test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We deserve compensation!!!!!!!!!!!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
This is the worst launch I've ever had the pleasure in playing in. You guys can't even handle the load on your servers. I've never seen a game that has that issue. Laggy servers yes, but ques to get into the game? Give me a break. On top of that, you are bringing the servers down during prime time playing. This isn't beta anymore. I paid for headstart so I could play the game, not beta. Don't use us as your little testers now. If that was your intention, then you shouldn't of released the game this early. So Cryptic, what are you going to do to keep me or some us around? As is right now, I'm not subing. I suggest everyone else do the same until they get with the program.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    bump... I'm not letting this go
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You should show them by canceling your account.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I understand the nature of servers, but unfortunately I must agree that the down time is most terrible.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    sorry this isnt WOW where they relize that by granting us some free time makeing players ok about emergency repairs thus makeing them one of teh Lead if not teh head of the mmorpg market with 7+Million strong.. i played wow beta /l launch i paied for a month and got a free 15 days from ( downtime )

Cryptic should be a bit more pro active and grant stuff like that if they ever want to compeat with Blizzard.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thorny wrote:
    I understand the nature of servers, but unfortunately I must agree that the down time is most terrible.

I understand crashes, I understand patching the servers too, but for them add ques to the server, and for them to bring the servers down prime time after beta is unacceptable. I gave them money for a reason. That was to play the game. I didn't preorder this game just to be a test subject the whole time. I understand beta and the logistics behend the server downtimes, but this is headstart now. They advertized this as being able to play the game before launch. How is this playing the game when you're waiting in ques and waiting on servers?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Can I have your stuff?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Individual wrote: »
    This is the worst launch I've ever had the pleasure in playing in. You guys can't even handle the load on your servers. I've never seen a game that has that issue. Laggy servers yes, but ques to get into the game? Give me a break. On top of that, you are bringing the servers down during prime time playing. This isn't beta anymore. I paid for headstart so I could play the game, not beta. Don't use us as your little testers now. If that was your intention, then you shouldn't of released the game this early. So Cryptic, what are you going to do to keep me or some us around? As is right now, I'm not subing. I suggest everyone else do the same until they get with the program.
    Welcome to Cryptic.......eh Craptic MMO games lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Seskey wrote:
    sorry this isnt WOW where they relize that by granting us some free time makeing players ok about emergency repairs thus makeing them one of teh Lead if not teh head of the mmorpg market with 7+Million strong.. i played wow beta /l launch i paied for a month and got a free 15 days from ( downtime )

Cryptic should be a bit more pro active and grant stuff like that if they ever want to compeat with Blizzard.

What does wow have anything to do with this? Really? How is WoW in any shape or form related to the subject posted above?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    vickisrum wrote: »
    You should show them by canceling your account.

I haven't subed yet. I'm glad I haven't either.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What does wow have anything to do with this? Really? How is WoW in any shape or form related to the subject posted above?

What does that have to do with me getting your stuff?
  • Options
    edited January 2010

FOr platform nothing really but in teh MMORPG market they are all teh same in nature pay to play per month.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Seskey wrote:
    FOr platform nothing really but in teh MMORPG market they are all teh same in nature pay to play per month.

Right now I'm not giving them anything as this is. I refuse. This is the worst prelaunch I've seen now. Ques for getting in the game? Give me a break.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You deserve nothing. You have been warned about the current state of the game. You sit there mashing your keyboard hoping that you can get in. The force of the Nerd Rage flows through you.... you can't play.... and its eating you alive.... cannot cope.... must have game..... someone...... anyone....hear my gnashing of teeth as I sit in my mothers basement unable to play.....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Its always Primetime somewhere on the world :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Right now I'm not giving them anything as this is. I refuse. This is the worst prelaunch I've seen now. Ques for getting in the game? Give me a break.

http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I haven't subed yet. I'm glad I haven't either.

and your complaining why exactly? you havent paid for anything therefor your playing for free.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This is ridiculous. 1306 of 1545! pull your finger out Cryptic and get this **** sorted. as people have said this is no longer BETA we are not your test subjects, we are paying customers who are getting a loading screen instead of actual game time. and what are you going to do about it? nothing as usual, we will just get ignored. I've been following this game for 3+ years, I was excited when you guys took over (being a CoX player) but you have let the Cryptic name down, seriously. Champions was smooth sailing, i was in beta, head start and played for ages not once did i spend time in a queue. Sort your act out. We paid for something that we are not getting.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    cacti4-6 wrote: »
    and your complaining why exactly? you havent paid for anything therefor your playing for free.

Because I bought the game! It obvious is a bust. I prepurchased the game for a reason. If I wanted to wait till relase. Don't be a push over.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Softhands wrote: »
    You deserve nothing. You have been warned about the current state of the game. You sit there mashing your keyboard hoping that you can get in. The force of the Nerd Rage flows through you.... you can't play.... and its eating you alive.... cannot cope.... must have game..... someone...... anyone....hear my gnashing of teeth as I sit in my mothers basement unable to play.....

It has to do with principles. Get real. What the hell does my mom have to do with any of this? Are you a push over or something? You wanna start calling people names next too? Grow up little kid.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    this looks like a good thing you leave one less in que ok bye bye
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Pointing out two things.

1) WoW had a horrible horrible launch.

2) No one ever promised you 100% up time during the head start. Heck no one even promised you that you would be awake during the hours the game was available during the head start. More to the point, you really only promised to give them your money to be able to play.

And seriously? OMG Queues! how dare that happen! We should so totally be banging away at the login button being told the server is not ready for us! Totally better!

Lesson here? Star Trek is popular. Get over yourself.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This is stupid. All you people who are siding with them after launch are going to drag the game down worse.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It has to do with principles. Get real. What the hell does my mom have to do with any of this? Are you a push over or something? You wanna start calling people names next too? Grow up little kid.

YES let the NERD RAGE FLOW.... come to the dark side... and fullfill your destiny.....
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I had full intentions of staying with this game, however, since headstart has begun I feel that cryptic hasnt met the quality of a pay to play game. I understand the game needs time to grow and develope but if they want to keep me they need to give me a reason. as is right now the ground combat has much to be desired, there are limited places to visit, all the places that u can visit seem to have basically the same things in there shops, the servors are down at least once a day, during peak time the lag is horrible. one instance may have 0 lag but then u enter it again and it is so bad u have to exit. I have played mmos for about 8 years now and it seems instead of starting where others have taken us, this one is starting with all the same problems other games have worked there way through and out of. i will finish up the month since i have already paid for it but if there isnt drastic improvement of the quality I will be leaving. The purpose of alpha, and beta testing is to resolve these issues before you market the game for paying customers. I expect a finished product that can then be expanded on. this seems more like a game getting ready to go into beta instead of one expecting people to pay.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They need to compensate us another bonus to replace our stolen Headstart.

GIve us all liberated Borg.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    runefire32 wrote: »
    Pointing out two things.

2) No one ever promised you 100% up time during the head start. Heck no one even promised you that you would be awake during the hours the game was available during the head start. More to the point, you really only promised to give them your money to be able to play.

And seriously? OMG Queues! how dare that happen! We should so totally be banging away at the login button being told the server is not ready for us! Totally better!

No one did promise huh game time huh? Their underlying principles that a person who provies a customer with service should be willing or trying to provide to the consumer. Don't pull that lame excuse on me man. When did wow have these issues? It's like someone is trying to run this game off their desktop in a basement.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    runefire32 wrote: »
    Pointing out two things.

yes and shouldnt they have learned from the mistakes of other games?
    yes if i pay i expect to be able to play 100% of the time i want to play otherwise i will be keeping my money
    yes it is popular but not for long if it doesnt resolve these problems
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    AdmGillis wrote: »
    They need to compensate us another bonus to replace our stolen Headstart.

GIve us all liberated Borg.

Yea, that would fix everything.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have seen far worse launches then ST:O...

And i have never seen an mmo launch without any problems. unfortunately its the nature of the mmos. Maybe the people that want the game to be flawless should hold out at least a couple months post launch to try out an mmo...;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    No one did promise huh game time huh? Their underlying principles that a person who provies a customer with service should be willing or trying to provide to the consumer. Don't pull that lame excuse on me man. When did wow have these issues? It's like someone is trying to run this game off their desktop in a basement.

WoW had these issues at launch. For months.

No one did promise you 100% up time, or that there wouldn't be down time during the times you are awake and able to play. No one has ever promised that. No one will ever promise that. They are trying to provide you the service. When the servers go down they try to bring them back up as quick as they can. If trying to maintain uptime is not trying to provide you a service to you then you need to re-define your definition of trying to provide a service.
This discussion has been closed.