edited January 2014
    This is my version of the future super police,in the morning

1500923_237544666423723_410387456_o.jpg

1553427_237544739757049_399910536_o.jpg
  • Options
    c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i-Bot, street cleaner extrodinaire

Mechanon had a problem. Despite his best efforts, his secret base looked and smelled like a hobo's doss house. Somehow he couldn't stop himself from treating his housekeepers with his usual genocidal tendencies. The solution was obvious, develop a robotic cleaner. However, his first model exploded violently when it cleared up various spilt chemicals, which combined to form a highly volatile substance. His next project would be capable of cleaning up anything, no matter how big or how dangerous. Thus the Dieson MC-41 Ultra vacuum was born. It's highly developed AI allowed it to cope with any issue and it's advanced multi tools could cope with any dirt, no matter how tough. Whether it really needed flamethrowers, Gatling guns and rocket launchers to clean household stains was debatable, but Mechanon didn't want to take the chance.

All went well until the day the Dieson was clearing up a newspaper and happened to read the title on the front page. The article concerned the damage the recent Qulaar Invasion had caused and was titled 'After the Invasion, who will clean up the City?' The Dieson quickly set off to clean up the mess and in the process discovered that there were many others who were still making a mess of the city. It calculated that prevention is better than the cure and this quantum leap allowed him to break Mechanon's shackles and become self aware. Seeking a new name for itself, it chose i-Bot, in honour of Asimov's books. It's advanced architecture reconfigured itself to suit the new mission and now it leads the fight on grime and crime in Millennium City. Some think that he may judge litter bugs too harshly, but others think the death penalty is the least they deserve.

Original look, dealing with litter bugs:

screenshot_2014-01-25-02-36-00_zps28d2bd59.jpg

Close up:

screenshot_2014-01-25-02-45-23_zps050ebe73.jpg

After he watched one too many Robocop movies:

screenshot_2014-01-22-15-22-59_zpsd3e16146.jpg

Jailbreaks and i-Bots go hand in hand, just don't tell Apple:

screenshot_2014-01-25-02-53-32_zps099aa06b.jpg
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is my character Elizabeth at her job as a nurse at Mercy Hospital.

"Okay, I had nothing to do with this!"
    k54jfc.jpg

The Incredibly Broke passed out from another drinking binge
    xdckme.jpg

Rose_sig.png
  • Options
    badcyborg2badcyborg2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    corsica_zps6dea801e.png
    Corsica is an exotic dancer. She dances, so you don't have to. She is one of many everyday heroes that bring joy and entertainment of a rare kind to people in need daily.
    corsica_stands_crop_zpsac97d410.png

Another type of hero is the Angel. For years angels have been an inspiration and comfort to many people around the world. Some say they even help protect people everyday for illness and harm. Like most everyday heroes these are soldiers who fight battles big and small.
    angel_descends_crop_zps9938f1ff.png
  • Options
    ncweber00ncweber00 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I have a couple of heroes who work as regular everyday heroes in their down time.

First, Maasai warrior Azura works as a zoo veterinarian in her down time, helping sick animals from around the world.

uc?id=0By5wHKV-4-AHaS02b2J6QjNzS3M&export=download

Then, there is Metalskin, the hero covered in a living liquid armor of alien metal. On his off hours, he works as a research scientist in the area of cybernetics.

uc?id=0By5wHKV-4-AHTF9kRUVIaXp2NUE&export=download

Next, is the extraterrestrial heroine Monolith who uses her experience as an intergalatic law agent for her day job as a police officer.

uc?id=0By5wHKV-4-AHa3pHYXJmclRIYzQ&export=download

Finally, I have the invincible Tool Gal. When not fighting villains with her massive forge hammer and her nail gun, she does regular construction work.

uc?id=0By5wHKV-4-AHT05sLVJWVHFpTDA&export=download
    Post edited by ncweber00 on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Finally we have the hero most unsung, the video game developer. See here where a developer works on the game called Champions Online to address an issue..
    dev_bugfix_zpscaf3037f.png

dev_noqa_zpsc585b84c.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I almost forgot about another unsung (or at least undersung) hero of the city.

Many have spoken of the exploits of the mystic hero Dr. Destiny:
    DrDestiny.png

...but few outside the Department of Paraphysics at University of Michigan Millennium City know of the hard work of educator Randall W. Destiny, Ph.D., adjunct professor of Applied Thaumaturgy!

DrRandallWDestinyPhD.png
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    supermushroom92supermushroom92 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    140125052231561631.png

140125051906909257.png

140125052002278831.png

140125052139118744.png

Have fun all =)
  • Options
    velis3velis3 Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The American Soldier... to me, there is no greater hero. The men and women who oppose tyranny around the world, they fight for one thing: Freedom. Freedom for you, for me, for all peoples. The American Soldier, helping to make the world a safer place.

Soldier.jpg

And on a lighter note, we have Bob the Tourist, doing his part to help keep the economy strong. To Bob and his fellow tourists across the globe, we thank you for spending your hard earned money on frivolous and unnecessary things. WAY TO GO, BOB!!

BobtheTourist-1.jpg
  • Options
    hellbender91hellbender91 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    my everyday hero!

1488834_209745489230003_1326667600_n.jpg

1491623_209745505896668_1663933619_n.jpg
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    badcyborg2 wrote: »
    corsica_zps6dea801e.png

Major Cleavage....'nuff said :biggrin:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    corsica_zps6dea801e.png
    Tersichorean ecdysiast :biggrin:
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2014
    clip that picture was not meant to be in that post
    I think we are starting to get some really odd ideas about heroes

hero

he?ro
    [heer-oh] Show IPA
    noun, plural he?roes; for 5 also he?ros.
    a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
    a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.
    the principal male character in a story, play, film, etc.
    Classical Mythology .
    a.
    a being of godlike prowess and beneficence who often came to be honored as a divinity.
    b.
    (in the Homeric period) a warrior-chieftain of special strength, courage, or ability.
    c.
    (in later antiquity) an immortal being; demigod.

• Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Finally we have the hero most unsung, the video game developer. See here where a developer works on the game called Champions Online to address an issue..[/URL]

Hey... that was my idea! I already did that. Step off, yo! >.>
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    edited January 2014
    Back in the '70s, Booker Blaze was the hottest hero in Detroit, and not just because he was a powerful pyrokinetic.

Booker%20Blaze%201974.jpg?psid=1

Years of being a superhero take their toll if you don't have a healing factor, though, and lingering back and hip injuries had slowed him down from his prime. He was semi-retired when Dr. Destroyer attacked on that fateful day in 1992. Working with an evacuation detail along I-75, he could only watch from the 8 Mile Rd. ramp as Destroyer's orbital cannon fired on downtown.

In the aftermath, Booker decided that he'd be more valuable to the city by contributing to the relief effort than as an aging superhero. He's worked in civil service ever since.

Booker%20Blaze%202014.jpg?psid=1

Today, Booker Cunningham works with at-risk youth in Westside. Some of the younger kids don't even know that Booker was once a superhero. They just wonder how his coffee never seems to get cold.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Major Cleavage....'nuff said :biggrin:

Major? She doesn't look like a Major to me. Doesn't even look like she's in the military.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    shadewolfeshadewolfe Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    First I have my character Worse Cop with one of his fellow officers.

3kiv.jpg

Second I have my character Feedback as an astronaut.

pn1j.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Back in the '70s, Booker Blaze was the hottest hero in Detroit, and not just because he was a powerful pyrokinetic.

Booker%20Blaze%201974.jpg?psid=1

Years of being a superhero take their toll if you don't have a healing factor, though, and lingering back and hip injuries had slowed him down from his prime. He was semi-retired when Dr. Destroyer attacked on that fateful day in 1992. Working with an evacuation detail along I-75, he could only watch from the 8 Mile Rd. ramp as Destroyer's orbital cannon fired on downtown.

In the aftermath, Booker decided that he'd be more valuable to the city by contributing to the relief effort than as an aging superhero. He's worked in civil service ever since.

Booker%20Blaze%202014.jpg?psid=1

Today, Booker Cunningham works with at-risk youth in Westside. Some of the younger kids don't even know that Booker was once a superhero. They just wonder how his coffee never seems to get cold.
    can we vote too?

I vote for this one.
    He's knows he can't do what he used to but continues doing what he can.

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My hero is Trailturtle. Sometimes, I am mean to him. And, well, you do have to properly discipline him or he gets out of hand. A good spanking does him well. Also, he is quite womanly, and therefore delicate- so I do have to cuddle with him afterward and let him know I still love him. He is precious, and brave- delivering news to us (or at least he used to). He is in Hawaii right now with his family, but that's all right- I know where he is and I will find him if he doesn't come back. I will drag him kicking and screaming.

I was going to make him in a Hawaiian getup but I changed my mind. My everyday hero is Trailturtle in his underwear and bathrobe out by his unmanly smart car.

Ux2JPJP.jpg
  • Options
    numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ever tired of loose ends from a damage car? Feeling upset that Destroids demolish that one sweet ride you wish to bring your daughter to the prom? Well No More!
    BmSOhfK.jpg

Greetings, humans and other fellow creatures of the universe.
    We over at F.L.E.A. Market will ease the sorrow of those broken beyond repair parts of yours into a brand new accelerated vehicle that will bring fun and joy to your pitiful lifes without having to sue anyone at all!
    Yes, here at F.L.E.A. Market are products will be sold right to you without even attending to our store at all!
    In your bed room, or your neighborhood lawn right next to that family pet of yours..
    Call 912 - FLEA
    I repeat 912 - FLEA today to get a free lifetime offer or else we will have to send you to a nearby dying star!!

Order now
    Or else!
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    can we vote too?

I vote for this one.
    He's knows he can't do what he used to but continues doing what he can.

It's a good story, too bad this isn't a story contest because I think this would win. ;D
  • Options
    fringelordfringelord Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Harness, a rigger for the Milinium City Bureau of Reclamation
    Harness_zps2c2883d9.png
    But the Real Hero is...
    Mom_zps3755272f.png

MOM!
  • Options
    myestra1myestra1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Even tho your flight would be having turbulence or slightly rough landing, like in photo, rest assured that our flight attendant Jane will make sure you have as pleasant flight as possible.

She also can handle all threats on board, with her teddy bear-minigun, grenades and assault rifle.

Jane.jpg?psid=1
  • Options
    springhawkspringhawk Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's a good story, too bad this isn't a story contest because I think this would win. ;D

You're right. Nonetheless, this "retired heroe" is the most creative one I've seen here. In this particular case, costume and history are inseparable. Too bad for me, my chances to win dropped! ;-)
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok, my submissions are:

The Arachnid in his officially sanctioned MCPD costume

screenshot_2014-01-26-08-24-32.jpg?t=1390746717

Overkill in his Policebot armor

screenshot_2014-01-26-08-31-56.jpg?t=1390746923

The ever insane Jester thinks it's time for a check-up

screenshot_2014-01-26-09-14-17.jpg?t=1390746626

And Skid Row Avenger dropping off a package as the friendly neighborhood UPS Man

screenshot_2014-01-26-09-40-58.jpg?t=1390747737
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My final entries:

The loveable Goreg the Cyclops helping out where he can

screenshot_2014-01-26-09-09-20.jpg?t=1390746881

screenshot_2014-01-26-09-07-29.jpg?t=1390746775

screenshot_2014-01-26-09-06-05.jpg?t=1390746834

And the Garbage Man turned superhero, Toxin, still continues with his day job

screenshot_2014-01-26-09-44-45.jpg?t=1390747788
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Here is bug-hunter extraordinaire, Orkin Man.

3501blw.jpg

Here he is checking under the sink for bugs.

104pw6a.jpg

And don't forget about his brother, Conan the Librarian.

aeqf6r.jpg

Or Zoomaster Joe.

2e4x7rp.jpg

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Sheriff Tex Austin and his robotic deputy, Barney Fifo.

2zr3rf6.jpg

Celebrating after a hard day of dispensing frontier justice.

24mxlab.jpg

Super pilot Ace Flyboy.

11i3lz6.jpg

Patrolling the skies over Argent for trouble.

v5a7h3.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Mrs. Snickerdoodle baking up another batch of cookies.

256wtmv.jpg

OOPS!

b469nt.jpg

And last but certainly not least, The Cosmic Rocker.

2ivi35y.jpg

Jamming on the roof of his penthouse.

244qm3m.jpg

• Options
    captaincasauboncaptaincasaubon Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Team submission.

ko42qu8.jpg
    Play Hard!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@Casaubon ~
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Conan the librarian is an OLLLLLD joke( 80's old). My freind has Conan the Grammarian

the arachnid I read as the official sanctioned insect...brain functioning now.

Jane :doesn't using a minigun and grenades in a plane negate a safe flight?

Cosmic rocker- fishnets, corset, male............... eye bleach, where are you?
    At least he's on the roof where he can only cause crashes by distracting fliers.:biggrin:

Joe the pet walker- able tokeep any type of animal from attacking others, while being walked.(Disclaimer: this does not include destroids, gang memebers or any other potentially hostile sentients.)

we're starting to get a nice collection of interesting ones. Now where's the cookie supply hidden?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Temple Guard

This poor hero has to cope with countless thieves breaking in and stealing a priceless Golden Monkey artifact. Despite their best efforts, he always manages to chase them down or they die in one the many traps or simply mistime their jumps and turns and subsequently perish.

Despite the countless failed attempts, there is always more and more fools ready to try. Sadly, the hero guard can never relax and must stay ever vigilant.

screenshot_2014-01-26-22-45-18_zpscdc24864.jpg

screenshot_2014-01-26-22-44-08_zps55b35606.jpg

screenshot_2014-01-26-22-39-48_zpsb39533ac.jpg
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Vendorman

Vendorman is your typical street vendor. He makes sure that we never go hungry with his tantalizing array of hot snacks and frosty beverages. However, despite having no super-powers, special skills or even any fighting prowess, he is often seen defending his fellow citizens against the many evils that befall Millennium City. Fearlessly he fights crime whenever it rears it's ugly head, with his trusty cooking utensils and his chili based condiments.

screenshot_2014-01-26-22-33-17_zpsf961c4c0.jpg

screenshot_2014-01-27-03-47-30_zps7f78ae41.jpg

screenshot_2014-01-27-02-42-19_zps449ca0ae.jpg
  • Options
    guardianettieguardianettie Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    FLOWER CHIYOKO

The rarest flower in the world. It is known to bring joy and happiness to everyone who finds her growing in the gardens of Westside.

original.png?1390795345

DETECTIVE CHIYOKO

Chiyoko is always at the scene of a crime discovering new leads.

original.png?1390795924
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    Cosmic rocker- fishnets, corset, male............... eye bleach, where are you?
    At least he's on the roof where he can only cause crashes by distracting fliers.:biggrin:

Don't forget the big hair, combat boots, star tats and wireless mike... straight out of the 80s baby! :tongue:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Yes the Nightmare! He is an everyday hero; that specter of the mind that is always there for us when we need him. He asks nothing in return and receives little thanks but he knows he is needed and bravely serves...

[ This one's for you Chaelk, who has struggled to understand some of the more unusual entries in the list so far. ]

nm_zps00d088e9.png

nm_lurking_zps2f93d7af.png

nm_react_zps6c1e5762.png

nm_burst_zps15787391.png
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Getting some payback for the destruction.
    Local hero Jack 'Hardhat' Hartigan fights Doctor Destroyer!
    0687d306-94ea-4d9c-938b-5ac698a1785f_zps49b76eb3.jpg

Granny Hartigan.
    'My son sure showed that evil doctor whos who.'
    9e098734-a40d-4eee-bcc3-76416501e849_zps41d4a088.jpg

The General, man behind Millennium City's Hotdog vendors!
    Yes, he is a bit eccentric.
    9237cbf0-6123-4c96-b273-edb818297c1d_zps021ae311.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Self-made inventor and survivalist Bob 'Robert' McRobert dressed in his Monster Island explorer armor.
    'Those pesky dinosaurs can't bite thru this tempered steel armor and protective head cage.
    But that big one, is a bit of a problem... You can't really run fast wearing this thing.
    '
    0f2f527a-821d-4a77-9d2c-e0fde78ddbed_zps16d2f144.jpg1a662a30-8776-4e6c-b65c-2289f376acbd_zpsf1e4ed39.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    kaltor74kaltor74 Posts: 0
    edited January 2014
    Jayhawk_zpsb815dd49.png

Inspiration

US Coast Guard Jayhawk

uscg_jayhawk_zps159648a6.jpg
  • Options
    xainvaldorexainvaldore Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    f6theazeanj
  • Options
    kaltor74kaltor74 Posts: 0
    edited January 2014
    Enforcer_zpsc7e2d57c.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Chiyoko Plays Football?

Chiyoko plays football for charity on the Westside High School football field.

original.png?1390927081
    original.png?1390927077
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    and for the second part of the competition, everyone must count the Chiyoko's. AND locate their time machine.
    Gotta find them all including any which are in other peoples pictures.
    you could have named The Nightmare, Conscience - "my conscience made me turn my self in, no really, it's out here waiting."

• Options
    edited January 2014
    That sounds funny! :)
  • Options
    ignengiignengi Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As the sun goes down, Officer Knine starts his shift in Millennium City.

knine.png
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Last night a DJ saved my life..

..his name was Howling Harry Cross, diminutive blue furred adventurer and DJ at Millennium's own classic Rock station 103.9 WEGG. He also occasionally has oldies nights at Caprice. When not rocking the airwaves, Harry is a member of the Firewatch Initiative (who despite the name do not sit and stare at fires!).

Liath_HHC_Collage_zps718ad96e.jpg~original
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    JQP_zps7d5599b7.jpg
    John Q. Public: CPA - The accountant more superheroes trust
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    ...the Firewatch Initiative (who despite the name do not sit and stare at fires!).
    Well, of course they don't just sit there- they take initiative, and start fires to stare at!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"