What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20140303.15/.16 PTS Update

2»

Comments

• thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Should only be pistols anyways. You aren't Squall Leonhart :tongue:

There is some truth to this. You would need to significantly alter single and dual blade attacks to make use of the pistols in this capacity.

Personally, I can think of a lot of new powers I'd take over this sort of tweaking.

I think a better pick for a scifi soldier would be unlocking the weapons someone posted for the last patch iteration. Those are close at hand, and have been requested for some time.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    actually the angle of the blade when holding the gun standard pistol style isnt significantly out of what for any of the blade powers given the duration of animations we are talking about I dont think any adjustment would be necessary. IRL a gun blade would be used via the existing grip and while the moves using it may be different I would imagine enough similarity that existing animations would be sufficient - CO isnt a realistic simulation after all.

despite this the image is just a mockup, and idea. if the devs think it will work let them figure out how, and how much change would be needed.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    actually the angle of the blade when holding the gun standard pistol style isnt significantly out of what for any of the blade powers given the duration of animations we are talking about I dont think any adjustment would be necessary. IRL a gun blade would be used via the existing grip and while the moves using it may be different I would imagine enough similarity that existing animations would be sufficient - CO isnt a realistic simulation after all.

despite this the image is just a mockup, and idea. if the devs think it will work let them figure out how, and how much change would be needed.

In real life the most a gunblade would be used for is novelty because it is impractical. The blade, especially that blade, would throw off the weight and balance of the gun and also have the disposition of actually warping the barrel which would also in turn make shots fired from said gun less accurate. Most real gun blades had little switches that would pop blades out in close quarters, at best, not be a constant bayonet on the blade.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited April 2014
    well in game we have bullets which track targets so I dont think a little warping will do much harm...:rolleyes:
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gunblade exists, it's a rare drop in Resistance from Black Mask.

Still has the muzzle flash firing to the sides at a 90-degree angle.
  • manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lordgar, Could you make it so the cape part of the 90s Foxbat cape is selectable with the other cape back options (e.g. cape collar, cape brooch, cape mantle etc).
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lordgar, Could you make it so the cape part of the 90s Foxbat cape is selectable with the other cape back options (e.g. cape collar, cape brooch, cape mantle etc).

And the mantle -does- need to be moved to 'neck' options. It's a back piece as it is.
    edited April 2014
    mantle is fine where it is - with the other mantles (takofane). if they ADD it to necks too I wouldnt be disappointed though - like they did with the archer set.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Yeah, I was kinda surprised you couldn't hang any other cape except the 90's Foxbat cape, from the 90's Foxbat mantle.