test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 15 Update Ideas

make a new faction like a Enterprise Nx faction with thows kind of ship leave more ideas here so dev can see them for the next season
Spudzillah

Comments

• Options
    usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Add more Admiral Quinns and thows Kurlands to the seasonal game
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    i think, season 15 is already in the oven. even 16 could be. a nx era ,dscvry era season would be nice.

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    i think, season 15 is already in the oven. even 16 could be. a nx era ,dscvry era season would be nice.

There is a huge difference between already in the oven and ingredient preparation. Season 15 might be ready to put in the oven while Season 16 might require getting a few more ingredients.
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    How about a 29th Century faction. Or mirror universe factions (Terran Empire, Klingon-Cardassian-Bajoran Rebels, Romulan Empire)
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

There is a huge difference between already in the oven and ingredient preparation. Season 15 might be ready to put in the oven while Season 16 might require getting a few more ingredients.

It is. Watch the Emergence trailer. The next expansion is called Victory is Life, Summer 2018. Starting at 0:59.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=Zhnd5h1CyqE
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    spudzillah#2674 spudzillah Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    all great ideas i love the new time period ones
    Spudzillah
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    How about 1 century faction and thows ships as OP implied? will that work?​​
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Can we make the Lukari and the grey ones go extinct?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I think it is time for a queue UI revamp.

And while we are at it how about enabling cross faction team ups? Ok, ok, this game is only 8 years old but still…
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

And while we are at it how about enabling cross faction team ups? Ok, ok, this game is only 8 years old but still…

Yes to all of this.

I would also like to see them finally fix the Tzenkethi BZ, I love Battle Zones and it sucks that this one is just completely unusable.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User

But.. we just had one.
    They should do a season that takes place in AD 1400 and you can be a knight.

We can already be a knight. Sort of. The Voth lobi armour comes close to it imo.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

But.. we just had one.

Yes, and the revamp needs a revamp since it's completely ruined Queued content and is suffocating out any remaining life that this game still has.

The last queue 'revamp' is one of the worst ideas Cryptic has ever had and that's saying quite a bit.

If it makes them feel better, they can overhaul it again and call it a nerf so everyone has a 'warm fuzzy.' Either way, it needs to be fixed. The current system sucks out loud.
  • Options

But.. we just had one.

Yes, and the revamp needs a revamp since it's completely ruined Queued content and is suffocating out any remaining life that this game still has.

The last queue 'revamp' is one of the worst ideas Cryptic has ever had and that's saying quite a bit.

If it makes them feel better, they can overhaul it again and call it a nerf so everyone has a 'warm fuzzy.' Either way, it needs to be fixed. The current system sucks out loud.

I know, I know. I wasn't too serious there.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options

My bad, my Sarcasm Detector needs new batteries. :)
  • Options

My bad, my Sarcasm Detector needs new batteries. :)

Try the ones at the new colony, there's even a mini-game to obtain them xD

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »

It is. Watch the Emergence trailer. The next expansion is called Victory is Life, Summer 2018. Starting at 0:59.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=Zhnd5h1CyqE

That doesn't necessarily make it an expac, there isn't anything in that video that suggests it is an expac a this point let alone a complete redo of 2800. We will find out closer to the anninversary next year when more detail is expected.

I would like it to be an expac, something nice to get into and more cryptic storytelling.
    make a new faction like a Enterprise Nx faction with thows kind of ship leave more ideas here so dev can see them for the next season

More time travel episodes? Judging on what i have seen of comments on this forum the past month, that trope is wearing a little thin. I wouldn't rule out a possible time travel event in the future, but i would rather Cryptic focus on 2410 for a bit and especially their own characters; Shon, Jarok, Koren, Quinn, J'mpok, D'tan, Obisek and so on.

Season 15 is a gaurantee as there is enough of a gap between the "Victory is life" in 2018 of summer and a few weeks wth season 14 for it to happen around anniversary time next year. it would need to be something related to both victory is life and the events with the Tzenkethi or Lukari. There is this First federation territory that is on the map that hasn't been used yet, i wonder if that will be included at some point?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    digger327#6988 digger327 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Recommend a expansion or addition of Romulan/Reman story line. Expand Reman section on New Romulus. Kept current section as open trade zone to keep current episode (Just get rid of all the KDF and Fed NPC standing around). New story arc about reunification with our star empire brethren, expulsion of Fed and KDF to free trade zone. Allow Romulan/Reman only fleets (Thou I love KDF fleet starbases). The having to ally with either FED or KDF just bothers me, only the Star empire remnants seem to have keep their Romulan pride.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Remember the ST:TNG episode Night Terrors...where the Enterprise gets trapped in a place where the crew can't get any sleep and Troi keeps having the same dream? And it turns out it's the crew of an alien ship that's also trapped in the same space that has the ability to communicate to them in their dreams. They should work up that race and create a Season around them.

The leaders of the three factions keep having the same dream and they come to the realization that this strange race may be in danger, so a joint taskforce is sent to investigate. Season 16 - Dreamscape!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Remember the ST:TNG episode Night Terrors...where the Enterprise gets trapped in a place where the crew can't get any sleep and Troi keeps having the same dream? And it turns out it's the crew of an alien ship that's also trapped in the same space that has the ability to communicate to them in their dreams. They should work up that race and create a Season around them.

The leaders of the three factions keep having the same dream and they come to the realization that this strange race may be in danger, so a joint taskforce is sent to investigate. Season 16 - Dreamscape!

Personally not a fan of this type of trope, such as being in a simulation or in dreams. The basic question that comes up: Are you still inside the dream or simulation even though you apparently left it and how could you know you are still not in this envionment after the fact?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    keep the ideas flowing some maybe become a update with populaity

Spudzillah
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I would also like to see them finally fix the Tzenkethi BZ, I love Battle Zones and it sucks that this one is just completely unusable.
    Indeed, sir; there is no excuse for the laziness which has allowed this to go on for so long. As for new additions, I for one think the ability to reskin ground weapons (reference) is also long overdue.
  • Options
    usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Why don’t they just holodeck their other games and let STO players walk in there and blast everything with Boolean cannons.
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    I'd guess with the 2018 4th expansion there is a small chance we'd get a new playable faction (but I'd guess it is following the pattern of "New Faction, Expanded Endgame, New Faction, Expanded Endgame". I doubt it would be NX-01 era though given the teaser. They may do the much requested Dominion-Cardassian faction. Now Cardassians with the Dominion now is sort of unthinkable after their faux pas at the end of the war - but AoY gave a way around that. What if your Dominion character was part of the 2800? Either a Vorta, a Jem'Hadar or a Cardassian observer who went through the wormhole before it was mined (or was previously imprisoned and released unlike Garek). You could have a tutorial section in the Gamma Quad, maybe one arc, then into the 25th century via the 2800 Arc (from the Dominion's POV) and eventually put with the Feds/KDF in some kind of exchange/observer program to build on the cooperation in Boldly They Rode.
  • Options
    i just realy want more factions
    Spudzillah
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Why can't we have any holodeck events which take place in earlier timelines like what they did in the series?
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    plz put more big update ideas maybe gamma quadrent or more temproal starter stuff
    Spudzillah
  • Options
    soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    I'd be interested in getting a 29th Century Alliance as a sort of "prestige" character. Require something to unlock it (probably completion of the Iconian War or Temporal Front arcs), and have it give access to more races, cross-faction ships (you would choose a "pedigree" for the sake of initial ship and lockboxes), and the ability to start at late-game content.
    Think Death Knights from WoW