• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I can haz free stuff?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Individual wrote: »
    This is the worst launch I've ever had the pleasure in playing in. You guys can't even handle the load on your servers. I've never seen a game that has that issue. Laggy servers yes, but ques to get into the game? Give me a break. On top of that, you are bringing the servers down during prime time playing. This isn't beta anymore. I paid for headstart so I could play the game, not beta. Don't use us as your little testers now. If that was your intention, then you shouldn't of released the game this early. So Cryptic, what are you going to do to keep me or some us around? As is right now, I'm not subing. I suggest everyone else do the same until they get with the program.

My god people, please try to keep it in perspective. 200K dead in Haiti, billions of people living in poverty, US supreme court puts the country up for sale, no health care, North Korea with the bomb, and you.... you can't play your new STO game for more then 20 hours this weekend. Your right, you should be given free stuff. non-lifers should be alienated and made second class Federation citizens, and its not fair that Taco Dell doesn't sell in your area, and you paid! You really paid so much for the two extra days of play. I mean thats like a seventy five cent a day bonus that your due. You were robbed. Robbed of your entitlement. Because your entitled dang it. Entitled! Robbed! I want my Dell Taco! Bwaaa bwaaa!

p.s.

nice story dude
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    grendal32 wrote:
    yes and shouldnt they have learned from the mistakes of other games?
    yes if i pay i expect to be able to play 100% of the time i want to play otherwise i will be keeping my money
    yes it is popular but not for long if it doesnt resolve these problems

ok so i have not read all this stupid thread. but from what i can tell there are a bunch of stupid people trying to get somthing for nothing. lol tipical i guess as for reason. 1 in the quote i say this LOL. yes they should have learned from others but they are humen right? as for 2 you clearly never played eve online or any other single server game. they all come down at some point during the day for at least 1 hour some times 2.
    oh and i played eve online for 4 years was there for there server que and crashs. as they grew to break every record for a single server game lol. it was so funny to hear people in TS and VENT ***** about the servers going down. oh and i played till down time each day and a few hours there after. never really bothered me to wait not even for the 4 hour down time for them to upgrade the servers. during growth as for the last there will always be fans. i will play this game till they shut down the servers or people like you change it so much that it is no fun any more. anyone who played wow on release knows how that game has changed and not in a good way. well i think i have *****ed enough about stupid people *****ing lol. later
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I love the down time. it's exciting. if you look at the forums, it kind of flows. all the people who hate it seem to not be here when the game is online, but as soon as it's off they are right back here.

and I love every bit of it. there QQing make my black soul happy. Laugh with me Dr. Evil
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    I love the down time. it's exciting. if you look at the forums, it kind of flows. all the people who hate it seem to not be here when the game is online, but as soon as it's off they are right back here.

and I love every bit of it. there QQing make my black soul happy. Laugh with me Dr. Evil

I couldn't agree more. I had to leave my precious desktop all weekend to visit my g/f's parents and *gasp* socialize. These forums have provided my with quite the levity.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You know an old piece of wisdom comes to mind. Individual and this thread is like a pig in ****. at some point you realize that they enjoy it. my 2cp.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SP3CTREnyc wrote:
    I couldn't agree more. I had to leave my precious desktop all weekend to visit my g/f's parents and *gasp* socialize. These forums have provided my with quite the levity.

I'm at work right now finishing up the end of month computer maintenance. hardware is all clean, now its the anti virus, malware, defrags, and you don't have to be looking at thescreens to have those running. so there is not much for me to do other then the forums.

but it's a hard knock life for us. ( lol expanding my video reply's right now lol. )
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've been able to come home from work the past 2 nights and play no problem. I was able to play for 3 hours before work this morning no problem.

I demand to be allowed to play in peace and quiet and have all the whiners moved to their own servers where they can moan to each other about things they don't like.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    compensation?

They are letting you play before the release date.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is the worst launch I've ever had the pleasure in playing in. You guys can't even handle the load on your servers. I've never seen a game that has that issue. Laggy servers yes, but ques to get into the game? Give me a break. On top of that, you are bringing the servers down during prime time playing. This isn't beta anymore. I paid for headstart so I could play the game, not beta. Don't use us as your little testers now. If that was your intention, then you shouldn't of released the game this early. So Cryptic, what are you going to do to keep me or some us around? As is right now, I'm not subing. I suggest everyone else do the same until they get with the program.

I'm at work and I don't care , seriously this game and cryptic doesn't revolve around ur scehdule.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    this looks like a good thing you leave one less in que ok bye bye

--it happens!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    jojobean wrote: »
    I'm at work and I don't care , seriously this game and cryptic doesn't revolve around ur scehdule.

I would think it does seeing that they need our money for this game to work. This isn't beta anymroe.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    STO TERMS OF USE

VII. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE CRYPTIC STUDIOS PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACT OR FAILURE TO ACT BY THEM OR ANY OTHER PERSON REGARDING CONDUCT, COMMUNICATION OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICES OR USE OF THE CRYPTIC STUDIOS SITES, SERVICES OR SOFTWARE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH CRYPTIC STUDIOS IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE, AND TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT(S).

In dummy speak; when you made an account, you agreed that sh*t can happen and if you can't handle it, quit.

So, you may as well just quit.

I'm going to be posting this in every thread relating to the current situation until people get the clue and just shut the hell up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My god people, please try to keep it in perspective. 200K dead in Haiti, billions of people living in poverty, US supreme court puts the country up for sale, no health care, North Korea with the bomb, and you.... you can't play your new STO game for more then 20 hours this weekend. Your right, you should be given free stuff. non-lifers should be alienated and made second class Federation citizens, and its not fair that Taco Dell doesn't sell in your area, and you paid! You really paid so much for the two extra days of play. I mean thats like a seventy five cent a day bonus that your due. You were robbed. Robbed of your entitlement. Because your entitled dang it. Entitled! Robbed! I want my Dell Taco! Bwaaa bwaaa!

p.s.

nice story dude

I paid to and it's my money. Money makes the world go round if didn't know. The fact is they aren't providing on their end. No offense either, but bringing world politics into a game has no meaning. People paid for a product that they thought they were going to get, and they haven't been getting it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    STO TERMS OF USE

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE CRYPTIC STUDIOS PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACT OR FAILURE TO ACT BY THEM OR ANY OTHER PERSON REGARDING CONDUCT, COMMUNICATION OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICES OR USE OF THE CRYPTIC STUDIOS SITES, SERVICES OR SOFTWARE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH CRYPTIC STUDIOS IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE, AND TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT(S).

In dummy speak; when you made an account, you agreed that sh*t can happen and if you can't handle it, quit.

I'm going to be posting this in every thread relating to the current situation until people get the clue and just shut the hell up.

Well now you're advertising people just to quit the game. That's pretty big of you. It affects everyone, including you, if people up and leave the game in masses.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dotson wrote:
    Well now you're advertising people just to quit the game. That's pretty big of you. It affects everyone, including you, if people up and leave the game in masses.

Well at least it'll shut them up (hopefully)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well at least it'll shut them up (hopefully)

It's just a bad launch plain and simple. They need to communicate better with us right now and try to work something out. Ya we have the right to leave and not sub, but is that what they really want? That's bad business. Sure you're not going to be able to please everyone, but look how lit up the forums are over everything that has been going on since head start. Their are ample enough people who are really upset at this matter. Defend them all you want, but they aren't handling the situation well at all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Worst Launch????

You obviously did not play SOE's Vanguard online at launch - as just one example. That game was unplayable on some systems, even when you could get past the queue. WoW has a horrible launch as well, as did most mmorpgs.

Launches suck, period.

If you were expecting anything but a buggy launch, then you are not a Vet to MMORPG launches.
    Dotson wrote:
    It's just a bad launch plain and simple. They need to communicate better with us right now and try to work something out. Ya we have the right to leave and not sub, but is that what they really want? That's bad business. Sure you're not going to be able to please everyone, but look how lit up the forums are over everything that has been going on since head start. Their are ample enough people who are really upset at this matter. Defend them all you want, but they aren't handling the situation well at all.
    The reality is, if the game is enjoyable to play, this launch will basically be forgotten in a month or two. Look at how quickly everyone has forgotten how poorly launched every other MMORPG has been.

For myself, I tend to avoid launches, simply because I know and expect them to be horrible. I usually just wait for a month or two to actively get back into a game. The better experiences for me, have been from games that I discovered post launch, tbh.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dotson wrote:

You know that the game HASN'T launched yet? That happens on Feb 2. This is Head Start, it's still a bit like open beta. Stuff still happens and we should still be helpful by sending bug reports. If these problems persist after Feb 2, (which is after we all start to pay for the game). Then you will have a leg to stand on. This is still free play, you are getting what you paid for. :D

Tasha
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Loekii wrote: »
    Worst Launch????

You obviously did not play SOE's Vanguard online at launch - as just one example. That game was unplayable on some systems, even when you could get past the queue. WoW has a horrible launch as well, as did most mmorpgs.

Launches suck, period.

If you were expecting anything but a buggy launch, then you are not a Vet to MMORPG launches.

LOEKII!

I was wondering if I'd see you on the forums again. I should be checking in more places. lol,
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Worst Launch????

Launches suck, period.

well said. here is the world's fastest clapper to clap for you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LordDave wrote: »
    LOEKII!

I was wondering if I'd see you on the forums again. I should be checking in more places. lol,
    Nah, just working out of town, so have not been able to hit up the forums much over the past few weeks.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is the worst launch I've ever had the pleasure in playing in..

You dont get around the internet much, do you....

A) EVERYTIME they patch, SOMETHING gets better

B) This headstart is MUCH smoother than just about every launch in the history of MMO's. You obviously didnt play conan, did you? Or wow? Or any of the other TERRIBAD launches in history?

C) Launch is Tuesday. This is headstart. Thanks for playin!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nah, just working out of town, so have not been able to hit up the forums much over the past few weeks.

Well good to see ya around.
    I was shocked to find that anyone can post, even if they don't have the game. I made a farewell thread and everything. lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

p.s.

nice story dude

I feel obligated to point out that no GOVERNMENT healthcare is a very, VERY good thing.

But back on topic,

I don't have much experience with other MMO's, but I think people are over reacting. Cryptic realizes that they have a problem, their servers are not large enough to handle the amount of players that are trying to get into the game. They did not expect this problem and likely had to put several projects (namesly crafting) on the back-burner until they could resolve the greater issue. Cryptic is trying to solve the problem, and people threatening to cancel there currently non existant subscriptions is not going to help matters.

Would it be nice if cryptic offered a little in game compensation? Definitely.

Are we entitled to it? Definitly not.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I feel obligated to point out that no GOVERNMENT healthcare is a very, VERY good thing.

But back on topic,

I don't have much experience with other MMO's, but I think people are over reacting. Cryptic realizes that they have a problem, their servers are not large enough to handle the amount of players that are trying to get into the game. They did not expect this problem and likely had to put several projects (namesly crafting) on the back-burner until they could resolve the greater issue. Cryptic is trying to solve the problem, and people threatening to cancel there currently non existant subscriptions is not going to help matters.

Would it be nice if cryptic offered a little in game compensation? Definitely.

Are we entitled to it? Definitly not.

you sir have a really good voice of logic. I only wish other people new to MMOs were like you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    you sir have a really good voice of logic. I only wish other people new to MMOs were like you.

thank you. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dotson wrote:
    Originally Posted by EnsignDapper
    STO TERMS OF USE

I'm going to be posting this in every thread relating to the current situation until people get the clue and just shut the hell up. (end Ensign dapper)

You do realise everyonline game you play has one of those right? its there get out of jail free card that never expires, all online games have to have this disclaimer because anything can happen AT ANY TIME they may fix the servers now and in 2 weeks they fail after launch, or they may fix them and we never have an issue about logins again, what if a hurricane hit the servers and destroyed them would you still be complaining? because i dont think that would be there fault but it could happen thats why they have these either way they have to be covered.

now that ive chimed in im gonna go sleep, have fun complaining about something that cant be helped XD
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    we always say this is/was the worst super bad this or that.....yes it is bad, but it WILL get better, have patience.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Are you effing kidding me? I don't think I've gone through a launch in any MMO I've played that has gone smoothly. This isn't any better, but it's certainly not any worse. Heck, Aion's was far worse than this. Headstart queues were several hours long at times, not minutes, then when you finally got to play, the gameplay was lame. At least the minutes I have to wait in the game (when it's even queuing) leave me satisfied when I get in.

I mean, if you've gone through a normal MMO launch, you'd know what to expect, and this ain't anything special, homes.
This discussion has been closed.