Install Arc
Options

FAQ for Bindings/Commands

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Reishan wrote:
    omg this is awesome! THanks so much!!! another question please? What is the command for space? like to jump, so instead of binding W, bind with jump so everytime i press space i can maintain too.
    Did that actually work? After thinking about it ++forward should make you keep going forward until an action, like pressing back, interrupts it.

It doesnt keep me going forward, but it works just exactly how i need it to be. Everytime i press W it will try to execute enrage. THANKS
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Reishan wrote:
    omg this is awesome! THanks so much!!! another question please? What is the command for space? like to jump, so instead of binding W, bind with jump so everytime i press space i can maintain too.

Have you tried "space"? Like
    /bind space "etc."
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    oddTodd wrote:
    Have you tried "space"? Like
    /bind space "etc."

I'll have to try this when I get home. It may be labeled like 'SpaceBar' or something funky. Not sure if cryptic ever released a list of the nomenclatures they use. Someone once had a question about binding the mouse buttons plue 'Ctrl'. I couldn't figure out what they were labeled as.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'll have to try this when I get home. It may be labeled like 'SpaceBar' or something funky. Not sure if cryptic ever released a list of the nomenclatures they use. Someone once had a question about binding the mouse buttons plue 'Ctrl'. I couldn't figure out what they were labeled as.

The way to derive any value is to use the Keybinds menu to set any non-default bind using that key. (Like tie Space to Target Next or something simple like that.) Then do /bind_save_file filename.txt. Then open that file up (it's in ~/Champions Online/Live). The bind you just set should be listed in there, giving you the syntax for the key.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Something like this might work:

/bind w "+PowerTrayExec 1 $$ ++forward"

The 1 represents the tray where ever you have enrage. So you'll need to enter the correct slot. Not sure if this will work and I won't be home to try for another 8 hours.
    Is it possible to make the bind NOT work when enrage is on a cooldown, so that we don't get the "still recharging" text pop up every time we press forward?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Is it possible to make the bind NOT work when enrage is on a cooldown, so that we don't get the "still recharging" text pop up every time we press forward?

Not that I know of, you can move certain things in your display so that pop up won't be in the middle of the screen. You can also change the size. Press F12 to bring up that option.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Alright...the answer to this is probably in here somewhere, but I'm currently too frustrated to look.

I wish to know if it's possible to map the power tray slots themselves as inputs for commands. heh...my brother and I both are worthless heathen PvE players who actually activate our skills via mouse click rather than keybinds, and he and I both have spent the last half hour trying to find out if there's a way to map commands to coincide with mouseclicked powers. Namely, Target wants his crazy pirate character to shout certain pirate-y phrases when he uses his powers, but while mapping that to keyboard binds is easy enough, we haven't yet figured out how to map the Local <YAMMER> command directly to the power tray slot so we can just click the power and have it work.

Is it possible, and if it is, how the blue hell do I do it? T_T
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Just a thought since hideouts have come out.

Would it be possible to set a keybind to "travel to hideout"?

I'm thinking of the RP possibilities for doing a "talk to hq" emote then travel to hideout on a keybind.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Hey Supercollide:

/bind numpad9 "e talktoHQ$$hideout"

I used number pad 9 but can set to any key. This will put you into the emote and bring up the Hideout menu to click travel.

Could also do something like:

/bind numpad9 "local Come in HQ. Beam me up.$$e talktoHQ$$hideout"

This would do the same as above but also put in local chat the text: Come in HQ. Beam me up.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    GeoDragon wrote:
    Hey Supercollide:

I used number pad 9 but can set to any key. This will put you into the emote and bring up the Hideout menu to click travel.

This would do the same as above but also put in local chat the text: Come in HQ. Beam me up.

Ooh that's a cool idea! I don't suppose there's a way of traveling w/o having to bring up the menu first?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    GeoDragon wrote:
    Hey Supercollide:

Ohh cheers for the heads up about this in chat last night - I'd missed this appearing!

Will try it properly tonight!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Looked through this whole topic and saw one person asking the same question i have, but didn't see him get an answer. What is the bind/macro for slotting a passive power?

I am not talking about role change, i just want to swap passives while being in guardian role.

i have seen this used in game so i know it's possible, just can't get the command right.

Can anyone please help?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    hraughr wrote:
    Looked through this whole topic and saw one person asking the same question i have, but didn't see him get an answer. What is the bind/macro for slotting a passive power?

I am not talking about role change, i just want to swap passives while being in guardian role.

i have seen this used in game so i know it's possible, just can't get the command right.

Can anyone please help?

Are you sure they just didn't change to another build that just had the passive changed?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Are you sure they just didn't change to another build that just had the passive changed?

Definitely a macro/bind could swap as often as ones fingers can press buttons on a keyboard :)
    to show off that it's not just build change and there is no cd he swapped them like 20 times in a few sec, heh will have to ask him again when i meet him online i guess
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    It's very annoying - you have to go to the character's page under 'my characters' and get the power ID of the passive you want to slot. You then use 'setactivepassive' or something like that, to slot it. I had such a bind on one character, but found it wasn't really worth the trouble...
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    biostem wrote:
    It's very annoying - you have to go to the character's page under 'my characters' and get the power ID of the passive you want to slot. You then use 'setactivepassive' or something like that, to slot it. I had such a bind on one character, but found it wasn't really worth the trouble...

hmm sounds interesting, well i tried the setactivepassive and something similar as it didn't work, but couldn't find any working command.
    Checked the http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List there also isn't a command listed that does it :/

Can you explain in more detail how you did it?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    well i did find out :)

/power_slot 17 power_id

17 is passive slots number

power id is different for everyone
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    You can also change your build with a bind, of course, though that's subject to a cooldown.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Pantagruel wrote:
    You can also change your build with a bind, of course, though that's subject to a cooldown.

The problem w/ this, and one I had to accept for my shapeshifter, is constantly having to put the gear into every build, when you get new equipment.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    hraughr wrote:
    well i did find out :)

/power_slot 17 power_id

17 is passive slots number

power id is different for everyone

This is one area that I miss from CoX; You could activate powers by their NAMES. It didn't matter what slot they were in, or if they were even slotted at all...

It'd be great if you could do something like /bind numpad9 "power_slot 17 regeneration"
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I thought you could activate powers by name? I thought I read that somewhere in this guide.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    First off, this thread has been very helpful. VERY VERY Helpful for mapping my controller.

I do however have several questions and I apologize if someone has already answered all or some of them, but I couldn't find it n this thread.

My first question is in regards to the Toggle on Block. Where you don't have to hold the button in order to maintain it, I was wondering... Is there a way to make it to where the same button that turns it on, can turn it off as well?

My next question is in regards to he "interact" function. I mapped a different button to interact with things using "interact" but now when I pick something up, I can't throw it with that same button.

Like Z picks up an object and z throws it, but I can't get the button on my controller to do both.

And my last question, is there anyway to do conditional binding of any kind? Like a button while your travel power is active will do one thing, but will do another if the travel power is inactive?

If the answer is "yes" to any of the above, a detailed example as to how would be greatly appreciated as this sort of thing is far from being my forte. Lol

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Rezz000 wrote:
    My first question is in regards to the Toggle on Block. Where you don't have to hold the button in order to maintain it, I was wondering... Is there a way to make it to where the same button that turns it on, can turn it off as well?

I'd have to try this out when I get home, for some reason I thought you could maintain the power, but there may be an issue that once you press another button it turns it off.
    Rezz000 wrote:

My next question is in regards to he "interact" function. I mapped a different button to interact with things using "interact" but now when I pick something up, I can't throw it with that same button.

Like Z picks up an object and z throws it, but I can't get the button on my controller to do both.

Instead of using Interact, use InteractWindow. I believe that's the correct command. This will pickup and throw objects, as well as when you have more that one option, will give you a choice between them. You'll have to use the directional pad once you've pressed the button to enter the available options, then press it again. Hope that makes sense.

One thing I've found very helpful is the keybinds menu in game. If you scroll over the command you want, it should pop up the correct naming properties. Giving you if the option needs a + or not, things like that.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Thanks PT!!!!

The interactwindow command was perfect.

Fantastic.

On the first thing, I want to click the button once, and then the shield stays on without me holding it... which I got that to work, but I also wanted to make it where if I click the same button again, it will turn it off.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Rezz000 wrote:
    On the first thing, I want to click the button once, and then the shield stays on without me holding it... which I got that to work, but I also wanted to make it where if I click the same button again, it will turn it off.

Can you post the command you're currently using that leaves block on?
    Not sure I'll be able to mess with this until tomorrow evening. If you don't hear from me by Friday, send me a reminder using the game mail system.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I am currently using this:

Rb powertrayexec 1 16

Activates shield and maintains without me holding the button, which I like, but I also want to be able to disable it by pressing the same button.

Also, thanks for taking the time to look into this for me. Really appreciate that.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    A long time ago I created a quick and dirty bind that does exactly what you are asking about, there may be another way to get it to work, but I am happy with my method so never bothered to dink around with it further.

Create two .txt files in the "Live" directory, and you might as well place copies in the "playtest" directory also if you ever use the test server so you will have them there as well.

I named my two files "Block1.txt" and "Block2.txt"

In Block1.txt put this line in:
    Z "PowerTrayExec 0 16 $$ Bind_load_file Block2.txt"

In Block2.txt put this line in:
    Z "PowerTrayExec 1 16 $$ Bind_load_file Block1.txt"

I use "Z" for my block key, replace Z with whatever key you prefer.
    Now one final step, just load up the bind to get it active, log into game and type:

/Bind_load_file Block1.txt

That's it, you're done.

One thing to keep in mind, if you are taken out of block by some means other than you pressing your block key (Such as being mezzed), it breaks the block bind cycling. It's nothing major, just tapping block once or twice to get you back into cycle is easy enough. I found I got used to it fairly quickly.

I Hope you find this as useful as I do, I can't imagine playing without it anymore, manually maintaining block would drive me insane at this point.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Ash, that was so awesome, I crapped myself.

Seriously though, thanks so much. The CO community is just to awesome for words.

Thanks again all.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I've noticed an issue. I heard "Crtl-<key>" in the bind is "crtl+<key>" but when I assign the key, it overrides the non-ctrled key. Example, I want to use walk under crtl-r and crtl-f, and when I bind them, they override R and F also. When I rebind R and F, the crtl commands vanish.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Shilar wrote:
    I've noticed an issue. I heard "Crtl-<key>" in the bind is "crtl+<key>" but when I assign the key, it overrides the non-ctrled key. Example, I want to use walk under crtl-r and crtl-f, and when I bind them, they override R and F also. When I rebind R and F, the crtl commands vanish.

When I do a /bind_save_file it saves control keys like this "Control+6 "+InventoryExec Devices 0"

Try using control+<key>. That seems to work for me.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Is there a way to change power colors with one specific costume, and then have those colors revert to their defaults for the rest of the costumes? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Voculus wrote:
    Is there a way to change power colors with one specific costume, and then have those colors revert to their defaults for the rest of the costumes? Thanks.

What I do is create a bind for each costume slot I use frequently. These binds include a color change command, and the costume change command. I typically use the ' ; l k [ ] keys for this. Here's an exampel of one:

/bind ' "powerhue 0 120$$setactivecostume 0 0"

The above bind sets my colors to be green and switches me to my first costume.

Here is a handy link for what the powerhue numbers mean, (the first 0 means to apply the color to all powers):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hue

For costumes, I'm not sure what the first 0 is for (but it's needed), and the second number is the number of the costume slot minus 1, (so costume slot 1 is 0, slot 2 is 1, slot 3 is 3, etc).
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I've got some questions about some commands !
    Is there anyone who know how to use the commands /primarymission and /sharemission ?
    I'm searching for the argument you have to put inside !
    Plz somebody help me lol
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I am not saying I could figure it out, but just in case I could (or someone else could), describe what you are trying to do exactly.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Rezz000 wrote:
    I am not saying I could figure it out, but just in case I could (or someone else could), describe what you are trying to do exactly.

it's for sharing my primary mission to team directly with a bind instead of opening the mission tab, selecting the mission and clicking share
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Zvardin wrote:
    Power Tray
    This shows what slot is which #:

| 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 15 |
    | 16 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 14 |

Is there a map for the device slots?

Also, is there a number for the slotted passive's slot?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Could someone post the commands to switch between two costumes when you use your travel power in clearer language?
    How can I change costumes/builds when I activate my travel power?
    Create the following 2 txt files, with the listed contents in your Champions Online\Live Folder.

fly.txt:
    t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 1 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

land.txt:
    t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 0 $$ bind_load_file fly.txt"

Then run:
    /bind t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 1 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

To change costumes, instead of builds:
    Change "buildset <#>" to "setactivecostume 0 <#>"

The whole going with builds in the instructions and then saying 'switch out to this to switch costumes' has seriously confused me and every time I try and use the instructions I end up getting spammed with 2-3 cannot change costume yet messages, meaning I must have put it in wrong and its switching costumes multiple times.. or trying to.

Do I need the < > 's?

Do I put the number again in place of the hash?

[edit]

Nevermind, found this:

http://forums.champions-online.com/showpost.php?p=1906979&postcount=9

Works perfectly.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    so for block we use this.

/bind SHIFT PowerTrayExec 1 16

What I would like to know is how to turn it into a toggle instead, press once for block, press again to turn block off.
    Failing that, how do I unbind this and revert back to 'hold shift for block'. I'd rather the old way instead of some perma-block. Yes I am rubbish at macros.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    TooNu wrote:
    so for block we use this.

/bind SHIFT PowerTrayExec 1 16

What I would like to know is how to turn it into a toggle instead, press once for block, press again to turn block off.
    Failing that, how do I unbind this and revert back to 'hold shift for block'. I'd rather the old way instead of some perma-block. Yes I am rubbish at macros.

I posted one method of creating a block toggle. See my step by step instructions a few posts above.

For an easy block reversion:
    Just go into options, find block, and press the key you want as block.

Might I make a suggestion, you seem like you might want the convenience of having both block on demand as well as a block toggle. Why not have both? Pick one key to use as a block toggle, and another key to use as a block on demand.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So no info available for binding to device slots or the slotted passive slot? :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Salut,

I search it on the thread but didn't find a way to do this simple thing :

I would like to add to my powers, a sentence whose letters are differently colored. I already understand how to add a sentence to a power :

/bind <key> "local Take this ! $$ +PowerTrayExec <Power>"

Just want to know how to add a color to each letter.

And an other question, how to add a "randomly" sentence to a power ?

I tried with the function "OR" but this function doesn't exist :/

/bind <key> "<function of choice> local hello ! $$ local haha ! $$ local tutuyutuuu !"

well, maybe it's something like that... someone could tell me how to make it correct ?

Thanks a lot to answer my questions :)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I'm sure this has been done before but I wanted to share what I've done so far (and what I will probably do on other characters as appropriate).

I've basically created what I'm calling a "boss button" which when pressed will cycle through all of my defensive powers and activate every single one of them in preparation for launching my first attack on a boss. On the character that I first did this on it will target myself put up Protection Field , Bionic Shielding, activate Lock & Load, and then target the boss (or whatever enemy is closest but usually it's the boss).

/bind l "++down1 $$ target_self $$ PowerTrayExec 11$$ PowerTrayExec 7 $$ PowerTrayExec 8 $$ target_enemy_near"

I'm able to activate and charge Orbital Cannon and in the interval of the animation for the attack starting and it actually hitting I'm able to tag my l key and everything is up and running by the time the attack actually hits and the boss wakes up. Makes surviving any alpha strikes a LOT easier. =D It also makes a lot of target-able defenses and heals way more viable to use while soloing.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I'm sure it's possible to change the color of a simple sentence,
    Someone could telle me what is the command ?
    (i'm not talking about changing color of a channel)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    me_less wrote:
    Any way to put your devices into a macro so that you can use multiple devices with one key bind?

i found a way to use a device :

/bind key "+inventoryexec devices slotdevice"

key is the key yu would have to press to use the device, and slotdevice is the number of the slot the device is, but it begins by 0, so slot 1 is 0, slot 2 is 1 etc...

So then, i can use this command to use a device and a power in the same time, like dark aura (slotted in 1) with the power resurgence (slotted in A4)

/bind alt+4 "+Inventoryexec devices 0 $$ +powertrayexec 10"

i can add ...$$+inventoryexec devices 0" to remove dark aura when resurgence is finished , but since it's an instantaneous skill it's not gonna be good to see (i don't know)

What i want to know, but i think there is no way, is if it's possible to link dark aura (for exemple) to a skill that remain operational in the time, and then when this skill is finished, dark aura is removed.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Hi, would it be possible to make a bind for opening the inventory and all the bags at the same time? Sorry if it's been asked before.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    keeboots wrote:
    i found a way to use a device :

/bind key "+inventoryexec devices slotdevice"

key is the key yu would have to press to use the device, and slotdevice is the number of the slot the device is, but it begins by 0, so slot 1 is 0, slot 2 is 1 etc...

So then, i can use this command to use a device and a power in the same time, like dark aura (slotted in 1) with the power resurgence (slotted in A4)

/bind alt+4 "+Inventoryexec devices 0 $$ +powertrayexec 10"

i can add ...$$+inventoryexec devices 0" to remove dark aura when resurgence is finished , but since it's an instantaneous skill it's not gonna be good to see (i don't know)

What i want to know, but i think there is no way, is if it's possible to link dark aura (for exemple) to a skill that remain operational in the time, and then when this skill is finished, dark aura is removed.

Wow, great! Can't wait to try it out!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Fauxfire wrote:
    I'm sure this has been done before but I wanted to share what I've done so far (and what I will probably do on other characters as appropriate).

I've basically created what I'm calling a "boss button" which when pressed will cycle through all of my defensive powers and activate every single one of them in preparation for launching my first attack on a boss. On the character that I first did this on it will target myself put up Protection Field , Bionic Shielding, activate Lock & Load, and then target the boss (or whatever enemy is closest but usually it's the boss).

/bind l "++down1 $$ target_self $$ PowerTrayExec 11$$ PowerTrayExec 7 $$ PowerTrayExec 8 $$ target_enemy_near"

I'm able to activate and charge Orbital Cannon and in the interval of the animation for the attack starting and it actually hitting I'm able to tag my l key and everything is up and running by the time the attack actually hits and the boss wakes up. Makes surviving any alpha strikes a LOT easier. =D It also makes a lot of target-able defenses and heals way more viable to use while soloing.

I've never been able to get more than one power function while typing a bind in the chat box... am I missing something?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I didn't find the answer (or may have missed it) to these two keybind questions...

1) I want to hit a key to trigger my travel power and say something at the same time - no problem. But I want to have my travel power come on at full speed - any ideas on how to do that?

2) I saw something about this but didn't get it (small words and diagrams are probably necessary... :) I want a keybind that will turn off my travel power and trigger another - in this case, I want to turn of flight (travel) and turn on Thunderbolt Lunge (key 5.)

Examples would be great. And your assistance is tremendously appreciated - thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I didn't find the answer (or may have missed it) to these two keybind questions...

1) I want to hit a key to trigger my travel power and say something at the same time - no problem. But I want to have my travel power come on at full speed - any ideas on how to do that?

2) I saw something about this but didn't get it (small words and diagrams are probably necessary... :) I want a keybind that will turn off my travel power and trigger another - in this case, I want to turn of flight (travel) and turn on Thunderbolt Lunge (key 5.)

Examples would be great. And your assistance is tremendously appreciated - thanks!

1) I'm not sure if this is what you were after, but if you - say - have your travel power on lower slot, then powertrayexec 1 14 would charge it fully, so combining that with: /local test $$ powertrayexec 1 14 should do the trick.

2) I'm not certain how this would work, if you KNOW the travel power is turned on, it should be easy enough: /powertrayexec 1 14 $$ powertrayexec 1 4
    but if it can be on or off, it's more tricky. It seems repeating the travel power part might work:
    /powertrayexec 1 14 $$ powertrayexec 1 14 $$ powertrayexec 1 4
    but your mileage may vary.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    i want to bind my maintain with my sparkstorm toggle to work together at the same time, any clues what's the line for it? thanks.