test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HeroCreator - A descendant of the PowerHouse

Comments

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Do you mean modernize the tooltips?
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I think they meant the changes to some Munitions powers added on June 6th with High Noon
    Post edited by criswolf09 on
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    Do you mean modernize the tooltips?
    criswolf09 wrote: »
    I think they meant the changes to some Munitions powers added with on June 6th with High Noon

Exactly this ^^
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Oh, ha! I didn't even notice. Okay at some point, yeah. :)
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    I just noticed that sorcery circles have a new 3 point "advantage" called "Advanced Casting" which keeps the circle around for 10 seconds if one moves out of it. Otherwise the circle disappears as soon as you leave it. IOW the new advantage gives us what we had before, but at a cost of 3 points, and so no more R3 unless you are sure you will never leave the circle or don't mind resummoning it.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Yeah those advantages are absolutely terrible. While unintentional, not including them was almost doing people a favor. I'll add them next time I update. :)
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Hey Aesica, one thing I would like to see changed is how the links work when exporting a build. Right now, if you don't put a name to the build then you don't automatically get a link to the build on the export, since its tied to the name. There's a pretty easy work around (just cut and paste the url manually somewhere when posting the export), but many people don't do that atm.

(also, they're fixing the login sorting, yea? It may be time to update your sig :x )
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    edited June 2019
    Oh, ha I can't believe I overlooked that for so long. I'll fix it in a few minutes (it's a simple change)

Edit: Done. Fun fact, that was actually an oversight because every export format except bbcode was using the same format (shows unnamed build if no name is given). I just forgot to update bbcode to do it that way as well.

Also I may have neglected to mention that munitions and heavy weapons got modernized tooltips awhile ago. So yeah.
    Post edited by aesica on
    Cool, and thanks!
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    Still seems to be missing some stuff for Rocket (from patch notes):

Rocket
    Damage and cost increased.
    Cooldown increased to 20 seconds.
    Now requires fully charging the power.
    Target cap increased to 7 (from 5).
    Now knocks down targets.
    Concussive Advantage: Increased knockback distance.
    New Advantage (2): Applies 3 stacks of Furious on you.

The advantage is called Red Hot Fury. As usual, Furious grants Willpower for the small heal.

Submachine Gun Burst
    The Advantages are listed, the the text is missing/messed up.

Thanks for updating the Sorcery circle advantages!
    JwLmWoa.png
    On the Sorcery Circles advs, Circle of Radiant Glory doesn't have it in game.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    You should mention the Squall being unlockable during the Patriot Event.
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    I'm reporting that Burn Bright is missing from the Lightwave Slash's advantage list, in Laser Sword tree. (You owe me a retcon because of that !)
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
    Noticed that there is no description for any of the advantages for SMG in Munitions, same with Bullet Hail. Rocket needs the adv that procs Furious.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Sorry it took awhile, but there was a lot of crap to add this time around. A. Lot.

Anyway, it should be good to go.

Changelog

Known issues:
    • No icons for new powers
    • A few innate talents don't show any stats in the selection menu, even though they show stats normally everywhere else

I'm not going to bother fixing these right now since there's a pretty big change underway.

So yeah, build those might characters, guys!
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    As always your dedication and work appreciated.
    I'm not going to bother fixing these right now since there's a pretty big change underway.
    Is this a change on your part or is another major change happening to Champions? I'm not that big into Discord... too much chatting not enough content that I actually care about.
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Is this a change on your part or is another major change happening to Champions? I'm not that big into Discord... too much chatting not enough content that I actually care about.
    Oh, it's a change on my part. There's "certain aspects" of herocreator that I absolutely hate dealing with (powerhouse-data.js, powerhouse-version.js) that I'm attempting to phase out.
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Oh, it's a change on my part. There's "certain aspects" of herocreator that I absolutely hate dealing with (powerhouse-data.js, powerhouse-version.js) that I'm attempting to phase out.
    Ah, well best of luck... I'd offer to help, but I have no functional skill at coding. I barely remember how to code for dos so I doubt very much I'd be much help in whatever language you are using.

As always your efforts are a gift to those undeserving of your time.
    edited September 2019
    Yea, any changes we can troubleshoot in due time, but thanks for the update, Aesica. Very nice work :+1:
    Unleashed Rage should have Commanding Presence adv.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • aschershadowaschershadow Posts: 39 Arc User
    Power Chord's Advantage "Guitar Solo" only costs 1 point, you currently have it as a 2 point advantage.
    ^ Fixed those things. I think. Press f5 if the changes don't show up
    Oops, almost forgot to add The Wrecker, so he's up now, just without a proper icon for the time being. Also added the Vainglorious advantage to Impressive Physique, because I somehow missed that one too. Oops! :3
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Thank you for updating. I appreciate the work you put into this very useful feature ^_^
    Hi aesica, I found a couple of bugs:
    -Retaliation's Punnitive Pummeling adv says that while using "Guard" from HW, all targets... etc. Minor typo
    -Havoc Stomp's Cry Havoc adv says "Increases damage of this power by 30% when affected by Reckless", it should say "Applies
    Fear on a full charge".
    -Unleashed Rage is missing an adv called "Defeaning Voice" which makes the power deal Sonic Damage instead of Crushing and costs 1 adv point.
    -Creating a build using the "The Wrecker AT" and generating a link to later bookmark it, then closing the browser's tab/window and reopening said bookmark will open a build with the "Midnight AT" instead of the Wrecker. Checked this after purging my browser cache twice.
    -Aggressor is missing its "Destructive Force" adv which gives that power a 25% chance to Stun targets that suffer damage while said power is active. Costs 2 adv points.
    -Resurgence is listing "Evanescent Emergence" on its advs when it has been removed from the game and replace by Unchained.
    -Indestructible is missing the "Unchained" adv. Costs 2 adv points.
    -Call to Battle's description when hovering your cursor over the power's name doesn't mention what Disorient does.
    -Containment Field's adv is no longer called "Grinding Halt" and has been renamed to the generic Nailed to the Ground.
    -Relentless' description doesn't mention "Swallowtail Cut" as a type of Wound.
    -Unstoppable's description doesn't mention that it also grants Hold Resistance.
    That's all I could find so far. Thanks again for your work.
    Just noticed that there are only placeholders under Innate Talents for Samurai, Midnight and Wrecker.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 970 Arc User
    unknown.png
    "That is not what it says ingame, no."​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    Indestructible needs the Unchained adv, pretty please.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Could you add the Tenebrous AT pretty please?
    Fixed all the stuff listed above + added the new stuff. I think. Hopefully.

I hope I didn't break anything. I probably did though. ;)
    Go, Aesica, go!
    JwLmWoa.png
    So I may have left in a placeholder thingy that I didn't actually need to use, and this placeholder thingy may have been sabotaging any builds using earth powers prior to the current data version. This is now fixed, so those builds should load again. Sorry!
    Please add Power Skating to Superspeed tab.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Also, please add Torrent under Wind (12/19 update)
    JwLmWoa.png
    I know there's more stuff incoming but I found two minor things: first Harbinger is listed as an energy form when it is not and second Fear Consumption is listed as scaling with Presence, but actually scales off of Recovery.
    Thanks for the heads up, both of you. I'll add both of those with the batch of new stuff--perception debuff powers, etc
    Besides needing Torrent added, please also add Arrow Assault as a new ultimate.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Under devices. Can you ad vehicles?

They have a stand in device for vehicles. It's under travel powers... "Vehicle Stub"
    Finally got around to updating stuff.
    • Added Torrent, Arrow Assault
    • Added a bunch of newer travel powers I'd been lazy with
    • The backup button now saves the data directly to a file using your browser's download/open functionality
    • The restore button now opens your browser's file selector window. To load data saved by the older method, copy that data into a new text file with nothing else in it, then save. Now, load that file and it should work.
    Vehicles would be a lot more work than I want to deal with, so (as mentioned above) just select the vehicle stub.
  • ragadolfragadolf Posts: 95 Arc User
    Just wanted to drop by and say 'Thank You' for everything that you do with this Herocreator tool.

So,... "Thank You",... :)

Carry on! From one of the many fans, as stated above, "So undeserving of your time and talent" ;P

Game On!

~@Ragadolf
    Thanks :D To be fair though, it's not entirely selfless, as it does help me with my own builds quite a bit.
  • aschershadowaschershadow Posts: 39 Arc User
    Void AT seems to have a rather annoying bug. When you first select it, everything is as it should be. But when you hit the "Link" button, suddenly the Primary Spec tree switches from Presence, to Ego. Hitting the "Clear" button switches it back to Presence, but it goes back to Ego again when you press "Link" again.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    Thanks :D To be fair though, it's not entirely selfless, as it does help me with my own builds quite a bit.

To be fair, there's nothing wrong with you benefiting from your own creation. :)
    Please add Corrosive Pit as an Infernal Ultimate ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    There's new stuff around waiting for an update. Bullet Ballet, Frenzy and Brimstone have new advantages and the batch powers from perception debuff have been added along Tear Down.
    I know, I'm just...less motivated to work on it these days. I'll get around to them eventually.
    I wish I understood how to update your work. I'd volunteer to help out. It's always tough when volunteers who have created something as useful as this start to lose steam and just don't have the enthusiasm to update things so much. Burnout just happens. I hope you can hang in there or find a worthy replacement.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited August 2020
    Yea, the burnout is completely understandable. No need to rush, though. The changes aren't on the level of a full powerset revamp, and we do have ways to edit the exports and/or add Notes for the new changes directly onto the build page, in the meantime. Still very much appreciate the work you've done thus far 8)

2WaSMjd.jpg

• ragadolfragadolf Posts: 95 Arc User
    Agreed! +100%!
    Appreciate ALL the work you do/have done Aesica.
    I can't imagine trying to build new characters ingame without this awesome resource!

Thank you!
    ~Rags~