ryan218 wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »
    Serah: *Hails the Zhiyal* Zhiyal this is Serah. I need an emergency medical beam out for two. *Quietly to HK* Do your best.

*HK analyses the blood and the dust movement around the area calculating the original arrival time of 201 when she showed up to set the trap then begins hacking into sensors for data on the original transporter beam in case 201 didn't think to scramble that.*
    Serah: *Hails the Zhiyal* Zhiyal this is Serah. I need an emergency medical beam out for two. *Quietly to HK* Do your best.

*HK analyses the blood and the dust movement around the area calculating the original arrival time of 201 when she showed up to set the trap then begins hacking into sensors for data on the original transporter beam in case 201 didn't think to scramble that.*

*He can't find any sensor data on the original beam.

2 hours later. After operating on Karen to heal her injuries, Kenar is watching her and Tara from his office. Karen's still confined to her bed. If Serah has been with her, she'll note that Karen has been virtually silent and looking away from her on her side since waking up. Tara is rubbing Karen's shoulder comfortingly, looking apologetically at Serah.*

Tara: Karen?

Talk to me?

*Karen doesn't say anything, pulling her duvet closer.*

*HK instead crossreferences sensor data for any odd power surges in orbit and on the surface in case there's one matching the amount of power needed to run a transporter*

Serah: Karen...? *She reaches out to Karen wanting to put a hand on her shoulder*

*There are dozens of power surges corresponding to multiple transports occurring simultaneously.

Tora Ziyal. Karen shirks back from her touch. Tara visibly cracks slightly, before Kenar joins them from his office.*

Kenar: She needs to rest now. I'll let you know if her condition changes.

*HK begins narrowing down the location of each power surge figuring out which ones couldn't possibly have been used by 201 due to location and which power surges are most likely to be suspicious*

*Serah walks away from them without a word hurrying down the hallway to her parents quarters*

Tara: Serah!

*Tara chases after her. Kenar looks Karen over, before placing a glass of water by her bedside.*

Kenar *softly*: Can I get you anything?

*Karen just shakes her head shortly.*

Okay. You know where I am if you need anything.

*Warehouse. He finds a single power surge near the spaceport which corresponds to a transporter beam that terminated at one of the orbital relays.*

*HK immediately begins heading to the location he's discovered while staying hidden the entire time, his stealth mode hiding him from any and all sensors except for trip wires and pressure sensors as he sneaks around*

*Serah runs faster with tears streaming down her eyes but stops at the door to her parents quarters and curls up*

*Tara catches up and sits down next to her, putting her arm around Serah.*

Tara *softly*: It's okay...

*Spaceport. HK finds the bay the surge came from, but whatever ship was berthed there is already gone.*

Serah: *sobbing* Its not okay... I wasn't there for her... I got f*cked by her clone... I didn't notice anything was wrong until it was too late!

*HK looks for surveillance records of whatever ship was docked here and whatever details he can find on when it left, the design, and the direction it was heading in*

Tara *softly*: Look... I've been where Karen is right now... It doesn't have to be the end. The important thing is she needs us to be there for her...

*Spaceport. The transport was a basic Dalosian light transport, with a valid registry, but no details on the registrar. It left a few minutes before HK and Serah found Karen. The transport launched and went into orbit, but disappeared from sensors shortly after.*

*HK checks for any signatures correlating to a jump to warp or any other ftl drives aroun the time it disappeared from sensors to find out if they left already*

Serah: She doesn't want me there for her... and what about me...? *She looks up at Tara* I was taken advantage of...
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User

2 hours later. After operating on Karen to heal her injuries, Kenar is watching her and Tara from his office. Karen's still confined to her bed. If Serah has been with her, she'll note that Karen has been virtually silent and looking away from her on her side since waking up. Tara is rubbing Karen's shoulder comfortingly, looking apologetically at Serah.*

Talk to me?

*HK instead crossreferences sensor data for any odd power surges in orbit and on the surface in case there's one matching the amount of power needed to run a transporter*

Serah: Karen...? *She reaches out to Karen wanting to put a hand on her shoulder*

*There are dozens of power surges corresponding to multiple transports occurring simultaneously.

Tora Ziyal. Karen shirks back from her touch. Tara visibly cracks slightly, before Kenar joins them from his office.*

*HK begins narrowing down the location of each power surge figuring out which ones couldn't possibly have been used by 201 due to location and which power surges are most likely to be suspicious*

*Serah walks away from them without a word hurrying down the hallway to her parents quarters*

*Tara chases after her. Kenar looks Karen over, before placing a glass of water by her bedside.*

*Warehouse. He finds a single power surge near the spaceport which corresponds to a transporter beam that terminated at one of the orbital relays.*

*HK immediately begins heading to the location he's discovered while staying hidden the entire time, his stealth mode hiding him from any and all sensors except for trip wires and pressure sensors as he sneaks around*

*Serah runs faster with tears streaming down her eyes but stops at the door to her parents quarters and curls up*

*Spaceport. HK finds the bay the surge came from, but whatever ship was berthed there is already gone.*

Serah: *sobbing* Its not okay... I wasn't there for her... I got f*cked by her clone... I didn't notice anything was wrong until it was too late!

*HK looks for surveillance records of whatever ship was docked here and whatever details he can find on when it left, the design, and the direction it was heading in*

Tara *softly*: Look... I've been where Karen is right now... It doesn't have to be the end. The important thing is she needs us to be there for her...

*Spaceport. The transport was a basic Dalosian light transport, with a valid registry, but no details on the registrar. It left a few minutes before HK and Serah found Karen. The transport launched and went into orbit, but disappeared from sensors shortly after.*

*HK checks for any signatures correlating to a jump to warp or any other ftl drives aroun the time it disappeared from sensors to find out if they left already*

Serah: She doesn't want me there for her... and what about me...? *She looks up at Tara* I was taken advantage of...

*He can't find anything. The shipping lanes are so busy that it's impossible to isolate a specific warp signature.

Tora Ziyal.*

Tara *softly*: I know... Just give her a little time... When I was in her place, I didn't want anyone around me either, but I still needed them.

And we're here for you as well.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,216 Arc User

Talk to me?

*He can't find anything. The shipping lanes are so busy that it's impossible to isolate a specific warp signature.

Tora Ziyal.*

Tara *softly*: I know... Just give her a little time... When I was in her place, I didn't want anyone around me either, but I still needed them.

OoC: He's not looking for their warp signature just if there was a warp signature. And I doubt there were that many ships going on in the seconds to minutes he's looking at. He knows he can't track them if they went to warp while cloaked. But if they didn't go to warp he can try searching the space around the planet though he figures they probably would've left by now.

Serah: thank you... but where's my moms?
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

OoC: He's not looking for their warp signature just if there was a warp signature. And I doubt there were that many ships going on in the seconds to minutes he's looking at. He knows he can't track them if they went to warp while cloaked. But if they didn't go to warp he can try searching the space around the planet though he figures they probably would've left by now.

Tara *softly*: Probably inside.

*HK finds that if there was a warp signature, it's already started dissipating; and there's no indication of a fold-jump.*
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

*HK finds that if there was a warp signature, it's already started dissipating; and there's no indication of a fold-jump.*

Serah: Do they know...?

*HK lets put a synthetic sigh then begins processing various options as he considers his next action. He decides that searching DIS's own records would be the easiest way to track down 201 but doesn't know of any DIS bases that he could potentially raid and decides to head back to the ship planning to modify his equipment and search for any DIS safe houses he might find a different agent he could interrogate*
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

*HK lets put a synthetic sigh then begins processing various options as he considers his next action. He decides that searching DIS's own records would be the easiest way to track down 201 but doesn't know of any DIS bases that he could potentially raid and decides to head back to the ship planning to modify his equipment and search for any DIS safe houses he might find a different agent he could interrogate*

Tara: I'm sure they do.
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

Serah: Can I still talk to them? I'll come back to Karen I promise I just... feel dirty... *She rubs her shoulders and shudders*
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

Serah: Can I still talk to them? I'll come back to Karen I promise I just... feel dirty... *She rubs her shoulders and shudders*

Tara: Of course you can...

*She gives Serah a little hug and takes her to talk to her parents.

The next day, Karen's discharged from sickbay and is walking around the ship. She stops outside hers and Serah's quarters, touching the door and resting her head against it, a tear rolling down her cheek.*

Daya: Karen?

*Karen sharply turns around, startled, before wiping the tear away and stepping away from the door, eyeing Daya angrily.*

Are you okay?

Karen *angry*: You knew, didn't you?

Daya: I... I knew I had a clone, but--

*Before Daya can continue Karen hits her with a violent right hook, roaring out. Daya gets knocked to the deck, feeling a cut the punch opened on her cheek as she starts to get up.*

Sis, I don't wanna--

Karen *angry*: Do you have any idea what she did to me?!
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

The next day, Karen's discharged from sickbay and is walking around the ship. She stops outside hers and Serah's quarters, touching the door and resting her head against it, a tear rolling down her cheek.*

*Karen sharply turns around, startled, before wiping the tear away and stepping away from the door, eyeing Daya angrily.*

Are you okay?

*Before Daya can continue Karen hits her with a violent right hook, roaring out. Daya gets knocked to the deck, feeling a cut the punch opened on her cheek as she starts to get up.*

Sis, I don't wanna--

*Lilly is with Samana and looks worried*

Lilly: that's the eighth shower she's taken. *Serah has locked herself in the bathroom* I don't know what to do she said she feels dirty after being used by the clone.

*HK sees Daya and Karen and forms an idea but decides to talk to them later not wanting to intrude on the encounter and heads another way*

*Frigg on the other hand sees them both and bites her lip wanting to intervene as her motherly instincts kick in but she doesn't know what to do*
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

Are you okay?

Sis, I don't wanna--

Lilly: that's the eighth shower she's taken. *Serah has locked herself in the bathroom* I don't know what to do she said she feels dirty after being used by the clone.

*HK sees Daya and Karen and forms an idea but decides to talk to them later not wanting to intrude on the encounter and heads another way*

*Frigg on the other hand sees them both and bites her lip wanting to intervene as her motherly instincts kick in but she doesn't know what to do*

Samana: Let me try...

*She walks over to the bathroom door.*

Ser'?

*Corridor. Daya picks herself up and visibly tenses, but doesn't raise a guard or anything aggressive.*

Daya: Karen, I'm sorry. I didn't think she'd--

*Karen shakes her head, grunting before spearing into Daya like a freight train and beating on her in a rage. Luckily, Daya managed to get her guard up and is blocking Karen's punches, but is pinned down. After a few moments of venting, Karen stops punching, panting heavily and glaring at Daya.*

Karen *angry*: I never should have trusted you...

*She starts to get off Daya, who stays down, stunned, before starting to pick herself up.*

Daya *angry*: Oh please, you never trusted me! Why do you think I never mentioned Jane to you?! Because this is how you would have reacted!

*Karen snaps around.*

Karen *angry*: You have no idea what happened to me! She--!

Daya *angry*: Karen, try to remember that when we met I thought you stole my life! I know exactly how you f***ing feel!

Karen *angry*: You didn't have your girlfriend stolen from you! Hell, you wouldn't even get that feeling - you just settled for--!

Daya *cold rage*: Don't. You. Dare.
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

Are you okay?

Sis, I don't wanna--

Ser'?

*Corridor. Daya picks herself up and visibly tenses, but doesn't raise a guard or anything aggressive.*

*Karen shakes her head, grunting before spearing into Daya like a freight train and beating on her in a rage. Luckily, Daya managed to get her guard up and is blocking Karen's punches, but is pinned down. After a few moments of venting, Karen stops punching, panting heavily and glaring at Daya.*

*She starts to get off Daya, who stays down, stunned, before starting to pick herself up.*

Daya *angry*: Oh please, you never trusted me! Why do you think I never mentioned Jane to you?! Because this is how you would have reacted!

*Karen snaps around.*

Daya *angry*: Karen, try to remember that when we met I thought you stole my life! I know exactly how you f***ing feel!

Karen *angry*: You didn't have your girlfriend stolen from you! Hell, you wouldn't even get that feeling - you just settled for--!

OoC: Is it alright for Frigg to step in? or should I let this play out?

Serah: *the sounds of crying can be barely heard* What is it Mom...?
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

Are you okay?

Sis, I don't wanna--

Ser'?

*Karen snaps around.*

Samana: Can I come in?

*OOC: Frigg can interfere. I was actually expecting her to.*
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

Are you okay?

Sis, I don't wanna--

Ser'?

*Karen snaps around.*

*There's a long pause before the door opens*

Serah: Yes... *she's naked and curled up in the fetal position in the shower with the sonic turned off so water can be used*

*Frigg rushes over and seperates them*

Frigg: Stop it you two! you're sisters for gods sake. You've both had terrible things happen to you that should bring you together not make you fight. And your girlfriend wasn't stolen Karen she's still here and still loves you.
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

Are you okay?

Sis, I don't wanna--

Ser'?

*Karen snaps around.*

Serah: Yes... *she's naked and curled up in the fetal position in the shower with the sonic turned off so water can be used*

Frigg: Stop it you two! you're sisters for gods sake. You've both had terrible things happen to you that should bring you together not make you fight. And your girlfriend wasn't stolen Karen she's still here and still loves you.

*Samana quickly wraps Serah in a towel and sits down with her.*

Samana *softly*: It's okay, I'm here...

*Corridor. Karen storms off, before changing into a run, wiping her eyes as she goes. Daya watches her. Frigg can tell she's angry, but it looks like she's trying not to be.*
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

Are you okay?

Sis, I don't wanna--

Ser'?

*Karen snaps around.*

*Corridor. Karen storms off, before changing into a run, wiping her eyes as she goes. Daya watches her. Frigg can tell she's angry, but it looks like she's trying not to be.*

Frigg: *She sighs sadly and rubs her stomach as she thinks to her past* I guess I make a poor mother... *She calls Tara* Hey... Karen needs you Right now... And maybe Daya too...

*Lilly comes in and sits down with them both wanting to be here even if she doesn't know how to help*

Serah: She used me... Its like I can't wash it off... pretended to be Karen and slept with me... How could I have not noticed... how could I let it happen...
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

Are you okay?

Sis, I don't wanna--

Ser'?

*Karen snaps around.*

Frigg: *She sighs sadly and rubs her stomach as she thinks to her past* I guess I make a poor mother... *She calls Tara* Hey... Karen needs you Right now... And maybe Daya too...

*Lilly comes in and sits down with them both wanting to be here even if she doesn't know how to help*

Serah: She used me... Its like I can't wash it off... pretended to be Karen and slept with me... How could I have not noticed... how could I let it happen...

Samana: She did everything possible to make sure you didn't notice, Ser'. She did everything she could to leave you in no doubt which one was the imposter. It wasn't your fault.

*Corridor. Daya walks away towards hers and Susan's quarters. Meanwhile, Karen finds an empty set of quarters and goes inside, locking the door and sitting on the bed.*
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

Are you okay?

Sis, I don't wanna--

Ser'?

*Karen snaps around.*

Samana: She did everything possible to make sure you didn't notice, Ser'. She did everything she could to leave you in no doubt which one was the imposter. It wasn't your fault.

*Corridor. Daya walks away towards hers and Susan's quarters. Meanwhile, Karen finds an empty set of quarters and goes inside, locking the door and sitting on the bed.*

*Susan is in her quarters not sure what to do*

*Frigg walks around looking for Karen until she finds the locked quarters and rings the doorbell*

Frigg: Karen? Are you in there? I'd like to talk...

Serah: *crying quietly now* But its my body... and I didn't notice anything that felt different when I was with her... like that... *she means sex*
  • Options

Talk to me?

Tora Ziyal.*

Are you okay?

Sis, I don't wanna--

Ser'?

*Karen snaps around.*

*Susan is in her quarters not sure what to do*

*Frigg walks around looking for Karen until she finds the locked quarters and rings the doorbell*

Frigg: Karen? Are you in there? I'd like to talk...

Serah: *crying quietly now* But its my body... and I didn't notice anything that felt different when I was with her... like that... *she means sex*

Samana *softly*: You weren't in a good place at the time, Ser'. She used how you were feeling to gain your trust. You couldn't have known.

*Spare Quarters. Karen doesn't answer, lying down on the bed. After a moment, she opens the door for Frigg.

Susan and Daya's Quarters. Daya walks in, shutting the door behind her and leaning against it, exhaling deeply. Susan can see the cut on her cheek and the forming bruises on her arms.*
  • Options
    Susan: What happened Daya? *she hurries over to her and gets a med kit out*

*Frigg comes in and sits down by Karen*

Frigg: I know I'm probably not the best for this... I never even became a mother... but I look at you and there's just this need to be here for you. I don't know what it's like going through what you are. But I see the pain on your face. I know pain. I know it well. I feel it sometimes when looking at you your sister or luke. It makes me think of what could have been. I haven't talked to you about it and I doubt your mother has brought it up. But... in my world I was tortured. I was tortured for so long and in such terrible ways so many chemicals... I lost an eye... my hair was stained white... but something so much worse... I lost my kids... I was pregnant with twins just like your mom. *she tears up* and what they did to me... I can't have kids again... and mine were lost to me. Just know kid... people are here for you. People love you. *she tries to hug her*

Serah: But I should've.. and now I've hurt Karen because of it...
  • Options
    Susan: What happened Daya? *she hurries over to her and gets a med kit out*

*Frigg comes in and sits down by Karen*

Frigg: I know I'm probably not the best for this... I never even became a mother... but I look at you and there's just this need to be here for you. I don't know what it's like going through what you are. But I see the pain on your face. I know pain. I know it well. I feel it sometimes when looking at you your sister or luke. It makes me think of what could have been. I haven't talked to you about it and I doubt your mother has brought it up. But... in my world I was tortured. I was tortured for so long and in such terrible ways so many chemicals... I lost an eye... my hair was stained white... but something so much worse... I lost my kids... I was pregnant with twins just like your mom. *she tears up* and what they did to me... I can't have kids again... and mine were lost to me. Just know kid... people are here for you. People love you. *she tries to hug her*

Serah: But I should've.. and now I've hurt Karen because of it...

Daya: Tried to talk to Karen... Didn't go so well...

I didn't get into a fight with her, we just...well...

*Karen's 'Quarters'. Karen lets her, before breaking into tears and sobbing.

Samana and Lilly's Quarters.*

Samana: No. That clone trash pile hurt Karen. And she hurt you doing it. She hurt both of you. She may have used you to do it, but that was her doing, not yours. You're not responsible, Serah.

If you really want to feel redeemed, go to Karen. Show her how angry you are about what happened. I'm not going to pretend like you two are going to heal quickly, but you need to start somewhere. She doesn't hate you. She doesn't blame you. She's hurting all over. She's not talking to anyone, it's not just you. She still loves you. She just...needs someone to open her up.
  • Options
    *Frigg cries with her holding her tight like she were her own daughter*

Susan: Are you okay? *she heals the wounds*

Serah: I... guess you're right... *she shivers* I shouldn't be moping around while she's like this...
  • Options
    *Frigg cries with her holding her tight like she were her own daughter*

Susan: Are you okay? *she heals the wounds*

Serah: I... guess you're right... *she shivers* I shouldn't be moping around while she's like this...

Daya: Not really.

I should have told her about Jane...

*Samana and Lilly's Quarters. Samana (and presumably Lilly) help her dry off and get dressed.*

Samana: Will you be okay?
  • Options
    Serah: I don't know. But... thank you both. For being here. *She hugs Lilly and Samana and holds onto them tight*

Susan: You knew about her?
  • Options
    Serah: I don't know. But... thank you both. For being here. *She hugs Lilly and Samana and holds onto them tight*

Susan: You knew about her?

Daya: She's my clone. While DIS were training me to come after Karen, they were training her to be an Archangel. It was the price I paid for their help. Jane's the first of a new generation of Archangel. She was my sparring partner. They trained me against her.

I never thought they'd send her after Karen like this...
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Halsey is in her lab looking over the report of the procedures.

Halsey: 10 killed 5 disabled.

Virsio: you did good. We will find a position in ONI for the ones that cant be in combat. The one that disnt make it will be buried with full honors. They wont be forgotten.

Halsey: tell me its worth it. Please just tell me its worth it and mean it.

Virsio: it is worth it. We needed them ready with the risk of an outside force testing their own agents against a spartan. We need to be ready. Now we are.

Halsey: i hope your right. I just hope your right.....
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    Susan: Why would they send her after Karen?
  • Options
    Susan: Why would they send her after Karen?

Daya: I don't know...
  • Options
    Susan: I'm sure Karen needs a little time then you can be there for her.
  • Options
    Susan: I'm sure Karen needs a little time then you can be there for her.

Daya: Yeah...

*There seems to be something else bothering Daya.

Meanwhile, Karen is sitting on the bed in 'her' quarters with a PADD.*
  • Options
    Susan: What else is wrong? *She scorches close to Daya*

*Serah walks into their quarters and looks around till she finds Karen*

Serah: Karen?