test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonus rewards when charging Zen

eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
So I saw this listed on the official post:
"If you charge in any tier, you’ll receive all items in the tiers below, so charging $20, will grant you both the Zhentarim Warlock and the Neverwintan Noble Title."

But this is not the case when you go to claim your rewards. I purchased $20 which gave me 2400rp, I claimed the Warlock companion and now my balance is at 400rp but the title costs 1000rp.

Comments

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    You probably have to wait a week for the rest and HOPE that they didnt have a typo this time that they try to fix after the event is done.....
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The ad for charge rewards (here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10282283 ) says
    "If you charge in any tier, you’ll receive all items in the tiers below, so charging $20, will grant you both the Zhentarim Warlock and the Neverwintan Noble Title."

However, when you actually *go* to the page to redeem charge rewards (here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/rewards ) you're given "points" to spend, and unlocking a tier DOES NOT unlock the lower tiers in-game, and there aren't enough points to unlock all the tiers you've earned.

(eg if you charged $20, you would receive 2000 RP. This is enough to unlock the Zhentarim Warlock. However, unlocking the Zhentarim Warlock costs all 2000 RP, leaving you without the additional 1000 RP required to unlock the Neverwintan Noble Title. So even the specific example given in the ad doesn't work)

• Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    So... where are all my other goodies.. only see the ice panther on claim, everything else is missing.
    Please address and respond. Sigh.
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

The ad for charge rewards (here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10282283 ) says

However, when you actually *go* to the page to redeem charge rewards (here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/rewards ) you're given "points" to spend, and unlocking a tier DOES NOT unlock the lower tiers in-game, and there aren't enough points to unlock all the tiers you've earned.

(eg if you charged $20, you would receive 2000 RP. This is enough to unlock the Zhentarim Warlock. However, unlocking the Zhentarim Warlock costs all 2000 RP, leaving you without the additional 1000 RP required to unlock the Neverwintan Noble Title. So even the specific example given in the ad doesn't work)

It doesn't matter they edited the page and took out the comment about being granted all lower tier items. That's their "fix" lol.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone, just a quick note to say that I'll look into this on our end. The people on call have to prioritize technical game breaking stuff so I may not have any more info until Monday but I didn't want to leave this without acknowledgement.
  • Options
    revelskerevelske Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    It seems that the news page has updated the "receive all items in the tier below" line with "Reward Points expire, so be sure to redeem them during the promotional period."

This is concerning, I don't so much mind the new reward system as much as the plain and simple false advertising/bait and switch, this is not to mention how the tiers for Icy Panther and Owlbear were switched around too a while after the news post was made. Do hope this is addressed soon.
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    I misread it going the other way: I thought I had to claim going from tier 1 to 3. So as others have noticed once I purchased the lower levels I could not afford the $50 bonus. I'll refrain from claiming them at the agent just in case this complicates things further.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    melinden said:

I misread it going the other way: I thought I had to claim going from tier 1 to 3. So as others have noticed once I purchased the lower levels I could not afford the $50 bonus. I'll refrain from claiming them at the agent just in case this complicates things further.

Yeah, if you did that then the example would be even worse: Instead of getting the Warlock and not the title for $20, you'd get the Title and not the Warlock. That would just be sad.
  • Options

Hey everyone, just a quick note to say that I'll look into this on our end. The people on call have to prioritize technical game breaking stuff so I may not have any more info until Monday but I didn't want to leave this without acknowledgement.

Yeah, no worries about it not being fixed on the holiday weekend. I just wanted to flag to you and to other players that it *isn't* working as advertised, so it can get fixed eventually.

Thanks for acknowledging that Cryptic is aware of the problem, at least.
  • Options
    And here we go again. If this gets resolved in 6 months, consider yourself lucky.

Unelievable they cant get this stuff right and think editing the offer after the fact is acceptable....
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Hey guys,

It seems there was a huge misunderstanding over here about the way this particular charge reward functioned. We edited it out, but we're discussing what needs to be done for people who charged Zen under the impression get you all items below. I'll have a better response once we're back from the holidays.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    murphystoutmurphystout Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Spent maximum but no ice panther. 10,000 points short. This is unacceptable. Opened ticket.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    The last one with the death slaad was much cooler.
  • Options
    slevinthegreyslevinthegrey Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thought I had lost my mind, could not find this on the site anymore "If you charge in any tier, you’ll receive all items in the tiers below, so charging $20, will grant you both the Zhentarim Warlock and the Neverwintan Noble Title."

Was a influence on spending the $ on it. Guess we shall see how it ends up
  • Options
    Guys...this happens evey single time it seems that you run one of these types of promos. Either its a problem with things being delivered, copy and paste errors..or just flat out falsehoods.

You have got to get your stuff together. Promotions like this should be discussed with all parties and everyone on the same page weeks beforehand.

In a normal company, this would be reason enough for people being fired, especially with the consistency it happens.

This is real money people..people should be able to expect better or at least to get what was advertised.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    "get all of the tiers beneath it too . . . "

Ya almost had me. This keeps happening so, as baldy said, it's either miscommunication that could/should have been remedied or you're changing things after the fact. Either way, not cool.

As for the only people on call being there for game-breaking issues, if I'd dropped $200 and didn't get what was promised, I'd call that a game-breaker. I think any honest person would.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I appreciate that there are responses here.
    There is only one acceptable solution, honor the promo as it was originally stated at least through when it was changed with a suitable grace period. Or refund all our money and let us keep our zen.

Thank you again for a speedy response, both of you for acknowledging this happening without us having to start posting screenshots (which I have, btw, I seem to have trust issues for some reason...)

Let's be clear, unless people started spending points on lower items, *WE* did not misunderstand the promo, this is pretty clear: "If you charge in any tier, you’ll receive all items in the tiers below, so charging $20, will grant you both the Zhentarim Warlock and the Neverwintan Noble Title."

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Not that I can afford it, but is the Ice Panther a companion or a mount??? For that kind of cash I'd like a Cambion Magus.
  • Options
    quesci#7405 quesci Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    > @santralafax said:
    > Not that I can afford it, but is the Ice Panther a companion or a mount??? For that kind of cash I'd like a Cambion Magus.

"Ice Panther – A new addition for all mount collectors, this feline has a chilly coat fit for travel through areas like Icewind Dale, especially when winter is coming."
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Wait what...they changed the text now?
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User

I appreciate that there are responses here.
    There is only one acceptable solution, honor the promo as it was originally stated at least through when it was changed with a suitable grace period. Or refund all our money and let us keep our zen.

Thank you again for a speedy response, both of you for acknowledging this happening without us having to start posting screenshots (which I have, btw, I seem to have trust issues for some reason...)

Let's be clear, unless people started spending points on lower items, *WE* did not misunderstand the promo, this is pretty clear: "If you charge in any tier, you’ll receive all items in the tiers below, so charging $20, will grant you both the Zhentarim Warlock and the Neverwintan Noble Title."

I DO agree, but not sure about "at least through when it was changed with a suitable grace period. " would be interpreted. For instance, I read the announcement almost immediately, but didn't go immediately to buy the zen. When I read it, it had the original wording. Since previous charge rewards have always been handled this way (get everything in all the tiers below), this is one of the few times I haven't taken a screen shot. :(

Anyway, my point is - I read the email, made a note to self, decided to purchase zen, went to the web page and purchased it. Nothing on the charge page said anything about the promotion, not sure when the wording was changed relative to my purchase. In fact, I found out where to claim the items from a post on Reddit, I would have just gone to the rewards claim agent and wondered what was going on.

I haven't claimed anything, hoping that @nitocris83 and @strumslinger can get this sorted out and that it doesn't take a 6 months or more like the last "description was wrong" changed promo.

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Guys...this happens evey single time it seems that you run one of these types of promos. Either its a problem with things being delivered, copy and paste errors..or just flat out falsehoods.

You have got to get your stuff together. Promotions like this should be discussed with all parties and everyone on the same page weeks beforehand.

In a normal company, this would be reason enough for people being fired, especially with the consistency it happens.

This is real money people..people should be able to expect better or at least to get what was advertised.

Their solution to this problem just makes it look like they didn't want to work during the holiday.

Not that I can afford it, but is the Ice Panther a companion or a mount??? For that kind of cash I'd like a Cambion Magus.

This is the other reason I don't see why they wouldn't include all the lower tiers if you hit a higher tier. All the rewards are garbage.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Really, are you pulling this HAMSTER again?

Didn't learn much from the doing the same thing with the BtA Companion promo earlier?

Or when you bait & switched Xbox players with the Coalescent wards?

Someone needs to step up their game, literally...
  • Options
    freyrofvanirfreyrofvanir Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I also noticed the change.... I topped up before they changed the wording.... I would like the rest of my items.... Why would you want cheat your customers?

This is some EA style bait and switch garbage.
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    Considering that each time that they do a "charge reward" they have this kind of "typo" advertising something and then giving you less than advertised people should already know to never trust on these scams. Each time is same thing, same excuse and same solution, basically the people pay thinking they get something, PWI keep the money and you get banned if you charge back, you will never get what they promise and they just change the text of the promo and say "oops, my mistake". I guess new people can be scammed by this, by I'm surprize that old players still fall by this trick.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I agree that the promo should be honoured as originally written. Previous promotions of this type have worked on a similar principle, in that lower rewards were included, too.

I'd like all the mounts, to be honest, but right now, it's apparently not going to happen...
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    cdnbison said:

I agree that the promo should be honoured as originally written. Previous promotions of this type have worked on a similar principle, in that lower rewards were included, too.

I'd like all the mounts, to be honest, but right now, it's apparently not going to happen...

Yeah really, I'm pretty surprised they changed the text, what does it cost them? The same promo in Startrek Online was whacked and now it's fixed, and yes everyone is getting all the lower tiers if they buy the higher tier. Why mess with NWO-PC like this? Does Cryptic just like hate?
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    FFS, there is no reason to NOT honor the original concept, these are all DIGITAL, and in most cases pure vanity items.

It's not like some poor herder in Bryn Shander is running a hundred Panthers short, and is trying to explain to his family that they are going bancrupt due to him not being able to fulfill an order from Cryptic...

Also, if by the grace of Tymora, some players, after all that has happened (and not happened) in this game are still willing to give you 200$US for digital goods, I for one would gladly honor the original deal...