What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ for Bindings/Commands

Comments

• Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What i would like to know is if it's possible to bind a key to activate a power by name, the power won't be in the tray.

If anyone could show me at least the command to activate the power by name it would be awesome =)

I don't know if that's possible or not, but since the tray can only hold powers (not devices, macros, etc), and there's exactly one tray slot for each power you can get, I just put the power in one of the slots I can't reach (like Alt+7), and remap that slot to whatever I want to use (The thumb button my mouse, in that case).

You don't even have to mess with binds to do it this way; you can just remap the tray from within the Options menu. And it works for your Devices and equipment trays too.
    edited February 2013
    I don't know if that's possible or not, but since the tray can only hold powers (not devices, macros, etc), and there's exactly one tray slot for each power you can get, I just put the power in one of the slots I can't reach (like Alt+7), and remap that slot to whatever I want to use (The thumb button my mouse, in that case).

You don't even have to mess with binds to do it this way; you can just remap the tray from within the Options menu. And it works for your Devices and equipment trays too.

My tray is full mate, and i still have one power left. (yes its true). I would not like to take a shield or a passive to fix such issue, here i am, looking for a command to bind a power by name.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My tray is full mate, and i still have one power left. (yes its true). I would not like to take a shield or a passive to fix such issue, here i am, looking for a command to bind a power by name.

Yeah, if you have no passive, that would over-fill your tray, since there's an extra slot specifically for it. I never even considered that possibility, since I've never heard of anyone building without a passive.

Sorry, in that case, I have no idea how to help you.
    edited February 2013

The only "easy" fix I could think of would be to use a build-switching bind, and to have the powers you want in 1 tray, then the others in another. It's not a perfect answer, but it's something.

Either way... why you wouldn't want to take a passive is beyond me... but play however you like.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Guys, I've been looking but wasn't able to find this...

Is it possible to bind a specific power directly to a local chat phrase WITHOUT binding it to a key?

I mean, let's say for Lifedrain. If I wanted the character to say something like "Your soul will be mine" whenever I use the power, no matter if by clicking, by a key or gamepad button, is it possible?

OR

Is it possible to bind commands to gamepad buttons and combinations of buttons? Again for LifeDrain, since it's on my slot 7, it's activated by button7+button4.
    I tried /bind button7+button4 "+PowerTrayExec 7 $$ local Your soul will be mine", but it doesn't work. Have I made some mistake or is it that bindings do not work with gamepad buttons? Or the names of the buttons are different for that matter?

Well, thanks in advance!
  • Options
    tripphtripph Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Does anyone know of/have a list of all the default keybinds?
    _____

I'm still fairly new. If I screwed up again, let me know.
  • Options
    uprightdoguprightdog Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tripph wrote: »
    Does anyone know of/have a list of all the default keybinds?

Press Escape, "Options", "Keybinds". they're all there.*

*Except the one that makes the 8 of the numeric keypad act as up arrow even with number lock on. INFURIATING when you're used to typing numbers with your right hand due to foreign keyboard peculiarities.

@CanisErectus- Scampering around, biting bad guys since July 2011.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    uprightdog wrote: »
    Press Escape, "Options", "Keybinds". they're all there.*

*Except the one that makes the 8 of the numeric keypad act as up arrow even with number lock on. INFURIATING when you're used to typing numbers with your right hand due to foreign keyboard peculiarities.

Yes, thank you, I know about the keybinds panel. <grin!>

I'm looking for a text file/list of the default keybinds. If I /unbindall, then do a /bindsavefile z:defaultkeys.txt, I get an empty file. (z: is a subst for the full path to my keybinds folder.) If I make changes, and then do a /bindsavefile, I only get the changed binds.

So I was hoping someone might already have a list of the default keybinds and their associated commands. I'm interested in some of the syntax and exact commands for the defaults.

Uprightdog: I'm a numpad guy, too. Does the "8" do that even if you've rebound it? I haven't gotten that high on the numpad yet.
    _____

• Options
    yinepuhotepgamesyinepuhotepgames Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would appreciate some debugging help on a couple macros. I've set up a pair of toggle macros on my T button, following the advice given in the FAQ.

The fly.txt file looks like this:
    t "em unfolds a set of turbines that is larger than her torso from an opening in her back. $$ +PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 1 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

Everything except the em works exactly as advertised. The em doesn't. At all.

The land.txt file looks like this:
    t "em folds a set of turbines that is larger than her torso into an opening in her back. $$ +PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 2 $$ bind_load_file fly.txt"

Neither the em nor the costume change work. At all.

Any ideas for what I need to fix to make them work?
    --

Coffee, chocolate, bacon, and phasers. What more do I need?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Have you tried spelling out "emote"? To see if that makes any difference?

(I know "e", "em" and "emote" are supposed to be synonyms, but we are dealing with a computer parsing the command, here. :) )
    _____

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Have you tried spelling out "emote"? To see if that makes any difference?

(I know "e", "em" and "emote" are supposed to be synonyms, but we are dealing with a computer parsing the command, here. :) )

Thanks for the suggestion. Apparently, "e", "em" and "emote" are synonyms in that they all fail to work, at least. ;)

Honestly, the emote is the least of my worries. I could easily delete that from the command, since it's only flavor text. It's the "setactivecostume 0 <#>" that's the real problem. "setactivecostume 0 1" works perectly. ANY other numeric input fails.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Ah HA! Got it!

Costume slots are numbered from ZERO, not one.

Assuming your flying costume is in your first slot, your fly text should use "setactivecostume 0 0", and your land text should use "setactivecostume 0 1". (Vice versa if your costumes are the opposite.)

Change those, and all the rest should work. Even the emote.
    _____

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Ah HA! Got it!

Costume slots are numbered from ZERO, not one.

Assuming your flying costume is in your first slot, your fly text should use "setactivecostume 0 0", and your land text should use "setactivecostume 0 1". (Vice versa if your costumes are the opposite.)

Change those, and all the rest should work. Even the emote.

Oh, I ASSUMED That costume slots were numbered from zero. My flying costume is my second slot, my landing costume is my third slot. So in theory, "setactivecsotume 0 1" should set my second costume slot as the active one, and "setactivecostume 0 2" should set my third costume slot as the active one. Unfortunately, it fails. I had originally thought there was a problem with my landing costume, which HAD been in slot 0, so I made a copy into slot 2 and edited my macros to suit. Nada.

So I've had:
    "setactivecostume 0 0" (land)
    "setactivecostume 0 1" (fly)
    and
    "setactivecostume 0 2" (land)
    "setactivecostume 0 1" (fly)

Neither arrangement worked.

EDIT:

Just attempted to arrange as:
    "setactivecostume 0 0" (fly)
    "setactivecostume 0 1" (land)

And the interesting thing that happened was that the fly.tx loaded the appropriate costume, but the land.txt did nothing. So what I have going on is that fly.txt will toggle the fly command, and will load the costume, but bind_load_file apparently does not work

Further testing by manually loading the files confirmed that manually entering /bind_load_file does not load either fly.txt or land.txt.

Feels like I'm falling into a rabbit hole.

ANOTHER EDIT:

Just opened a system messages window while attempting to run this, and got the following:
    [3/13 7:06] [System] "emote" takes 1 argument(s).

[3/13 7:06] [System] emote <string>

Attempted to fix by putting ' ' around the string to be emoted, with no change. Tried both single and double quotes. No change.

So it seems that maybe it's the emote that's blocking it. Next step is to delete the emote and see what happens.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Apparently, the emote was masking the REAL Problem.

The current text of the files is as follow:

FLY.TXT:
    t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 1 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

LAND.TXT:
    t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 2 $$ bind_load_file xnkfly.txt"

When I attempt to fly now, I get the following system error message:
    [3/13 7:20] [System] Unknown command "PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 2 $$ bind_load_file xnkland.txt".

Any idea where to go from here? I've tried loading manually, and get the same error when I run it.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    What response do you get when you run the "bind_load_file xnkland.txt" command directly?
    _____

• Options
    doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Don't know if this could work, but... From what I noticed from messing around with binds, the previous binds only disappear if they're overwritten by the new or if you run an /unbind_all command. Maybe if you try to include the unbind command in your command, before the bind_load_file...?

I also noticed that the order of some commands can slightly change the result of the bind.

OR... wouldn't it be easier just to forget the bind_load commands and asign the second command to another hotkey?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    What response do you get when you run the "bind_load_file xnkland.txt" command directly?

Exactly the same response.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Exactly the same response.

I just checked each of the commands in the CO-Wiki Console Command list, and it says the command is "SetActiveCostume 1 [slot]", not "SetActiveCostume 0 [slot]". Maybe that's the problem?

(I'm not at home right now, so I can't check my own costume binds to confirm.)
    _____

• Options
    edited March 2013
    OR... wouldn't it be easier just to forget the bind_load commands and asign the second command to another hotkey?

From my experience with two other characters, who also have emotes bound to the "t" key, I'm suspecting it's the costume change that's the problem, although I'm going to try not binding the file, too, just in case that's it.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I just checked each of the commands in the CO-Wiki Console Command list, and it says the command is "SetActiveCostume 1 [slot]", not "SetActiveCostume 0 [slot]". Maybe that's the problem?

Checking that right now. Will report how it works (if it works)
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013

Checked on whether "0" or "1" makes any difference. No change.

Moved costume change to before fly command, and now it loads without the error message, but does nothing. Next step is to try deleting the bind_load_file to see if that makes a difference.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Checked on whether "0" or "1" makes any difference. No change.

Moved costume change to before fly command, and now it loads without the error message, but does nothing. Next step is to try deleting the bind_load_file to see if that makes a difference.

Deleted bind_load_file in both files, manually bound fly to "t" and land to "shift+t" and now it won't even change the costume for the fly file.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Huh. Completely accidentally, I discovered that, no matter what slot I insert in the SetActiveCostume command, it ALWAYS sets slot 1 active.

SetActiveCostume 0 0 = Slot 1 active
    SetActiveCostume 0 1 = Slot 1 active
    SetActiveCostume 0 2 = Slot 1 active
    SetActiveCostume 1 0 = Slot 1 active
    SetActiveCostume 1 1 = Slot 1 active
    SetActiveCostume 1 2 = Slot 1 active

THAT is the source of my costume change problem. Only question is, how do I fix it?
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Huh. Completely accidentally, I discovered that, no matter what slot I insert in the SetActiveCostume command, it ALWAYS sets slot 1 active.

SetActiveCostume 0 0 = Slot 1 active
    SetActiveCostume 0 1 = Slot 1 active
    SetActiveCostume 0 2 = Slot 1 active
    SetActiveCostume 1 0 = Slot 1 active
    SetActiveCostume 1 1 = Slot 1 active
    SetActiveCostume 1 2 = Slot 1 active

THAT is the source of my costume change problem. Only question is, how do I fix it?

Do you have any other character with multiple costumes you can test the command on? Does it work properly for them?

I use the "SetActiveCostume 0 [slot]" form in my costume binds, and it works fine for me. Both "/SetActiveCostume 0 slot]" and "/SetActiveCostume 1 [slot]" also work in the chatbox for me, too. (Provided I wait the required ten seconds between changes, of course.)
    _____

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Do you have any other character with multiple costumes you can test the command on? Does it work properly for them?

I use the "SetActiveCostume 0 [slot]" form in my costume binds, and it works fine for me. Both "/SetActiveCostume 0 slot]" and "/SetActiveCostume 1 [slot]" also work in the chatbox for me, too. (Provided I wait the required ten seconds between changes, of course.)

OK. this is weird. It works perfectly on other characters when I enter it in the chatbox, but if I enter it in a bind file, it fails.

Just to make sure it's not some error entered during editing, I've tried saving the bind files both in Notepad and in NP++, and get the same response.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    In your test bindfile, you are putting quotes around the command? For example:

bind t "setactivecostume 0 1"

(I know it's like asking "Is it plugged in?", but it's easy to forget the basics with a problem as vexing as this one. :) )
    _____

• Options
    edited March 2013
    In your test bindfile, you are putting quotes around the command? For example:

bind t "setactivecostume 0 1"

(I know it's like asking "Is it plugged in?", but it's easy to forget the basics with a problem as vexing as this one. :) )

Yup. Weirdest thing was, it would give me that error message I was getting if I included a space before the closing quote. So, I went through, checked to be sure there were no spaces between the quotes and the first/last characters of the command string, made the error go away, and now only have to deal with the lack of costume change.

The "PowerTrayExec" command works every time, exactly as expected. It's only the "SetActiveCostume" that's not working.

Haven't tried re-adding the emote yet. I figure working out one command is enough, without complicating it even more.
    --

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's a timer before you can change your costume again, and if you hammer away at the button, the bind will still execute w/o changing the costume, thus it may be messing up your perceived operation of the binds. Why not do this:

/bind t "setactivecostume 0 1$$powertrayexec 1 14"

/bind y "setactivecostume 0 0$$powertrayexec 0 14"

Now, while in your 1st (non-flight) costume, and with flight toggled off, press t to switch to your flight costume and to toggle on the flight travel power.

Next, while flying and in your flight costume, press y to toggle-off flight and to return to your non-flight travel power.

Let us know if that worked. If it does, then you know that the commands themselves are fine, and you just have to hammer out what about the text file or command that calls it up, isn't working...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    There's a timer before you can change your costume again, and if you hammer away at the button, the bind will still execute w/o changing the costume, thus it may be messing up your perceived operation of the binds.

Yes. I know about the timer. Ten seconds, approximately. Easy enough to work out, since if I hold down the T until it's fully charged, then wait for the costume change to finish rezzing in, that's normally enough time to allow me to change my costume by clicking on the drop-down menu from my character's picture. Unfortunately, no matter what I do, whether it is

"SetActiveCostume 1 0"
    "SetActiveCostume 1 1"
    "SetActiveCostume 1 2"
    "SetActiveCostume 0 0"
    "SetActiveCostume 0 1"
    "SetActiveCostume 0 2"

It always gives me the exact same costume. It ALWAYS gives me the costume in Slot 1. Not Slot 0, not Slot 2, but ALWAYS Slot 1.

To make matters worse, this happens even if that is the only command in on the bind. Yes, I've tried:

bind y "SetActiveCostume x y" (where x = 0 or 1 and y = 0, 1, or 2")

in every combination thereof, and the result has been to trigger Slot 1, no matter which combination of x and y I use.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I don't know what else to tell you, then. I use a costume change and power color change bind for all my characters. They go like this, (I use the ' ; l k [ ] \ keys for the various slots):

/bind ' "powerhue 0 60$$setactivecostume 0 0"

Thus when I press the ' key all my powers switch to being yellow and I go into the first costume slot.

/bind ; "powerhue 0 120$$setactivecostume 0 1"

When I press the ; key, my powers get tinted green and I switch to the 2nd costume slot.

I think you touched on what may be part of your issue, though - trying to "time" the costume change to when you're done charging the travel power doesn't quite work. The costume change would go off right when you tap the power, not after. Try the 2 separate binds I mentioned previously and tell me if they work.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I think you touched on what may be part of your issue, though - trying to "time" the costume change to when you're done charging the travel power doesn't quite work. The costume change would go off right when you tap the power, not after. Try the 2 separate binds I mentioned previously and tell me if they work.

I've tried the binds you suggested (fly on "t" and land on "y").

I get the same result as before. No matter what I do, I get the costume in Slot 1. Even when I set up the separate binds on different keys.

Edit:

Just to see if there might be a problem with my binds interfering with existing binds, I reset all my keys to default and tried binding the costume change + fly commands to NUMPAD0 (Costume slot 1) and NUMPAD1 (Costume slot 2).

No difference in result.

I continue to get Costume Slot 1, no matter what I do, even if I change to Costume Slot 1, fly across Westside, pick a spot to land, and use my Costume Slot 2 macro.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Long shot idea: Go into the costume editor, save each costume, then load a different one in each slot. Exit the editor, re-enter, load the correct costumes in each slot. Maybe, just maybe, that'll reset something at the far end that'll fix the costume changing.

Good luck!
    _____

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I've tried the binds you suggested (fly on "t" and land on "y").

I get the same result as before. No matter what I do, I get the costume in Slot 1. Even when I set up the separate binds on different keys.

Edit:

Just to see if there might be a problem with my binds interfering with existing binds, I reset all my keys to default and tried binding the costume change + fly commands to NUMPAD0 (Costume slot 1) and NUMPAD1 (Costume slot 2).

No difference in result.

I continue to get Costume Slot 1, no matter what I do, even if I change to Costume Slot 1, fly across Westside, pick a spot to land, and use my Costume Slot 2 macro.

What about if you use binds that *just* change your costume? Do they work? Can you confirm that each slot you're trying to use indeed has a different costume? If you open your character window and look at each costume slot, are they indeed different? I do not encounter the problems you are reporting, and as such cannot say what's causing the issue for you...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    What about if you use binds that *just* change your costume? Do they work?

This is the ONLY thing that has worked so far. By deleting everything from the bind except the costume change, I can get slot 1 bound to one key, and slot 2 bound to a different key. Unfortunately, as soon as I add the flight toggle, it breaks the binding. Looks like I'll just have to set up costume binds without the flight toggles.

This pretty much confirms that the travel bind listed in post #3 of this thread does not work, unless it works with the buildset <x> command, instead of the setactivecostume 1 <x>
    command.

I say that because I started out doing a copy/paste of the bind as listed in post #3, and that's when my troubles began.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    This is the ONLY thing that has worked so far. By deleting everything from the bind except the costume change, I can get slot 1 bound to one key, and slot 2 bound to a different key. Unfortunately, as soon as I add the flight toggle, it breaks the binding. Looks like I'll just have to set up costume binds without the flight toggles.

This pretty much confirms that the travel bind listed in post #3 of this thread does not work, unless it works with the buildset <x> command, instead of the setactivecostume 1 <x>
    command.

I say that because I started out doing a copy/paste of the bind as listed in post #3, and that's when my troubles began.

What about trying to rearrange the order of the commands? Like:

/bind t "setactivecostume 0 0$$powertrayexec 1 14"

or

/bind r "powertrayexec 1 14%%setactivecostume 0 0"

And if those don't work, try:

/bind t "setactivecostume 0 0$$+powertrayexec 14"

or

/bind t "+down1$$setactivecostume 0 0$$powertrayexec 1 14"
  • Options
    edited March 2013

command.

I'll try them myself this evening. Be a shame if you spent all this time and effort on something that simply doesn't work.
    _____

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I did some testing this evening, and the results are very interesting:

First I tested the costume change command:
    /bind ctrl+t "setactivecostume 0 1"
    /bind shift+t "setactivecostume 0 0"

Both worked fine, as long as I've waited the required ten seconds minimum.

Then I tried the flight command:
    /bind ctrl+t "+PowerTrayExec 14 "
    /bind shift+t "+PowerTrayExec 14 "

Also worked fine.

So I put them together:
    /bind ctrl+t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 1"
    /bind shift+t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 0"

And they worked! I get a "Cannot change costume yet" message when I release the key, but my costume does change properly.

In a "what the heck, it can't hurt", I reversed them;
    /bind ctrl+t "setactivecostume 0 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 14"
    /bind shift+t "setactivecostume 0 0 $$ +PowerTrayExec 14"

And they still worked fine, plus I don't even get the costume change error!

So I tried adding a descriptive emote, like you originally had:
    /bind ctrl+t "emote switches to her parka $$ +PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 1 $$ "
    /bind shift+t "emote switches to her summer dress $$ +PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 0 $$ "

And I find that I can't get a descriptive emote to work for me anywhere in the command, nor as a solo bind or even as a direct command. I always get the message:

"emote" takes 1 argument(s)
    emote <string>

Are you sure descriptive emotes like that work here? I'm not much of an RPer, myself, so I don't know.

Anyhoo, I can get the power trigger and costume change to work fine as keybinds. Now let's try it as load files:

I keep my keybind files in a separate folder, easier to find, so I have to specify the full file path on load/save. Here are the ones I used:

fly.txt:
    t "setactivecostume 0 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 14 $$ bind_load_file F:\CO\land.txt"

land.txt:
    t "setactivecostume 0 0 $$ +PowerTrayExec 14 $$ bind_load_file F:\CO\fly.txt"

Then ran:
    /bind t "setactivecostume 0 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 14 $$ bind_load_file F:\CO\land.txt"

And they are working perfectly for me. The first time I hit "t", my character switched to the second costume slot, and flight triggered normallly. I hit again, she switched to the first slot, and flight shut off. So long as I wait the required ten seconds between costume changes, they change just fine.

So now I have no idea why they aren't working for you. Did you try the costume switchouts I suggested earlier?
    _____

• Options
    edited March 2013

So now I have no idea why they aren't working for you. Did you try the costume switchouts I suggested earlier?

I'm just as confused as you are. Yes, I did try the costume switchouts you suggested earlier, several iterations back (if I remember correctly).

I've been very careful to try every suggestion, even if it was something I'd already tried, simply in hopes that maybe I'd overlooked something or had messed it up with a typo, and it wasn't until I deleted everything except the costume change that I finally got a successful result.

Of course, I will admit that my confusion began when I cut and pasted the costume change + flight command from post #3 in this thread, and it failed from there, even with a straight cut & paste of a command that's been presented as functional.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Are you sure descriptive emotes like that work here? I'm not much of an RPer, myself, so I don't know.

In theory they do. Or at least, they did when these threads were started. There are several threads dedicated to using keybinds for emotes.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    OK, I think I'm going insane. After all this fuss and bother, and nothing tried (no matter what it was or who suggested it) working, I finally ended up with the following binds:
    numpad0 "SetActiveCostume 1 0"
    numpad1 "SetActiveCostume 1 1"

which worked.

After running for a day with those as my binds, I decided that I could risk modifying them as suggested:

numpad0 "SetActiveCostume 1 0$$+PowerTrayExec 14"
    numpad1 "SetActiveCostume 1 1$$+PowerTrayExec 14"

They work. I don't understand WHY they work, when all previous attempts failed, unless it's the fact that I have them bound to separate keys, without any load files associated with the commands, except that didn't work before, so I'm still just as confused.

However, since I have the commands loaded in my character's default load file, all I have to do is remember to hit NUMPAD0 to fly, and NUMPAD1 to land.
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Regarding the emote - try putting what you want to say in quotes. It may be that the text as you had it, with the spaces in between, was being interpreted as separate arguments for the command.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So I tried adding a descriptive emote, like you originally had:
    /bind ctrl+t "emote switches to her parka $$ +PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 1 $$ "
    /bind shift+t "emote switches to her summer dress $$ +PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 0 $$ "

And I find that I can't get a descriptive emote to work for me anywhere in the command, nor as a solo bind or even as a direct command. I always get the message:

"emote" takes 1 argument(s)
    emote <string>

I think you are trying to get a local or say, instead of emote here.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    warcanch wrote: »
    I think you are trying to get a local or say, instead of emote here.

In RPing, on some systems, if you put in a command like "/emote shakes his head wearily.", you get an output in the chatbox something like "tripph@tripph shakes his head wearily." thus getting a description of your action.

That's part of what the OP's trying to accomplish.
    _____

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I don't understand WHY they work, when all previous attempts failed, unless it's the fact that I have them bound to separate keys, without any load files associated with the commands, except that didn't work before, so I'm still just as confused.

However, since I have the commands loaded in my character's default load file, all I have to do is remember to hit NUMPAD0 to fly, and NUMPAD1 to land.

You and me both, man, you and me both. It's a computer, and we'll probably never know the exact why behind it.

The one-key/loadfile versions also worked for me, so if you'd still like to be able to just hit "t" both times, try that again. Use the command forms you used above, and add the loadfile command at the end.

Good luck!
    _____

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Regarding the emote - try putting what you want to say in quotes. It may be that the text as you had it, with the spaces in between, was being interpreted as separate arguments for the command.

Heck if I know, but this worked. Putting the emote into quotes (full quotes, not single quotes) worked, when it failed every time I've tried it before. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try binding both commands to the same key, now that I have them working on separate keys, but my new commands look like this, and they WORK:
    numpad0 "SetActiveCostume 1 0$$+PowerTrayExec 14$$em "deploys a set of turbines that's larger than her torso.""
    numpad1 "SetActiveCostume 1 1$$+PowerTrayExec 14$$em "retracts her turbine pack through a port in her back.""
    --

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Hmmph. Didn't think of using the extra quotes.

Congratulations!
    _____

• Options
    pyroknight777pyroknight777 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is brilliant!Im testing these out and I found one "problem" when I use a bind where by pressing Y my character uses his 2nd move then his 3rd and then teleports(my travel power) but it seems that it doesnt do the travel power part,only the moves happen :/ Is there anyway to fix this?

Also when I use a bind that uses 3 powers,the first being a Maintain,the second a charge and third an energy builder,it does it perfectly on the enemy when I first press it which almost always leaves him with a small quantity of health but when I press again it only uses the Charge and the energy builder moves until I target another enemy.Any idea how to fix this?

And finally,I was wondering if you can tell me how to bind my costume change to a key so that when I press that key,I change costumes.

Thanks in advance ^_^
    _________

@pyroknight777 in the game ^_^ Don't worry if you see me stalking you...my characters are kind of "new" to social life...I mean how would you think a fire demon-turned hero would react to a girl if all he sees in hell are half-naked devilish women...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    This is brilliant!Im testing these out and I found one "problem" when I use a bind where by pressing Y my character uses his 2nd move then his 3rd and then teleports(my travel power) but it seems that it doesnt do the travel power part,only the moves happen :/ Is there anyway to fix this?

Unfortunately, no. The way the game works, you can bind TWO powers to a single key, but never a third. See http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=132244 for more details.
    --

• Options
    pyroknight777pyroknight777 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh ok then thanks anyways ^_^
    _________

@pyroknight777 in the game ^_^ Don't worry if you see me stalking you...my characters are kind of "new" to social life...I mean how would you think a fire demon-turned hero would react to a girl if all he sees in hell are half-naked devilish women...
  • Options
    heavnzbeckonzheavnzbeckonz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is there any way to do multiple emotes on a bind after a text ex: ? /bind p "local wassup $$e wave$$e beckon"