Install Arc
Options

We deserve compensation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    skunkyuk wrote:
    Oh, that old chestnut! :cool: Unbelievable people still trot it out.

if the shoe fits...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    matthmaroo wrote:
    Come on guys this sis the worst launch ever, i cant believe line ques to get in, i love playing this game , when it functions:mad::mad: but its over this game will epic FAIL

You post here FAILS. This is by FAR not the worst launch ever.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Anarchy Online. Looks like you havent been playing games too long whipper snapper

Ugh, Anarchy Online was digital TRIBBLE. IT WAS AWFUL. Then Funcom turned around and did it again with Age of Conan (memory leaks anyone?).
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Individual wrote: »
    It has to do with principles. Get real. What the hell does my mom have to do with any of this? Are you a push over or something? You wanna start calling people names next too? Grow up little kid.

The one being the kid is the one nerdraging all over hte place.... being you. They are right, you bought it, good for you, so have 90% of use here, do you see people like be *****ing and QQing about problems? No because I know that MMORPGs always start out like this. I am just riding the waves, till everything calms down, then we can all play nicely, till then stop *****ing, and things will go alot smoother for everyone.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If you are complaining about Queues and trying to compare STO to today's WoW, then yes it's abit nerving. However, for 3 weeks after Lich King launched, every single server from Low to Locked had a Queue time of 3 minutes on average. Everyone was making a Deathknight and everyone and their mums were trying to log in at the same time. Also, I love how these posts are popping up, because during Open Beta people were NerdRaging that there weren't Queue times to get into the server, we had to spam login every 3 seconds, and now that there are Queues where we don't have to spam login, people are complaining. Also, this is HeadStart, you Pre-Ordered the game you didn't put money down to access HeadStart so screaming "I'm a paying customer" is a lie because right now, you aren't. You dont pay for the game until Tuesday, so there is no reason for Cryptic to come forward and offer you more when you haven't dropped a cent into the game. And even though WoW's launch is over, how many times during a content patch release do servers stay down for 5+ additional hours for maintance? Then, how many times do people rushing into the new content force the servers to crash not two minutes after said release? Nothing in this world is 100% (your car will run out of gas, and need an oil change its just a matter of time) All Cryptic is doing is fine tuning everything, if you were a Network Administrator, you would understand its no easy job.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have a confession to make. I'm not an active player right now. Unfortunately my favourite games dealer couldn't get his hands on one of those "headstart" arrangements.

However, after playing the "open" beta and even after reading about the recent developments, I intend to get my preordered and prepaid copy of the game and also add in the first gametime card immediately on tuesday.

I love Star Trek, and I really like STO. I've been with WoW since it's beta days back in '04, so I already had my share of ups and downs with a MMO.

You guys are really ****ed and crying havoc? Fine, get the hell out. Make way for people like me who not only REALLY like the game, but are also educated and informed enough to know what one gets into with a newly released MMO (or a newly released PC game in general nowadays, for that matter).
    I'm done with reasoning. Seems most of you loudmouths aren't interested in explanations or fixes, you just want to yell at someone. Be my guest, but then close the door behind you when you leave, ok?

I have to give some of you guys kudos though: just about a week ago I issued a compliment to this forum for having a much more pleasant and mature community than what I was mostly used to on the WoW boards.
    Seems I was a bit too quick to judge, as some of you guys clearly are at least as bad as the average WoW forum peon. Some are even worse.... and all that after only a few days.

Live long and prosper... just do it out of my eyesight.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You understand the game doesn't launch until Tuesday, and Headstart is a gift, right? One for which you did NOT pay anything extra.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [QUOTE=Individual;1823281 I paid for headstart so I could play the game, not beta.[/QUOTE]

You paid for game that is officially "Launches" on Tuesday. This is: H-E-A-D S-T-A-R-T. Just to try to end a bit of confusion.......

Lets take a look at what "Launch day" is: It is the day the game goes online officially and everyone gets to have all the goodies that comes with the preorder.

Now lets look at what head start is: it is a gift to those that have played OB and/or preordered to get a........wait for it........a HEAD START.

So, before you complain ask your self this question,” Did I get even 5 minutes of time that would give me a head start over those people that did not OB/preorder?" If that answer is,” Yes" then......STFU GTFO and take your FAIL with you.

KTHXBYE
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    "We deserve compensation!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No you don't.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This is the worst launch I've ever had the pleasure in playing in. You guys can't even handle the load on your servers. I've never seen a game that has that issue.

ROFL....
    You don't get out much, do you?

Any time an internet-based project exceeds popularity projections, this sort of thing happens. And then the company has to scramble not only to buy and install new servers, but to find room for them. That's not an easy thing, mind you. Datacenter space is hard to come by. If they've run out of physical room it can take a lot of work to get more and establish sufficient internet connectivity and power availability.

I had some insight into Blizzard's scramble after the launch of WoW. It was kind of amusing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Talamakara wrote: »
    "We deserve compensation!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No you don't.

Then people should get their refund. I agree with the poster. The way they are handling this issue is TRIBBLE. The fact that they didn't expect these excess numbers and they are having problems now justifies the topic of this post all the more.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gimme gimme gimme
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rikaelus wrote: »
    ROFL....
    You don't get out much, do you?

Any time an internet-based project exceeds popularity projections, this sort of thing happens. And then the company has to scramble not only to buy and install new servers, but to find room for them. That's not an easy thing, mind you. Datacenter space is hard to come by. If they've run out of physical room it can take a lot of work to get more and establish sufficient internet connectivity and power availability.

I had some insight into Blizzard's scramble after the launch of WoW. It was kind of amusing.

Why is WoW always involved in a conversation? Just because WoW made a bad decision and you endured through it doesn't mean all other companies are justified in doing the same thing. If someone made a bad business decison, would you go back to them for business?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    syberghost wrote: »
    You understand the game doesn't launch until Tuesday, and Headstart is a gift, right? One for which you did NOT pay anything extra.

Headstart is gift for me giving them money already? It's more like headstart is a rip off. Why did I pay them ahead of time? I'm not paying them testing their server now am I? This isn't Head Start Beta is it? I didn't see that in any fine print anywhere.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dotson wrote:
    Why is WoW always involved in a conversation? Just because WoW made a bad decision and you endured through it doesn't mean all other companies are justified in doing the same thing. If someone made a bad business decison, would you go back to them for business?

You keep trying to login. According to the ragethread, Cryptic is doing bad business. Why would you keep trying to do business with a company that you said yourself does bad business? Stop trying to play. Take your business elsewhere if you are unsatisfied. You deserve no compensation, or even consideration.

Its really that simple. If you're not happy, leave, go elsewhere. If frustration = compensation, then this forum owes me plenty in compensation.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What you deserve is a good ole fashioned kick in the TRIBBLE.

-avery
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You are being given the privilige to pay to beta, and you are very lucky to even get that chance might I add.

Seriously, how selfish can some people be?

:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Softhands wrote: »
    YES let the NERD RAGE FLOW.... come to the dark side... and fullfill your destiny.....

ROFL
    Love it.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You are being given the privilidge to pay to beta, and you are very lucky to even get that chance might I add.

Yes and I agree
    We are however technically out of Beta and this is pre launch for people who pre ordered. We aren't actually paying for a monthly service atm so its kinda hard to ask for anything..... They gave use the abuility to do the head start program as a pre pay agreement for the game. Not part of the service. So basically we don't have a right to be ****y or moan about it. This was all covered during beta and far more ugly people complained then.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What does wow have anything to do with this? Really? How is WoW in any shape or form related to the subject posted above?

It appears here that he was agreeing with you...saying that we should be compensated just as Blizzard has compensated their players in the past. Wipe the rage from your eyes, buck-o.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You are being given the privilige to pay to beta, and you are very lucky to even get that chance might I add.

It's not a privlage anymore. Where does it say it's a privlage? Where does it say this is Beta still?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I seem to recall Cryptic Studios was doing some pretty cool stuff with the release of Champions Online, like refunding lifers who requested it and whatnot, so I wouldn't be surprised if they give us some kind of cosmetic perk for weathering all the headstart down time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is the worst launch I've ever had the pleasure in playing in. You guys can't even handle the load on your servers. I've never seen a game that has that issue. Laggy servers yes, but ques to get into the game? Give me a break. On top of that, you are bringing the servers down during prime time playing. This isn't beta anymore. I paid for headstart so I could play the game, not beta. Don't use us as your little testers now. If that was your intention, then you shouldn't of released the game this early. So Cryptic, what are you going to do to keep me or some us around? As is right now, I'm not subing. I suggest everyone else do the same until they get with the program.

I demand danish! Cheese, Lemon, Blueberry, Cherry, It doesn't matter... Danish Now! :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dotson wrote:
    It's not a privlage anymore. Where does it say it's a privlage? Where does it say this is Beta still?

This game, as fun as it is for now, will be in paid beta for awhile.

There is still the lack of Klingon content or a crafting system that would be worth a damn to address, for starters.

It would be best to just give them your bank account info and let them have full access. It might make these things happen faster :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I seem to recall Cryptic Studios was doing some pretty cool stuff with the release of Champions Online, like refunding lifers who requested it and whatnot, so I wouldn't be surprised if they give us some kind of cosmetic perk for weathering all the headstart down time.

I don't think people deserve something ubber. At least give us a freaking another free mounth or something. This Head Start is a joke. I love the game, but give a break already. Have games or something going on with prizes while all this is happening. Do something besides ignoring everyone for the love of god. That's no way to keep your subs up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This game, as fun as it is for now, will be in paid beta for awhile.

There is still the lack of Klingon content or a crafting system that would be worth a damn to address, for starters.

It would be best to just give them your bank account info and let them have full access. It might make these things happen faster :p

I know some of the stuff is screwed up right now. I can live without crafting and playing other races. Just give me access to the game though. Is that too hard to ask for? I think most people would be happy with that alone. If they can't give us access, then do something about it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I heard a rumor from a friend of mine who works for the computer graphic art/rendering section that the devs are discussing turning on double SP for the last day of the headstart to rectify these various problems we've had. He might be full of **** because he said he has been working on the inside of a borg ship for the last couple weeks and I haven't heard/seen anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    swiftshish wrote: »
    I heard a rumor from a friend of mine who works for the computer graphic art/rendering section that the devs are discussing turning on double SP for the last day of the headstart to rectify these various problems we've had. He might be full of **** because he said he has been working on the inside of a borg ship for the last couple weeks and I haven't heard/seen anything.

That would be awsome.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Seskey wrote:
    sorry this isnt WOW where they relize that by granting us some free time makeing players ok about emergency repairs thus makeing them one of teh Lead if not teh head of the mmorpg market with 7+Million strong.. i played wow beta /l launch i paied for a month and got a free 15 days from ( downtime )

Cryptic should be a bit more pro active and grant stuff like that if they ever want to compeat with Blizzard.

Maybe you should be more pro-active in finishing your homework and graduating from 3rd grade before posting in here and butchering the english language again...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is the worst launch I've ever had the pleasure in playing in. You guys can't even handle the load on your servers. I've never seen a game that has that issue. Laggy servers yes, but ques to get into the game? Give me a break. On top of that, you are bringing the servers down during prime time playing. This isn't beta anymore. I paid for headstart so I could play the game, not beta. Don't use us as your little testers now. If that was your intention, then you shouldn't of released the game this early. So Cryptic, what are you going to do to keep me or some us around? As is right now, I'm not subing. I suggest everyone else do the same until they get with the program.

You have never taken part in a MMO launch.
This discussion has been closed.