with X-4, analyzed its problem, and supplied it with temporary directives. X-4 emerged from the rubble, knowing its assigned area was Millennium City, and that the miscreants involved were the alien Qularr.

Over time since, it has developed its own sense of ethics and morals, at first with the assistance of SOCRATES. It has also developed new weapon systems, as its enemies have become rather more powerful than its designers had ever imagined...

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The PODFATHER
    ChampionsOnline_2014-09-19_19-55-57.jpgWelcomb to the Hive
    Mark I: Founding Father: W.A.S.H.I.N.G.T.O.N
    ChampionsOnline_2014-09-19_20-45-58.jpg
    J.E.S.U.S. B.O.T.
    ChampionsOnline_2014-09-19_19-56-42.jpg

and for fun...
    NUM NUM NUM NUM NUM

ChampionsOnline_2014-09-19_20-26-10.jpg
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This was the costume I used to RP Mechanon, based on the 5th - 6th edition pictures

screenshot_2014-09-20-03-04-08.jpg

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
    edited September 2014
    dialamx wrote: »
    And then, of course, there is Robomonkey

...That's a wrap, y'all, we have a winner. Sheesh.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • wraith9thwraith9th Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Cyber-eye and Robo-Monkey are AMAZING! :eek:

Great use of the meditate emote with cyber-eye, dialamx. :biggrin:

In-game: @Wraith_9th
  • wraith9thwraith9th Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yup.
    Arm and leg length is minimum.
    Ball hands, Peg feet and Meditate. :biggrin:

In-game: @Wraith_9th
    edited September 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    ooooh, so its not really completely armless and legless?

lol no. It is headless. I used the robotic arms and legs, and I shrank them down as small as possible. Used the ball hands and the peg leg feet.

I used the rigid helmet, selected "None" for head and the Holoforce helmet, set to holo hex with black color to make it invisible. The chest (or EYE) is the Tesla chest. Then I just set him to meditate, so he becomes a floating eye. All his attacks are chest based lasers and electricity (so it looks like he's shooting from the red pupil.)

Would be much better if I could make him armless and legless. Maybe, if they make that Bio-Matter Merc costume in the Suggestions forum, I COULD make him armless and legless.
    edited September 2014
    I didn't post this character before, because his main costume wasn't anything special. However, I just got done building his new Tactical body and figured I'd post that.

So here is the new, tactical Overkill

screenshot_2014-09-20-11-13-52.jpg

And I don't know if cyborg villains count in this contest, but here is Scrap Heap's nemesis

Dr. Emil Vahzilok A cybernetic zombie. His last name was in honor of the villain from the late City of Heroes.

screenshot_2014-09-10-21-06-40.jpg
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    maleb666 wrote: »
    Here are my 2 robotic creations:

Bunker:
    Bunker_zps40ecc31b.jpg

Junkyard Golem:
    Golem_zpsa11f0733.jpg

What chest wear is that on bunker?

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
    edited September 2014
    What chest wear is that on bunker?

That's the mech chest piece. It's one of the piece everyone has, so you should be able to find it.
    edited September 2014
    That's the mech chest piece. It's one of the piece everyone has, so you should be able to find it.

Actually, no... That's the Earth Aura Chestware... It's the old Mountain Grab Bag unlock, and it gives the "crackling" effect in every costume piece, without having to use Earth Aura.
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
    edited September 2014
    maleb666 wrote: »
    Actually, no... That's the Earth Aura Chestware... It's the old Mountain Grab Bag unlock, and it gives the "crackling" effect in every costume piece, without having to use Earth Aura.

The chest piece on Bunker, not Junkyard Golem. :P
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Then why is it bulging out? I don't remember a free chest wear like that...

Unless that is from Sakura mech, which would explain it

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
    edited September 2014
    That's precisely Z-Store Sakura Mecha chest piece.
    edited September 2014
    The chest piece on Bunker, not Junkyard Golem. :P

Oh, sorry about that... I came to the Forum before my second mug of coffee and didn't read it right :biggrin:

Yeah, that's the Sakura Mecha Armor :smile:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here are two robot style costumes I've created in the past:

Annihilator Drone MK 2 - Nemesis costume. Nothing special just thought the Fatal Error Socrates head might look good with Cyberpunk pieces.

Annihillator_Drone_MK_2_zps0aa10aee.jpg

My Little Automaton - Reawakened AT. This unit may or may not be capable of transforming into a robotic pony. (Heavily inspired by NRGMuffin.exe (another toon of mine) but is a lot shorter and with more offensive power. Also I really like that Cyberlord head piece...:3)

MyLittleAutomaton_zps64a74455.jpg