What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Onslaught Bugs and Balance/QoL Concerns

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    sterga said:

As far as I know, Sentinel Mastery is only 2% of HP per second max.

It's not, it's 5%, and the sentinel mastery is owned by the entity that its active on, so it will heal anyone who damages that target, without checking for enemy/friend.
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    chaelk said:

and now i see it, R.A.D Sphere (the legacy Travel power, not the Device, the Device was discarded years ago) works TOO

seem all the Legacy Travel Powers and their Q-store Reskins have the same problem

Quick unrelated question: How do we get the legacy travel powers? I have a R.A.D. Sphere device and a Stormrider device, but it doesn't unlock those legacy TPs for me. (It's instead unlocking the q-store ones, which are not the same travel power).

if you got the devices and USED them before On alert, the powers should be available at the bottom of your list. If you got the items after On alert, you don't get them.​​

Crafted myself and equipped before On Alert.

I only just started playing again this past May since On Alert went live. (Yes, that was a 1000+ day break). I would hope that wouldn't affect it - How do i go about getting this fixed, i'd really like to use the Storm Rider tp on another toon. xP
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User

sterga said:

As far as I know, Sentinel Mastery is only 2% of HP per second max.

It's not, it's 5%, and the sentinel mastery is owned by the entity that its active on, so it will heal anyone who damages that target, without checking for enemy/friend.
    So, basically, Sentinel Mastery is a buggy pos that doesn't even reflect what is on the tool tip and is healing twice per second instead of once? FFS.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 723 Community Moderator
    sterga said:

So, basically, Sentinel Mastery is a buggy pos that doesn't even reflect what is on the tool tip and is healing twice per second instead of once? FFS.

It does one tick per second per target. So if two OVs (or NPCs) had Sentinel Mastery triggered on them and you used an AoE, that could explain your double-tick.
  • Options

sterga said:

It does one tick per second per target. So if two OVs (or NPCs) had Sentinel Mastery triggered on them and you used an AoE, that could explain your double-tick.
    It would not totally surprise me if there's timing issues so Grond's double-hit attacks heal twice.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Here's an odd little thing I found that could be well noted.

Players using Celestial Cleansing are capable of dropping the Battling Supervillains status. While this can be used to clear out the status of an unlucky player, it's unreliable in doing so, and could even be used as a method for a player to very well give another attacking player or themselves the opportunity to ignore an attack from an Onslaught Villain. There is also the potential for this power to be used as a means of disrupting the flow of Guardian Tokens. Celestial Cleansing does NOT cause its owner to be tagged for Battling Supervillains, whether it's used on the villains themselves, or cleaning the Battling Supervillains tag from friendly targets.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    BUG: OVs can heal from other player devices, in obscene amounts. From my combat log while i was an OV:

"Stormcrow gives 2025000 Health Points to you with Healing Device Plus."

That's... that's a lot of healing. And he was fighting against me.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,043 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    BUG: People found a way to MOVE the Turrets
    Most noticable in the westside turret near Kodiac MC#1, it often gets moved up to stairs (also it change size)
    The exploit is unknown [Citation Needed]

The Turret itself will reset it's position if it get Destroyed or the instance reset​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Having Aura of Radiant Protection slotted gives you 25% damage resistance as an OV.
  • Options
    glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    QoL suggestion / my opinion.
    I think it would be best to have Onslaught Tokens.
    Having separate Villain and Hero tokens seems like a logical thing to do, but the way it is executed simply amounts to very little other than theme.
    Participating in itself should be enough to progress with Onslaught Tokens, while repeatability per day as one's time allows would be desirable. The way it is set up right now, I feel is more tedious than it needs to be.
  • Options
    People fight the OVs as heroes because Playing Both Sides is 500 vp, so it's worth about 100 vp per guardian mission run.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,081 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    BUG: Skarn's Bane is removing the Onslaught Timer on Onslaught Villains. This results in a "VILLAIN ESCAPED!" message when it is used.

Note: This does not impact the duration of the device, it simply removes a useful time tracking feature on each OSV and can confuse the players and the OSV.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    I'll post this here too, since that is probably more effective.

Ranged dps gear still needs improvements. Since sniper gear is available on live for a significant time I don't think that should be adjusted, but please add a new ranged dps piece that works equally well for all the damage types and sets.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I'm go out on a limb here and suggest that Onslaught is done for now.
    I can't imagine there will be any more bugfixes or refinements coming until (and if) there is another set of Onslaught Villains.

Alas

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Is this thread still active?
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 723 Community Moderator
    agentnx5 said:

Grab the defibrillator; this one's still alive. Clear!

I updated the OP, adding a few new bugs and cleaning out some old ones.

Anyone know how the turret-moving is done? I'd like to add that one to the list, but don't know the details.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I saw turrets move as recently as two nights ago by West Side. They were up on top of the steps to the police station.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

Anyone know how the turret-moving is done? I'd like to add that one to the list, but don't know the details.

Gravitar can do it (her gravity wells affect them), as can bumping with summons or object spawns. Easiest fix would probably be to give them a tic that just moves them back towards their original location.
  • Options

agentnx5 said:

Grab the defibrillator; this one's still alive. Clear!

I updated the OP, adding a few new bugs and cleaning out some old ones.

In that case I have a video to share.
    I was looking on this topic for something about spawn-defense turrets are absolute crap and should be scrapped for something more useful like a power-armor NPC that has the PH Dummies' "Ultimate Regen" so they can't be killed (exploit-proofing).

This is uncut video, so you can see clearly how persistent some people are about abusing the turret's flawed aggro mechanics (even when there's no Villian tokens to be gained)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz4Vj4L9y4k
  • Options
    I think that the problem with turret aggro may have something to do with the turrets living too long. I have been hit by turrets, but only turrets that aren't located anywhere near fighting, which makes me think that the continual aggro (from people diving on the turrets, or maybe even running past) breaks their AI.
  • Options

I think that the problem with turret aggro may have something to do with the turrets living too long. I have been hit by turrets, but only turrets that aren't located anywhere near fighting, which makes me think that the continual aggro (from people diving on the turrets, or maybe even running past) breaks their AI.

You could be right. Although without being able to see the AI source code myself I can only hazard guesses.

If I recall though, when it was on the PTS initially they had "police" NPCs that walked around and defended the spawn zones. Those didn't break. Turrets in other areas of the game a sketchy too, try the ones in Aftershock or Serpent Lantern sometime, and those aren't "around for a long time" as they're being spawned in for the mission.

One could also spend a lot of time speculating why this particular turret near Kodiak is extra glitchy.
  • Options
    There's a bug with lower level Grond energy building: while Grond's health goes down at lower levels, the amount of damage required to trigger energy gain does not. A very low level might barely reach max energy by the time it dies.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    QoL: I was trying to kill targets when a random player came up with several pets active. They were able to attack me (while I was unable to attack them or player). The damage was minimum but the purpose was so the player could troll me and add status effects and eventually I just removed my device all together.

Fix: make players attackable if any pets are used.
  • Options
    ectooneectoone Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I'm currently experiencing a possible bug with the tokens. I can't complete my villain onslaught mission and collect my 250 tokens because apparently my inventory is full when it clearly isn't. Aren't these tokens supposed to stack to 9,999? I currently have 355 as an added note.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    ectoone wrote: »
    I'm currently experiencing a possible bug with the tokens. I can't complete my villain onslaught mission and collect my 250 tokens because apparently my inventory is full when it clearly isn't. Aren't these tokens supposed to stack to 9,999? I currently have 355 as an added note.

This is a recent design change as there was an issue with tokens disappearing into the overflow bag. In order to claim your onslaught mission reward you need to ensure you have at least one empty slot in your FIRST inventory bag.​​
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Suggestion: the large name of the OV, make it optional. The name box get in the way when trying to target at times.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 770 Arc User
    BUG: I wasn't sure if I should post this here, or in the power bug section, but conflag is not activating the onslaught burst at all. There may be other powers, but this is the only one I have noticed.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    nbkxs said:

BUG: I wasn't sure if I should post this here, or in the power bug section, but conflag is not activating the onslaught burst at all. There may be other powers, but this is the only one I have noticed.​​

Some energy builders don't (I noticed on sonic blaster). Strafing run activates it on the user, presumably for the same reason it does for other on next hit powers.
  • Options
    williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Some Gold-turned-Silver players (likely all of them who "meet the criteria") are unable to purchase Inventory Slots from the Zen Store. Best guess is that this problem is related to Veteran Rewards, specifically the free Inventory Slot at the 600-day mark. Perhaps the game checks for the last inventory slot, rather than how many the character has total. I'm not sure, as I can't see the code. :P But regardless, this is a big problem for players, and takes money out of Cryptic's pocket in the form of unpurchased Inventory Slots.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Battling Supervillains Persists In Alerts

The Battling supervilains status persists in alerts. If a support player bubbles or heals someone who has this status - then they become tagged with it as well. This leaves that support player tagged for Onslaught after exiting the alert. As a QoL concern people who don't want to be tagged for PvP shouldn't be. The Onslaught tag should be removed when entering an instance (i.e alert or pve content).​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    In addition to the bug I posted on page 6. Apparently I'm one of the few players who's also experiencing this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm-eL_vJnys
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Passives can still cause you to get the battling supervillain flag. Even if you're not actively in combat with them.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Miniaturization Drive + Celestial Cleansing = OV Cancellation

I was experimenting with using these powers on build centered around "Hexes" (Think DC's Jinx or Marvel's Scarlet Witch). When I hit an OV with it. It not only caused the OV to shrink in size, but it stripped off the Device. Or at least appeared to have done so. Her hitpoints were still very high, but she lost the Grond appearance and powers from the looks of it.

Not sure if that's reproducible --- but that combo seems to have an unexpected result.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

Miniaturization Drive + Celestial Cleansing = OV Cancellation

I was experimenting with using these powers on build centered around "Hexes" (Think DC's Jinx or Marvel's Scarlet Witch). When I hit an OV with it. It not only caused the OV to shrink in size, but it stripped off the Device. Or at least appeared to have done so. Her hitpoints were still very high, but she lost the Grond appearance and powers from the looks of it.

Not sure if that's reproducible --- but that combo seems to have an unexpected result.​​

It's just Cleansing. The powers and device are all still active. But they will change in appearance.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Visual Reversion during Onslaught Super Villain Mode - Celestial Cleansing + Skarn's Bane (Repeated Use)

Is causing OSV players to lose the appearance of their Onslaught Super Villain but the player keeps the powers and hit points of the Onslaught Villain.
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • Options
    johannekirkjohannekirk Posts: 19 Arc User
    Transform all tokens into OV tokens. This will increase the number of people fighting OVs by A LOT!!

Make the villains more reasonably powered (So ATs aren't just pathetic token victims)
    But, give more tokens to them for beating players.

The entire ren-cen should be a death trap for OVs. Have defender (or other Champions) wipe the floor with them. I'm sick and tired of mass cluster -F#@&s around me when trying to buy/sell stuff, or get daily missions.

Make more interesting things for OVs to do, Rob banks, kidnap the mayor, break into labs, etc.

PS, I would rather you let people use their own toons for villain missions if they want. It's the only way I'd ever be bothered to make or play a PvP toon. (Fixing PvP balance first would be a good start...)
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Windchill doesn't deactivate for OV players. This is more problematic than the dinos since she blinds anyone fighting the OV so it's harder to defend yourself.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,601 Arc User
    During an OV fight, while not in the fight or tagged to take damage.

"Crimson Wing deals 1805 (3310) Particle Damage to you with Tempest Ricochet."

That was from a player attacking the OV.​​
  • Options
    edited March 2016

This is a bug that I have reported to Devs personally since I discovered it last year.

Basically what happens is that Energy Storm's Tempest Ricochet is triggered by the presence of Negative Ions debuff, when using Energy Storm on a Negative Ion debuffed foe, usually when firing it back it produces a secondary damage effect to a random target within 35ft (perhaps greater, not entire sure on the range).

However, when fighting Onslaught Villain that is affected by the above conditions (Negative Ions + Energy Storm usage), the ricochet damage will register as hostile damage coming from either the Onslaught Villain or from another friendly player (I think it has stupid weird tagging issues).

I first ran into it when I managed to kill a team mate with this power whilst fighting an OV and when I tried it again to confirm the damage backfired LITERALLY and I almost killed myself.

Note: This issue also happens with Friendly targets vs open duels (team duels).
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

This is a bug that I have reported to Devs personally since I discovered it last year.

Basically what happens is that Energy Storm's Tempest Ricochet is triggered by the presence of Negative Ions debuff, when using Energy Storm on a Negative Ion debuffed foe, usually when firing it back it produces a secondary damage effect to a random target within 35ft (perhaps greater, not entire sure on the range).

However, when fighting Onslaught Villain that is affected by the above conditions (Negative Ions + Energy Storm usage), the ricochet damage will register as hostile damage coming from either the Onslaught Villain or from another friendly player (I think it has stupid weird tagging issues).

I first ran into it when I managed to kill a team mate with this power whilst fighting an OV and when I tried it again to confirm the damage backfired LITERALLY and I almost killed myself.

Note: This issue also happens with Friendly targets vs open duels (team duels).
    This bug also appears to be present with Fiery Ricochet as well... However in the case of Fiery Ricochet it appears to only target nearby bystanders... I was the unfortunate victium of this one... was watching an OV battle on a low level character when I noticed I was being bombarded with tiny fireballs... looked in my combat log and sure enough I was being hit by Fiery Ricochet constantly...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    At least 3 times in the last couple days Onslaught Guardians have only provided 4 tokens upon defeat instead of the stated 5 they are supposed to. Anyone else seeing this? Not game breaking, just annoying.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    Happened again today. I wonder what causes this.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    Today I noticed that I do not get heals from sentinel mastery while fighting onslaught villains. I'm guessing it is a bug, because I get heals while fighting everything else.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,043 Arc User
    opalflame wrote: »
    Today I noticed that I do not get heals from sentinel mastery while fighting onslaught villains. I'm guessing it is a bug, because I get heals while fighting everything else.

Actually its not, its a special case

sentinel mastery used to heal both players and OSVs.

The solution? completely turn it off during OSV​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    opalflame said:

Likely been turned off entirely because when you turn into an Onslaught Villain you are still classed as a player not an NPC or something which cannot benefit from effects like that.

However, that does bring up the question as to what does PvP instances and mechanics do different that means if I have Sentinel Mastery and I attack another player with the trigger conditions...they don't heal as well...?

It is by no means ideal, but it stops OSVs from healing for ridiculous amounts (or at all).
  • Options

However, that does bring up the question as to what does PvP instances and mechanics do different that means if I have Sentinel Mastery and I attack another player with the trigger conditions...they don't heal as well...?

Sentinel mastery triggers when you hit a target affected by it; in PvP you generally cannot hit yourself so it's moot. However, if you have two OVs out and sentinel mastery gets applied to one of them, the other one can heal from it, so making the sentinel mastery effect not be applied to OVs is one solution (another would be to make it so the healing effect doesn't trigger if the attacker is an OV, but I guess that was too difficult).
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    avianos said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaah, believe it or not...I actually stated this on the PTS thread but...*shrugs*

That's pretty sad :|

As per a discussion in the PTS thread with @ladygadfly, I updated "Villainous Ventriloquy" in the OP with all the powers that trigger the voiceovers. @notyuu mentioned that Shockwave triggers Grond's voiceovers, but I haven't been able to replicate this. If anyone has more information about that, I'd love to know.

I should have time this weekend to make a more thorough update to the lists, based on all the recent feedback.

She said Nuclear Shockwave does, not the regular Might Shockwave.

Tested it, Might's Shockwave doesn't have any Voice Over

i'm 200 villain tokens away from purchasing Lance Rain, I could buy Nuclear Shockwave for Science... but ehm...

everyone says the damage is horrible so I will avoid​​

That's what I meant to put...thanks avi (gotta love typos at 3am)

also it is true, nuclear shockwave does about as much damage as a single tick of regular shockwave..but without the maintain...meaning the damage is a joke.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    avianos said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaah, believe it or not...I actually stated this on the PTS thread but...*shrugs*

That's pretty sad :|

As per a discussion in the PTS thread with @ladygadfly, I updated "Villainous Ventriloquy" in the OP with all the powers that trigger the voiceovers. @notyuu mentioned that Shockwave triggers Grond's voiceovers, but I haven't been able to replicate this. If anyone has more information about that, I'd love to know.

I should have time this weekend to make a more thorough update to the lists, based on all the recent feedback.

She said Nuclear Shockwave does, not the regular Might Shockwave.

Tested it, Might's Shockwave doesn't have any Voice Over

i'm 200 villain tokens away from purchasing Lance Rain, I could buy Nuclear Shockwave for Science... but ehm...

everyone says the damage is horrible so I will avoid​​

That's what I meant to put...thanks avi (gotta love typos at 3AM)

also the damage of nuclear shockwave is roughly 1.7 times the damage of a single tick of normal shockwave...just without the maintain....which is why it fails.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?