Preview

• The Sci-Fi Soldier costume set is now available for female characters

• The Sci-Fi Soldier chin guard is now a Side Accessory

• The Sci-Fi Soldier collar is now a Collar

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Scifi Soldier gloves and tights don't have material options, but the other parts do.

Character creation
    Create a character, use the part search tool to apply the parts.

Some parts seem to default to different materials, too. The chest and hips were cloth, while the neck, shoulder, and feet were metal. Edit: It turns out that this only happens if I have a part from that category already. It will keep the same material as the previous part.

The feet part looks kind of like it's short pants with long socks. Could you maybe extend the upper plate into a shinguard, and make the ribbing on the calf/ankle horizontal, to match the gloves?

There is no female version. Will there be one?
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    GsvZ9ewl.jpg?1

Looks pretty good. Do the tights only appear in cloth? No metal tights? Also, I like the fact that the Devs made an emblem attachment for the armor. Awesome.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,618 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Scifi Soldier Chin Guard
    Being a Head Wear part, players wouldn't be able to use other head wear that looks like it could work with. Would it be too much trouble to add a new Head Wear subcategory? So it works with every head wear piece? Being able to use hats with this would be a major plus.

Scifi Soldier Collar
    Shouldn't this be in the collar category in the Head section?

Scifi Soldier Shoulder Pads
    Playing around with the tailor I noticed that we can now have Shoulder Pads and Bracers with the Jackets category. Thank you! Please expand on this more whenever you can since its seems not all bracers are attached to it yet.

Scifi Soldier Chest
    I'm glad that emblems can be used on the chest piece too. We would like all chest pieces to do this too, eventually.

Can the third color on all these pieces have a glow option too? It seems that it would work very well.
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The gloves have really good synergy with the Deco (Qularr) forearm, Cybernetic Elbow, and all those shield type parts.

The whole set seems to scale pretty well, which has sometimes been an issue with some costumes that have come out in 2013, like the gladiator and Socrates chest armor parts. I should probably check the ankle. That's a trouble area, sometimes. Edit: I didn't find clipping anywhere, even with weird body proportions.

I don't like the way that it seems to end in what comes across as a cuff, rather high on the arm. It's very obvious on the picture above. Same with the boot.
    Scifi Soldier Chin Guard
    Being a Head Wear part, players wouldn't be able to use other head wear that looks like it could work with. Would it be too much trouble to add a new Head Wear subcategory? So it works with every head wear piece? Being able to use hats with this would be a major plus.

How about the side or mouth slots? It might not work with hats because it would be very similar to using partial masks with a hat. The only differences would be the neck, face detail options, and vent/intake on the side.
    edited April 2014
    The Side costume parts work with this, and not being useable with beards will only defeat the purpose of wanting more customization.

If anything put it in Side but not in mouth piece.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    DAMN YOU JERKS!

...went and made one for you... and here you go, doing cool stuff without my permission.

DO IT MORE OFTEN!
  • captainsaxcaptainsax Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    While the costume set looks nice, I REALLY hope you're working on a female set as well. It kinda upsets me to see something like this restricted to one gender only...
    edited April 2014
    Does It Have Guns?!?!?!
    edited April 2014
    No guns with this set.
    edited April 2014
    No guns with this set.

Thanks. Seems like a wasted opportunity.

Unless, you know...

Tech Sword, Shellie Pistol, Jackhammer rifle/SMG.... just saying, guys.

Also, if you want us to test costumes accurately, we need to be able to access the costumes we've already unlocked. People rarely use a whole set, it's all about how we combine it with others.

captainsax wrote: »
    While the costume set looks nice, I REALLY hope you're working on a female set as well. It kinda upsets me to see something like this restricted to one gender only...

There was a time, I dunno... a little over a month ago, maybe? Where I said 'watch them start doing gender-specific costumes. Watch the outrage when it happens and it's a male-only costume'. And people told me I was full of it. Let's hope this isn't the case.

Scifi Soldier Collar

Except that doing so cancels out a TON of costume options. Please leave this where it is.
    edited April 2014
    Except that doing so cancels out a TON of costume options. Please leave this where it is.

Not unless they unlock the collar for all head options.
    edited April 2014
    Not unless they unlock the collar for all head options.

I could rock with this. Kinda like the Archer? (I had to check that one)

Also...

cp3RepZ.jpg

Bo4bDeX.jpg

EYM7Bax.png

None of those weapons could make their way into this costume pack, by chance? Just asking because we keep neglecting munitions weapons.... with the exception of the Foxbat gun which is... yeah...
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There is no female version. Will there be one?

Girls got the Magical Girl set. Boys get the Scifi Soldier set. Eh?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Gender equality. :cool:
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    First of all, I love this costume set. It ties in nicely with the 90s Foxbat sets, and I'm guessing will compliment the 90s set as well. That said, I've got to echo a few concerns voiced earlier, by other players.

1.) The chinguard piece should be under the side bits so that our scifi soldiers can protect their heads with a nice helmet. Having a helmet as part of the set would have been a nice edition too...but I'm comfortable with that part as is.

2.) Emblems on the PTS are fairly limited, I would recommend double checking that all emblems are unlocked with the chest piece, so that scifi adventurers can use the scifi emblems.

3.) Guns, guns, guns. A solider set should really have a hip holster, a rifle or shotgun strapped across its back, and some munitions models to match. Please consider either putting the now unavailable anime weapon set in the pack (which was previously available via power replacers) or just releasing some of the costume bits shown in this thread so far.

4.) This set should be available to both genders.

Those issues aside, I love this new costume set. It already has me considering new hero concepts, and thats a win/win situation for you devs. The new collar is particularly awesome.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Y U not ask for Magical Boys. o3o
    magical_boy_neko_len_len_by_youkiosu_chan-d4jp4y2.jpg
  • manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    Bug Fixes

• 90s Foxbat Cape now works properly with Cape Glide

Thanks for listening, can't wait until this hits live!
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Suggestion -

The SciFi Soldier costume set is awesome! Why not consider adding a "Space Marine" type AT to the C-store to compliment it? I imagine a simple Pulse Beam rifle build with utilitarian powers like Bionic Shielding and Concentration to compliment it.

No build expert here, just tossing in the suggestion! Might be a good money--making opportunity without having to spend tons of development time.

Keep on adding stuff... love the additions so far!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited April 2014
    Just saying, this is what I said...

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3980561&postcount=11

And I was generally told I was crazy.

I'm playing the typical CO gamer's card here on this one. 'I don't care if they make a female version or not, it won't affect me'. But, after what I've seen in zone and on this forum, might wanna make a female version or you might be looking at a class 7 Manchild Meltdown.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Scifi Soldier Chin Guard
    i agree side accessories is a better place for this
    Scifi Soldier Collar
    absolutely not, to put it with collars it would limit options more, its fine in neck just like lemurian collar or large nephilam
    edited April 2014
    jasinblaze wrote: »

absolutely not, to put it with collars it would limit options more, its fine in neck just like lemurian collar or large nephilam

Except those two pieces aren't usable with chest wear... so, no.
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jasinblaze wrote: »

If they mean the short hair and collars option then yes I agree it would be too limiting, but I'm pretty sure they mean the collars category that appeared with the archer set, in which case yes, it needs to be there.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We will soon be pushing FC.31.20140303.16 to PTS.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140303.16:

Preview

edited April 2014
    Well, crisis Averted!

Gar, can we get some weapons with this one? Please? I will or will not send you pictures of me dressed in a thong, depending on whether this is something you do or do not want to see.

Also, is this a C-store costume for tomorrow? Inquiring minds want to know.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We seem to be missing Arm Accessories to match the leg accessory "thigh shields". something similar but to smaller scale would help tie the gloves to the body more.

Additionally glove and boot variations with those same plates would be a great extra for the set.

And definitely needs a helm of some sort. with all that protection a naked scalp seems a bit of a "shoot me right here" - not great for a soldier. Something like the kendrium fleet helm seems to work from the front in terms of styling but with a solid skull cap area and without the extended ridge out of the rear of the head.

Edit: Something like this maybe?
    suggestedscifihelm_zps102003fc.jpg~original

I also think it would be great if the irridescent material was added to this set. This could allow better mix and match with the existing retro sci fi set and promote cross purchasing.

finally and keeping with the sci fi theme - how about 2 and 3 fingered glove options for those wanting to use this as alien armor
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Y U not ask for Magical Boys. o3o

Because some of us don't want nightmares.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    We will soon be pushing FC.31.20140303.16 to PTS.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140303.16:

Preview

Booo, does this mean we can't use it with full helms now?
    edited April 2014
    its in the collar section. not collars and short hair. its available on any head type
    edited April 2014
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    Booo, does this mean we can't use it with full helms now?

No, you can use them. I tested it.
    edited April 2014
    No, you can use them. I tested it.

Oh, phew, thank goodness. This set feels like it'd be perfect to upgrade a beloved Power Armor character of mine, but having a full helm is critical to his suit. I'd love to use that collar in addition to the helm, so this is a very pleasing development.
    edited April 2014
    Oh, phew, thank goodness. This set feels like it'd be perfect to upgrade a beloved Power Armor character of mine, but having a full helm is critical to his suit. I'd love to use that collar in addition to the helm, so this is a very pleasing development.

What helmet? If it's available, I'll see if I can snag you a shot on PTS.

Sci-Fi Soldier gloves are still metal only.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,955 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I had a good look at it and I feel that it needs a bit more work done to it. Give it more detail I think it needs that real very high-tech feel.

The Chin guard and Collar could do with some more fine detail.
    Also the gloves and feet chuold do with a bit more work as well I don't seem to enjoy the detail that's got them lines all-over them a choice to pick between smooth and lined whuold be nice.

Oh and the feet for the females need to be hi-heels!. I need good looking hi-heel boots. and about the weapons yeah we need some to come with this set.

Also the chest attachments chuold have more things like the other set that has this choice like maybe small parts of the chest like radios or vents you kown techy stuff. Not just a slap-on emblem.

well this bacily how I feel about it.

But yeah really chuold do with more detail and more options to it.
    Psi.
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cryneting wrote: »
    Also the chest attachments chuold have more things like the other set that has this choice like maybe small parts of the chest like radios or vents you kown techy stuff. Not just a slap-on emblem.

The fact that they have added the emblem flush on the piece as an option is AWESOME! It's a much better idea than the alternate "iron man" circle with emblem that's super small inside. I hope to see this applied to all chest wear in the future.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cryneting wrote: »
    Oh and the feet for the females need to be hi-heels!. I need good looking hi-heel boots.

Only as a second option. A heavy duty sci fi set is one of the last things that should have heels slapped onto them.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited April 2014
    What helmet? If it's available, I'll see if I can snag you a shot on PTS.

Oh, it's one of the tech helms. The one that has the Y-shaped visor. Coupled with the knight's top crest and the smooth tech ventilator.
    I'll probably hop onto the PTS at some point myself to see this new costume set in action at some point.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Could we get the shoulder pads increased in size somewhat? They seem kind of underwhelming compared to the rest of the set. I'd also be amenable to having two different sizes of shoulder pads.

Bug: You can't change the material type for both gloves at once. You have to do them individually.
    edited April 2014
    Could we get the shoulder pads increased in size somewhat? They seem kind of underwhelming compared to the rest of the set. I'd also be amenable to having two different sizes of shoulder pads.

I'd like for the ones we have to be on the 'side' rather than on top, if we're going to make the actual shoulder pads bigger.

Not a slam on you, but I don't like how the majority of shoulderpads in this game make my character look like a DBZ reject.

In addition, I think it's probably best to throw in some weapons with this pack. It's kind of pointless to make a 'Soldier' costume that is really just a set of armor. The game currently lacks weapon models in all categories since On Alert. I advise bringing back some of the originals, or making new ones.
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just tested out the new costume. Absolutely love it; the thing looks awesome!

However, couple of issues.
    • First, the tights look like they're intended to have glow, as they have the same lights on them as the armor pieces. However, no glow options are present.
    • Second, there is a major lack of matching arm accessories for the leg accessory thigh armor. This really detracts from any attempts to make a "fully armored" look that matches.
    edited April 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    We seem to be missing Arm Accessories to match the leg accessory "thigh shields". something similar but to smaller scale would help tie the gloves to the body more.

Additionally glove and boot variations with those same plates would be a great extra for the set.

--snip--

*cough*

Also I was thinking about the gun options - how about a sci fi version of the gunblade

scifipistol_zps0d29934f.jpg~original

This model would be used for single and dual pistol powers, and also for single and dual sword powers. (red areas = glow points)

A rifle/axe version could be included for rifle powers and HW
    edited April 2014
    *cough*

Also I was thinking about the gun options - how about a sci fi version of the gunblade

This model would be used for single and dual pistol powers, and also for single and dual sword powers. (red areas = glow points)

Dude. That is hellaciously cool.

I'd like an 'alternate' version without the blade to have maybe a laser beam in place of the blade (like the minigun from power armor).
    edited April 2014
    theoryfive wrote: »

• First, the tights look like they're intended to have glow, as they have the same lights on them as the armor pieces. However, no glow options are present.
    • Second, there is a major lack of matching arm accessories for the leg accessory thigh armor. This really detracts from any attempts to make a "fully armored" look that matches.

I had the same thoughts, too.
    Also, as someone mentioned before in this thread, the boot pieces have the unfortunate effect of looking somewhat like heavily armored socks because of the vertical fluting along their length. I'd recommend either change the fluting to horizontal, or remove it altogether and make that area of the boot armor smooth.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Basically I'm echoing the sentiments expressed by others when I say this costume set is pretty awesome. I just tried it with Mentella, I didn't go heavy armor plating alongside it as I thought the pattern looked nice without the armor blocking it out.

CostumeSCI_zps093e761d.png

(Just threw together a few different colours for experimentation for possible future costumes)

I'm not so keen on the auto-almost bracers for the gloves, but it's tolerable.

theoryfive wrote: »

I had the same thoughts, too.
    Also, as someone mentioned before in this thread, the boot pieces have the unfortunate effect of looking somewhat like heavily armored socks because of the vertical fluting along their length. I'd recommend either change the fluting to horizontal, or remove it altogether and make that area of the boot armor smooth.

+1'd for both of these comments too.

Aside from that, it's a very nice addition! :smile:

EDIT: Has it been mentioned where this costume set will be dropping from/purchasable from?
    edited April 2014
    So absurdly stoked for this costume, you have no idea. PLZ drop soon (if there is nothing borked and you're not going to add anything, that is).

LOVE the collar, LOVE the thigh plates, Love the ear cover thingy.
    edited April 2014
    I seriously need this set in my life as soon as possible.
    Also, has anyone asked/has it been specified, but is this for a Z-Store set? Or a lockbox one? I feel like it's more of a store-bound set.
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The sci-fi soldier chest emblem positioning/size is off - most emblems are slightly cut off at the top.

I've been waiting for a chinstrap as a mouth accessory for a while, but I'd prefer one that comes with less extra geometry. The part that wraps around the back of the head keeps it from working with most helmets without serious clipping, and even the extra cheek guards seem unnecessary. At the very least it needs a helmet to go with it, but I'd prefer if new set pieces were designed to integrate better existing sets.
    *cough*

All of the this. Gunblades where a wasted opprotunity, they could have easily been Melee weapons as well as pistols. A large chunk of specialist AT's would LOVE to have this.

On an unrelated note; would someone be willing to take a screencap of just the Scifi soldier chestpiece? preferably on a robot torso if you can.
    Just going to echo in on the "Gunblade Suggestion"

It's an awesome idea. Even if such a weapon skin can't make into the SciFi set, please consider it for future sets.

Also, allowing Gunblades as a weapon for both Melee and Ranged weapons would be great. Those playing "The Specialist" AT would highly appreciate it!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited April 2014
    Gunblade exists, it's a rare drop in Resistance from Black Mask.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited April 2014
    existing gunblade - a) not sci fi to match new set. b)only pistol powers afaik

Suggestions above would be to have single weapon skin that can cover 4 weapon types - single pistol, dual pistol, single blade, dual blade (if they could extend it so that the existing Gunblades drop from Resistance could also fit those roles then all the better)

Also for HW and rifle power users a larger Scifi Rifle with similar stylings and some sort of laser axe blade (again similar to the pistol shown) would allow it to be used for both power sets.
    edited April 2014
    Should only be pistols anyways. You aren't Squall Leonhart :tongue:
    Silverspar on PRIMUS