What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HeroCreator - A descendant of the PowerHouse

Comments

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I was thinking at the actual top of the Hero Creator itself. Something like:

HeroCreator (ver. 2.2.2-23, 06/23/2017)

With the title in its current large and bold font and the version information being smaller and not bold. Just a thought.
    Aah, well even though users can click on "About" to see that stuff, I technically already had a version readout displayed with the title when the debug switch was turned on for my own convenience. No reason I can't clean it up a bit and leave on for everyone else, too.

I also added the version number to forum export data so people looking at it will know which version it was made with.
    criswolf09 wrote: »
    Hi aesica, thanks for updating Herocreator with the new crap stuff, I mean. I found some errors in with the recent update:
    -Ego Form no longer belongs to Telekinesis, now it is a shared Mentalist passive
    -Master of the Mind has been changed to an Active Ultimate which puts on a shared cooldown all Active Offense and Defense powers, grants a large amount of damage resistance, crowd control resistance, knockback and repel resistance, grants a critical hit chance boost of 2% per stack of Ego Leech as well grants stacks of that buffs every 2 seconds.
    -A new power called Dark Lariat was added to Darkness, same as other lariat powers
    Good catches (as usual) :D

Added all that stuff. Not sure how I dropped the ball on Ego Form though since I already had it flagged to work with both Telekinesis and Telepathy. I just forgot to copy it over to Telepathy's list for some reason.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    poststalkerpoststalker Posts: 24 Arc User
    aesica said:

Just like the program it's descended from, HeroCreator is a Javascript-based character planner for Champions Online. Anyone familiar with the PowerHouse (which I imagine is just about most of you) should feel right at home.

HeroCreator

Source via GitHub

HeroCreator Changelog

PLEASE let me know if anything is broken or inaccurate. This thread is an excellent place to do so.

List of known issues/todo list:

- Many powers still have the older, less-informative tooltips
    - Add a "role selector" (hopefully without breaking everything else!)

Special thanks of course goes out to Nullware for creating the PowerHouse.

Edit: Mother of god, Form Extension what have you done!?​​
    Thanks so much for taking this on and sharing this awesome tool!

Are there any plans to have advanced details for powers like the PH?

Or a build library?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Thanks so much for taking this on and sharing this awesome tool!

Are there any plans to have advanced details for powers like the PH?

Or a build library?

Thanks again!
    No problem. :D

Advanced details is something I kind of wanted to do at one point, but I decided against it because it would require a massive amount of data entry and modifying code that wasn't original designed to take actual game stats into account. It doesn't seem worthwhile to do all that since it probably wouldn't be very accurate in the end--not unless I also accounted for gear bonuses, set bonuses, mods, specialization bonuses, etc.

By build library, what do you mean? There's a save feature under the "Data" tab that lets you save builds you've been working on, if that's what you mean.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    poststalkerpoststalker Posts: 24 Arc User
    I was thinking the same thing about advanced descriptions, this is a good tool for brainstorming a build and can always just check the in the PH for stat scaling and such.
    aesica said:

By build library, what do you mean? There's a save feature under the "Data" tab that lets you save builds you've been working on, if that's what you mean.​​

I was thinking maybe if folks wanted to submit a build, it could be vetted (might be able to get help from the community there) and posted somewhere on the HeroCreator site for others to look at/use.
  • Options
    ^ That's an interesting idea, one I rather like. I'll have to give some thought about what the best way to implement that would be. Probably best if it's a separate page rather than being yet another tab on herocreator.htm​​
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Just a heads up to everyone that the current update is going to take a bit longer than normal. I was working on a few things to make the data a little easier to enter and less prone to randomly crapping itself over apostrophes not having the correct number of escaping backslashes (among other things). I thought I had another week before the Electric revamp went live, but here we are, so "oops." Anyhow, things aren't quite at the point they need to be for me to properly add or update power data just yet, but I should at least be able to put up some sort of beta so people can fix or rework their characters.

So yeah, just wanted to let everyone know. If things go well, I'll have the beta up by mid/late saturday. It shouldn't take any longer than monday though.​​
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    aesica said:

So yeah, just wanted to let everyone know. If things go well, I'll have the beta up by mid/late saturday. It shouldn't take any longer than monday though.​​

Take as long as you need. We can always edit the exported text to reflect any new changes until then.

Also, just as a quick correction: Chest Laser in PA is listed as a 50ft attack in the HC, when its actually 100ft.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I've got a rough beta version up for those who need something to get their characters planned out. You can find it here.

What works:
    - You can check out the latest changes to the Tempest AT. Yaay!
    - Let you play plan out your character with the latest power changes.
    - The electric set has fancy tooltips with additional useful bits of information, such as activation times/methods, range/targeting, etc
    - You can now save any build with an ability using an apostrophe in its name. Die, eval. Die!

What's borked:
    - Lots of icons are missing, mainly for multi-framework powers. This has to do with a change in how icon names are looked up and isn't too hard to fix, just annoying.
    - Non-electric tooltips look like **** and some are missing bits of description. The electric tooltips are dynamically generated based on various parameters whereas the old tooltips are all basically written as static text. The new constructor will try its hardest to parse them, but will no doubt get a few wrong.
    - You can't import older builds (especially those with electric powers) without running the risk of a few powers getting shuffled around. This will be fixed by monday. I hope! Edit: Just kidding, updated the version handler because not having that functionality sucks. :)
    - There's a fair amount of ugly backslashes floating around tooltips, like Reaper\'s Caress. These are the mangled corpses of my enemies, slain and eviscerated during the great war against eval. Once I'm sure the last of them is dead, I'll sweep them away with a quick search/replace.

For any builds not using anything from the electric set, I highly recommend sticking to the more stable release version.

Edit: Oh yeah another thing:

Things to report:
    - Typos/mistakes in the electric set
    - Missing powers in any set
    - Missing/incorrect advantages for any powers in any set
    - Incorrect tier levels for any set (this is dynamically calculated now, so it shouldn't be wrong unless the power is literally in the wrong tier)
    - Anything else that vomits errors or acts outright broken

Things to ignore:
    - Powers shared across multiple frameworks (like Concentration) may show, for example, "Power Armor" or "Gadgeteering" when it should show "Technology." This is fine, they'll still function as normal.
    - Literally everything listed under "what's borked"​​
    Post edited by aesica on
  • Options
    yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Electrical Power Set; Sparkstorm; Electric Personality advantage cost in game is now 3 rather than 2.

Edit: Nevermind. You have that detail in the beta.
    Post edited by yvonned on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Latest beta is up. Any feedback is appreciated! :D

Good:

- More icons should be showing up.
    - Barring MA, all multi-framework powers should now correctly show either their framework name for non-shared powers (Electrical Current, Fireball, etc) or their powergroup name for powergroup-wide powers (Compassion, Unstoppable, etc). The exceptions are the few powers shared by both the Dogman and Infernal sets, but I'm not really concerned since that's such a narrow edge case. They still function how they're supposed to and that's good enough.
    - Brought back the range info in the legacy data tooltips. Oops! Cleaned them up a bit, too.

Borked:
    - Something happened to travel powers and they can't currently be set. I know the cause (fucking eval) but I'm done for tonight.
    - Still missing are icons for the new electrical stuff, a huge chunk of MA, and a few others here and there.
    - Still odd backslashes (Example: The dog\'s butthole left a stain on Bob\'s sofa)​​
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Can I make a down-the-line, when-you-have-time suggestion? The travel powers are not arranged in any logical fashion. Locating the TP I want always takes longer than anything else. Could they be arranged more like those in the regular power selection menu? I.e. group all flight powers together, all running together, all teleport together, and so on. Maybe with a bar/line separating each group. I've no idea how long this would take, but it would be a nice QoL change.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Real quicklike:
    - Electricity now has its icons. So does Lance Rain and Dank Tether. Only MA frameworks remain a mess.
    - Travel powers are fine again.
    - Tomorrow, I'll deal with the MA icons, then it should be good to go. ^^

Everything else at this point should be stable. If anything fails to work, please say so here or message me in private.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Can I make a down-the-line, when-you-have-time suggestion? The travel powers are not arranged in any logical fashion. Locating the TP I want always takes longer than anything else. Could they be arranged more like those in the regular power selection menu? I.e. group all flight powers together, all running together, all teleport together, and so on. Maybe with a bar/line separating each group. I've no idea how long this would take, but it would be a nice QoL change.
    This is actually the next major thing I want to do. The current listing method for travel powers is a massive dumpster fire with no proper sorting or anything. Since they keep adding new travel powers, it's only going to get worse over time unless I deal with it soon.​​
  • Options
    i found a small text bug with Imbue; it has 2 Rank 2 advs instead of a Rank 2 & Rank 3​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    I also have some suggestions:
    1. Gigabolt lists having a 5ft cylinder while in game is a 10ft cylinder
    2. Ball Lightning doesn't mention that its damage scales with Critical Hit and Severity like some recetnly updated DoTs
    3. Electric form doesn't mention that grants a small stacking heal when attacking a foe affected with Negative Ions. If I remember well this is called Electrical Mending
    4. You have a small typo in the description of Death's Embrace.
    5. Electric Sheath is missing its description and please don't forget to add that it removes the Electric Surge debuff from fully charging Gigabolt
    6. The Microfilament Wire advantage on Breakaway Shot states that secondary targets are always knocked down along the main target if you use it
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    i found a small text bug with Imbue; it has 2 Rank 2 advs instead of a Rank 2 & Rank 3
    Copy paste strikes again. :D The second "Rank 2" is really "Rank 3" and will function as such. It's entirely a labeling error and it'll show on almost all of the powers until I push the next update. Until then, it can be safely ignored.
    I also have some suggestions:
    1. Gigabolt lists having a 5ft cylinder while in game is a 10ft cylinder
    2. Ball Lightning doesn't mention that its damage scales with Critical Hit and Severity like some recetnly updated DoTs
    3. Electric form doesn't mention that grants a small stacking heal when attacking a foe affected with Negative Ions. If I remember well this is called Electrical Mending
    4. You have a small typo in the description of Death's Embrace.
    5. Electric Sheath is missing its description and please don't forget to add that it removes the Electric Surge debuff from fully charging Gigabolt
    6. The Microfilament Wire advantage on Breakaway Shot states that secondary targets are always knocked down along the main target if you use it
    With the exception of Electric Sheath, which I already stumbled across and fixed while adding base costs and cooldowns, I'll address these tomorrow. Thanks for catching them. :D​​
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    All right guise, sorry for the week-long delay, but everything should be good to go. The live version is up to date and "hopefully" bug-free. Report any problems pl0x! :)
    aesica wrote: »
    v2.3.1.25
    9/7/2017 - Aesica
    - Added the new and updated existing Electricity powers to reflect the latest changes to the Electricity framework
    - Updated the Impulse AT's progression path
    - Fixed some minor bugs and typo nonsense
    - Updated several of the classes used to parse power data with a new framework that allows for more detailed parameters (range, cooldown, cast times, etc) as well as dynamically-generated tooltips (the old ones were static and had a lot of redundant things in them). What this means is that you'll start to see more informative tooltips for powers using this new data system. Powers not yet updated will show [Legacy data] in their tooltips, but should otherwise function fine. Over time, more will be updated until everything is peachy. Hopefully.

Edit: HA! As I say that, I notice something decided to break. Stand by!

Edit2: Disregard that. If it shows up as a mostly-empty page, just hit refresh.​​
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    uhm, there is a bug that doesn't allow me to check an adv on rising knee​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    they all check fine for me...you sure you had adv points to spare?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    It doesn't seem to allow one to check Flowing Strikes.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    Oops. I thought I had enough eval garbage cleaned up that I'd be able to use "target's" instead of "target\\\'s" in advantage titles and descriptions, but I guess not. A few others had that problem too (Butcher's Blades, for example) but should be patched up for now.

On a much-related note, does anyone actually use the "Show confirmation dialog for selections" option under "Settings?"​​
  • Options
    hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    I've recently noticed that I have issues seeing the Hero Creator depending on what computer/device I try to look at it on.

If I use my tablet or home computer it works fine, but if I try to use my brothers computer or my laptop I just get a grey screen. Does anybody know what could be causing this?

I've no idea how long this has been a problem for. Up until a couple of days ago I've only ever used my tablet.
  • Options
    hemslord wrote: »
    I've recently noticed that I have issues seeing the Hero Creator depending on what computer/device I try to look at it on.

If I use my tablet or home computer it works fine, but if I try to use my brothers computer or my laptop I just get a grey screen. Does anybody know what could be causing this?

I've no idea how long this has been a problem for. Up until a couple of days ago I've only ever used my tablet.
    Are either of those computers using script blockers, such as noscript? If not, what browser are they using?​​
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    that bug that nacito mentioned above about one of the advantages on Rising Knee not sticking when checked? Where's the Kaboom? on Explosive Arrow has the same problem

also, i think i found one of those evul \ you were talking about before in Will-O'-The-Wisp under Infernal Supernatural, but it only shows up in the preview window under the data tab as seen in the reference image below - it isn't there in the actual power name or description under the Edit tab

Evul_Slash.jpg​​
    Post edited by legendarylycan#5411 on
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Oops, guess I missed explosive arrow's advantage. I'll fix it on the next update.

As for the backslash in will-o'-the-wisp, it isn't actually a bug, but a fix. Until I root out all of the functions attempting to execute strings as code during runtime (eval) odd backslashes are going to appear sometimes in names. That's just to make sure things keep working properly, so disregard it.

Edit: To give an idea of how eval and single/double quotes can quickly turn into a mess, go to the herocreator beta site (aesica.net/co/beta) and click on the "Debug" tab. In the big textbox, type:
    alert("hello world")

Then click the eval button under code/tinkering functions. That's eval--code being evaluated at runtime. Right, now, when you start to nest eval'd functions, things get messier:
    eval("alert(\"hello world\")")

or
    eval("alert('hello world')")

Okay, and when you keep going:
    eval("eval('alert(\\\'hello world\\\')')");

So yeah, it gets messy pretty quickly :)​​
  • Options
    hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    aesica said:

hemslord wrote: »

Are either of those computers using script blockers, such as noscript? If not, what browser are they using?​​

Just went to have a look and they suddenly appear to be working now, typical! Thanks for the quick response though!
  • Options
    yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I'm not sure anyone else has pointed this out, but I found two advantages on two powers that the program will not allow the user to select.

1: Travel Powers > Swinging > Flippin'
    2: Powers > [Martial Arts] > Thunderbolt Lunge > Essence Assault

Even if I go straight to those powers, nothing else selected, No advantage points spent, I cannot select either advantage.

I have noticed that you can click on the check box for both advantages, which will add a check mark, but the system acts as if nothing has changed.

Edit:

I've just gone through the other travel powers like basic Swinging, all the other Swinging Powers have the same problem.
  • Options
    gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    I noticed some things now working through the builder here!

Thermal Reverbation apparently is wanting advantage points even though it's an energy unlock.
    Form of the Tiger is missing from the Claws Powerset.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up. Fixed those things and added Moonstruck. I'll add the Moonstruck icon whenever the next big power update happens.​​
  • Options
    I would've done this earlier, but I was forced to "visit" and "socialize" with family members over Thanksgiving. Anyway, updated to 2.3.2-27 which reflects the fire changes--powers, ATs, etc. Go fix your fire characters if you haven't already!​​
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Hello again aesica, thanks for updating again. I found a couple of little things that are nothing but:
    -I suggest adding a note or clarification that the Unstable Accelerant applied by Fireball is different that the one applied by Incinerate which is a boosted one.
    -I also found that when you have the boosted version of the Fiery Scalation buff from adding the Kindling adv to Fire Strike, there should be a note in Immolation's description that says that when the Active Offense is active the buff isn't consumed.
    -I suggest adding to the description of the Pyre Patch created by Brimstone's Aftershock advantage the chance to apply Clinging Flames.
    -I suggest a modification to the description of Fiery Form that the buff granted from Fiery Light can stack up to 10 times. This is the one you get when you are near enemies affected by Clinging Flames.

Well this is all I got so far.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Am I crazy or all the icons of herocreator changed up to non related powers ?

• Options
    Important note to Firefox Quantum users: It's probably too late, but I'm going to mention this anyway: If you're losing your saved data, it's because the new Firefox changed which settings clear local storage when Firefox is closed, assuming you have it set to clear browsing data on exit. If you do, make sure to leave "Offline Website Data" unchecked. As always, make sure to back up your builds. Now, to start taking my own advice... ;)
    blockwave wrote: »
    Am I crazy or all the icons of herocreator changed up to non related powers ?
    You're crazy. Actually, you probably just need to F5-refresh so that it uses the current spritesheet instead of the previous one.
    Hello again aesica, thanks for updating again. I found a couple of little things that are nothing but:
    -I suggest adding a note or clarification that the Unstable Accelerant applied by Fireball is different that the one applied by Incinerate which is a boosted one.
    -I also found that when you have the boosted version of the Fiery Scalation buff from adding the Kindling adv to Fire Strike, there should be a note in Immolation's description that says that when the Active Offense is active the buff isn't consumed.
    -I suggest adding to the description of the Pyre Patch created by Brimstone's Aftershock advantage the chance to apply Clinging Flames.
    -I suggest a modification to the description of Fiery Form that the buff granted from Fiery Light can stack up to 10 times. This is the one you get when you are near enemies affected by Clinging Flames.

Well this is all I got so far.
    All of those should appear in a future update, except for the fiery escalation advantage/immolation. Given how this is a single advantage on a single power, and how the advantage states that it doesn't disappear with immolation active, I'm unsure if I want immolation to reference it specifically. If Fiery Escalation becomes more widespread (there's that weird healing power that never made it out of PTS) then maybe.​​
  • Options

• Options
    ^ Which browser are you using? And have you tried refreshing the page? That's the kind of thing that could happen if an old copy of the spritesheet is cached, but it's using the current sprite atlas.​​
  • Options
    Opera, yes I tried, multiples, used CCleaner to clear the cookies and ****.

• Options
    i don't think cookies are the same thing as the cache...you need to clear the cache out​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Before you try to clear your cache, make sure you back up any saved builds. This is in case Opera also ends up deleting local storage. Anyway, one thing that may work is if you right click on any of the icons, then try to view the image (however you do that in Opera) and it should show the whole spritesheet. Press F5 to refresh that and see if it changes. If so, that might fix the problem, but again, I'm just guessing because I know nothing about that browser.​​
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    For the cases where links are being shared around in-game, as opposed to being posted on the forums, it'd be great to have a section where we can include a brief note about the rotation of a given build.
  • Options
    kamokami wrote: »
    For the cases where links are being shared around in-game, as opposed to being posted on the forums, it'd be great to have a section where we can include a brief note about the rotation of a given build.
    I've thought about this already, but decided against it awhile ago. Since nothing is saved server side and since I have no plans to ever change this, the description would have to be transmitted via the already-long url. Since there is no native zip/deflate/etc in javascript, it would be a huge, ugly mess.​​
  • Options
    jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    I found that in the planner Overdrive is state as Recovery, but in the game Overdrive state it as Endurance.

Is the game wrong or the planner have a mistake?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    It's endurance mainly, but recovery to a lesser degree. I probably forgot to update the description, so thanks for the heads up. :)

Edit: To clarify, the overdrive correction will show up next time I post an update. As a bonus, all other EUs have been updated to use the modernized data system as well.​​
    Post edited by aesica on
  • Options
    So yeah, added the newest stuff. Hope nothing explodes!​​
  • Options
    ^ Turns out something did explode around the time moonstruck was added and the entire doge tree broke. This has since been fixed and any builds using powers from that framework should work fine. If not, refresh the page to ensure the most recent data is being used.​​
  • Options
    both my bestial supernatural characters were fine, even before the update...maybe i managed to dodge whatever the problem was​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    both my bestial supernatural characters were fine, even before the update...maybe i managed to dodge whatever the problem was
    If they were created after data version 26 (when moonstruck was added) they were fine. Anything before that was being shifted up one power if infernal OR up one power if it was the 22nd power or higher in its given framework. Amazing what an accidental OR instead of an AND can do. ;)

The fix I applied should be retroactive, so any builds it broke are fine now.​​
  • Options
    oh that - yeah, that happened, but i fixed it myself by changing the version number in the weblink to the latest at the time and it auto-corrected​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Just noticed that for Incendiary Grenade I can't select Scorched Ground as an option. I can put a check mark in the box, but it does not stick.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    I actually stumbled across that one too a few nights ago. It's more eval bullshit and the next version should solve all of that nonsense once and for all.​​
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    I keep getting
    HeroCreator
    Something went horribly wrong