test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Contest Commentary

cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Super News Network

I dig the idea of longer claws. I hate that females have those short gloves with long claws, but not males.
Post edited by cybersoldier1981 on

Comments

• agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't have anything to add just yet, but I wanted to praise Cryptic North for doing this. (also praise for the FoxbatCon event, it's well done indeed and getting people out and exploring the Zone)

Also I'll point out this is a fantastic opportunity for the community to be creative!

THANK YOU!

thumbs-up-2.jpg

(next up, design-a-supergroup-base? Please? :biggrin:)
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hammershark_by_numa430-d726oke.jpg

Rise from the deep sea as a monsterous predator shark!
    This costume set contains everything a monster fan would enjoy from our underwater sea friend.

One that contains:

Large Shark hands for gloves
    Large Shark feet for boots
    A shark head that looks like in the following image*
    Torn hulked out jeans
    and barnacles attachments!

Get into your inner monster with the Monsterous Shark set for only 485 G at the C Store!
    Or else!

*Note the other Shark heads did not pleased me well so if you guys design the head like in the image i would be really be glad to know :)

Add a trident and lemurian sword!!!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2014
    I know everyone wants to comment on the costume contest, but I'd like to keep that thread just for the submissions, so it's easy for us to go through and choose winners at the end.

I don't want to squash that discussion, though -- this should all be fun. As such, we'll be moving non-submission posts here, and I want to encourage everyone to keep the discussion going in here.

-TrailTurtle

EDIT: Want to use reference images, but not sure about whether it's allowed? It is, but we want to be sure everyone is creating a unique and original idea. Read more in this forum post.
    edited April 2014
    I know everyone wants to comment on the costume contest, but I'd like to keep that thread just for the submissions, so it's easy for us to go through and choose winners at the end.

I don't want to squash that discussion, though -- this should all be fun. As such, we'll be moving non-submission posts here, and I want to encourage everyone to keep the discussion going in here.

-TrailTurtle

Yeah, I was gonna pimp-smack you!

I was thinking this would be awesome, because if say... someone has an idea, and someone says 'you should add X!' and they make that edit... we need a place to do that.
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Numaman really set a high standard with that immediate submission. Such turnaround speed!

I'm impressed Cryptic North is holding this, it's a huge effort to "let us design something".

I wish to declare my idea, which I'm researching now and will try to draw later:

The Hollywood Set. You're already a superhero, but I can make you into a superSTAR.

I'm still brainstorming, but I aim to include: props, glamour, hairstyles, shoes...even a weapon.

This is not to "reserve" the idea, but just to show I didn't steal the idea from someone else.

(I'm aware there is a Hollywood Hero. WONDERful as he is, that's NOT what I'm going for.)
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
    edited April 2014
    The truth is? If I win, that'd be awesome... but I'm still enjoying seeing what other people are submitting. One of my favorite things about CO is how creative this community can be. A lot of ideas I will say 'that's not my thing, but it's still cool in its own way'. It is a matter of personal preference, but the cool thing about a lot of costumes in CO is that I can jack something from it. Heck, I get enjoyment from just sitting and watching what people create even if it's something I would never make myself.

I don't like anime, but I saw a 'street ninja' the other day that just looked ridiculously cool.

I look forward to seeing what people make here. And to be honest, we can be positive... all these things belong to Cryptic now, so we might see them eventually.
  • theghosthacktheghosthack Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    welp... posted up mine.

I'm no artist like Numaman, but hopefully I made up for it, by breaking all my pieces down to the individual parts :-/
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Posted! :smile:
    (in the wrong thread at first, lol, :redface: sorry about that, it's now fixed). :P
    edited April 2014
    Welp, there goes Spordelia. COULDN'T SIT THIS ONE OUT, COULD YOU?

I'm kidding. I like the set. Casual clothes in CO make my toons look like a goob, and we need something more swanky.

I could totally get behind this.

Now take my stuff and make it look like yours so I can win.

(kidding...mostly)
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    spordelia wrote: »
    Hello everyone! :)

So. The following entries were suggested before in the forums, I believe, both of them had a good response. Thought I'd give them another go, for this contest. Good news is, I didn't have to do much (#recycling). The bad: a lil cut & paste = same' ol walls of text. (#sorrynotsorry) :P

Links to the original threads: Heroic Fashion Set & The Oracle Set.

First entry:

1)- Heroic Fashion Set: (aware it's a lousy name choice, actually it doesn't have one. Just 'cause, Heroic Formal :P).

This was actually done ages ago, suggested semi-recently. Civilian outfits for our more style-savvy fashion-forward heroes, when out clubbing or to a nice cocktail party - I felt that while Heroic Formal was very nice and all, it was a little prom-sy. So this would have been a more modern take, "I'm a rockstar", young Hollywood, David and Victoria Beckham kinda thing. The set would also come with a hairstyle for each gender, and facial hair for our handsome boys.

First off, it was about narrowing it down to a style/occasion, not only to keep it cohesive as a set, but also, because otherwise it'd have been a huge Mega-pack with general clothing of all styles & types. That said (click image for higher res version):

cofashionset.jpg

For the ladies: I figured bandage dresses would be interesting, with all the lines, strategically placed at the waist would help it look seamless as a one-piece. That can be difficult to achieve using separates in the CC, especially in lighter shades. Seen our heroic girls at Caprice trying to pull a dress look - usually a belt goes around the waist, in the same color to sorta "cover" that.

It's also a happy medium between short and medium skirts (#2-red is a tad longer), and you could still use these as separates pieces, for your hero's costume. The patterns (especially the tops) are quite versatile that way. Footwear: I had two options for pumps (only one featured in this drawing - the other would have been black strappy leather with metallic studs - see here). A faux fur vest was also on the table at some point, but I didn't get to it. The glasses as seen on #1, just a plus. Hair: I figured a Jen Aniston, kinda, long-layered sleek, not as long as our main long hairstyles, not shoulder-length either. And it'd have been all about those perfect layers, framing her face beautifully. Not sure I nailed the back part there, though.

For the guys: we have a lot that's already covered (suits, jackets...) so again, I figured a more modern, laid-back rockn'n'roll kinda vibe. Unbuttoned formal shirts (a tucked in, full-sleeved version as well), undone ties, chains, tailored suits, blazers and trousers, fitted jeans, all very Gucci/Dolce/RL-esque. Footwear: Ferragamo-like loafers. Glasses: Wayfarer-like shades, as seen on #2. Hair: A frontal spiky-messy 'do. And last but not least, that smexy, scruffy yet perfectly groomed beard style, that would give Mind Slayer pause before she sliced you in half.

Second entry:

2)- The Oracle Set: also recycled from an very old idea/suggestion, added some new stuff, tribal elements, and also a little bit of this new suggestion - check it out if you haven't already.

So: these guys are a tribe of mystical seers, descending from ancient Egypt. Since evolved into their own species; creatures of time and space, constantly struck by visions that they no longer require eyesight, their bodies flowing with the same mystical energy feeding their visions. They might be a little cuckoo, too. These mysterious Oracles live underground, completely isolated from civilization, their lairs privy to only a few seeking their knowledge and advice. They ward themselves against outside viewing - other seers, psychics or even scrying spells -using mystical tattoos and body-painting (no, that's not neon painting, they did not just return from a rave and forgot to bathe, lol), runes glowing with mystic energy, like their head aura & eyes. Their attire: soft and ethereal x hard metal, mystical armor adorned with arcane gems, alluding to the idea of crystal balls, mirrors and other tools of divination. Swirls, lines and straps, flowy translucent fabrics, all going back to infinity, time and space, the very nature of their visions. (click image for higher-version)

cotheoracleset.jpg

This Costume Set (officially) contains:

- Head Aura; a Circlet; a Cowl-neck/chest armor piece; a Cropped Top; Bracers; Armbands; a semi-transparent Skirt/Loincloth; Briefs; a Belt; Gladiator Sandals and Glowy Tattoo Pattens. All pieces adapted and available to both genders.

- Extras: A belly-button ring (as seen on the female) and a swirly ring (seen on the male's finger). Glowy Eyes Aura (also optional, just a visual plus). And: as suggested by another player (thanks @guyhumual), also possibly adding a Khopesh (melee weapon, maybe bathed in that same energy or as Telekinetic Weaponry, etc, would make a cool addition to this set, IMO).

General notes and observations:

One of the points of doing these mockups with the CO-styled mannequins there, as opposed to a free-style drawing: it helps me to get a better sense of fitting, how these would look, behave on a toon's body, every detail, some effort on my end in terms of shape, material, proportions, depth, angle, everything; that I hope was translated or at least conveys the idea well enough.

The gems seen on this set: would have a glow option, "flatter" (only meaning they're not spherical) very similar if not equal to the one from the Arcane Belt in-game. Both the Cowl and Circlet, especially, were designed not to clip (main hairstyles/capes... etc) - as exampled here.

Detailed notes and observations about each piece:

- Head Aura: Here's the thing, really, I've always thought of these guys as being bald, sorta expressionless (maybe even blind), vessels, conduits of these visions. I could've given them pretty hair, sure. But this idea of an exclusive in-set Head Aura, might be the best way to go about it. It's just a perfect fit IMO for this sorta regal, mystical-armored, mysterious oracle.

Suggests brain patterns forming a sorta crown/helmet, bringing the whole mystical-armored seer theme home. Five energy arcs (focus on the central three, the two remaining = crown ) streaming towards the back of the head beautifully, really, like an energy fountain if you will. Added the possibility of combining it with other Auras, and I really think this could be great.

- Circlet: Similar to the piece we have in-game, this mystical circlet is larger, covering most of the forehead and closer to the hairline. Arcane gem in the middle with a ring/holder in metal.

- Cowl: It's a neck-chest armor piece, would go perhaps under Neck or Integrated Shoulder. It's a form-fitting, close-to-body armor piece (i.e: Defender's Armor Cowl or Nephilim's Armor Pointed -with a round/oval front- or Bronze Age) meaning, it's not too bulky. The parts you see there in metallic/gold, both the Neck and bottom/piping/lining, are a bit bulkier than the mid-central part holding the gems, only to give it more depth and detail. That middle part would be like a heavy leather, falling over almost like Tights, but bulkier - though, again, less bulky than the metal/gold. I think (or should hope :P) that the drawing is showing this piece accurately. It's round/oval front and back. Three of the same Arcane-gems on the front and center. The back is plain (no gems) but otherwise identical to the front. I think this would be a great piece!

- Sleeveless Cropped Top: Simple, basic, versatile piece - in demand, I've seen it requested a hundred times - and it goes along (with the cowl in particular) awesome. Length-wise, think the Sport Bra piece in-game, maybe a tad longer because of the double straps there in metal - and a higher neckline. Shown in detail on the lateral figures to the right, both the female's (without the Cowl on top) and the male's version. The male: Conceptually, this guy would be barefoot and bare-chested. The tats would be his thing. For the sake of gender-equal pieces, I gave the male's a go, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the result, how it ties the set up rather nicely. Also, you gotta consider the versatility of all these pieces in different looks, it might work wonders in a different ensemble, even if you might prefer the bare-chested guy's look as shown in the mockup. I'd put the Cropped Top under Chest pieces (rather than Tights & Skin) only as a way to separate the tattoo patterns on the skin, to this piece. Make them more versatile that way. And we do have a number of similar skin-tight pieces,not under Tights & Skin.

- Bracers: Similar/equal in size, proportion, everything - to Nephilim's Armor bracer (regular, non-bladed version), with the exception of the edges in metal there - not unlike the cowl - to give it a little more sense of depth. A single, frontal Arcane-Gem with a metallic holder/ring.

- Swirly Armbands: Pretty straightforward, as seen on the drawing. A swirly, metallic arm piece.

- Skirt: We can do transparencies now! Should be pretty interesting observing the overlapping effects of this (frontal part with back) in all different colors and combos, as well as how it'd react to environment, powers, and Auras. It's a fluid, drape-y piece. The piping there in metal, however, is not transparent, gives it more interest and richness. Unlike the front part, which would be a loincloth, the laterals go on to forming a back cape, of sorts, bringing the piece full-circle.

- Briefs: Felt very necessary. Along the same lines of the Cropped Top, with the metallic piping.

- Studded Belt: A studded belt, with a frontal Arcane-gem. Like the Circlet and Bracers (but unlike the Cowl), the gem's got a ringed-shaped holder. Again, with the metallic edges/piping being a tad bulkier for a slight sense of depth. The studs follow around the back, as expected.

- Gladiator Sandals (Female, high heeled; Male, barefoot): We have the Wrapped Sandals piece in-game. I propose the exact same thing (it's that amazingly perfect of a fit), made in heels for the female, and a barefoot version for the male. I had suggested the female's version to be merged with the pair of pumps from Heroic Fashion, and I did exactly that and it looks STUNNING to me. I'd die for those. It's the ultimate Gladiator! You'd have Glamazons from all over the world placing their orders. Gravitar and Sapphire are already on the waitlist. And so am I! :p It's really amazing heroine footwear, believe it! For the male: not only it was the right thing to do (conceptually), making it a barefoot version, but if the female is getting a high-heeled one, it's also a fine compromise. I gave it a little interest there towards the bottom and added a single frontal stud (like the belt's) where it closes/buckles. Looks amazing, to me! <3

- Glowy Tattoo Patterns: As mentioned above, I'd separate these entirely as a Skin pattern, so they could be used with other pieces, rather than attached to another piece. I don't know how feasible that is, but the glow, things like Millennium Tights make me think so - and regardless, just the idea of tribal-mystical warding tattoo/body-paint patterns, remain interesting to the set, if nothing else, just for concept. They should look almost like magma cracks flowing with energy on the character's bare skin. I think up to 3 patterns, arms/chest/back and maybe one on the leg, should be enough. Though the more variety and versatility, the better.

- Extras: The belly-ring (as seen on the girl) and the swirly metal band as seen around the male's finger. They're more for show, but wouldn't hurt if they could be done. The ideas ^ of the Glowy Eye Aura and the Khopesh; could also be entertained.

Aaand that's all. Hope y'all like these suggestions! :wink:

This has to be the most greatest and well done suggestions made. I saw this a while ago now and I can't express how much I love it. I vote for this costume 100% and will be very dispointed if this don't get picked. The Oracle Set is just super cool looking and we really need more PSI type costumes.

Vote for this people!.

and good luck spordelia I'll be crossing my fingers for you.
    Psi.
  • kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This contest is shaping up to be a lot of fun! We already have a number of very nice submissions.

Can't we just have them all!? :biggrin:

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

(in the wrong thread at first, lol, :redface: sorry about that, it's now fixed). :P

hah! no worries... and thanks for submitting a skirt that is short without being "stripper" short....
    I wish they'd give us skirts and shorts that followed that same design philosophy.

not all ladies want their butt showing out the bottom of their clothes.
    edited April 2014
    not all ladies want their butt showing out the bottom of their clothes.

Yes, and God bless those women who don't feel the need to show their butt to everyone.

The rest should come with me.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Both those costume sets would be awesome. The oracle set (or parts of it at least) would be soooo thematic as an alternate costume on one of my toons.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited April 2014
    Yes, and God bless those women who don't feel the need to show their butt to everyone.

The rest should come with me.

:P

Seriously, though, It's all about options. I'd really like a new "big pack" of civilian clothes.... like the urban pack but less... goofy.
    just providing some additional...depth, to options we already have (not so short skirts... normal looking shorts, camisole tops, hood-down hooded zip-ups, more shoe skins for flats and heel options already available)

you know.. just a means of evolving some things that haven't really changed since launch.

Even some more texture types would be awesome:
    Linen (finely woven.. dull like cloth, but with texture)
    "Hex armor" (subtle hex texture like the Superconductor tights have, but applicable to anything)
    Sheer (particularly for emblems, so we could have something something akin to cut-outs without "cheating")
    Brushed metal (for those of us who don't like to look like a chrome bumper)

...etc.
    edited April 2014
    Pistols
    Cerberus_left_and_right_head_by_Chaos_lives_on.jpg

This is something I could get behind. Reminds me of a modified T-Series lever-action shotgun.
  • beautfldssonancebeautfldssonance Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I submitted the Bug Costume Pack (for lack of a more interesting name) and I really like some of the other costumes too. We'll have to do this costume thing more than once. I really want my bug costume parts, but I also want some of the other stuff other people are making. Like that anime set, and the modern soldier thing, and the Gorgon hair snakes, and the David Bowie costume, and the glowy Oracle set that's like a better version of the Egyptian set. The pistols the person above me posted look awesome.

I can help make stuff sort of. I am awful at the 3-D modelling part, but I've drawn flat image textures (as in JPGs and picture files, not like the details on our tights) before.

"There is a point beyond which there is no return. That point must be reached." - Kafka

[sigpic][/sigpic]
    edited April 2014
    Actually, if anyone in here's got experience moving models and stuff around in CO, hit me up. I have an idea.

And I won't even ask for the credit...

Collaborative efforts ARE acceptable, right?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is something I could get behind. Reminds me of a modified T-Series lever-action shotgun.

Those are pistols from Gungrave. I thought the point was making your own, not throw in models from some other games/movies.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • superamazing911superamazing911 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cyborg.jpg
    edited April 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Those are pistols from Gungrave. I thought the point was making your own, not throw in models from some other games/movies.

Wasn't my submission, Finn.

What's Gungrave? Anime?

Because they still look cool.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I know it wasn't from you, just comment about the submitted picture and where it's from, since
    Please remember that, by submitting a piece of art and a description, you're asserting that you own both -- please don't steal other peoples' ideas. You can certainly draw inspiration, but if you can't honestly claim that you made an idea your own, don't submit it.

And i think you know how to G00GLE.:wink:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited April 2014
    I know it wasn't from you, just comment about the submitted picture and where it's from, since

Huh. Still looks cool. I mean, some minor tweaks were made, I think.

(It's apparently a game. Missed that one. I figured it was some obscure anime.)
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Huh. Still looks cool. I mean, some minor tweaks were made, I think.

(It's apparently a game. Missed that one. I figured it was some obscure anime.)
    Because clearly Foxbat's movie mask is a original idea.
  • masterarukamasteraruka Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My entry:

SnakeCOdesignSmall.jpg

High resolution file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74747669/SnakeCOdesign.jpg

All information, is displayed within the image.

i like the idea behind this one, mostly because we are lacking decent dragon heads/lizard related costumes,the combination of jack fool mask and rockjaw pieces is good, but not soo good and people often mistake you for a demon
  • shilarshilar Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just hope they look at them as more of a challenge. The ones I posted would require a bit more thought than the others, but would put CO a step ahead of the rest of the MMOs (including the fantasy ones!). Yes, Genies are in there via device, but what if I want to play a genie without that powerset, and with just the look?
    Travel Power/Costume suggestions.

Example of Comet Flight: Here.
    edited April 2014
    I'm also hoping that 'good art' doesn't make the determination of 'good costume'. Granted, it makes it easier if something is drawn well, but let's face it... 2d and 3d can be very, very different...
  • beautfldssonancebeautfldssonance Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm also hoping that 'good art' doesn't make the determination of 'good costume'. Granted, it makes it easier if something is drawn well, but let's face it... 2d and 3d can be very, very different...

Yeah. I am the worst computer painter/drawer, so probably no one will vote for my costume set.

"There is a point beyond which there is no return. That point must be reached." - Kafka

[sigpic][/sigpic]
    edited April 2014
    Yeah. I am the worst computer painter/drawer, so probably no one will vote for my costume set.

I would hope that the submissions would be narrowed down to a few entries and we could see Cryptic's 'Concept Art' version of it before the final vote...

because if I'm not mistaken, we're just dropping these suggestions for their inspiration and reference.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Suggestion is pretty simple; The Sports master.

Hey how about adding a cricket bat to that concept - they make great weapons, especially against zombies. Double Internet Points if it's got red on it.
  • evilvillainsevilvillains Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2014

They are indeed from the game Gungrave, which is also an anime. I did google them. I could not draw anime to save my life, which is why I posted the pics. Sorry for any misunderstanding
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    Hey how about adding a cricket bat to that concept - they make great weapons, especially against zombies. Double Internet Points if it's got red on it.

I did read the baseball bat entry.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • nicey102nicey102 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well my submission is in. Its "The SC-Fi Vigilante Set". Hope you all like it
    edited April 2014
    nicey102 wrote: »

I do, my only recommendation? A pistol that's suited to the set.

I would maybe use a couple of those things. I especially like the cyber-eye.
  • nicey102nicey102 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I do, my only recommendation? A pistol that's suited to the set.

I would maybe use a couple of those things. I especially like the cyber-eye.

Cool thanks for the feedback ill see what I can do
    edited April 2014
    Cool thanks for the feedback ill see what I can do

No worries at all. It's your design, but I'll say even if you liked mine and think something is missing, I'll add it to it.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So many wonderful Entries already!

I don't know if I should enter as well... It's been ages since I drew stuff and I have currently No idea (well I do have but my appeal for JRPG and Anthropomorphic character Shenanigans, may turn off "some people")

I sure hope that we will be able to vote More than 1 Entry O_o I see a lot of things that I like here
    First entry:

1)- Heroic Fashion Set: (aware it's a lousy name choice, actually it doesn't have one. Just 'cause, Heroic Formal :P).

cofashionset.jpg

You have my YES!
    make the hair available for Beast and Monster heads (my little Kitty needs that Hairstyle) and you have my YES

I actually do want the Orarcle Set as well but if we won't able to vote more than 1 I am doomed
    kaizerin wrote: »
    guitarwarrior.jpg
    (larger image link)

80's Guitar Warrior Costume Set
    Embrace your inner rockstar! This costume set will let you dawn the rockin' style of the 80's.

I am really Digging this!
    Loving the whole outfit AND the fact that the Guitar will be a Heavy Weapon

malvou wrote: »
    Sea.jpg

Imagine seeing this super powered being wash up on the beach one day covered in all kinds of sea plants and animals. That's what I'm going for here.

Sea Dweller costume concept
    @Malvourus

Notes:
    The head is under bestial. It is modeled like a squid.
    Since we already have a mouth tentacle part in game, it can be part of the head, or not.
    Head Barnacles can be toggled on and off, like switching skins on a lizard head in the tailor.
    All of the seaweed I would like to be seen layered and have some parts droop and have jigglebones
    The Tentacle arms I would like to see act like the Roin'esh costume parts. Under Long Glove and take up the entire hand. Maybe Jigglebone. I don't know.
    Shell Shield can be worn as a Bracer
    Shell Axe can be for Single/Double Blade and Heavy Weapons

All of these can be for both genders.

Lord Cthulhu would be Pleased!
    Kuddos for the Sea Shell Bra
    zeze7 wrote: »
    battlemage_costume_by_blindserpent-d7d66uw.png

My entry for the contest.

Battlemage costume.

Description:
    Whoever said all mages and wizards have to wear robes and pointy hats?
    This costume is made for characters who likes to get up close and personal.
    Blast your enemies away at point blank range and still manage to walk away without a scratch.
    The costume was designed with magical characters in mind but can of course be used by anyone who's not affraid to get a little dirty.

This is actually I definitely want to see Ingame

The Chestpiece
    The Belt
    The whole Jacket!
    YES
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited April 2014
    avianos wrote: »

I don't know if I should enter as well... It's been ages since I draw stuff and I have currently No idea (well I do have but my appeal for JRPG and Anthropomorphic character Shenanigans, may turn off "Cybersoldier1981")

Yeah.

LOL.

I won't lie, though- throw some sci-fi armor in there, some pistols? I don't care if it's Animu Furry Wobblebooty Costume set... I'm sold, as long as I can hijack a few items.

Like that battlemage armor? I would hope that armor plating on the hips is a belt accessory, hips wear, or belt itself. That plate inside the hood? Yep, I'd use that, too. Maybe even the boots.

Just to give you an idea of how I work here. All I care about is if the set has something I can nab and use.
  • summereveningsummerevening Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Saw Malvou's sea monster design - had barnacle shoulders on mine, too! Would like barnacle shoulders regardless of whatever wins.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Me needs Guitar Heavy Weapon! I had Death Metal's outfit all set up for the Guitar-Axe that was in the concept art, and no joy. I'll settle for one of those Flying Vs, though, especially if one of the Detail options is an Eddie Van Halen-style tape wrap.

Oh, and in re: the Battlemage set: one of the primary rules I have followed whenever I've dressed a mage character is, "Never work higher magic in clothes you can't run in." That would make an interesting alternative to tights, especially for a technomage.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited April 2014

male_fashion_croquis_11_by_cirk_us-d491129_edited-1copy.jpg

That mask. I already have an idea.

Yes, I am making a Night-Avenger-ish Vigilante.

And yes. I IS inspired by Arkham Knight...

And yes, I'm using different colors and changing the costume.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    that battlemage is actually a very nice one Avianos, I like Kaizerins one too. It's not a suit and tie plain, it's actually got a lot of shape detail in the coat.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have updated my Holoforce Set with the armor pictures, any comments welcome.

I do think although it is a "tech set" I have kept the stylings broad enough that the parts would work for mystical / technomagik / psionic armor when using the suggested "hard light" material
    edited April 2014
    That mask. I already have an idea.

Yes, I am making a Night-Avenger-ish Vigilante.

And yes. I IS inspired by Arkham Knight...

And yes, I'm using different colors and changing the costume.

heh, meanwhile, all I can see is Nova Corps.

I love the idea of a "piecemeal" helmet (though we've kind of got that already... but YES to more options, always :P)

but as soon as you put that "star cross" on the helmet, it becomes:
    Nova.png

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE nova (Rider and Alexander) but I would be worried about potential for copyright issues :-/
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    heh, meanwhile, all I can see is Nova Corps.

I love the idea of a "piecemeal" helmet (though we've kind of got that already... but YES to more options, always :P)

but as soon as you put that "star cross" on the helmet, it becomes:
    Nova.png

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE nova (Rider and Alexander) but I would be worried about potential for copyright issues :-/

Nova was of course inspiration for it. The idea wasn't really just that star but more to use the current emblems and have them placeable on the helm and shoulders etc. most it was the build a helm idea.

I don't think copyrights fall into costume pieces. I'm pretty sure they could add superman logo(a-z) and be fine. If it doesn't then they need to remove A LOT of what they already have.
  • tariser12tariser12 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not sure if it qualifies since it's mostly tails but...

Lobster style head and tail

Crab claw style hands

Chest piece that looks like folded extra set of legs (doesn't move just looks like insect legs)

Ant abdomen - tail

Scorpion tail

Praying Mantis -- hands (or bracers if easier)
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    still waiting on somebody to submit a powered armored ninja.

I'm terrible at drawing.

Do it for me.

Hail Caliga.
    edited April 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    still waiting on somebody to submit a powered armored ninja.

I'm terrible at drawing.

Do it for me.

Hail Caliga.

Working with a friend on getting a 'hi-tech Mercenary/assassin' thing that sorta works with that. Anything in particular you want to see?
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Working with a friend on getting a 'hi-tech Mercenary/assassin' thing that sorta works with that. Anything in particular you want to see?

Yeah.

Make it bad ****.