test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HeroCreator - A descendant of the PowerHouse

Comments

• stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I can't duplicate it now either. *shrugs* I have no idea.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Could use those new Travel Powers like Sorching, Arcane Flight, that Ice running one (can't remember the name). Are there others?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Some minor things I found around the Munitions set:
    -Holdout Shot now has access to Nailed to the Ground adv​​
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    A little detail i noticed a while ago

Resurgence's Evanescent Emergence ADV
    is outdated, the description still mentions it gives Enraged stacks instead of Furious as well as mentioning the 50% HP criteria

Keep up the good Job :+1:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • smoke grenade is a direct carbon copy of smoke bomb, down to having the same advantage instead of the one it's supposed to have (Escape Artist, or something like that)​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Fixed all of the recently mentioned things. Holdout Shot was apparently missing accelerated metabolism too.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Could use those new Travel Powers like Sorching, Arcane Flight, that Ice running one (can't remember the name). Are there others?
    I intentionally haven't been adding new travel powers because the window's so damned big and messy already. At some point, I want to set up something similar to the framework selection window, so that you click a thing for all flight powers, all superspeed powers, etc to make finding the desired power easier. Until then, I'm leaving them out​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    aesica said:

I intentionally haven't been adding new travel powers because the window's so damned big and messy already. At some point, I want to set up something similar to the framework selection window, so that you click a thing for all flight powers, all superspeed powers, etc to make finding the desired power easier. Until then, I'm leaving them out​​

Since its only effect is cosmetic, you could just just list the basic powers and have the tooltip note variants; being able to remember which variant you were going to use is nice, but won't invalidate the build.
    Yeah I thought about that, but for the sake of being complete (and helping people emphasize their themes, find where their desired variant is, etc) I want to include them all eventually. Besides, there's some bizarre outliers, such as cape glide, ice slide, etc. Breaking them up into categories should help a lot.

Speaking of, does anyone know what energy slide actually does? It's listed under athletics/acrobatics, but it has pretty lousy numbers. What is it exactly?​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    aesica said:

Speaking of, does anyone know what energy slide actually does? It's listed under athletics/acrobatics, but it has pretty lousy numbers. What is it exactly?​​

I asked that, and got a response that, well, it fits there better than anywhere else. It seems to be acrobatics with a higher speed boost (though listed differently, it's a flat speed instead of a speed boost) and lower jump boost.
    Aah thanks. I'm tempted to include an "outliers/variants" category where I can stick crap like ice slide, energy slide, cape glide, jet boots/pack, etc that behave in a slightly different manner than others of their category. Hmm, I'll have to think on this.​​
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    My opinion would be to list it how CO lists it for ease of reference when comparing the build I design in HeroCreator with my selection screens on CO.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2017
    Whelp, I tried adding new travel powers, as well as adding values for travel powers and other things so they can provide better tooltips, be sorted by type, show means of acquisition, etc. Everything worked great except for the actual addition of new travel powers.

Turns out the travel power list size was hovering right at the limit set for the travel power portion of the url encoding (0-61 encoded to [A-Za-z0-9]) so when I added travel power 62...splat. It also turns out that adding the 1 additional digit (per power) required to boost the limit from 61 to 3721 (more than enough!) is a lot trickier than one might think. Yaay.

At this point, I'm not making any promises since I don't know if it's even worth the bother. We'll see though!

Edit: Oh and fun fact, exactly 8 ATs from now--assuming each one brings with it a new Innate Talent--the same problem will happen with Innate Talents. Guess I'd better solve it. :(​​
    Post edited by aesica on
  • well, you have plenty of time to solve the latter, since they only introduce a new AT every 3-5 months​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    aesica said:

Whelp, I tried adding new travel powers, as well as adding values for travel powers and other things so they can provide better tooltips, be sorted by type, show means of acquisition, etc. Everything worked great except for the actual addition of new travel powers.

Turns out the travel power list size was hovering right at the limit set for the travel power portion of the url encoding (0-61 encoded to [A-Za-z0-9]) so when I added travel power 62...splat. It also turns out that adding the 1 additional digit (per power) required to boost the limit from 61 to 3721 (more than enough!) is a lot trickier than one might think. Yaay.

At this point, I'm not making any promises since I don't know if it's even worth the bother. We'll see though!

Edit: Oh and fun fact, exactly 8 ATs from now--assuming each one brings with it a new Innate Talent--the same problem will happen with Innate Talents. Guess I'd better solve it. :(​​

It's probably a good idea to paint with broad strokes across the board now that CO is bombarding us with new toys to play with. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I'd be okay with having to redo all my builds knowing that it's because the Hero Creator is getting updated. Better to have a functioning Hero Creator than not =D
    Well, that was...horrific. But I think everything is working now

http://aesica.net/co/beta

The url is now 3 characters longer (as if it really needed to be longer) and allows for 3721 different travel powers and 3721 different innate talents instead of only 61. I may do this for archetypes as well (currently there's only 36/61, as opposed to 53/61 innate talents) so the need is less pressing. Finally, god/satan/xenu/ramtha/allah/krishna/buddha/dr destroyer/whatever help us if they ever decide to add more than 12 advantages to powers.

If possible, I'd like people to try their live builds (data version 19 or lower) on the beta version to make sure nothing breaks. So far it seems fine, but you never know. It's important because, unlike adding new powers, which only breaks a few powers in the build, changing the data size will actually crash the app (things become unresponsive until you refresh the page)

As before, you can test your live builds by copying everything to the right of "herocreator.htm" (basically, the red stuff) and pasting it onto the end of the beta url

http://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=19&n=&d=10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000100000000​​
  • i really don't see that happening...even in the most saturated power, advantages only number 5-6​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Some (shuriken throw, shadow eruption for example) go as high as 9. That's only a few away.​​
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Tested out the beta with both copying in the info to the URL line and also by loading saved builds from the Data section. It worked well in both cases.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Updated to 2.1.0-20

New travel powers added, among other things. See changelog for details.

Oh and the github version is mostly synced with the web version. If only I could figure out how to delete that useless folder of image icons...​​
    edited March 2017
    Hello aesica, the power Submachinegun Burst and Bullet Hail hae been given an new common advantage called Wall of Bullets which givens a temporal force field while those power are mantained and this advantage costs 3 points. Also there has been a small change in their Extra Bullets advantage which will now make these powers deal 15% more damage against targets affected by Fear. Also the Inventor will become a reward in the upcoming Foxbat Con Event of April.​​
    Post edited by criswolf09 on
    Did you just April Fooled the Herocreator? onion-2.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Hmm, I was wondering why it has a ghastly green today.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    avianos wrote: »
    Did you just April Fooled the Herocreator? onion-2.gif
    Nonsense. I optimized it for viewing on older systems.​​
    My 8086 had an amber on black display.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Suggestions:
    1. text box to include additional notes....rotations, gearing, total stats, etc.

2. short urls that include the name of the build. Can be done by using google's free url shortener api:
    https://developers.google.com/url-shortener/v1/getting_started (limited to 1 million requests per day)
    - there's jQuery plugin already written to do this: http://hayageek.com/jquery-url-shortener/
    Post edited by kamokami on
    edited April 2017
    ^ I actually considered both of those things at one point, but decided against them for several reasons:

Textbox for notes: While that would work decently with the new save system, the big problem is that in order to share it with others, the data would need to be transmitted via query string along with everything else, and it's already long enough. While I suppose it could use id numbers to fetch the entries from a database, this app was designed to be 100% clientside, so that's not something I'm keen on doing.

If people think a "note box" that works with the save system would be useful, that's easily doable. It wouldn't be shared by links, but could be appended to the forum export.

Using a url shortener: Maybe, but it's not a priority and I'm not entirely convinced it's worth the effort. Both short and long urls appear the same on a forum or page when presented like this or like this. The long ones are really only ugly behind the scenes.​​
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    aesica said:

Using a url shortener: Maybe, but it's not a priority and I'm not entirely convinced it's worth the effort. Both short and long urls appear the same on a forum or page when presented like this or like this. The long ones are really only ugly behind the scenes.​​

Ah I should have specified. The main use case would be for pasting in and discussing builds in-game. A lot of the build questions come up while people are in the PH or otherwise online together. That's where the short url would be most useful.
    aesica said:

Textbox for notes: While that would work decently with the new save system, the big problem is that in order to share it with others, the data would need to be transmitted via query string along with everything else, and it's already long enough. While I suppose it could use id numbers to fetch the entries from a database, this app was designed to be 100% clientside, so that's not something I'm keen on doing.

If people think a "note box" that works with the save system would be useful, that's easily doable. It wouldn't be shared by links, but could be appended to the forum export.

Makes sense. Although, this request is also driven by the in-game link sharing use case. Currently, to comment on a build or have notes for a new one, there needs to either be a forum post or I'll ask for the build to be put up on Gist and add in the notes regarding rotations and gear.
  • kamokami wrote: »
    Ah I should have specified. The main use case would be for pasting in and discussing builds in-game. A lot of the build questions come up while people are in the PH or otherwise online together. That's where the short url would be most useful.

and we all know how cryptic games have that stupid, arbitrary and completely unnecessary character limit, so the shorter you can make a url, the better​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited April 2017
    I should have reported this way sooner because this interfered with my own builds
    BUGs: AGRO ADVS IN ULTIMATES
    Fractal Aegis - Chilling Reminder ADV is marked as 2 points despite it is 1 point adv
    Showdown - You Clean, We'll Sweep ADV is marked as 2 points despite it is 1 point adv

and just to make sure, here is ingame screenshots
    bT5zZeb.png​​
    I think Mental Impact (Mentalist Ultimate) needs to be added.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Not only Mental Impact, more things are missing>
    -Wall of Bullets on Bullet Hail and SMG Burst
    -The new unlockable Aurora self rez power
    -The new advantage of Holy water that applies Deadly Poison instead of Disorient on Illuminated targets
    -Several Powers/advs are classified as Life Draining effects for the heal restriction of Dark Transfussion such as>
    a. Life Drain/Mind Drain/Life Essence/Thrash/Devour Essence
    b. Consumption adv on Grasping Shadows
    c. Devouring Darkness adv on Summon Shadows
    d. Back to the Darkness new adv on Ebon Ruin​​
    edited May 2017
    Oops, was without internets for like a day and a half because we got teabagged by a pretty badass storm. Is that **** all live now? God damn it.

I'll try to get it up soon, but I also entered myself into a 10-day game dev contest that I actually want to finish, so it might be slower than normal for the changes to show up.

Also, unless it changed:

e. All healing from sentinel mastery. Shhh! :3 Edit: Siphoning Strikes from Ego Weaponry may count too, I can't remember.​​
    aesica said:

e. All healing from sentinel mastery.

All percentage of hp spec heals are unaffected by healing modifiers, both positive and negative, so they also ignore Trauma. It's not the same as being classed as life drain.
    edited May 2017
    version 2.2.0.12 is up and should include all the new crap. let me know if I missed anything.

Edit: Also, I'd like to know of any powers that are unlocked by some means, but aren't specifically marked as such in herocreator. Specifically, which powers they are and where they come from. I've listed the means of acquiring many of them, but am pretty sure I missed a few here and there.

Edit2: God damn extension. Hmm, something broke.​​
    Oh I forgot to tell you one more thing, the void AT now has another choice between Shadow Shroud and Dark Transfusion.​​
    ^ Way ahead of you on that one. :)​​
    Small update to 2.2.1.22. Added Shade Storm, Upload, and Phase Out, etc. See the changelog for details. :3
  • yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    Hey aesica,

Thank you so much for doing this, and for working with the players who use this tool!

I wanted to put in my two-cents worth regarding the export tool. It makes it so easy to save the code for forums, yet I'm more of a ... 'collector' of builds. I like having a bunch of html files on my computer at the ready should I need them - no need to use the save feature (which is AWESOME btw). I'm sure others find this feature useful too.

My suggestion, if you will, would be to add the needed leading and ending code for the html export so that when the text is copied and saved, it would be complete. I've worked it out in the Powerhouse.js file already and can send a copy if you'd like to see it. It doesn't add any additional controls to the program, but a check box or optional html tab might prove useful for those who prefer the code the way it is. I could even take the code that one step further, adding the option to the file so that users will have both options at their fingertips and THEN make notify you when it's ready.

Also, if you're having any problems, I would be willing to help. Tho, I'm sure you've had plenty of offers to help already.
    edited June 2017
    Today, I noticed an issue with the reset option. If you choose Everything, it clears everything EXCEPT the role trees at the bottom. I'll look at the code for that, see if something was left out or simply not executing.

Edit:
    Aha! I found the code for resetting the Specs (Roll Trees). You haven't added that code yet!!

I'll play with it, see if I can figure it out. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Additional Edit:
    I've already found a solution for clearing the specialization trees. Add the following code to the hc-extender.js file after your // TODO reset specs line:
    iLength = 4;
    for (i = 1; i < iLength; i++)
    {
    selectSpecializationClear(i);
    }
    Post edited by yvonned on
    edited June 2017
    Another feature that I believe should be added: graying out powers/options that are unavailable or not available yet. For instance, Powers that are of high rank and not enough other powers have been chosen yet. It's something that occurs in the Powerhouse planner. If it is implemented in HeroCreator then I'm not seeing it (could be as simple as adjusting the text color). Once again, I'll update this post should I find a solution.

Edit:
    Found the solution: It appears that the color has been commented out under .disabledButton in the powerhouse.css file. I'm not sure why this was, unless you were trying to find a better color and hadn't gotten back to it yet. Simply removing the comment marks enables the dark gray color.
    edited June 2017
    Laziness (as well as a few other projects) delayed my response. Sorry. :)
    yvonned wrote: »
    Another feature that I believe should be added: graying out powers/options that are unavailable or not available yet. For instance, Powers that are of high rank and not enough other powers have been chosen yet. It's something that occurs in the Powerhouse planner. If it is implemented in HeroCreator then I'm not seeing it (could be as simple as adjusting the text color). Once again, I'll update this post should I find a solution.

Edit:
    Found the solution: It appears that the color has been commented out under .disabledButton in the powerhouse.css file. I'm not sure why this was, unless you were trying to find a better color and hadn't gotten back to it yet. Simply removing the comment marks enables the dark gray color.
    It's commented out because it uses the grayscale and brightness filters instead--I did it this way intentionally because I wanted it to apply to the icons and text instead of just the text. It works on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. What browser are you viewing it from that it isn't graying things out?

Edit: Also, note that powers are only grayed out based on which slot is selected. So if you select the "Power 2" slot, you'll see several grayed out. If you pick "Power 8" or beyond, none will be grayed out because at that point, you can legitimately access any of the powers. Make sure you're testing the graying-out in a lower-level power slot.

As for the other two things:

HTML Files: I'm...really not sure about how useful that would be overall. The HTML export is mainly because these forums (for some weird, unknown reason) use HTML. For saving files, it might be easier just to make one master file with URLs.

Specializations: Oops. The selective reset was something I just kinda threw together last-minute, then forgot to finish apparently. I'll probably enable the specialization reset when the next big set of power changes happen.​​
    edited June 2017
    aesica said:

Laziness (as well as a few other projects) delayed my response. Sorry. :)

Understandable. I've done that myself.
    aesica said:

It's commented out because it uses the grayscale and brightness filters instead--I did it this way intentionally because I wanted it to apply to the icons and text instead of just the text. It works on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. What browser are you viewing it from that it isn't graying things out?

Edit: Also, note that powers are only grayed out based on which slot is selected. So if you select the "Power 2" slot, you'll see several grayed out. If you pick "Power 8" or beyond, none will be grayed out because at that point, you can legitimately access any of the powers. Make sure you're testing the graying-out in a lower-level power slot.

I'm using Chrome, but also keep in mind that the computer I've been doing changes and testing on is NOT online. I'll check my laptop, which is online. It uses Chrome as well (which is fully updated). It could be the lack of updating Chrome on the desktop computer which is keeping me from seeing the grayed-out feature on it. I'll have to see about updating Chrome on the desktop to see if that makes a difference.

Edit: I was right. My desktop computer which is NOT online isn't displaying correctly, whereas my laptop is. I'm looking to update Chrome to see if that helps. I'll let you know as soon as I do, so if anyone else has this problem the solution will be known.
    aesica said:

HTML Files: I'm...really not sure about how useful that would be overall. The HTML export is mainly because these forums (for some weird, unknown reason) use HTML. For saving files, it might be easier just to make one master file with URLs.

Ah! Okay, I understand. I'll play with the idea of making another 'tab' for the full page html export then. If nothing else, I'll have it for my own personal use -- unless someone else here asks for it.
    aesica said:

Specializations: Oops. The selective reset was something I just kinda threw together last-minute, then forgot to finish apparently. I'll probably enable the specialization reset when the next big set of power changes happen.​​

:D Glad I pointed that out then! I'll keep an eye out for any other features that may not be working fully.

And thank you for the replies. I was beginning to worry that I was beating a poor, dead horse or something.
  • xkagearashixxkagearashix Posts: 397 Arc User
    any idea when hero creator will be updated with the new TK update now that it went live today?
    any idea when hero creator will be updated with the new TK update now that it went live today?
    Probably sometime later tonight or tomorrow. When I have time, basically. :)​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Just something I noticed,
    One of the Innate Talents "The Predator" has slightly wrong numbers.
    In HC it says, (Str 8/Con 10/Dex 10/Rec 10) while...
    In Live server it says, (Str 10/Con 8/Dex 10/Rec 10).

I think you may have accidentally swapped Str/Con.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited June 2017
    Version 2.2.2-23 is up with all the new crap. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up! :D

Note: The newest version isn't available for download yet, though. Github is being "poop" and not letting me commit via the client or the website for some reason. Give it a day or so. It should be up now. All is well, and those god damned icons are finally gone, making the overall file size and count a lot smaller.
    Just something I noticed,
    One of the Innate Talents "The Predator" has slightly wrong numbers.
    In HC it says, (Str 8/Con 10/Dex 10/Rec 10) while...
    In Live server it says, (Str 10/Con 8/Dex 10/Rec 10).

I think you may have accidentally swapped Str/Con.
    Fixed. The tooltip entry was actually correct, but the values somehow got switched for the entry that gets displayed by the innate's name. At some point, I plan on cleaning up innate data so values don't need to be entered twice--no idea why it was made like that originally.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.​​
    Post edited by aesica on
    I was wondering if you might add your version numbers and update dates to what is displayed. Could help people know if they are seeing the most up to date version.
    JwLmWoa.png
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I was wondering if you might add your version numbers and update dates to what is displayed. Could help people know if they are seeing the most up to date version.
    Do you mean like in the forum copypasta?​​
    I was thinking at the actual top of the Hero Creator itself. Something like:

HeroCreator (ver. 2.2.2-23, 06/23/2017)

With the title in its current large and bold font and the version information being smaller and not bold. Just a thought.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Hi aesica, thanks for updating Herocreator with the new crap stuff, I mean. I found some errors in with the recent update:
    -Ego Form no longer belongs to Telekinesis, now it is a shared Mentalist passive
    -Master of the Mind has been changed to an Active Ultimate which puts on a shared cooldown all Active Offense and Defense powers, grants a large amount of damage resistance, crowd control resistance, knockback and repel resistance, grants a critical hit chance boost of 2% per stack of Ego Leech as well grants stacks of that buffs every 2 seconds.
    -A new power called Dark Lariat was added to Darkness, same as other lariat powers​​