test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Holodeck Connection Issues [2/13]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The team is investigating the issues currently affecting Captains from accessing Holodeck.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"
Post edited by pwlaughingtrendy on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Don't tell me... DDoS Prick is at it again. >.<

Thanks for keeping us posted Trendy. Appreciate your dedication to the community.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    scarlet0nescarlet0ne Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Isn't there anything that can be done about that little TRIBBLE?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Don't tell me... DDoS Prick is at it again. >.<

Thanks for keeping us posted Trendy. Appreciate your dedication to the community.

Yes, yes it is.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    *Blinks*

Cricky, that was fast... I barely had time to figure out something was wrong and head over here before there's already a response... you're not violating the Temporal Accords to keep the game working right, are you? Because if you are, well... Secret's safe with us.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    scarlet0ne wrote: »
    Isn't there anything that can be done about that little TRIBBLE?

Figure out where he's coming from, somehow notify his local law enforcement, and let them bust him.

@sov42 I still laugh at your sig. That's awesome.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    shadow1766shadow1766 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    can we violate this guys back passage with a truck
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Just a truck?
  • Options
    well we can start with a truck >:)
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Things were getting wonky getting into my mission. Once inside I couldn't see my ship or any other except the incidental ones that were small scale and just for effect (as in Temporal Accord space battle, that is). Trying to just switch characters was impossible.
  • Options
    I vote a tank at least.

GDI_MammothTank.jpg
    This tank.
  • Options
    ...however am trying to implement positive change to fix.

So, Trendy, you posted this last time this kid DDoS'ed... when's that "fix" supposed to come?
  • Options
    dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    *Blinks*

Cricky, that was fast... I barely had time to figure out something was wrong and head over here before there's already a response... you're not violating the Temporal Accords to keep the game working right, are you? Because if you are, well... Secret's safe with us.

Same here, nice work on keeping us updated
  • Options
    sov42 wrote: »

So, Trendy, you posted this last time this kid DDoS'ed... when's that "fix" supposed to come?

Its not that simple sov. A DDoS is basically Zerg Rushing the servers from multiple locations. Best they can do is batten down the hatches, ride it out, and patch up the lines until this prick's bored or busted.
  • Options
    This is his twitter, he has a beef with Neverwinter and he announces it here; https://twitter.com/neverwintergod
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

Sterilizations sometimes takes time to take affect. :mask:
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Almost 2 minutes to even get the arc launcher going.
    It was lagging earlier this evening, but with this it looks like big pressure is being put on the servers.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    well if his beef is with neverwinter can we get a dedicated server for sto? If head honcho's won't approve the funds crowd fund that sucker....i would donate a couple dollars for that
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Oh look A FULL YEAR after this idiot started these - Cryptic STILL hasn't done j**k s**t to prevent or combat them. What a joke their network engineering staff must be.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    This is his twitter, he has a beef with Neverwinter and he announces it here; https://twitter.com/neverwintergod

Just report the little skrub. Tell him to "git gud" while you're at it.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I'm not sure what is more sad: a guy that feels the need to cyber attack a video game for some imagined slight, or people who act like it is the end of the world. Both are pretty sad TBH :/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    I just think it's really TRIBBLE that just because you don't like how a game is run that you'll go out of your way to ruin it for others. if enough people don't like the game, they'll stop playing and then the game folds. But this is just being a douche.
  • Options
    I just think it's really TRIBBLE that just because you don't like how a game is run that you'll go out of your way to ruin it for others. if enough people don't like the game, they'll stop playing and then the game folds. But this is just being a douche.

Yea... its basically a Scorched Earth mentality. "I can't have it my way so NO ONE can have it!"

Where's my Mammoth Tank...
  • Options
    kblskbls Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    TRIBBLE the kid, how bad are the people who run the game that some kid, in high school at best, can take down their system?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    rattler2 wrote: »

Its not that simple sov. A DDoS is basically Zerg Rushing the servers from multiple locations. Best they can do is batten down the hatches, ride it out, and patch up the lines until this prick's bored or busted.

I know what a DDoS is and how hard it is to stop, but Trendy said what she said. I expect results.

So much for professionalism... >_>
  • Options
    kbls wrote: »
    TRIBBLE the kid, how bad are the people who run the game that some kid, in high school at best, can take down their system?

You don't understand the nature of what's happening. This is the equivelent of a Zerg Rush from multiple locations. There really isn't much that can be done to stop it. You can't really stop a traffic jam can you?
  • Options
    I'm not sure what is more sad: a guy that feels the need to cyber attack a video game for some imagined slight, or people who act like it is the end of the world. Both are pretty sad TBH :/

I'm not saying it's the end of the world. As I write this I'm back and forth with playing another game. But I still think it's a douchy move on their part because bringing down the servers is how this git gets his jollies. Meanwhile those of us who would like to relax and play a little STO are left in the lurch.
  • Options
    nikkobrisbanenikkobrisbane Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    This guy seriously needs mental help. HE is a small penised little man with no friends or life.
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Yeah know.... with all the money we spend on the NSA and " Cybersecurity" we get this pr!ck ANNOUNCING he's attacking a game server and they do nothing? I am the LAST person to WANT the guberment to come riding in and save the day.. but this has been going for what.. a year on and off? Maybe we should call Anonymous and them take care of him.
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    lastmaxstandinglastmaxstanding Member Posts: 18 Arc User

Thank you for covering the important thing.

personally-i-find-atheists-just-as-annoying-as-fundamentalist-christians-well-the-important-thing-is-youve-found-a-way-to-feel-superior-to-both-xkcd.png
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    This a reminder that I still expect people to follow the Community Rules and Policies. Frustration is understandable, but flaming and outright threats or comments of violence are not.