Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Bloody heck!
    /camoffset is a "horzontal" command!
    (no "vertical" access :mad: )

Anybody know a workaround on this?
    So i can have the camera centered on a "shrunken" toon?
    oddTodd wrote:
    ...EDIT: Damn! AoC beat me to it.
    Serves you right for not knowing the answer to the above question :p

And when the heck is Cryptic going to put in a "Update ALL" command in the build tab? :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm getting tired of the "pickup" bug.
    Anyone know the "/console" command for "cancel" on the pickup tab?
    (Take, Take All, Cancel)

EDIT: Is THIS what i'm looking for?>>>/LootCancel (Don't take loot, just stop interacting)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Any ideas how to make the block key toggle both ways?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Any ideas how to make the block key toggle both ways?
    Set up two text files:

first one binds the shift key to toggle block on and loads the second bind file. The second binds shift to toggle block off and loads the first file. Then manually load one file and you are gold.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Would this work?

/bind numpad8 "renderscale 2 $$ screenshot $$ renderscale 1"

Where the first command sets the scale to 2x res then takes the shot followed by returning your rendering back to default?

I'm trying to get croppable shots for gaming purposes.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I've got a UI command that goes off every time i hit the "Windows" key.

Unknown command "(null)"

Can someone tell me the text syntax for the Windows key so i can unbind it and remove the error?

Thanks,
    'Caine
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Unknown command "(null)"

Can someone tell me the text syntax for the Windows key so i can unbind it and remove the error?

Thanks,
    'Caine

Save a binds file, then look in there. All non-standard binds should show up in the file.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    oddTodd wrote:
    Save a binds file, then look in there. All non-standard binds should show up in the file.
    But, but?
    That takes work!

Ok, ty oddTodd :p
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    But, but?
    That takes work!

Ok, ty oddTodd :p

Unfortunately, I'd have to know the answer in order to make a bind in order to test the save file!

Interestingly, it seems that even when you clear a bind in the options screen, the clearing command shows up in your binds file. That makes it a powerful tool for learning the syntax for all of the special keys.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm a little confused on the alias command. I want to create a few binds so i don't have to type out or manually switch to talk in a custom channel. For instance, I can type /sg t easily talk in the SG channel. How would I make it so i can talk in, say biostem's channel simply by typing /bc then whatever I want to say?'

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Unknown command "(null)"

Thanks,
    'Caine
    oddTodd wrote:
    oddTodd wrote:
    Unfortunately, I'd have to know the answer in order to make a bind in order to test the save file!

Interestingly, it seems that even when you clear a bind in the options screen, the clearing command shows up in your binds file. That makes it a powerful tool for learning the syntax for all of the special keys.
    Ok, seems the syntax for the "Window" key is: Lwin (and) Rwin.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    anyone know the commands for certain pet abilities such as turret mode?, drone attack mode, etc?

i figured out assist, attack , passive and unsummon, but still cant figure out the abilities.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    wingtypers wrote:
    anyone know the commands for certain pet abilities such as turret mode?, drone attack mode, etc?

i figured out assist, attack , passive and unsummon, but still cant figure out the abilities.

Go in the keybinds option screen and mouse over the pet tray commands. It's something like /globalpettray_exec N, where N is the slot in the pet tray, starting with 0. Unfortunately, you can't bind specifically to "turret", for example; it depends on the order you summon the pets.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    biostem wrote:
    I'm a little confused on the alias command. I want to create a few binds so i don't have to type out or manually switch to talk in a custom channel. For instance, I can type /sg t easily talk in the SG channel. How would I make it so i can talk in, say biostem's channel simply by typing /bc then whatever I want to say?'

Thanks in advance!

The command you want is /chan. I'm away from my computer, so I can't help with the syntax. Try /chan channel_name, message. And the alias bc "chan channel_name,".
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    oddTodd wrote:
    Go in the keybinds option screen and mouse over the pet tray commands. It's something like /globalpettray_exec N, where N is the slot in the pet tray, starting with 0. Unfortunately, you can't bind specifically to "turret", for example; it depends on the order you summon the pets.

yea i know that but i want to figure out how to bind it on my joypad. sry for the incomplete question.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I read the first post but I'm very confused.

I'm trying to remove the Xbox D-pad bindings for down (builds) and right (devices) I want those buttons to do nothing.

Additionally I'm trying to add D-pad left to handle devices like right did. Basically remap Dpad right to left, and remove Dpad down.

How can I do this?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Is there any bind that allows me to switch between primary gear items from the inventory with the push of a button?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Rafahil wrote:
    Is there any bind that allows me to switch between primary gear items from the inventory with the push of a button?

...Lmfao...
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    kamokami wrote:
    ...Lmfao...

I am super serious :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I wanna hotkey "Block for your lives" on the team channel is there a way to do this for any team I get into or is it just team by team?
    Oh yeah and please give command syntax too!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Just wanted to say thanks for this thread! Been using this info for a while now, so this thanks is long over-due :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Rafahil wrote:
    I am super serious :D

Not that I'm aware of, but you could use a bind that switches your build, and that build could have the different item in it, while the other items remain the same...

I think the command is 'setactivebuild' or such.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    biostem wrote:
    Not that I'm aware of, but you could use a bind that switches your build, and that build could have the different item in it, while the other items remain the same...

I think the command is 'setactivebuild' or such.

There's a cooldown on switching builds, but not for switching gear.

I guess I'll just keep my inventory open all the time and switch manually when I need to...
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Rafahil wrote:

I guess I'll just keep my inventory open all the time and switch manually when I need to...

I've been very interested in the possibility of switching gear with a keybind, and I've explored the topic both through searching the forums and experimenting with console commands pretty thoroughly. I'm 99% sure it either can't be done or if it can be done, nobody has figured out how yet. There is one promising console command, buildSetItem, but I haven't gotten it to do anything yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Rafahil wrote:

That cooldown is probably there because they don't want it to be too easy for people to switch to a support build, fire off a big heal, then switch back to an offensive/balanced build to avoid the damage penalty. Similarly, they probably don't want to make it too easy to switch to a bunch of gear w/ different powers/effects on them w/ their own cooldowns, fire them off, then switch back to your regular gear w/ the larger stat bonuses. Not permitting that means you can't really activate a big +res or shield item then go back to your normal equipment w/o having to worry about timing or being vulnerable.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Im so lost when it comes to binding. I dont know if this is a dumb question or not, but Im hoping someone can help me out.

All I want to know is; how can I bind my #10 slot power to the forward,backward,left,right commands on the left stick for the Xbox controller? Can it even be done?

Im not even sure where I'm supposed to type the bind to even do it, if it is able to be done. Oh the shame. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    TheGriffin wrote:
    Im so lost when it comes to binding. I dont know if this is a dumb question or not, but Im hoping someone can help me out.

All I want to know is; how can I bind my #10 slot power to the forward,backward,left,right commands on the left stick for the Xbox controller? Can it even be done?

Im not even sure where I'm supposed to type the bind to even do it, if it is able to be done. Oh the shame. :(

Sure, let's make sure we have the right power slot first. You energy builder is actually power slot 0. So when counting start with that one as zero.

in the text chat type this:

/bind joypad_up +PowerTrayExec 10

If this doesn't work let me know and I'll try to help figure it out.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    4rksakes wrote:
    I wanna hotkey "Block for your lives" on the team channel is there a way to do this for any team I get into or is it just team by team?
    Oh yeah and please give command syntax too!

I'm going to use the 'y' key for my example, but any key should work.
    Type this into your text chat bar:

/bind y "team Block for you lives"

That should work, but will only appear in team chat. If you're not on a team you'll probably get a 'not on a team' message.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    With most characters I prefer leaving my END builder toggled on most of the time. With one of them in particular, I'm using Gunslinger (power tray 0), SMG Burst (1) and Sonic Device (2).

I have mouse button 4 currently bound to a full maintain of SMG Burst.

I usually don't want Gunslinger to consume the charge from SD, but rather, save it for SMG. So what I do manually is turn off Gunslinger, hit SD, start my maintain and then toggler Gunsliger back on again.

Is there some way to do this, or part of it, via the "$$" token in a bind? I tried this:
    /bind Button5 "+PowerTrayExec 2 $$ PowerTrayExec 1 1"

...it never wasted a charge of SD with Gunslinger, but sometimes it didn't actually execute SD before starting the SMG Burst.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Foosnark wrote:
    With most characters I prefer leaving my END builder toggled on most of the time. With one of them in particular, I'm using Gunslinger (power tray 0), SMG Burst (1) and Sonic Device (2).

I have mouse button 4 currently bound to a full maintain of SMG Burst.

I usually don't want Gunslinger to consume the charge from SD, but rather, save it for SMG. So what I do manually is turn off Gunslinger, hit SD, start my maintain and then toggler Gunsliger back on again.

Is there some way to do this, or part of it, via the "$$" token in a bind? I tried this:

...it never wasted a charge of SD with Gunslinger, but sometimes it didn't actually execute SD before starting the SMG Burst.

One big problems with combining powers in a bind is that some times they miss a command. I had an build where I wanted it to fire off Bionic Shielding and Bountiful Chi Resurgence, I often only got one and and sometimes none.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    TYVM Polish Thunder much appreciated!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Keybind the 'AutoAttack' settings?

Is there any command I can use to keybind autoattack settings?

There are two reasons I would like to do this:
    1) I'd love to be able to toggle between 'Non-Combat Cancels' and 'Nothing Cancels' - this will allow me use either a stealthy, check-my-targets approach or switch over to raw battlefield mode.

2) It would also allow me to keybind a "run" button which takes me out of autocombat, so I can run away from mob-death, without stopping to engage in auto-resumed combat with each step! I've done this, (target self + trays 0 & 1 off + autoforward) but it requires a 'Change Cancels' selection - which I normally never use.

Also, a second (minor) question:

I am currently using the following to change costume when I toggle travel powers (so I can change into a bat to fly). It works, but I always get an error message "cannot change costume again yet" - am I doing something wrong?
    /bind y "+PowerTrayExec 14$$ setactivecostume 0 0"
    /bind t "+PowerTrayExec 14$$ setactivecostume 0 1"

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Mordred9 wrote:
    Keybind the 'AutoAttack' settings?

Is there any command I can use to keybind autoattack settings?

There are two reasons I would like to do this:
    1) I'd love to be able to toggle between 'Non-Combat Cancels' and 'Nothing Cancels' - this will allow me use either a stealthy, check-my-targets approach or switch over to raw battlefield mode.

2) It would also allow me to keybind a "run" button which takes me out of autocombat, so I can run away from mob-death, without stopping to engage in auto-resumed combat with each step! I've done this, (target self + trays 0 & 1 off + autoforward) but it requires a 'Change Cancels' selection - which I normally never use.

Also, a second (minor) question:

I am currently using the following to change costume when I toggle travel powers (so I can change into a bat to fly). It works, but I always get an error message "cannot change costume again yet" - am I doing something wrong?
    /bind y "+PowerTrayExec 14$$ setactivecostume 0 0"
    /bind t "+PowerTrayExec 14$$ setactivecostume 0 1"

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Can you elaborate on question 1 a little?
    Sounds like you want to target yourself, would clearing your target work? Target_Clear
    If I'm reading this right, Power Tray 0 is your energy builder, there is an option that if you hit it once it stays on, Power Tray 1 is just just going to be a random power, forward is done easilty enough, I can look it up when I get home, but I think it's just++forward.
    You could mean block and energy builder, not sure.
    Let me know if my assumptions here are right. also, would:
    /bind <key> "Target_Clear $$ ++autoforward"
    work. That should remove you targets and no powers should be going off, unless the powers are auto targeting, in which case they select a target. A little more explanation may help me figure this out.

Question 2
    Try
    /bind y "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0"
    /bind t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 1"

It'll be something like that. The error you were getting sounds like you were trying to select the same costume that you already had equipped. I'm not currently in front of the Champions game, but can try this when I get home. This should switch between costumes 1 and 2, but if you get knocked out of the sky then you're activation of flight will be flipped, you'd have to manually press flight on your power bar to get it back to normal. I'll play with some combos when I get home so "y" is ony start flight an "t" is only stop flight, but I'm not sure it's possible.

Edit: ok I was just reading on the first page, Zvardin's post from 10/8/2009 and it sounds like this:

/bind y "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0"
    /bind t "-PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 1"

should work. go ahead and insert those into the text chat individually **** see if they work.
    They also had a lot of helpfull hints that may help you.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    >>

Let me try to explain better what I'm trying to do:

Right now I have to hit ESC, commands, scroll down to AutoAttack and then select between None, Cancel on Change, Cancel on non-combat, Never Cancel, and Maintain (or similar).

If I say Never Cancel, then clicking on someone starts a fight - not good. On the other hand, my Power Armor character seems to work best when set to Never Cancel. So anyway, I'm playing with these settings a bit and wanted to be able to use a single key to swap between them rather than escaping out and going thru the interface. This is really just for single-key convenience.

The secont application - the run away button. Ever died because you couldn't leave the mob because your character keeps turning back around and fighting? I want to stop the fighting and just run away.

The "run-away" button only works I'm using 'Cancel on Change' (or None), the problem being that my chacter is in autotarget cancel non-combat (or cancel never) mode and as soon as he clears the target, he reacquires a fresh (because he's getting attacked). To convince him to leave instead of fight, my "run away" key has to also prevent reqcquisition by switching my autotarget mode to an OFF setting like autotarget none or cancel on change.

More sense that time?
    :confused:

Thanks for helping!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Mordred9 wrote:
    >>

Right now I have to hit ESC, commands, scroll down to AutoAttack and then select between None, Cancel on Change, Cancel on non-combat, Never Cancel, and Maintain (or similar).

If I say Never Cancel, then clicking on someone starts a fight - not good. On the other hand, my Power Armor character seems to work best when set to Never Cancel. So anyway, I'm playing with these settings a bit and wanted to be able to use a single key to swap between them rather than escaping out and going thru the interface. This is really just for single-key convenience.

The secont application - the run away button. Ever died because you couldn't leave the mob because your character keeps turning back around and fighting? I want to stop the fighting and just run away.

The "run-away" button only works I'm using 'Cancel on Change' (or None), the problem being that my chacter is in autotarget cancel non-combat (or cancel never) mode and as soon as he clears the target, he reacquires a fresh (because he's getting attacked). To convince him to leave instead of fight, my "run away" key has to also prevent reqcquisition by switching my autotarget mode to an OFF setting like autotarget none or cancel on change.

More sense that time?

Thanks for helping!

A little, I'll have to play with a few things when I'm in front of my machine. My problem with binding multiple powers is when the game goes through the process of pressing them it always misses one or all. In one of Zvardin's post he mentions a command for PowersCancelAllActivations, not sure if that would help.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Just a general comment to people who want 1 key to execute multiple actions; You have to keep in mind that the devs have actively designed the bind system to *NOT* permit very much automation. This is by design. They do not want the player to be able to remove themselves form much of the game play. As such, things that try to work around this don't work reliably, or only under certain circumstances. I don't mean this to be a jerk, or to imply that anyone is trying to be a "botter", but this is why you cannot readily have 1 button fire things off so situationally.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Mordred9 wrote:
    >>

More sense that time?

Thanks for helping!

So in the wiki there's a command list that lists a command called defaultautoattack, though I can't tell you what it does. It doesn't work just by itself, but if you add a 0 or 1 to it it does not give you an error, I couldn't tell you what changes though.
    Sorry I couldn't be more help.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    biostem wrote:
    Just a general comment to people who want 1 key to execute multiple actions; You have to keep in mind that the devs have actively designed the bind system to *NOT* permit very much automation. This is by design. They do not want the player to be able to remove themselves form much of the game play. As such, things that try to work around this don't work reliably, or only under certain circumstances. I don't mean this to be a jerk, or to imply that anyone is trying to be a "botter", but this is why you cannot readily have 1 button fire things off so situationally.

Yeah, it's really not about multiple commands - it's about one key controlling AutoTarget - that's all that really mattters.

I will add a few together if it works, but the main thing is trying to escape a crowd by quickly turning off autotargeting. If I can make that work, I'm happy!

PT,

I'm home now, so I'm going to try the alternate strings - I'll post anything I find out. Thanks again! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So in the wiki there's a command list that lists a command called defaultautoattack, though I can't tell you what it does. It doesn't work just by itself, but if you add a 0 or 1 to it it does not give you an error, I couldn't tell you what changes though.
    Sorry I couldn't be more help.

'default autoattack' does not affect auto target settings, but the slot 1 skill (which will only accept your energy builder). 1 making it 'on', 0 making it 'off' (if it is on, you attack when targeting when off you don't).

The autotarget setting works normally (unaffected) either way.

EDIT - L8R

OK, so I got the command list from in-game (/cmdlist > copy > paste) and searched the commands for 'target' - tested everything no joy.

I DID however find "enableMoveToTarget No comment provided", which takes two int arguments. I was hoping that I could turn that off and then my character would not automatically face his target - but going from 0 0 to 1 1 showed no different behaviors.

Maybe someone can explain enableMoveToTarget and it will be all I need?...

oh well, work in the morning....
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So I was looking at some of the options, and there's a bunch for targeting. One in particular that caught my eye is "Face off screen target on attack". If you disable that, I don't believe your character will turn around when you target someone. There are some other ones that cause you to strafe in certain situations, not sure if those will help.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I've tried enough of them to give up on any command containing the word 'target' - except that I might figure out enableMoveToTarget - if this can toggle turning towards my target then it's all I need. Sadly, it seems to accept and ignore the parameters I've tried so far, so it may be doing something else or no longer be relavent to the current code.

To sum up:

1) Thanks! :)

2) I would still like to be able to set the AutoAttack setting by a keybind

3) if not, then I would like to be able to toggle either all autotargeting off and on or simply toggle facing the target off and on.

If I figure anything out I'll post it, otherwise I think the answer to my question is simply a 'no'. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Had the same issue when I was playing with the diffreenet options, they didn't seem to do what they said they were going to do. I ended up resetting them to factory settings. Not sure how much a difference the control scheme makes, as far as MMo, FPS and so on. Those might be worth swapping.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    just wondering is there a way to make a random say bind. if not would it be possible to use the alias to create random say? just wondering.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Lazirul wrote:
    just wondering is there a way to make a random say bind. if not would it be possible to use the alias to create random say? just wondering.

The closest you could do would be to create a bind that when you press a button, you say something, then it loads another file w/ a different saying for that same key. The next press could load yet another file w/ a different saying, and so on. There's no way to randomize it, though.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    i get most of this exept how i make macros for 2 or more button combos - like shift+p or ctrl+shift+p or as what i need since i play like noone else useing arrow keys and numpad for everything - shift+num0 or shift+ctrl+num3 etc?

hehe i have tried to learn to play like all u others do but i just can't get reflexes as good as i can doin my normal key-setting

tnx for super guide also - cya ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    voidfrex wrote:
    i get most of this exept how i make macros for 2 or more button combos - like shift+p or ctrl+shift+p or as what i need since i play like noone else useing arrow keys and numpad for everything - shift+num0 or shift+ctrl+num3 etc?

hehe i have tried to learn to play like all u others do but i just can't get reflexes as good as i can doin my normal key-setting

tnx for super guide also - cya ;)

I'm pretty sure it's exactly what you typed. /bind ctrl+shift+p etc. I can't test, since I'm at work, but you can figure this out yourself as follows: Go to the keybinds option screen and set a keybind using the key combo you want. (It can be for anything in the list.) Then type /bind_save_file filename.txt. Then go into your Champions Online/Live folder and open that file, and it will have the proper syntax in there.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hi I dont know if anyone asked this before, but since I have enrage it's pretty much a hassle to remember to maintain it by pressing a key.

Is it possible to bind it to W together with it moving forward, so that when i press W to move forward it auto executes enrage as well if possible?

Right now the best I can do is bind with another primary power I always use, so whenever I tap it, it will try to execute enrage too. But I need something I definitely will be spamming alot.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Reishan wrote:
    Hi I dont know if anyone asked this before, but since I have enrage it's pretty much a hassle to remember to maintain it by pressing a key.

Is it possible to bind it to W together with it moving forward, so that when i press W to move forward it auto executes enrage as well if possible?

Right now the best I can do is bind with another primary power I always use, so whenever I tap it, it will try to execute enrage too. But I need something I definitely will be spamming alot.

Thanks

Something like this might work:

/bind w "+PowerTrayExec 1 $$ ++forward"

The 1 represents the tray where ever you have enrage. So you'll need to enter the correct slot. Not sure if this will work and I won't be home to try for another 8 hours.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Something like this might work:

/bind w "+PowerTrayExec 1 $$ ++forward"

The 1 represents the tray where ever you have enrage. So you'll need to enter the correct slot. Not sure if this will work and I won't be home to try for another 8 hours.

omg this is awesome! THanks so much!!! another question please? What is the command for space? like to jump, so instead of binding W, bind with jump so everytime i press space i can maintain too.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Reishan wrote:
    omg this is awesome! THanks so much!!! another question please? What is the command for space? like to jump, so instead of binding W, bind with jump so everytime i press space i can maintain too.

Did that actually work? After thinking about it ++forward should make you keep going forward until an action, like pressing back, interrupts it.