test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who would you pick to play...

steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
edited February 2015 in Ten Forward
Let us say the oft-desired return to television of Trek finally happens. Of those actors who have never been on Trek (at least in a major or important secondary role), regardless of gender, who would you pick as best fit to be the next important...

1. Klingon?
2. Ferengi?
3. Cardassian?
4. Vulcan?
5. Andorian?
6. Tellerite?
7. Orion?
8. Starfleet Admiral (regardless of species)?
9. Non-human who serves as a study of humanity (like Spock or Data)?
10. Any other species/type to which you really wish to link a specific actor?
Post edited by steamwright on

Comments

• Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't know why buy I'd totally see Kristen bell as an andorian...and Ron pearlman as a Klingon
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Let us say the oft-desired return to television of Trek finally happens. Of those actors who have never been on Trek (at least in a major or important secondary role), regardless of gender, who would you pick as best fit to be the next important...

1. Klingon?
    2. Ferengi?
    3. Cardassian?
    4. Vulcan?
    5. Andorian?
    6. Tellerite?
    7. Orion?

1. Tony Todd
    2. Jason Alexander
    3. Michael Fassbender
    4. Jennifer Lawrence
    5. Vin Diesel
    6. Peter Dinklage
    7. Mila Kunis
    8. Dame Judi Dench
    9. Joaquin Phoenix
    10. Sir Ian McKellan (Romulan Senator)
    10b. Tatiyana Maslany (as anything)
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. Klingon? - Adam Baldwin
    2. Ferengi? - Karen Gillan
    3. Cardassian? - Felicia Day
    4. Vulcan? - Jewel Staite
    5. Andorian? - Alan Tudyk
    6. Tellerite? - Sean Maher
    7. Orion? - Morena Baccarin
    8. Starfleet Admiral (regardless of species)? - Nathan Fillion
    9. Non-human who serves as a study of humanity (like Spock or Data)? - Summer Glau
    10. Any other species/type to which you really wish to link a specific actor? - Gina Torres
    - Ron Glass
    - Neil Patrick Harris

:eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    garaks31 wrote: »
    1. Klingon? - Adam Baldwin
    2. Ferengi? - Karen Gillan
    3. Cardassian? - Felicia Day
    4. Vulcan? - Jewel Staite
    5. Andorian? - Alan Tudyk
    6. Tellerite? - Sean Maher
    7. Orion? - Morena Baccarin
    8. Starfleet Admiral (regardless of species)? - Nathan Fillion
    9. Non-human who serves as a study of humanity (like Spock or Data)? - Summer Glau
    10. Any other species/type to which you really wish to link a specific actor? - Gina Torres
    - Ron Glass

:eek:

Did somebody really like Firefly ? :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    You'd waste Jennifer Lawrences amazing talent and charisma to play an emotionless beeing?
    She's probably the most unfitting person to play a Vulcan I know...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    You'd waste Jennifer Lawrences amazing talent and charisma to play an emotionless beeing?
    She's probably the most unfitting person to play a Vulcan I know...

I feel that Vulcans are not "emotionless" beings.
    It is precisely because of her amazing talent that I think there might be no one better to portray a being who lives with emotion and has learned to supress those impulses and live logically. Different folks, different opinions. But at least we seem to agree on her amazing talent :)

I must say, RevanDarklighter, I totally agree that Ron Pearlman would be an amazing Klingon.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Jewel Staite as a Trill?

She was awesome as Kaylee on Firefly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For a Vulcan, I nominate the oft-maligned Keanu Reeves. Like Leonard Nimoy, he isn't believable when required to emote, but beyond that is a good actor.

And I think I'd really like to see Samuel L. Jackson as a Klingon general.

Jeffrey Combs as - well, damn near anything, really.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    For a Vulcan, I nominate the oft-maligned Keanu Reeves. Like Leonard Nimoy, he isn't believable when required to emote, but beyond that is a good actor.

Couldn't agree more. Though if you look far enough into his films, he has done some really great work. "The Gift" released in 2000 comes to mind.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2015

1. Klingon?
    2. Ferengi?
    3. Cardassian?
    4. Vulcan?
    5. Andorian?
    6. Tellerite?
    7. Orion?

1. The Rock. Female? I'd say Michelle Rodriguez. EDIT: Jonsills is right, Samuel L. Jackson would be brilliant.
    2. Peter Dinklage. Female? No clue.
    3. Nathan Fillion. Gina Torres.
    4. No clue for male, but Morena Baccarin could be good as a female Vulcan. EDIT: Jonsills is right, Keanu could be good.
    5. Chiwetel Ejiofor. Gina Torres.
    6. Alan Tudyk? Jewel Staite.
    7. Adam Baldwin, Morena Baccarin.
    8. Sir Ian McKellen for a good one, Sir Patrick Stewart for an Admiral Evil because he deserves the shot. Samuel L. Jackson for an active Admiral.
    9. Peter Capaldi, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Summer Glau.
    10. Chiwetel Ejiofor could be anything at least adequately. But he'd really shine as an emotional character, preferably a badass. As jonsills said, Jeffrey Combs is awesome at everything.
  • Options
    saihung423saihung423 Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would choose number seven. An Onion.

And a FULL onion mind you, not some cheesey half onion half turnip thing.

I would make the Universe cry in their cereal.
  • Options
    cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    William Shatner in every role, including background characters and guest stars.

And how would you propose this idea, cloning machines :D

Star Trek: William Shatner
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    saihung423saihung423 Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Whoops. I misunderstood everything. My bad.

p.s. 120 seconds is too long between posts. I'm not made of time here. I'm made of bacon. And scrapple.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited February 2015

1. Klingon?
    2. Ferengi?
    3. Cardassian?
    4. Vulcan?
    5. Andorian?
    6. Tellerite?
    7. Orion?

1) Christopher Judge ('Indeed')
    3) Claudia Black (Oh, come on, don't tell me you couldn't see Vala Mal Doran as a Cardassian!)
    4) Tony Amendola (Something about his portrayals of wise characters)
    5) Claudia Christian ('Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And, if anything like this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!')
    8) Edward James Olmos (His portrayal of Admiral Adama excellently conveys an experienced veteran to me.)

As for the others, I got nadda.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Sir Patrick Stewart for an Admiral Evil because he deserves the shot

You realise we're supposed to portray people who have never touched Trek in a significant way before, right? ;)

Which, unfortunately, means Jeffrey Coombs is also out. Damn.
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. Klingon - Terry Crews
    2. Ferengi - Aaron Stanford
    3. Cardassian - Lisa Barbuscia
    4. Vulcan - Justin Long
    5. Andorian - James Marsden
    6. Tellerite - Seth Rogen
    7. Orion - Dwayne Johnson
    8. Starfleet Admiral (regardless of species) - Jenny Agutter
    9. Non-human who serves as a study of humanity (like Spock or Data) - (Wouldn't cast, as it's been done already)
    10. Any other species/type to which you really wish to link a specific actor - Peta Wilson as a Pentaxian (she was my original inspiration for the species... :wub: :wub: )
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ryan218 wrote: »
    1) Christopher Judge ('Indeed')
    3) Claudia Black (Oh, come on, don't tell me you couldn't see Vala Mal Doran as a Cardassian!)
    4) Tony Amendola (Something about his portrayals of wise characters)
    5) Claudia Christian ('Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And, if anything like this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!')
    8) Edward James Olmos (His portrayal of Admiral Adama excellently conveys an experienced veteran to me.)

As for the others, I got nadda.

I always used him as the mental template for Marcus' Vulcan Master, Sovak :cool:
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't know enough actors to put out a serious response, so picture this:

1. Klingon: Johnny Depp.
    2. Ferengi: Johnny Depp.
    3. Cardassian: Johnny Depp.
    4. Vulcan: Johnny Depp.
    5. Andorian: Johnny Depp.
    6. Tellerite: Johnny Depp.
    7. Orion: Johnny Depp.
    8. Starfleet Admiral (regardless of species: Johnny Depp.
    9. Non-human who serves as a study of humanity (like Spock or Data): Johnny Depp.
    10. Borg: Johnny Depp.
    11. Horta: Johnny Depp.
    12: Khan: Johnny Depp
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I don't know enough actors to put out a serious response, so picture this:

1. Klingon: Johnny Depp.
    2. Ferengi: Johnny Depp.
    3. Cardassian: Johnny Depp.
    4. Vulcan: Johnny Depp.
    5. Andorian: Johnny Depp.
    6. Tellerite: Johnny Depp.
    7. Orion: Johnny Depp.
    8. Starfleet Admiral (regardless of species: Johnny Depp.
    9. Non-human who serves as a study of humanity (like Spock or Data): Johnny Depp.
    10. Borg: Johnny Depp.
    11. Horta: Johnny Depp.
    12: Khan: Johnny Depp
    The scary thing, is he's a versatile enough actor that he actually could pull off each role... (Although of them all, I think he'd be best as an Andorian or a Vorta :cool: )
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i chose Eddie Murphy for every role and the game trailer has to be: "cryptic presents Eddie Murphy, Eddie Murphy and.... Eddie Murphy???" (funny bits then follow in fast cuts)
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The scary thing, is he's a versatile enough actor that he actually could pull off each role... (Although of them all, I think he'd be best as an Andorian or a Vorta :cool: )

I want to see him as a Horta.

I think that he'd love it. It would be mind-bending as to what sort of nut would shove Johnny Depp into a rock monster suit, but I think it would be so different that he'd have fun in the role.

Gotta say, tho, Vorta Depp would be epic.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ryan218 wrote: »
    You realise we're supposed to portray people who have never touched Trek in a significant way before, right? ;)

Which, unfortunately, means Jeffrey Coombs is also out. Damn.

In that case, so would Ron Perlman, as he played the Reman Viceroy in Nemesis.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Who was so badass he didn't need a name. :D (some material calls him V'Kruk though)

There's a lot of actors who I'd love to see in Star Trek. Will Smith is one. I could easily see him doing a Section 31 role where he half-way plays J.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Right, honestly he was so forgetable there that I... Forgot he was there. Still would make a great klingon.
    Christopher Loyd as a Ferenegie does not work then either.
    Hm....
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Jewel Staite as a Trill?

She was awesome as Kaylee on Firefly.

I still stand by mine. :o
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I want to see him as a Horta.

I think that he'd love it. It would be mind-bending as to what sort of nut would shove Johnny Depp into a rock monster suit, but I think it would be so different that he'd have fun in the role.

Gotta say, tho, Vorta Depp would be epic.
    Yeah, he's commited enough to insist on the rubber suit, not just doing a voice over :D

Vorta Depp would be awesome :cool:
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Right, honestly he was so forgetable there that I... Forgot he was there.
    That means that he didn't touch Trek in a significant fashion, right? So he's still up for grabs!

I think Hugo Weaving would be better as a Romulan than a Vulcan. He carried off the air of quiet menace quite well in the first Matrix movie. (And what happened to Agent Smith in the following movies wasn't his fault.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    That means that he didn't touch Trek in a significant fashion, right? So he's still up for grabs!

I think Hugo Weaving would be better as a Romulan than a Vulcan. He carried off the air of quiet menace quite well in the first Matrix movie. (And what happened to Agent Smith in the following movies wasn't his fault.)
    Hugo Weaving would do quite well as a variant of the Nero concept.

Hmm... another I think would rock is Summer Glau. Maybe as a Suliban? She does non-humans very well.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg