test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Official Hideout Functionality Thread!

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestions Box
Post your ideas for ways to expand upon the functionality of hideouts here.

Ideas we've had/things I've heard so far:

Account Wide Storage (In the works)
Power Trainer (In the works)
Training Dummy
Trophy Room
Crafting Room
Travel Room
Customizable NPCs
Auction House Interface
Vendor (to sell stuff to)
Bank Access
Entrance/Exit Keybinds

If you have suggestions for the existing hideouts, post them here: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1879256

If you have ideas for future hideout types, post them here: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1879248
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Some bind commands to exit and enter the hideout please. It would allow us to be able to create binds to change to our secret identity costumes when entering, and go all superheroey when exiting. :)

Edit: Also binds to change current hideout would be cool. So we can hook them to builds.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Tumerboy wrote:
    Post your ideas for ways to expand upon the functionality of hideouts here.

Ideas we've had/things I've heard so far:

Account Wide Storage (In the works)
    Power Trainer (In the works)
    Training Dummy
    Trophy Room
    Crafting Room
    Travel Room
    Customizable NPCs

A place to level would be great. I'd really like to get away from having to go to the Powerhouse and talk to some cat to level. It seems like this could be done with a training dummy or room type set up. I realize that's all already listed but I just want to say that this would be high on my list of things I'd like to see.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    These are some of the things I would like. Mostly, these are to make my hideout THE place to go to empty my bags and get back to teaming with my friends as quickly as possible.
    • Someone to sell to would be great. Maybe you could also buy the Stim Pack type items from them as well.
    • Also, an Auction Hall interface.
    • Access to my bank.

Basically, I want Ren Center in a bottle. It may be asking for the moon, but we just GOT THE MOON, so I know it's totally doable. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    With all of the Hideout concepts posted in the other thread, I have to wonder what they will feature beyond the static environment. I mean, how will they compete with Moonbase and its retractable dome and sleeping pods?

Perhaps unique environmental music, but I suppose we can provide our own.

For a universal hideout feature, maybe some kind of visual mission/perk/achievement tracker. Perhaps as a display option in the weapons cases. Get all the Nem Con perks and Shadow Destroyer's helmet shows up in your weapon/trophy case. Find all of the lore in Therakiel's Temple and his sword shows up in your case. Every lair and Cosmic could have something associated with them. Maybe zone related souvenirs for exploration perks.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Travel room as in something like Unity's teleporter?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I believe duelling is also a want for a hideout feature as well. Bonus points if mom yells at you for trashing the place (as an option.)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Temprus wrote:
    Travel room as in something like Unity's teleporter?

Ya, the thought being something like the X-Jet, or Batman's Batmobile Platform. . . it would let you travel to different zones directly from your hideout, rather than just going back to where you came from like the current door does.

I don't know if this will happen or not, it was just an idea.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Small suggestion, but I'd love it if the two other doors in the moon base opened, even if it was just onto an empty, circular coridor that joined to the other door. I keep walking up to them and expecting them to open and then being all like, "boooo".

edit: I've since read that these doors are to allow room for expansion, so that's cool. Leaving the suggestion here anyhow because I still think it'd be neat to have until said expansion arrives.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Tumerboy wrote:
    Ya, the thought being something like the X-Jet, or Batman's Batmobile Platform. . . it would let you travel to different zones directly from your hideout, rather than just going back to where you came from like the current door does.

So, for my Basement hideout, I'd have an old motor scooter parked in a corner?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'd like to have my choice of a private dungeon/wall shackles/floor shackles/ ceiling shackles/lab table/dissection table/stasis field/high-tech cell/both "silence of the lambs" type cells/coffins/sarcophagus/taxidermy display/encased in plastic display/turned to stone display/marble bust display/portrait gallery/etc from which I could reminisce about my former nemesis(nemeses) and show them to visitors.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I want the ability to link Hideouts and even but multiple copies of the same type of hideout so I can link them. I would love to buy a new Moon base that looks different from current one and be able to go down one of the side tunnels to enter it so I have even more space. Or at the very least the ability once the transport room is created the ability to transport from it to the transport room of say the cave or penthouse.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Tumerboy wrote:
    Please, make it so, Number One! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Please allow us to craft using items stored in the Shared Bank (maybe take from bags first, then bank, then shared).
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Could we possibly have some functionality that lets us change the computers or add more wall adornments? The moonbase feels very antiseptic and 'new'. Even just adding a coffee machine or kitchen area or bathroom door would make it seem more liveable. :P
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Crafting tables (able to choose which profession table table to display and use. Not all three showing at once.)
    Assistance that maintains the place (like a maid, butler, friend, sidekick, robot ect.) He/she can patrol the place. Functionality could include giving advice and explain roles and such.
    Transportation to zones such as monster island and canada.
    Addtional rooms. I know it's a lot to ask but additional rooms for Aesthetics reasons such as storage/weapons room with some hideouts. With places like a cave and moonbase I don't want to be confined to a single area.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The clothing dummy one is the one I want the most, really.

Imaging having a power armour character who puts up the armour while being all casual. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'd love a trophy room. Some trophies found, some bought on the C-Store, but the majority I'd like to see would be earned through perks.

*A giant Teliosaurus skull from defeating the big bad lizard.
    *Shadow Destroyer's battered helmet for freeing Mutlifaria
    *Etc
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Being able to log out and then log back in still in the hideout. Example, Go to moonbase and enter sleep pod log for the night. Next day you log in you are still in the sleep pod. Currently you are back in Millenium city.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    One thing, it would be handy if the Crime Computer had a "Search for Emergency" button like the one you can access from your journal. I know you can access the emergency search from your journal anyway, but still.

Also, it would be cool if you could accept AP and comic series missions from it.

And, as others have suggested, use it like an UNTIL terminal.

Oh, and maybe be able to pick up Nemesis clues from it too.

Y'know that crime computer has a load of potential.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    In expanding upon the "teleporter platform" idea:

I once thought in-game vehicles would be great, but the work/physics and such that would go into it might make it a tall order. And that's if it's possible to begin with in the game engine.

But what about customizable vehicles in the bases? Like, a Batmobile-esque platform that rises up with steam and such, or a separate dome on the moon base with a ship, or a garage/tunnel branching from the basement with a motorcycle, just to name a few.

The vehicles could be totally customizable from different parts, add-ons, paint schemes, much like the character creator. But in the end, they serve the same purpose as the chopper in MC: just a teleport point. You can just click it to leave the base or port to another zone.

So, in essence, it's a customizable teleporter that gives players something else to make their characters and hideouts more unique, in addition to a coolness factor.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    How about being able to name our hideouts (on a per character basis, of course)? I know it's a small thing, but it would be fun if when you hit that button to go to your hideout, it was labeled something like "To the Taco Cave!" or "Enter the Kitty's Den!"
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Alaric wrote:
    How about being able to name our hideouts (on a per character basis, of course)? I know it's a small thing, but it would be fun if when you hit that button to go to your hideout, it was labeled something like "To the Taco Cave!" or "Enter the Kitty's Den!"

Might be possible, have to check with the software team. I too would love to retire to "Tumerboy's Snazzidellic Cave of Tomfoolery".

That's copyrighted. . . don't try and steal it. . .
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I was glad to find I can queue and enter PvP matches from my snazzy moon base, but I noticed that after the match I get returned to my previous location e.g. ren center. It would be great if we got returned to our hideouts after the match (this will probably effect PvE queueing too when they get that in place for lairs, so it's not such a minority issue).

Possibly along the same lines, I noticed that the hideout instance closes right away when we leave. It would be nice if the hideouts took the standard ~5 minutes to collapse the instance with no one there, similar to instanced missions. I'm sure it helps with server load to collapse the instance asap, but it would help the persistent location feeling if it were a bit more persistent. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    a Vault (independant of the bank???) i doubt i would use the bank anymore, travel to my hideout would be 100% more convient and also incentive for players to either go gold or purchase a hideout

interchaingable carafting tables (one default, can buy two more via the atari store)

costume maniquinnes (walking upto and clicking on a maniquinne takes you into the tailor for that costume)

training hall
    mobile training room +static target room +defensive laser testing +battle station all rolled into one
    function is swiched at a console like in the power house
    (like the main area of the hidout this room is customisable players can sellect diffent layouts for each function and so on, this area will also allow you to duel anyone you invite into your hideout)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'll repost this here, since I'm a poncey ponce who ponces about poncingly...also I didn't notice the official thread:

1) Nemesis stations - How can I obsessively hunt down my various enemies effectively if I have to leave the comfort of my own home?

2) Training dummies - like they have in the power house. Maybe just one. Maybe have the option to switch it from a dummy, to a training bag or something else.

3) This is personal. Bows for my display case! I get axes, swords, flintlocks but no bows? That makes me sad My main is an archer, I need to bask in the glory of my horribly antiquated weapons!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'd like more options added to the current computer interface. Mail, Auction House, and Nemesis terminal all from the current computer council.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I might be the only one. but I was hoping to be able to allow other players access to my hideout even when I'm not in it. The reason being is that until SG bases are implemented these hideouts could work as sort of a make shift SG base. For example I know Everquest 2 allows you to set access to your Housing to anyone, friends only, or a list of players you allow. This way my group could have a specific place to gather and I dont always have to be on. You wouldn't need to create any extra instances because they cant be in their own hideout and mine at the same time. And when everyone has left you can close the instance like normal, until someone else access it.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Missions for our crime computer.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I have noticed that in each of the "Hideouts" there are three doors. One door is the exit and two others. There are soon to be two new types of each hideout to come out soon. Does this mean that if we purchase two to three of a certain type of "Hideout" say Arcane Mystic, Druid, Alchemist, that we could use those other doors to go into those other Hideouts we own in that group? Without zoning out of the Hideouts. If not its a good idea I just thought it looked like it might be that way because of the doors.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    - Nemesis computer!
    - Shared bankspace across characters!
    - Crafting tables! Especially if they can do all crafting types, regardless of base type, that'd be golden. It'd be simpler; there really should be no reason that you should be restricted to specific bases for specific crafting types.

Those are the big ones. Less important things would be:

-Duelspace room; an open room/platform that offers sufficient space to fight. A computer/spawner that lets you create dummies or other enemy groups could also be cool?
    -Teleport to Rencen. Teleports to the Forward base in Canada and Proj. Greenskin would also be nice, but not strictly required. The fact that the VIP lounge allows people to teleport to those locations as well makes me question the limitations your personal bases should have.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Magnis- wrote:
    I have noticed that in each of the "Hideouts" there are three doors. One door is the exit and two others. There are soon to be two new types of each hideout to come out soon. Does this mean that if we purchase two to three of a certain type of "Hideout" say Arcane Mystic, Druid, Alchemist, that we could use those other doors to go into those other Hideouts we own in that group? Without zoning out of the Hideouts. If not its a good idea I just thought it looked like it might be that way because of the doors.

It does not indicate that. Those doors are there for possible future expansions like Trophy Rooms, Crafting Rooms, Transport Rooms, or Chinchilla Rooms.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Right now my chinchillas are all over the place.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Tumerboy wrote:
    It does not indicate that. Those doors are there for possible future expansions like Trophy Rooms, Crafting Rooms, Transport Rooms, or Chinchilla Rooms.

Duratok would thank you personally if he could have a Trophy Room for his cave.

Hope you like moose meat!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Loganius wrote:
    Hope you like moose meat!

BOY HOWDY!
    I don't know if that means yes or no. . .
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It would be cool if we could free the camera away from our character while in the hideout, so that we could admire the character + hideout combination from all different angles, sweep the camera around, etc.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    /setcamdist 100, left click and drag around yourself.

Or invite a friend over to play cameradude.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The functionality I wish to see added to hideouts? The ability to duel people! I want to engage someone in mortal kombat over the pit of teleportation in the cave!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It would be awesome to have a mannequin (or more) in your hideout, to show-off your costume(s).:D

edit; Maybe a display for that favourite action-figure to stand on.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Menicus wrote:
    It would be awesome to have a mannequin (or more) in your hideout, to show-off your costume(s).:D

I could get behind this too. Maybe you could use the costume saves from the tailor and load them onto a manequin or a glass display case or something. It could give you a way to "store your extra outfit" until you went to change. You know, a place to hang your work suit while at home.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thiiink I had this in the wrong place, moved it to the right thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'd like to a new means of entry engineered.

What I'd like is the corridor of doors from Get Smart. What would really be spiffy is if it all started with a phone-booth elevator. It would be adequate to have but one entry phone-booth present somewhere in MC for access.

As an added effect I'd truly welcome a Cone of Silence device for all hideouts (complete with quirky malfunctions as seen in the show).
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Was talking about ideas with some sg-mates. We came up with an idea for Action Figure display case(s) or shelves.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Danger Room/Dueling Room, where you can fight holograms and stuff, duel your friends and those you already have, fight their saved holograms at a later date-but I guess the last bit is close to impossible for the number of variables but oh well the first two.
    A medic NPC just to interact with(would be perfect by the pods in the moonbase), option to put a tailor with the tailor area, costume can depend on the base and gender for the owner to decide.
    An NPC by the crime computer to act like someone keeping a tab on things going on around the world.

A conference room, this could be nice if the maximum capacity cap is raised, only the Moonbase has seating for 10 people atm, so more of that in others and maybe raise the cap to say 15 ? Or just an option for a bigger table with more seats.

Also be able to give a few members permission to access your base in your absence. They will have no customization capabilites but can invite others. Also be able to kick people in your hideout, out of it.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Access interface for player generated content framework.

- This would be a custom mission editor sandbox, where players can generate their own content. Trade, invite others to join in. ect... Good for Roleplaying, Creating fresh ideas. Providing a Constant supply of new content.
    - Could also be used for PvP/Dueling.

Moon Base
    Holodeck Room

Mom's Basement
    Gaming consol, VR Deck, Controlers/consol/TV, or an Arcade game/pinball machine.

Magic Sanctum
    Dimensional Pocket, A door/portal that seemingly hovers in the air.

Cave
    Database Computer terminal, or one of the options above.

Example of implementation, 'City of Heroes,' 'Mission Architect.'
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    my wishes, in order of importance:

-account wide storage
    -bank access
    -Until mail access
    -crafting table
    -power trainer
    -allow dueling

other options seem nice too, but don't give us too much, or MC will become a ghost town o.O

oh, and possibly a statue of Tumerboy that we can pray to for our wishes to come true :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Tumerboy wrote:
    Might be possible, have to check with the software team. I too would love to retire to "Tumerboy's Snazzidellic Cave of Tomfoolery".

That's copyrighted. . . don't try and steal it. . .

In addition to naming the Hideouts, I would like to have the ability to save one or two Hideout configurations, like costumes.

I already know that the Hideout configurations are "saved" when you edit them, and can be unique to different characters. However, it is depressingly easy to click the button that returns the whole layout to Default settings... and no way to recover your work. You have to manually change everything again. There is not even a confirmation message that says, "You are about to reset your entire Hideout to Default settings... do you wish to continue?" This could become tedious as the number of changeable parameters increases over the next few months.

How about adding an option to "Save" or "Lock" a configuration, which we can easily load. Imagine having "Peacetime" and "Battle Ready" layouts of the Moonbase? :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    GeoDragon wrote:
    Being able to log out and then log back in still in the hideout. Example, Go to moonbase and enter sleep pod log for the night. Next day you log in you are still in the sleep pod. Currently you are back in Millenium city.

This^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    My suggestions for this thread is basically everything I quoted below from a thread I made yesterday. Anything that's already been suggested should be treated as another vote for said content. :)

There is one suggestion I'd like to add on note #5: The Danger Room would also enable you to create scenarios (similar to missions as another poster suggested) that can utilize several of your nemeses.
    Magention wrote:
    Having seen Hideouts go live today, I feel inspired by the potential for the hide outs.

Starting with Super Group hide outs -

This is basically a place where you can hang out with members of your guild. Unlike a personal hide out, the Super Group Hideouts would be larger, and feature services unique for guild members (two things come to mind: Event hosting for officers/leaders in a guild, as well as a guild equipment store).

Some examples of a Super Group Hide-out include (but are not limited to):

The Justice League's Watch Tower (DC comics)

Xavier's Mansion/Institute for Mutants (contains both a mansion AND an underground high-tech bunker/facility - Marvel Comics)

Avenger's Mansion (Marvel Comics)

Avenger's Tower (New/Mighty Avengers - Marvel Comics).

Suggestions for both Super Group and Personal Hideouts:

1) Personal transportation to crisis zones:

Pretty self-explanatory; you take a shuttle/jet/jet-car/portal/etc. to get to places like Canada and the Crisis in the Desert

2) Research stations and stores:

The super-group hideouts could have all three to cater to all members of a guild.

3) Personal cadre of (customizable) guards:

Wouldn't it be cool if you could deploy your own guards whose appearance and abilities you could customize. For instance, I would be able to have robots, and power armored guards patrol the hide out if it is big enough for them to do so.

4) Powerhouse Trainer and all the bells and whistles that comes with a power house:

Hideout Powerhouse would maintain the theme of your current hide-out rather than looking somewhat generic.

5) A Danger Room:

Unlike the simulator in the power house where you simply fight mobs that you've previously encountered, a danger room would let you participate in a custom-made scenario wherein you also get to fight one or more bosses. Successful completion of these scenarios grant loot (albeit not as good as the ones you can get from completing actual missions), and exp.

6) Auctioneer and banker:

Access your stored items, buy/sell from the auction house... all within the comforts of your hide out (means of accessing could be different for each hide out so it's "In-Theme". For instance, Mom's Basement could have a TV you could "speak" to that would let you access the auction house).

7) Storage room:

A Shared bank of sorts that also lets you withdraw/deposit resources.

8) Nemesis tracker:

Keep an eye out for news relating to the whereabouts of your nemesis (as well as be able to make/edit your nemesis).

9) Sparring Arena:

Conduct PvP duels in this arena without fear of losing stars if you get defeated.

10) Missions involving your hideout:

While this has been suggested elsewhere on the forums, I thought it would be a good idea to include it in this thread. As suggested, you get to take on missions that involve your hide out (first one could be a tour/tutorial explaining how personal and guild hideouts work, and others could involve your nemesis assaulting your base after a spy finds it).

11) Luxury/fluff accessories for your personal/guild hide out:

Includes things such as swimming pools, tanning beds, pool tables, bars and mini-bars, work-out equipment as seen in Gyms, Library, and so on, and so forth. These things could be bought with in-game currency since they don't really contribute anything functional to the hide out, and are merely there as a matter of aesthetics.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    My thoughts on a trophy room. This is probably more ambitious than what Cryptic will do with it, but I will put my 2 cents in anyway

The basic layout would be several shelving units and maybe some pedestals. The look of the walls, shelving units, and pedestals could be changed based on hideout and styles.

Trophies would be rewarded upon completion of certain perks and there would be 3 types of trophies, small, medium, and large.

The small ones would be about the size of an action figure (give or take) and would fit on the shelving units. Maybe 9 per shelving section with 3 levels that each fit 3 trophies.

The mediums would be larger and would go on the pedestals or hang on walls. Wall options would include plaques and newspaper clippings. Maybe around 6 slots, less depending on the amount of room.

The larges would be free standing and could be the size of an enemy (like say Shadow Destroyer). There would only be 1 or 2 slots.

So what perks shall reward them?

Various story arc perks (though probably not all) - These would probably be mostly small trophies. Just little trinkets that represent things that went on during the storyline. Like ASCII Oakley's pistols or small qularr trinket for one of their storylines. Also the key to Millennium City for the tutorial story arc perks. This would also include perks for completing adventure packs and comic series

Loremaster perks - These are longer perks to complete with no real reward currently so a large (or maybe medium) trophy. Some Examples, Dr. Destroyer Loremaster might be a damaged Destroid of some sort. Telios Loremaster would be a model of the Ultimate Mind.

Signature Villain perks - Like story arc perks, these would be mostly small trophies but for some of the bigger bosses (cosmics and lair bosses) might be bigger. Once again, Trinkets to represent the villain, One of Foxbat's gun, a broke down model of Buster, The head of the fake robot Dr. Destroyer, and other things like that.

Exploration and Collection Perks - Just various odds and ends for some of them. Johnston's private reserve might net you that box of contraband, Cartographer perks would get you maps of the area, Voodoo Child a voodoo doll, I am the Egg-Man a dino egg, A taste for the toxic one of the terraforming spires, Aegire Master Diver a model of the Aegir.

Event perks - More Foxbat stuff, a model of Takofane on his throne, a Winter event present, a piece of cake.

PvP perks - Can't think of what to do here besides the pvp belts on display.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Purely for the sake of fun, I would love to see more interactable objects and locations in the Hideouts.

The Moonbase pods and floor-table are amazing; they provide a more dynamic experience and afford more gameplay options (in addition to Tailors, Banks, Crime Computers, which are also great functions). The pods are great for medical bays or stasis chambers for bad guys. :)

A few fun clickables and interactables for other Hideouts...

- A cauldron in the Mystic category that spawns 2-3 imps that run around the place for a few minutes.

- A mystic tome in the Mystic category that spawns a stationary ghost/demon/angel for a minute.

- The ability to change the channel on the Basement television

- The ability to attack the punching bag in the Basement and make it swing around. Also, give the punching bag a hidden Roomsweeper attack that sometimes retaliates by knocking back heroes in melee range. :D

A related idea... allow us to buy NPCs that walk around the Hideouts and say things when you interact with them:

- An "Apprentice" or "Butler"for the Sanctum

- An "Annoying Sibling" or "Best Friend" for the Basement

- An "Engineer" or "Scientist" for the Moonbase

- A "Cave Monster" or "Monkey" for the Cave