What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ for Bindings/Commands

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I've never been able to get more than one power function while typing a bind in the chat box... am I missing something?

Have you figured out what you were doing? If not, would you mind posting in here an example of what you have tried to do and/or describing what powers you were trying to do?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hi; I'm reposting a question here that was originally asked by me in this thread:

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=143442

I tried the solution that was offered by the person who replied(thanks to them, BTW), but it didn't change anything.

Can someone who follows this thread help?

PS - Is there some way to build in a delay when binding multiple commands? So that, for example, the animation in the first command has time to finish before the second command takes effect?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In regards to basically setting a timer of sorts. It doesn't appear that you can do this sort of thing.

I believe I have looked through this thread and saw others ask a similar question, and others say that this simply was not possible.

Also, to the person asking how to change the color of your text when you speak in the game, this is something else that I also believe is impossible, but maybe someone knows something different?

Good luck,

Villovolt
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    How do I make a bind that makes a skill attack the nearest enemy?

Like when I'm not targeting anything I always heal myself with Celestial Conduit, but when I'm untargeted I want it to find the nearest enemy and attack them.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I use the Super-Leap Travel and I was wondering if there was a way to bind a key to auto-jump or jump continuously. I tryed "++up" but that just jumped to max height once. Not sure if this is even possible in this game.... >.<
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    DraconisG wrote:
    I use the Super-Leap Travel and I was wondering if there was a way to bind a key to auto-jump or jump continuously. I tryed "++up" but that just jumped to max height once. Not sure if this is even possible in this game.... >.<

There is not anything in game that will do it, but there are some keyboards out there that you could set up to do it.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    How do I make a bind that makes a skill attack the nearest enemy?

Like when I'm not targeting anything I always heal myself with Celestial Conduit, but when I'm untargeted I want it to find the nearest enemy and attack them.

Let's "assume" you have Celestial Conduit: in the bottom row, right next to your primary travel power, usually numbered slot 7.

You would use this:
    /bind 7 "target_enemy_near$$powertrayexec 1 6"

7 for the key
    powertrayexec to charge it up
    6 is actual slot, because they start at 0 and go up.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Is there a command that will ONLY turn ON a toggle, instead of acting to turn it off if it's on, or on if it's off. For instance, I want to create a bind for my martial arts form so if I get defeated, I can press 1 key to turn it back on, but I don't want it to turn off mid-combat if I accidentally hit the key.

Right now, I just have it bound to alt + a key so it's less likely to happen in combat, but I'd prefer to have it set to require only 1 key to be pressed.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    biostem wrote:
    Is there a command that will ONLY turn ON a toggle, instead of acting to turn it off if it's on, or on if it's off. For instance, I want to create a bind for my martial arts form so if I get defeated, I can press 1 key to turn it back on, but I don't want it to turn off mid-combat if I accidentally hit the key.

Right now, I just have it bound to alt + a key so it's less likely to happen in combat, but I'd prefer to have it set to require only 1 key to be pressed.

I believe most toggles are like maintains. In that, if you keybind w/ powertrayexec, it will always maintain a power or fully charge something. Never turns it off.

So, let's make an example.

You want to bind Form of the Tempest to Alt + 9 and the power is in the top bar, just to the left of the 2nd travel power.

The line would be: /bind alt+9 "powertrayexec 1 13"
    where 13 is the slot number, always keeping in mind that they start at 0.

With this, any time you did alt+9, the power would CHARGE up. Thus, turning ON a toggle (not a PA-type toggle, mind you). In order to turn it off, you can mouse click the slot and that will turn it off. I don't know what the procedure would be for non-mouse users.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    WarCan wrote:
    I believe most toggles are like maintains. In that, if you keybind w/ powertrayexec, it will always maintain a power or fully charge something. Never turns it off.

So, let's make an example.

You want to bind Form of the Tempest to Alt + 9 and the power is in the top bar, just to the left of the 2nd travel power.

The line would be: /bind alt+9 "powertrayexec 1 13"
    where 13 is the slot number, always keeping in mind that they start at 0.

With this, any time you did alt+9, the power would CHARGE up. Thus, turning ON a toggle (not a PA-type toggle, mind you). In order to turn it off, you can mouse click the slot and that will turn it off. I don't know what the procedure would be for non-mouse users.

I think you would have to bind a key to "powertrayexec 0 13". Because 0 would be off I think. I haven't tried making an off key for powers though.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    biostem wrote:

Have you tested both "+powertrayexec X" and "powertrayexec 1 X" (where X is the slot)?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    oddTodd wrote:
    Have you tested both "+powertrayexec X" and "powertrayexec 1 X" (where X is the slot)?

The bind I had was /bind b "powertrayexec 1 10" and it would turn off my form of the tempest if it was on. If it was off, it would do a full charge up to activate the power.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    biostem wrote:
    The bind I had was /bind b "powertrayexec 1 10" and it would turn off my form of the tempest if it was on. If it was off, it would do a full charge up to activate the power.

Test /bind b "+powertrayexec 10" and see if it behaves the same way. (It probably will, but it's worth testing!)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    oddTodd wrote:
    Test /bind b "+powertrayexec 10" and see if it behaves the same way. (It probably will, but it's worth testing!)

I tried that and it requires I hold down the button for the full charge, whereas powertrayexec 1 10 does the full maintain for me.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    This guide was extremely helpful! I always wanted to know how to bind several commands to a single button, and now it works flawlessly.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    biostem wrote:
    I tried that and it requires I hold down the button for the full charge, whereas powertrayexec 1 10 does the full maintain for me.

But does it turn off if you hit it again, or is it "on only", which is what you were looking for?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    oddTodd wrote:
    But does it turn off if you hit it again, or is it "on only", which is what you were looking for?

That I'll have to test, but I guess I should have been clear that having the power do a full charge w/ one button press was another part of what I was looking for.

Regardless, I've since bound it to lalt+b to avoid any accidental pressed in-combat.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I've just come back to the game and a few of my binds don't seem to work anymore :'(

Would someone be kind enough to take a look?

I used to use:

/bind 1 "+down1 $$ TargetTeammate 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 12"

... to target and heal my team mates, but it doesn't seem to be targeting correctly. Has the syntax changed post Alert?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ellri wrote:
    I've just come back to the game and a few of my binds don't seem to work anymore :'(

Would someone be kind enough to take a look?

I used to use:

/bind 1 "+down1 $$ TargetTeammate 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 12"

... to target and heal my team mates, but it doesn't seem to be targeting correctly. Has the syntax changed post Alert?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I'm going to guess that you are testing this in an Alert? The "teams" in Alert don't work the same way as a real team, so TargetTeammate unfortunately doesn't work. The only solution that I know of is to create a real team with 5 players first and queue together.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ah, that explains it.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Guys, I´ve binded some powers to 8, 9 and 0, but the numpad keys aren´t working, just the regular numbers are...

I used:

/bind 8 +PowerTrayExec 8

Is there anoter bind to make the numpad 8, 9 and 0 work?

Thanx in advance!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    There's a special "code" for numpad, not sure what it is. (might be as stupid as /bind numpad8 ...)
    Unless a pro can confirm this, I'll have to check my binds file tonight, as I have a few assigned to my numpad.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ok, just got it...

it´s:

/Bind NumPadX +PowerTrayExec X

And now, both numbers (numpad and normal) are working... :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Oh, just until this little snafu gets fixed (the "highjacking juornal" keybind thing), i thought i'd post this here:
    • /bind J Missionsactive
    • /bind U Journal
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Mal666 wrote:
    Guys, I´ve binded some powers to 8, 9 and 0, but the numpad keys aren´t working, just the regular numbers are...

I used:

/bind 8 +PowerTrayExec 8

Is there anoter bind to make the numpad 8, 9 and 0 work?

Thanx in advance!
    There's a special "code" for numpad, not sure what it is. (might be as stupid as /bind numpad8 ...)
    Unless a pro can confirm this, I'll have to check my binds file tonight, as I have a few assigned to my numpad.
    Mal666 wrote:
    Ok, just got it...

it´s:

/Bind NumPadX +PowerTrayExec X

And now, both numbers (numpad and normal) are working... :D

First let's get the locations down.

If you are talking about the Primary Offense, Primary Defense, and Primary Utility slots, the default settings are:

/bind numpad8 "+InventoryExec Offense 0"
    /bind numpad9 "+InventoryExec Body 0"
    /bind numpad0 "+InventoryExec Head 0"

The above binds those keys to activate any old school items that had an activation associated with them (ie: Gunslingers Legacy, Poisoned Shuriken, etc).

Some items don't get a full maintain or charge up with this method. So, to do that, use the following:

/bind numpad8 "InventoryExec 1 Offense 0"
    /bind numpad9 "InventoryExec 1 Body 0"
    /bind numpad0 "InventoryExec 1 Head 0"

If you are talking about the 5 DEVICE slots, the main rule to remember is the same for power slots. The slot NUMBER is (slot minus one). So, if the power/device is in slot #4, you would access it as (4 - 1 =)3.

Therefore, the device slots can be set to charge up or do a maintain (for BloodMoon and other items) with the following:

/bind numpad4 "InventoryExec 1 Devices 3"

where 3 is your slot 4 (X - 1)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hey guys,

I'm wondering if someone can help me out with a possible bind for Energy Builder.

I'd really like my Energy Builder to Activate in Engaged Combat (When I use a ability other then the Energy Builder, not just when I target someone.) and for it to cancel when the combat is over. (Toggle, non-combat cancels.)

Is this possible? Because it would make it alot easyer.

So I want Energy Builder to activate in combat and not on target which (Toggle, never cancels) does.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How can I change costumes/builds when I activate my travel power?
    Create the following 2 txt files, with the listed contents in your Champions Online\Live Folder.

fly.txt:
    t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 1 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

land.txt:
    t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 0 $$ bind_load_file fly.txt"

Then run:
    /bind t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 1 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

To change costumes, instead of builds:
    Change "buildset <#>" to "setactivecostume 0 <#>"

Trying to use this Bind, but I can't get it to work, It changes to my Flight Costume just fine, but I can not get it to revert back. The bind seems to attempt to change to my flgiht costume again upon landing causing the costumechange cooldown to trigger again.

Can someone help with this?

Also, is there any way to get the command input from using an xbox controller to trigger the bind as well?
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hi all. I'm trying to bind imbue and conviction together in one key so that imbue gives a critical heal to conviction. I have the bind command for binding two powers but is this possible?.

I ask this because imbue makes the NEXT attack or heal critical and I suppose that if I bind them together then they are not going off consecutively, but at the same time. They are also both instant powers.

Can anyone help?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hi all. I'm trying to bind imbue and conviction together in one key so that imbue gives a critical heal to conviction. I have the bind command for binding two powers but is this possible?.

I ask this because imbue makes the NEXT attack or heal critical and I suppose that if I bind them together then they are not going off consecutively, but at the same time. They are also both instant powers.

Can anyone help?
    "/binds" in CO go off simultainously.
    Meaning, for all intensive purposes, at the same time.
    While this may be true, there is still the "first in/last off" effect.
    Meaning, the first command in the keybind is the last one to go off in the command chain.

"Conviction" isn't one of the big heals that would need a crit to be effective.
    It's a self "spam" heal to keep you topped off, not a huge heal like "Resurgence" to bring you back to full.

I assume you know of the "powerexec#" command (from your previous posts, so insert them instead of the generic power commands below).

/bind "conviction $$ DELAY $$ imbue"

What you NEED is a "Delay" to make sure imbue goes off before conviction.

Personally, since imbue has a longer CD than conviction, i'm not sure that this /bind would be very effective (since you wouldn't be using it all the time, just when imbue's CD resets).

And on the subject of the "delay" i have no clue as how to do that in CO.
    So, in short...
    ...IDK :redface:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Can anyone help?

The devs have taken steps to limit the degree of automation binds can enable. To this end, you pretty much cannot have a single bind execute 2 powers. You could have a single bind say something, enact an emote, change targets, and do many things with one button press, but NOT execute 2 power activations.

The only exception that I know of is you can sometimes get a single bind to execute one power then toggle another one on - like activating imbue then toggling your EB on.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited August 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    you pretty much cannot have a single bind execute 2 powers..

ive managed to use my energy builder and my lunge power on key 1

/bind 1 " $$ +PowerTrayExec 0 $$ +PowerTrayExec 3 "
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    ive managed to use my energy builder and my lunge power on key 1

/bind 1 " $$ +PowerTrayExec 0 $$ +PowerTrayExec 3 "

I mentioned that in my post:
    bioshrike wrote:
    The only exception that I know of is you can sometimes get a single bind to execute one power then toggle another one on - like activating imbue then toggling your EB on.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    xsaixsai Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have a question about removing binds. I set up the bind that allows powers to cycle colors. It works find on my Gold acct. but my wife tried to add it to hers and all it did was say:

The "PowerHue" command has been disabled.

Problem is now it says that message every time she activates any power and it fills up the chat box really quick. How can we remove that?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    xsai wrote: »
    I have a question about removing binds. I set up the bind that allows powers to cycle colors. It works find on my Gold acct. but my wife tried to add it to hers and all it did was say:

The "PowerHue" command has been disabled.

Problem is now it says that message every time she activates any power and it fills up the chat box really quick. How can we remove that?

You can do /bind key "" <
    That's 2 quotation marks with no space between them.

That will remove the bind for a specific key. If said key activated a power, you can revert it to the basic one. For instance, to execute the power in tray slot 2, you'd use:

/bind 2 "+powertrayexec 1"
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I was wondering if it's possible to make a bind where I'll say something when I start charging my travel power, and then switch costumes when I finish charging it.

Oh, wait. This looks like it should work.

/bind r "+down1 $$ PowerTrayExec 15 $$ local HEN- $$up1$$ SetActiveCostume 1 0 $$ local -SHIN!"

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    tdits wrote: »
    I was wondering if it's possible to make a bind where I'll say something when I start charging my travel power, and then switch costumes when I finish charging it.

Oh, wait. This looks like it should work.

/bind r "+down1 $$ PowerTrayExec 15 $$ local HEN- $$up1$$ SetActiveCostume 1 0 $$ local -SHIN!"

I don't think that bind would actually "wait" until you were finished charging the power. I say this because I use a "targetenemynear" component to some self-targeting heal binds, and while they do target myself and allow me to charge/maintain said heal, they also target the nearest enemy as soon as said maintain/charge begins, (not once it's done).
  • Options
    cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
    edited October 2012
    I've done quite a bit of digging around, and haven't seen anyone ask this question. Is it possible to bind a phrase to a specific power, rather than a specific key? Or perhaps to a certain part of the power tray, rather than a key? I use a 360 controller to play, and I don't think that it would work right if I tried key binding things to it.
  • Options
    sponyjasponyja Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    is it possible to bind one key to use more than powerslot ? for example i dont want to press 1, 2,3,4,5 but bind Y button to do this for me ? :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    sponyja wrote: »
    is it possible to bind one key to use more than powerslot ? for example i dont want to press 1, 2,3,4,5 but bind Y button to do this for me ? :D

No. The devs have taken steps to preventing/reduce "botting" or extensive automation within the game. You'd have to look to getting a keyboard w/ macro recording capability - do keep in mind that even that may be against the ToS, however...
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    i understand, the thing that i can bind key so i can press it and power will charge automatically is good enought.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    i understand, the thing that i can bind key so i can press it and power will charge automatically is good enought.

That I can do:

/bind y "powertrayexec 1 0"

Where y is the key you want to bind, and the 0 is the power slot of the power you want to fully charge/maintain. The first '1' means to fully charge or maintain the power - be careful with this as you cannot stop the power's charge/maintain once you start it, with this type of bind.

The power slots are numbered like this:

Upper (alt) tray:..... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Lower (main) tray: 0 1 2... 3.. 4... 5.. 6
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    thank you ! but i have done this already, english is not my native so maybe I did not described it properly :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    thank you ! but i have done this already, english is not my native so maybe I did not described it properly :D

So... could you try again to explain exactly what you're looking for the bind to do and I'll take another stab at it?
  • Options
    galantdramongalantdramon Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Do you know how to bind a device activation? Say I wanted to have a power that turned on/off a device in slot C5 w/o needing to click with a mouse or hit ctrl+5.

I found /usedevice, but it says it needs a <string> then an <int>, while /powertrayexec uses two <int>s...so I'm kinda scratching my head with this.
  • Options
    fr0gurtfr0gurt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think what you want is '/InventoryExec Devices <int>', where <int> is the device slot number minus 1. That would be 4 in your case.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Do you know how to bind a device activation? Say I wanted to have a power that turned on/off a device in slot C5 w/o needing to click with a mouse or hit ctrl+5.

I found /usedevice, but it says it needs a <string> then an <int>, while /powertrayexec uses two <int>s...so I'm kinda scratching my head with this.

Here's a handy list of console commands:

http://champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited November 2012

fr0gurt wrote: »
    I think what you want is '/InventoryExec Devices <int>', where <int> is the device slot number minus 1. That would be 4 in your case.

You're almost there.

/inventoryexec 1 devices <device slot number minus 1>

This will work on any chargeup or maintain powers in the device slot. However, several devices automatically do a full charge (like the lasso) on a tap. It's the MAINTAIN powers that you really need the above string for.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    cderncdern Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Got a lil question here (not sure if its ok to ask here)
    So i bought this:
    http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/3/7/0/9/6/2/webimg/611108640_tp.jpg

a retrolink nintendo 64 controller
    the thing is that when i want to configure the controls so i can move(walk) with the D-pad it asks me for an Axis and the only axis is already used for the camera and yeah im kinda stuck here
    So basiclly i cant configure it to walk with the D-pad :(
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    cdern wrote: »
    Got a lil question here (not sure if its ok to ask here)
    So i bought this:
    http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/3/7/0/9/6/2/webimg/611108640_tp.jpg

a retrolink nintendo 64 controller
    the thing is that when i want to configure the controls so i can move(walk) with the D-pad it asks me for an Axis and the only axis is already used for the camera and yeah im kinda stuck here
    So basiclly i cant configure it to walk with the D-pad :(

The only suggestion I could make would be to try and figure out how the various inputs on the N64 controller correspond with those of the XBox 360 controller, which the game does support, then to try those inputs. You can check the console commands from the Wiki to see if any of those commands are of any help: http://champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List
  • Options
    thelambsaucethelambsauce Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What i would like to know is if it's possible to bind a key to activate a power by name, the power won't be in the tray.

If anyone could show me at least the command to activate the power by name it would be awesome =)