test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any class changes or rebalancing confirmed?

Comments

• Options
    elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

i wished they could've done class balance changes every week or month... but they arent doin it .. problably they are pushin it for a bigger patch.

Class balances every couple of months is how we got here... let's try something new.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

metalldjt said:

i wished they could've done class balance changes every week or month... but they arent doin it .. problably they are pushin it for a bigger patch.

Class balances every couple of months is how we got here... let's try something new.
    If you want even more bugs ...

They stick to large patches for a reason.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

metalldjt said:

Well we already tried class balance once a year so that's off the table.....

• Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User

Unstoppable wasn't nerfed, it got fixed and by fixed I mean it got fixed the only way they knew how to since the unstop bug is completely beyond their ability reliably replicate let alone fix so that it is WAI.

It was nerfed pretty much, not keeping temp hp after battle is understandable, but limiting it to 30%(or whatever it is) is a smidge too low for my liking...
    And since it's still broken from time to time, I wouldn't call it "fixed".
    The fix you are referring to isn't possible, since they cannot reliably replicate nor understand where in the code it is going wrong. Like I said, they fixed it to the best of their ability but until they understand what is going wrong, you will never get the fix you crave.

My comment still stands :P
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    We are pretty much limited to grinding LoL arti and 3k salvage per run so +1 to the post above.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    deathbeez said:

I hope the nerf them/buff me bickering that's been going on the last couple months doesn't get us another mod6.
    We're all biased and want our preferred classes to be powerful. So our input is going to be 1-sided.

Honesty. A rare creature when discussing "balancing".
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    And when will they be balanced enough, FINALLY, to get us a new Class or Race?

"Balancing needed still" has been the excuse for no new race/class in the game for, what, almost 2 years now - since the advent of the Paladin.

It's getting boooooring...waah.
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    @kemnimtarkas, +1

I want the new class too :p
  • Options
    Can we at least have a hint that the SW is getting serious attention? Not some lazy Band-Aid solution.
  • Options
    reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Can we at least have a hint that the SW is getting serious attention? Not some lazy Band-Aid solution.

Don't worry about it, I am sure the devs would make things workable if not perfect, it has been a while since the SW has had any serious attention though. We can only hope things are ideally balanced at the end of the day for PVE and PVP for all classes with changes confirmed.
  • Options
    dannydark007#2612 dannydark007 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Balance between classes is needed, yes, but let's also not forget internal balance changes between paragon feat trees and paragon paths. Some Ideas:

Healing Specs: DP Light, DC Virtuous, DC Faithful (SW Temptation): All of these need some sort of passive party damage mitigation as part of their capstone: a healer is useless if most of the danger comes from one shot kills... Perhaps it could be something like: Every 360 seconds damage that would normally kill an Ally within 30 ft instead drops them to 5% HP.

Control Specs PVE: CW Oppressor, GWF Instigator, TR Scoundrel: All of these need a +% damage buff on their control powers vs control immune targets in PVE. The +Weapon Damage of the Oppressor is not near enough, it needs to be something like: Your Control powers deal double damage plus extra damage determined by your Control Bonus (+1% per 10 Control Bonus Stat) against control immune targets as part of the Capstone. (Note: I did not include the HR Trapper here because they are already the premier PVE Spec for that class.)

Others: These are the specs that are never played in PVE they need something to make them viable:

GW Sentinel: The GWF Tank Spec, needs to actually be able to fulfill that role. Doubling the Mitigation of Living Wall would be a start for the party plus he actually needs to be able to take a hit from Orcus w/o falling dead since he has no at will shield like a GF or Prot Pally... Perhaps: You gain a percentage of the damage you deal as stacking Temp HP as part of the Capstone to work as a buffer.

HR Archery: Needs to do competitive damage with Trapper, probably with a single target focus. Increase Prey to a 60% bonus and add: In Addition, your Prey does 10% less damage to you.

HR Combat: Always in close and dangerous needs more survival and more damage: Blade Hurricane: Reduce the once every 5 seconds limit on Flurry to once per second. Battle Crazed also adds Deflect = to the Life Steal bonus. Fluid Hunter adds 1/2/3/4/5 Deflect.

SW Temptation: The Utility Spec: A big boost to native lifesteal plus more actual party utility is needed: Aura of Despair: Add Allies within 30’ deal 1/2/3/4/5% more damage. Aura of Cruelty: Add Enemies within 30’ take 1/2/3/4/5% more Damage. (Increase all effects to 30’ for both) Darkness: Make the damage reduction universal, not just personal. Soul Bonding (Capstone): Add: Additionally your Life Steal chance is increased by 15%.

TR: Whisper Knife PVE: A just out of melee range spec that does viable damage in PVE would be nice: Dagger Threat (Class Feature): Does +5/10/15/20% within 20’ and +2.5/5/7.5/10% more damage at any range. Disheartening Strike (At Will): Reduce the Damage they deal to everyone (not just you). Vengeance Pursuit (Encounter): Remove The target deals reduced damage and ADD: the target takes increased damage of 3/6/9/12% from all sources. Razor Action (Class Feature): Increase the base damage. Hateful Knives (Daily): Add: and refills your Stamina. (So you can roll out of melee.) Advantageous Position: Make the 20% damage reduction universal not just ranged.

TR Saboteur: One with Shadows (Capstone): change One with Shadows from every 15 Seconds to: Every time you deal critical damage outside of stealth you refill 5% of your Stealth Meter. When you Enter Stealth you gain One with Shadows: All your powers deal 20% increased damage while in stealth and for 10 seconds after leaving stealth.

TR Scoundrel: Skull Cracker (Capstone): change from every 15 Seconds to: The first Encounter power you use after leaving Stealth now also Dazes the target(s). In Addition when your stealth meter is empty you dealt 25% more damage. This bonus diminishes as you fill your stealth meter.

Just some thoughts...
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

Honesty. A rare creature when discussing "balancing".

Especially on this forum. I don't agree with how this forum deals with it.
    ghoulz66 said:

This should be #1 on the 'balancing' agenda since the day Cryptic changed life-steal.

• Options
    reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    No one I know uses warding flare and Geas in dungeons and Skirmishes... I use to use warding flare at dread ring skirmish it was ok to use once in a while. Maybe could use some tweaking in cool down and effect for DC geas and warding flare?
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Balance between classes is needed, yes, but let's also not forget internal balance changes between paragon feat trees and paragon paths. Some Ideas:

Healing Specs: DP Light, DC Virtuous, DC Faithful (SW Temptation): All of these need some sort of passive party damage mitigation as part of their capstone: a healer is useless if most of the danger comes from one shot kills... Perhaps it could be something like: Every 360 seconds damage that would normally kill an Ally within 30 ft instead drops them to 5% HP.

Control Specs PVE: CW Oppressor, GWF Instigator, TR Scoundrel: All of these need a +% damage buff on their control powers vs control immune targets in PVE. The +Weapon Damage of the Oppressor is not near enough, it needs to be something like: Your Control powers deal double damage plus extra damage determined by your Control Bonus (+1% per 10 Control Bonus Stat) against control immune targets as part of the Capstone. (Note: I did not include the HR Trapper here because they are already the premier PVE Spec for that class.)

Others: These are the specs that are never played in PVE they need something to make them viable:

GW Sentinel: The GWF Tank Spec, needs to actually be able to fulfill that role. Doubling the Mitigation of Living Wall would be a start for the party plus he actually needs to be able to take a hit from Orcus w/o falling dead since he has no at will shield like a GF or Prot Pally... Perhaps: You gain a percentage of the damage you deal as stacking Temp HP as part of the Capstone to work as a buffer.

HR Archery: Needs to do competitive damage with Trapper, probably with a single target focus. Increase Prey to a 60% bonus and add: In Addition, your Prey does 10% less damage to you.

HR Combat: Always in close and dangerous needs more survival and more damage: Blade Hurricane: Reduce the once every 5 seconds limit on Flurry to once per second. Battle Crazed also adds Deflect = to the Life Steal bonus. Fluid Hunter adds 1/2/3/4/5 Deflect.

SW Temptation: The Utility Spec: A big boost to native lifesteal plus more actual party utility is needed: Aura of Despair: Add Allies within 30’ deal 1/2/3/4/5% more damage. Aura of Cruelty: Add Enemies within 30’ take 1/2/3/4/5% more Damage. (Increase all effects to 30’ for both) Darkness: Make the damage reduction universal, not just personal. Soul Bonding (Capstone): Add: Additionally your Life Steal chance is increased by 15%.

TR: Whisper Knife PVE: A just out of melee range spec that does viable damage in PVE would be nice: Dagger Threat (Class Feature): Does +5/10/15/20% within 20’ and +2.5/5/7.5/10% more damage at any range. Disheartening Strike (At Will): Reduce the Damage they deal to everyone (not just you). Vengeance Pursuit (Encounter): Remove The target deals reduced damage and ADD: the target takes increased damage of 3/6/9/12% from all sources. Razor Action (Class Feature): Increase the base damage. Hateful Knives (Daily): Add: and refills your Stamina. (So you can roll out of melee.) Advantageous Position: Make the 20% damage reduction universal not just ranged.

TR Saboteur: One with Shadows (Capstone): change One with Shadows from every 15 Seconds to: Every time you deal critical damage outside of stealth you refill 5% of your Stealth Meter. When you Enter Stealth you gain One with Shadows: All your powers deal 20% increased damage while in stealth and for 10 seconds after leaving stealth.

TR Scoundrel: Skull Cracker (Capstone): change from every 15 Seconds to: The first Encounter power you use after leaving Stealth now also Dazes the target(s). In Addition when your stealth meter is empty you dealt 25% more damage. This bonus diminishes as you fill your stealth meter.

Just some thoughts...

Wow - for a first post, you've checked quite a few boxes on my balance list. Nicely done danny.

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    morenthar said:

@dannydark007#2612

Dude, you just nailed down a lot of stuff.

I strongly agree. Nice work.

(@terramak - that post is seriously worth passing on to your combat designers, please and thank you)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    johnjohniiijohnjohniii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 108 Arc User
    any game that gives the freedom this game does is going to make balance an issue. can my 3k cw compete dps with my gwf... not really. but can my cw make dungeons WAY easier by locking down enemies.... yes it can. i think an earlier post had it right with getting rid of the bugs. prime example, sw's glitch taking down bosses in a few seconds. that's why people are asking for sw in cn... they can't beat it without a bug.
    fix bugs, new classes... i'd love it!
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Should be a blog on class balance next week. The major changes are going to the SW, HR and the GF.

I do want to say that complete class balance will almost never happen in any game. I'm a huge fighting game fan myself, which is a genre that relies the heaviest on a balanced roster of fighters, but at the end, a tier list always pops up with some characters performing better than others. Can we get closer to a more balanced game? Sure! I hope the changes do just that.

They should also go on Preview pretty soon for everyone to test.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2016

I do want to say that complete class balance will almost never happen in any game.

this is what i wanna read!!!! so we can push "restart NCL" button soon, right?

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, kinda worried you're going to turn the GF into a damage absorbing snail that hits no harder than the OP.

GF only needs tweaks in a couple areas, hardly serious attention. TR's DHS gets reduced damage in pvp, so applying that to the GF in pvp easily solves that problem. Tone down the buffs some and there you have it.
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User

Should be a blog on class balance next week.

Can I have the date for the blog, please?
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Yeah, kinda worried you're going to turn the GF into a damage absorbing snail that hits no harder than the OP.

GF only needs tweaks in a couple areas, hardly serious attention. TR's DHS gets reduced damage in pvp, so applying that to the GF in pvp easily solves that problem. Tone down the buffs some and there you have it.

I really do hope they don't decrease the GF damage itself. Buffs are the major problem at the moment in making content trivial and needs to be addressed. I have a buff/debuff GF and it already takes me aeons to kill Baphomet with a striker companion. I agree that there are monster GFs out there doing insane damage in both pve and pvp and that should not be happening with a tank class. One could argue that the GWF should therefore be able to tank with the appropriate tree without any issues, just as the GF is able to do massive damage.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Everybody that use bondng pets with sudden rings and combined it with ITF on steroids deal sick dmg. Not only GWFs. eLoL set no longer makes huge gap between classes. If you compare it to HRs who can perma root and keep us dazed/stunned... imagine them with serious dmg buff. People wont even have chance without using t. elven. Even now DoTs on ITF can hurt badly.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

I agree that there are monster GFs out there doing insane damage in both pve and pvp and that should not be happening with a tank class. One could argue that the GWF should therefore be able to tank with the appropriate tree without any issues, just as the GF is able to do massive damage.

Except most GWFs are already convinced that damage is everything for them. Even if they fix the tree to tank, it won't be used.