test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HeroCreator - A descendant of the PowerHouse

Comments

• yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    I play CO on my laptop because the only internet access I have is via WiFi on my phone, but I use HeroCreator on my desktop even though it's offline. I would love to get the new updates and saving the HC as a website directly doesn't seem to do the job. So, curious, when will the source on GitHub be updated?
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    I was starting to wonder if anyone actually used the offline version. Ever since I had to reinstall windows on this computer, I've been too lazy to get github set up so...I've been slacking. Next time I update the web version (likely a few days after the upcoming Single Blade revamp goes live) I'll try to have the github desktop app properly set up again.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    aesica wrote: »
    I was starting to wonder if anyone actually used the offline version. Ever since I had to reinstall windows on this computer, I've been too lazy to get github set up so...I've been slacking. Next time I update the web version (likely a few days after the upcoming Single Blade revamp goes live) I'll try to have the github desktop app properly set up again.​​

Thank you!

And... what single blade revamp???
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    More or less before Save the Earth alert was announced and added, the devs confirmed that Single Blade was going to be updated next. This still hasn't happened sadly and they also said it would be a small review given the set has all that is desired by Kaiserin and co.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    The single blade revamp has been postponed so much I bet they will just revamp it along dual blades at this point
    Which I'm ok with​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Pretty sure the revamp has been put off until the whole subscription change poopstorm is properly resolved.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    Pretty sure the revamp has been put off until the whole subscription change poopstorm is properly resolved.
    Along with the Still standing celebration along with the new Nemesis Alert as well

WHAT A MESS
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Internet says Hero Creator can not be reached. Tried Chrome and Firefox. Same result.

And now it is back. Strange.
    Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Internet says Hero Creator can not be reached. Tried Chrome and Firefox. Same result.

And now it is back. Strange.
    Probably just some weird server fart. There was some nonsense going on with a few sites yesterday.
    All right guise/gals/etcs, the latest build with the single blade/etc stuff is up. Note that I'm still in the middle of doing a lot of stuff, so it's in a somewhat transitional phase. In other words, expect (and report) bugs. Here's the changelog dookie pile:
    **v3.01.30** - 7/18/2018 - Aesica
     - YUUUUGE update!  Please read this even if you normally don't bother.  Thanks! :D
     - Added new Unarmed powers (from a previous patch)
     - Added new Single Blade powers
     - Added a few extra straggler powers (Catastrophic Onslaught, Last Stand)
     - Updated various powers and advantages changed by both the Unarmed and Single Blade revamps
     - Added The Samurai archetype
     - Added a travel power type selection system, similar to that used by standard powers.  You no longer have to hunt through a giant blob of random flight powers to find that one superspeed variant you may want.
     - Added a role selector, including an 'any/multiple' for multi-role characters
     - Fixed a bunch of broken power (and Sorcery) icons, excluding Whirling Dragon Strike and Devastating Strike for now.
     - Updated Darkness to display the newer, more detailed tooltips (it was already halfway there anyway)
     - Added a system for selecting devices, although there's still lots of devices that aren't yet added.  These will be added over time
     - Fixed some annoyances with how the forum export system was rendering data (showing "(advantages)" when no advantages were selected)
     - When selecting become devices, you can preview the powers and stat changes they give you (onslaught grond and medusa are still showing placeholders because they're not yet complete)
     - When a Mastery has been set, you can now view its tooltip on the main editor page instead of having to click on it.
     - Updated the export options to reflect the forums changing from fake html to bbcode.  If your settings were currently set to use forum html, it should automatically switch to bbcode.  The old forum html option is still there if people want to use it for some reason, but it's no longer being supported or improved.
     - Replaced the version/date readout on the main page with a status display for preload/load/build parse operations.  More useful than the "something went horribly wrong" message that was used to display load problems before.  The version/date can still be viewed under the 'About' section like always.
     - Removed improper advantages from Thundering Reeturn.  Copy/paste strikes again!
     - Fixed a bug where The Void would switch to Endurance specialization, despite having Ego as a primary superstat.
     - Under the hood, everything besides powers, advantages, travelpowers, and travelpoweradvantages are stored in a more compact and efficient JSON format.  Powers/etc will be transitioned
     - Added a (very basic) logo image--Yaay! :3  (I'll make a better one later)
     - Fixed a bunch of stupid typos, but there's probably still a bunch more.
     - Misc behind-the-scene changes no one cares about.

• hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    Is anybody else having an issue when trying to link a build? Clicking "Link" generates a new URL but also resets the build.
    edited July 2018
    Someone on discord had that problem. It has to do with older files (css and javascript) files being used due to browser caching instead of the new, updated ones. Try refreshing with F5 or clear your cache and it should resolve it.

It should look like this if all the current files are loading correctly:

unknown.png

Note the gradient on the menu bar, green "ready" text below the logo, and the spacing between the logo and the menu bar. If it's using cached files, the menu bar will have no gradient, there won't be any text below the logo, and the logo will have an excessive amount of space between it and the menu bar
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    Clearing the cache worked perfectly, thank you :)
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    Ohh fancy new header and quick work on the single blade update! Thank you for all of the work you put into this for us Aesica!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    edited July 2018
    *Whistle* Looks really good, those features are going to be great​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Ooh! You reworked the travel powers. Nice. A suggestion might be to list the basic version first (e.g. Flight would come first in the list of flying powers), then organize the others in that category alphabetically.

Devices! Sneaky! :)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Ha, I just realized I left the "Become Hotdog Vendor" device in the list. I should note that it doesn't really exist and was just used for testing the stat and power listing aspects of become devices. Oops!
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Nice revamp. Initial load seemed slow but that might just be my internet--actual use is smooth. As far as errors, Jet Pack is actually free. I think there's a few other travel unlock discrepancies but I'll try to look over them some other time. Also, Premium pack probably skews that too.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    Oops, I'll update jet pack soon. As for the premium pack, I haven't factored it into anything yet
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    And do not forget the Teleport Devices.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Devices, nice.

Any chance for an attack rotation section? Can just be 4 powers...like the devices...use this 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, then repeat.
    edited July 2018
    You're determined for that feature in some form or another, I gotta hand it to you. :)

That said, I've been giving it some thought and maaaaybe the originally-proposed tweet-length (140, maybe 280 characters) text box would work better, since it'd allow for more specific instructions.

Edit: That said, it will more than double the url length when used (even with only 140 characters)
    You're determined for that feature in some form or another, I gotta hand it to you. :)
    Haha well it keeps coming up or I'd let it go.

At least on my end, the longer url would be fine since I've already been using a chrome extension to easily get a short url to post.
    Well good news!

unknown.png

It might be showing up soon, after I deal with a few other fixes.
    Well good news!

unknown.png

It might be showing up soon, after I deal with a few other fixes.
    Woot! I'm seriously really excited about this.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Aaand 3.10 is up

Changes
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Add a box where we can embed a video o3o​​
    Technically, you can since I didn't bother trying to sanitize html. You'll just have to trim things out of the embed code so that it fits the 140 character limit.
    On second thought, html is being sanitized after all in order to prevent abuse.
    edited July 2018
    Aaand 3.10 is up
    Changes
    Ah err, this is a bit in the "first-world problem" category, but can the Additional Notes bit be included in the export?
    Actually, it's a bit of an oversight. Should work now.
    On second thought, html is being sanitized after all in order to prevent abuse.

Add a box where we can embed a video o3o​​
    edited August 2018
    It looks like the advantage "Radiant Renewal" of the power Divine Renewal costs 3 points rather than 2.

Edit:
    "Entropic Collapse" advantage of the power Force Snap costs 1 point rather than 2.
    Post edited by yvonned on
    > @spinnytop said:
    > aesica wrote: »
    >
    > On second thought, html is being sanitized after all in order to prevent abuse.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Add a box where we can embed a video o3o​​

Could use the notes box for a link to the video
    edited August 2018
    So yeah, just thought I'd mention the small update I posted last night: Sorcery is now using the modern tooltips, some advantage point inconsistencies have been fixed, and some other minor things have been addressed.

As for video embedding, I just don't see that being widely used to the point it should be included.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    mind blink is still missing an icon

Edit: actually, for that matter, a LOT of travel powers are missing icons - including ones i distinctly recall having them in earlier versions​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Many travel powers are probably going to be missing icons for awhile.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Hey aesica, just a little thingy missing. In the Deflect power from Single Blade, that block is missing its "The Elusive Swordsman" advantage which costs 3 adv. points.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    edited September 2018
    Hey! Listen!

No seriously, this is important if you use the build save system.

Sometime within the next few weeks, I plan on setting my site to use https 100% of the time. Currently, your saved builds are different when accessed via http than via https, so if you save some on http, you can't access them via https or vise versa. With http no longer being accessible, any builds saved this way will be lost.

So in short, back up your saves. If you connect via http, you risk losing them if you don't.

Edit: To give people time to back up their stuff, I'll wait until September 24, 2018 to make this change.
    Post edited by aesica on
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    Thank you, Aesica, for continuing to work on this.
    ^ No problem. :)

Also a quick mini-update for mobile users, I added a meta tag that should allow it to display better (as in, no longer microscopic) on mobile devices. Roughly. If you're a mobile user, let me know how it works and if it's useful enough. The CO hub portion also got a facelift and makeover.
    edited October 2018
    Hi! Small thingy for blood moon stuff:
    • Added blood moon becomes and undead hero devices
    • Fixed a bug where some becomes had the wrong powers
    • Added durations, cooldowns, charge times, etc for device powers. They were always coded, just not shown in the tooltip. And now they are!
    • Updated vampire become to reflect its demotion from a gold item with no binding rules to a purple item that binds to character on pickup. rip~
    • All devices now display binding type.
    • Added a section for quest devices. Now people can preview the hunter, doge, and onslaught devices before using them. Note that, grond and medusa's skillset is unfinished.

SUUUUPER tired, so I probably broke something horribly. Sorry in advance!
    Post edited by aesica on
  • zombiehunter1968zombiehunter1968 Posts: 94 Arc User
    Clicking the backup button, but nothing is happening. Not sure how it works, even! Any help would be appreciated.
    edited November 2018
    Odd. You should be seeing a popup that looks something like this:

JemKKwa.png

Tested just now in firefox, chrome, and edge(lord). Are you using one of those, or something else?

- - -

PS: Tiny update - Added Banishment device and updated Grond/Medusa's become devices to display the proper powers instead of the placeholders they were using.
    Added a few minor fixes, mainly to energy unlocks listed under stats, and a few minor device things. I also added an announcement banner at the top for times when it may be needed. At the moment, it links to a friend's gofundme--he basically lost everything he couldn't grab during a fire evacuation in Paradise, CA. Any help, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Sorry to hear about what happened to your friend. Sent a few funds his way.

(Also, for Killer Instinct, it has minor End scaling too.)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    Flow, even though it's already obvious given how much you help people out with builds here, I have to say it anyway. You are a good person. Thank you. :)

As for KI, and actually energy unlocks/forms in general, I think I'm going to just have those superstat tooltips build themselves programmatically in the next build. (as in, tag an EU/form as major or minor scaling with given stats in its entry, have it show up automatically on the appropriate stats) Otherwise, I'm going to keep missing stuff I think.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Its no problem at all 8) and sounds good about the program update (though not all EUs have that major/minor thing, mainly due to Supernatural Power wanting to be rebellious).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    Burninator on Incinerate doesn't use up an Advantage point.​​
    Yeah, Ionic is another outlier (2 major sources
    Burninator on Incinerate doesn't use up an Advantage point.​​
    Yes it does (1 point ingame and on herocreator) but note that the point total display isn't updated until you close the advantage selection window.

...However! Playing around with it a bit, it seems that the points total doesn't update when you click the X. Easy fix though, it'll work properly in the next update.
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, Ionic is another outlier (2 major sources
    Burninator on Incinerate doesn't use up an Advantage point.
    Yes it does (1 point ingame and on herocreator) but note that the point total display isn't updated until you close the advantage selection window.

...However! Playing around with it a bit, it seems that the points total doesn't update when you click the X. Easy fix though, it'll work properly in the next update.

Whatever you say, all I know is I ended up at 35/36 when it should have been 36/36, no X involved.

EDIT: Found it, the cost of Fan the Flames on Flashfire. It appears to be set to 3 when it should be 2.​​