Install Arc
Options

FAQ for Bindings/Commands

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No i got that one.
    Problem is, "moods" stay when you change costume.
    So if i want to change one, i have to change them all (keybinds).
    Oh well, i'll live... TY

I guess I don't understand what command you wish was there. You can change costumes with a keybind, you can change moods, and you can string them together in a single bind.

If you want to do anything more complicated, you should create text files with the desired combinations of costumes and moods, and as you use keybinds, you also load the next set of binds.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    oddTodd wrote:
    I guess I don't understand what command you wish was there. You can change costumes with a keybind, you can change moods, and you can string them together in a single bind.

If you want to do anything more complicated, you should create text files with the desired combinations of costumes and moods, and as you use keybinds, you also load the next set of binds.
    I've got 6 costumes, 5 of them use 1 mood, and the 6th use a 2nd one.
    I'm just annoyed that i have to make keybinds for all 6 just because i want to change 1:mad:

EDIT: Doh, DUH! NM, i just realized i can make 1 keybind for the costume change for the "odd" costume out, and a seperate keybind just to change the mood for the other 5 costumes/builds, for a total of only 2, not 6 keybinds... My bad :D
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Random wrote:
    Glad you got it to work. I doubt what you experienced at first was patch related (though I might test that later) ... it is equally possible I have something backward. There's just something about the command sequence and what goes where that makes my eyes bleed. The main reason I went through that ridiculous explanation of each step was an attempt to keep it all straight in my own head. I swapped stuff around so much during test ... :confused:

EDIT: Turns out I did have the costume numbers switched. Apologies all around and thanks to Latronis for identifying the issue. The post in question has been corrected.

I appreciate all the work you've done with this. I was having the problem with the OP's example and the error message it generates. However, I can't quite get your revised one to work either. With the costume slot numbers the "wrong" way round (your original example), Flight is activated but the costume does not change. With the numbers the "right" way round (your edited example), Flight is activated, the costume changes, but on hitting the keybind a second time after the costume cooldown, Flight is deactivated but the costume does NOT change back. No future uses of the same keybind will make the costume change at all.

Looks like I'm going to have to go with the two separate keybind arrangement, one to toggle Flight on and change to the flying costume, and the other to reverse the process.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Is there a /command for the "create" button in the Crafting UI ?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Is there a /command for the "create" button in the Crafting UI ?

Have you tried the Z key? (/interact would be the slash command)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Does anyone know of a way to save /alias commands?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    oddTodd wrote:
    Have you tried the Z key? (/interact would be the slash command)
    The /interact command doesn't cover the crafting UI, i tried already :(
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The /interact command doesn't cover the crafting UI, i tried already :(

Ugh. My suggestion would be to use a keyboard macro (like autohotkey, or maybe the G13 allows it) to bind a key to a mouse click in the specific location of the Create button, since it's always in the same place. You could even put it on a loop after you time how long it takes for the create to process.

By the way, if your frustration is having to click create over and over, one thing I discovered recently is you can click create immediately after it changes from Stop to Create, and you don't need to wait for the UI to actually give you the item before the next one. That shaved about a second off every click for me!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I use the FPS setup for targeting, and i'm trying to set up a keybind to: target myself, use CC, then clear target.

I can get the following to work "+down1 $$ target_self $$ +PowerTrayExec 4",
    but i can't get the "target_clear" command to execute at the end of the bind.

(It keeps clearing the target/me before the power executes and targeting whatever i'm looking at (FPS) instead.)

I know /commands execute in "reverse" order, but for the life of me i can't get this to work right.

Oh, and I also want to change "+PowerTrayExec" to "+Power_Exec Celestial Conduit",
    but again i can't get the syntax right.

Help?

Thanks...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't think you can reference powers by their name in CO. I used to use "powexecname" in CoH all the time, but I've had to settle on referencing their power slot instead...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I use the FPS setup for targeting, and i'm trying to set up a keybind to: target myself, use CC, then clear target.

I can get the following to work "+down1 $$ target_self $$ +PowerTrayExec 4",
    but i can't get the "target_clear" command to execute at the end of the bind.

(It keeps clearing the target/me before the power executes and targeting whatever i'm looking at (FPS) instead.)

I know /commands execute in "reverse" order, but for the life of me i can't get this to work right.

Oh, and I also want to change "+PowerTrayExec" to "+Power_Exec Celestial Conduit",
    but again i can't get the syntax right.

Help?

Thanks...

This works for me:
    /bind ] "+down1$$target_self$$+Power_Exec Celestial_Conduit_Combo_R3$$target_clear"

If your Celestial Conduit is less than Rank 3, use the appropriate number instead of 3 after _R .
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    This works for me:
    /bind ] "+down1$$target_self$$+Power_Exec Celestial_Conduit_Combo_R3$$target_clear"

If your Celestial Conduit is less than Rank 3, use the appropriate number instead of 3 after _R .
    That worked, thanks!

It's odd though, it clears target before the power ever starts animating.
    I never even see the target :eek:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Could someone please xplain how this works?:

buildSetItem: Sets the item in iInvBag, iSlot to ilItemID which came from iSrcBag, iSrcSlot

Is it like:

/buildSetItem 1 0 1 ???????

Ok so now I have found that its 6 intergers :9 THis is gonna get confusing:

/buildsetitem (Bag no) (Item bag Slot) (slot)

So why is it 6?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I tried out the costume change formula for travel power given in the first couple of posts. Didn't completely work. It would activate/deactivate travel power and leave me wearing 2nd costume. So I did some playing around and found something that works for me. It requires 2 fly.txt files and 2 land.txt files.

Fly.txt -
    f "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 1 $$ bind_load_file fly2.txt"

Fly2.txt -
    f "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

Land.txt -
    f "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 0 $$ bind_load_file land2.txt"

Land2.txt -
    f "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ bind_load_file fly.txt"

This setup works for me. I use f because it is near asdw movement keys. You can substitute the T if you like. I noticed with a manual change of costume that the timer on the Builds runs. This happens with this setup too. Just don't tap or charge travel power until after costume cool down or you'll get 'you cannot change costumes again yet' error but the costume changes when travel power is activated and the costume changes when it is cancelled using the hotkey set up.

If you use the above four txt files then go into the game and type /bind_load_file Fly.txt

Have fun.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Josmar wrote:
    I tried out the costume change formula for travel power given in the first couple of posts. Didn't completely work. It would activate/deactivate travel power and leave me wearing 2nd costume. So I did some playing around and found something that works for me. It requires 2 fly.txt files and 2 land.txt files.

Fly.txt -
    f "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 1 $$ bind_load_file fly2.txt"

Fly2.txt -
    f "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

Land.txt -
    f "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 0 $$ bind_load_file land2.txt"

Land2.txt -
    f "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ bind_load_file fly.txt"

This setup works for me. I use f because it is near asdw movement keys. You can substitute the T if you like. I noticed with a manual change of costume that the timer on the Builds runs. This happens with this setup too. Just don't tap or charge travel power until after costume cool down or you'll get 'you cannot change costumes again yet' error but the costume changes when travel power is activated and the costume changes when it is cancelled using the hotkey set up.

If you use the above four txt files then go into the game and type /bind_load_file Fly.txt

Have fun.

I finallly got around to looking at the rest of the thread. Random's method at http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1598351#post1598351 works if you want your travel power to autocharge. My approach is normal travel power(you must tap or charge the power yourself) operation coupled with the costume change.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Is there a way to activate a travel power that's not in your trays? I recently got a CTP, but now I've got a travel power with no tray slot, since they won't let me slot it anywhere other than the base two.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Is there a way to activate a travel power that's not in your trays? I recently got a CTP, but now I've got a travel power with no tray slot, since they won't let me slot it anywhere other than the base two.

Your devices are default Ctrl+1 to Ctrl+5. I changed my third travel power to Ctrl+T. So for me, it's now T for teleport, Alt+T for Electric Flight, and Ctrl+T for Superspeed. (Note, you can change one of your existing travel powers to be Ctrl+T and your device travel power to T or Alt+T if you prefer.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I was wondering if there is a way to trigger a power *only* if it is recharged. I tried a bind that triggered my attack power in power tray 1, then also activate a self heal in power tray 7. It works, but if i use the attack while BCR is recharging, it spams the combat log with "Still recharging". The attack goes off, and if BCR is recharged, it also activates. It's really just the message spam that I'm trying to do away with. I don't want to hide the log since it sometimes contains useful info...

On a related note, I was trying to make a bind that would activate block while shift is held down, then activate BCR when it is released. I tried:

/bind shift "+down1$$+powertrayexec 16$$+up1$$+powertrayexec 7"

If I use the power tray numbers for 2 click powers, this does exactly what I want, but since block is a maintain/toggle, it only activates BCR. Can anyone shed some light on this?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I believe the only way to achieve this is with macro's outside the game's scope.
    Base it's trigger time on a timer and your good.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So I've been doing some extensive testing with the new pet changes, and I'm loving them! Were there any new commands added so i can issue them orders via keybinds?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm trying to find a command that will update "build(s)" without opening the UI window and doing each build manually.
    Any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm trying to find a command that will update "build(s)" without opening the UI window and doing each build manually.
    Any suggestions?

Yes!

/buildCopyFromCurrent with 5 integers. The first integer is the build number, starting with 0 for the first build. The remaining 4 integers should be a 0 or 1, with 0 meaning do not copy, and 1 means do copy. In order, they are role, costume, gear, and powers. So if you wanted to copy your current gear and powers only to build 3, you would type /buildCopyFromCurrent 2 0 0 1 1

Got it?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So, would a /bind command work on a "Global" alias string to update gear & powers for all 6 builds work?
    (that's kind of what i was looking for)
    Considering i can't predict what build # i'll be in at any given time.

Something like:

"buildCopyFromCurrent 0 0 0 1 1 $$ buildCopyFromCurrent 1 0 0 1 1 $$ buildCopyFromCurrent 2 0 0 1 1 $$ buildCopyFromCurrent 3 0 0 1 1 $$ buildCopyFromCurrent 4 0 0 1 1 $$ buildCopyFromCurrent 5 0 0 1 1"
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Theoretically. Two potential problems: there may be a limit on commands per bind, and I've found some commands only work when they are last in a bind. Test and let us know!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The text string was too long for the chat window to allow the full bind to be submitted :(
    I could go with this instead:
    1. /bind CTRL+1 "buildCopyFromCurrent 0 0 0 1 1"
    2. /bind CTRL+2 "buildCopyFromCurrent 1 0 0 1 1"
    3. /bind CTRL+3 "buildCopyFromCurrent 2 0 0 1 1"
    4. /bind CTRL+4 "buildCopyFromCurrent 3 0 0 1 1"
    5. /bind CTRL+5 "buildCopyFromCurrent 4 0 0 1 1"
    6. /bind CTRL+6 "buildCopyFromCurrent 5 0 0 1 1"
    Not as good as a "1 key sets all" alias, but it will do.

Is there a was to call shorter commands? Like...
    1. /alias CTRL+1 "buildCopyFromCurrent 0 0 0 1 1"
    2. /alias CTRL+2 "buildCopyFromCurrent 1 0 0 1 1"
    3. /alias CTRL+3 "buildCopyFromCurrent 2 0 0 1 1"
    4. /alias CTRL+4 "buildCopyFromCurrent 3 0 0 1 1"
    5. /alias CTRL+5 "buildCopyFromCurrent 4 0 0 1 1"
    6. /alias CTRL+6 "buildCopyFromCurrent 5 0 0 1 1"
    ...Then reference those in a bind?
    • /bind CTRL+0 "CTRL+1 $$ CTRL+2 $$ CTRL+3 $$ CTRL+4 $$ CTRL+5 $$ CTRL+6"
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Has anyone tried to use /Buy_PowerTree or Buy_PowerTreenode yet?

I fairly certian this would be usefull someone who like to rebuild into similar things often but don't like trying to remember every power they picked.

I tryed every name I could think of and couldn't get a single energy builder to work :/
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think the alias commands are what you want, but you alias words to commands, not keys. Like /alias dobuild1 "buildcopyfromcurrent 1 0 0 1 1"

EDIT: I tested this and it works:
    /alias dobuild0 "buildcopyfromcurrent 0 0 0 1 1"
    /alias dobuild1 "buildcopyfromcurrent 1 0 0 1 1"
    /alias dobuild2 "buildcopyfromcurrent 2 0 0 1 1"
    /alias dobuild3 "buildcopyfromcurrent 3 0 0 1 1"
    /alias dobuild4 "buildcopyfromcurrent 4 0 0 1 1"
    /alias dobuild5 "buildcopyfromcurrent 5 0 0 1 1"
    /bind ctrl+n "dobuild0 $$ dobuild1 $$ dobuild2 $$ dobuild3 $$ dobuild4 $$ dobuild5"

So, enjoy!

(Wow, I wrote "coomans" instead of commands above; that's what I get for replying from my cell phone!)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ok, as you said... IT WORKS!
    (TYVM @oddTodd)

I went with:
    • /alias ub1 "buildcopyfromcurrent 0 0 0 1 1"
    • /alias ub2 "buildcopyfromcurrent 1 0 0 1 1"
    • /alias ub3 "buildcopyfromcurrent 2 0 0 1 1"
    • /alias ub4 "buildcopyfromcurrent 3 0 0 1 1"
    • /alias ub5 "buildcopyfromcurrent 4 0 0 1 1"
    • /alias ub6 "buildcopyfromcurrent 5 0 0 1 1"
    • /bind CTRL+END "ub1 $$ ub2 $$ ub3 $$ ub4 $$ ub5 $$ ub6"

Ok, just so the directions are all in ONE post (for those that come after us...)

The "console command" to update your other builds (to your current one) is: /buildCopyFromCurrent A B C D E

(where A = 0 thru 5, indicating "builds 1 thru 6")
    (and B,C,D,E = 0 or 1 is [do not copy or copy], indicating "Role,Costume,Gear,Powers")

You can "alias" the command, and use those alias's inside a "bind" command (so it's a ONE KEY FUNCTION).

EDIT: Just found the post (Thanks @isometry !) that deals with saving/uploading/etc of alias's. If it's not already in this guide, i'm positng the link HERE as this rounds out this topic greatly!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    This is quite useful. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nice teamwork working this out AoC. I hadn't even heard of that command or thought of doing that before you suggested it. Thankfully it was a pretty easy command to figure out, even though it had no documentation. I'm sure a lot of people will find it useful. Next step: Change everything except the passive, so we can keep our two-passive builds updated!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    BriGuy wrote:
    Has anyone tried to use /Buy_PowerTree or Buy_PowerTreenode yet?

I fairly certian this would be usefull someone who like to rebuild into similar things often but don't like trying to remember every power they picked.

I tryed every name I could think of and couldn't get a single energy builder to work :/

I do not think this does what you think it does. These may be from functionality that never made it into the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I do not think this does what you think it does

I could not help myself but to think of this XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Your right im sure, but I had hoped it was more than it seemed :(
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Having trouble searching this whole thing. Has anyone figured out the numerical components of Power Ids yet? I managed to find some Rank 1 numbers, but I can't get rank 2 or 3 to work at all.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Having trouble searching this whole thing. Has anyone figured out the numerical components of Power Ids yet? I managed to find some Rank 1 numbers, but I can't get rank 2 or 3 to work at all.

The Power IDs vary by character. They are generated automatically as you select powers, advantages, and talents at the Trainer, incrementing from whatever base value that character might have started with. The only method I am aware of for determining those numbers is to check the HTML source of the Champedia entry for the relevant character, and if the exact power isn’t there (it’s especially common for additional ranks not to show up), just trying progressively higher numbers in a command until it works.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Quick note:
    • "getpos" gives you your current grid location.
    • "ShowCamPos 1" toggles a field on which shows your current position (0 toggles it off)

(Inspired by @oddTodd in another thread, so i thought i'd post it here...)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Is there a way to bind action figures?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Denu wrote:
    Is there a way to bind action figures?

None of the known /commands has anything to do with action figures, so the answer seems to be no.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Are Aliases saved in a file as well? I've found that I have to re-create aliases each time I log into the game. Can I add aliases to the bind file? Is there a separate alias file?

I've also noticed that in the thread some binds are written as Numpad9 local "Thank you $player" and others have the command inside the quotes (ex. Numpad9 "local Thank you $player"). Why is this? Is there a difference?

EDIT: Also, binds like 'bind Numpad8 "tell $target Hey" Don't work. You can use $target in messages to any other channel, and it'll replace $target with the name of the person you have targeted. However trying to use it to send tells will result in an 'error player $target does not exist'. Anyone know a way around this?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If this isn't already in this thread, it should be.

On post#279 (a few back) i added a link dealing with "alias's" and how to save them.
    It was pertinent to the post there, so i didn't add it here...

...Go back and find it :p
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If this isn't already in this thread, it should be.

On post#279 (a few back) i added a link dealing with "alias's" and how to save them.
    It was pertinent to the post there, so i didn't add it here...

...Go back and find it :p

Your link in post 279 is broken.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    oddTodd wrote:
    Your link in post 279 is broken.
    Bleh, it's fixed now.
    My Bad :p
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm trying to set a combo keybind so i don't have to keep !@#$% toggling the Perma Shrining Device.

I thought i'd use "+forward" as it's the most common key i use after combat.

Any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm trying to set a combo keybind so i don't have to keep !@#$% toggling the Perma Shrining Device.

I thought i'd use "+forward" as it's the most common key i use after combat.

Any suggestions?

Forward is probably not a good choice since you will toggle it back off the next time you go forward!

However, if you use the following format for a bind:

/bind Ctrl+1 "inventoryexec 1 devices 0"

then you only need to tap and it will automatically maintain for the full charge necessary to activate the device.

("Devices 0" represents the first device slot, they are numbered 0-4)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, i tried that.
    It's not liking the fact that the device is a "toggle" and is needing a charge.

I was thinking the part of the command "++[COMMAND]" (like "++forward").
    I thought something like that would only trigger/toggle it ON, and not ON/OFF?

Until i figure it out, i'll just ALT+W "inventoryexec 1 devices 4" as it's almost as easy as W :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Bloody heck!
    /camoffset is a "horzontal" command!
    (no "vertical" access :mad: )

Anybody know a workaround on this?
    So i can have the camera centered on a "shrunken" toon?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hello,

I've got the following problem and after reading here in the forums i still got no solution.

- I have a binding that activates Concussor Beam and Mini-Gun on "q"
    (/bind q "+PowerTrayExec 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 3 $$")

All i wanted to do is activate both Powers at the same time. It does work but ONLY if the energy builder is deactivated! If my energy builder is active and i press "q" it activates only Concussor Beam and causes that i switch between Concussor Beam and Mini-Gun by pressing "q" again, unable to stop the Power until the energy is too low... only able to switch between them!

Anyone knows what's the reason for this? And how to solve the problem?

Thx
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Stick a command in the keybind that deactivates your EB at the beginning, then reactivates it at the end?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    /bind numpad5 "tell $target, Hey how are you?"

Doesn't work. Returns an error saying $target doesn't exist. If I change it like this:

/bind numpad5 "local $target! Hey how are you?

I get:

"[Player's name]! Hey how are you?"

Is there a way to get around the tell issue?

I want to set up a bind to send a tell to the currently targeted player.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I think the " , " in the TELL bind is the problem.
    When you REPLY to someone, it auto inserts the " , ".
    Try it without it and let me know how it goes :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Gervasius wrote:
    /bind numpad5 "tell $target, Hey how are you?"

/bind numpad5 "local $target! Hey how are you?

I notice you use different punctuation after $target in the two examples. Is that what you did in game? If so, test the tell version without a comma.

EDIT: Damn! AoC beat me to it.