test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SKT's Maintenance [10/18] (Complete - Read for Error Info)

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter will undergo its Storm King's Thunder maintenance on 10/18 at 7AM PT for roughly two hours.

Storm into the patch notes here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/10210943-patch-notes:-storm-king's-thunder-&-guilds-alliances

The Firemane Lockbox also roars in tomorrow: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/10202003-the-firemane-lockbox-roars-in!

Update, 9:00am PDT:
Maintenance has been extended until 9:30am PDT. The errors with the update (CE-38612-0 & CE-33284-0) are part of the reason for the maintenance extension. "It is known." Neverwinter is coming.

Update, 9:16am PDT:
Maintenance is complete. While some players are able currently able to get in, we are aware of the "Cannot start the application. (CE-38612-0)" error that occurs when updating Neverwinter on PlayStation®4. We are currently in communication with Sony to attempt to resolve this. We are testing potential workarounds, and will update the community as we verify them.

Update, 10:37am PTD: It is possible to work around this issue by completely re-downloading and reinstalling the game. However, the size of the game (over 10 GB) may cause this to take several hours - or days - depending on connection speed. As we explore other options, a faster resolution may be discovered, but once a re-download has started, it has to finish in order to play the game. By using this workaround, a player has to commit to a large download.

Dracarys.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    ramongel#4626 ramongel Member Posts: 4 New User
    Times up why isn't it working yet
  • Options
    lethale123lethale123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Times up why isn't it working yet

there's still another hour bud >.>
  • Options
    ramongel#4626 ramongel Member Posts: 4 New User
    i life in the netherlands it sad that it would be over at 16:00
  • Options
    drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    The times are always estimates. Sometimes it's done earlier and sometimes it takes longer. It stinks waiting but hopefully it will be worth it.
  • Options
    corbry2011#7592 corbry2011 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hello, one question i installed 2.0 but now my screen is freezing, it will not go on anymore..mmm maybe some ideas...is this the new update grrr ??
  • Options
    luckytwoseven#7419 luckytwoseven Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    The app says it updated to version 2.0 but when I launch it doesn't make it to the "Play" screen and crashes. There's also an error that it can't download. If it's updated what needs downloading still?
  • Options
    vinspearvinspear Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yeah having the same issues. Figured there would be issues but hats off to not making it through the door lol can't wait for this dungeon glitch'a'thon! Glad to see its not just me
  • Options
    marrow1971#7990 marrow1971 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Just installed Storm King on PS4, now the application won't start. I get Tiamat loading screen, but then blue screen and message "cannot start application". Is this because maintenance is still going on, or should I reinstall the game?

Google says I'm not the only one with this problem.
  • Options
    eddostar#8384 eddostar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same over here. Ps4 error code ce-38612-0
  • Options
    marrow1971#7990 marrow1971 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Oh yeah, plus the notification "cannot download". Assuming that it's because the server is not talking back yet, but some dev confirmation would be appreciated.
  • Options
    quenvin#6266 quenvin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Getting the same errors as mentioned above. Hope to see some fixes to existing dungeon content, but I understand the need for new content. Hoping this patch works and they will not have to roll it back to fix and try again a month from now. *knock on wood*

Update: Deleted Neverwinter from my PS4. Downloading again now, we will see how it looks 3 hours from now.
    Post edited by quenvin#6266 on
  • Options
    ulthgrimulthgrim Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Servers are probably still down for maintenance while the download is available, probably why you cannot connect to the game yet and are getting said error code
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Update, 9:00am PDT:
    Maintenance has been extended until 9:30am PDT. The errors with the update (CE-38612-0 & CE-33284-0) are part of the reason for the maintenance extension. "It is known." Neverwinter is coming.
  • Options
    orb#6141 orb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Yup, same error here. Am able to get into other online games, but tried resetting my Internet connection anyway. Still no go.
  • Options
    takhisis#6840 takhisis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    For the reference, same issue but my error code is: CE-33284-0. PS4 wiki says it's file size issue related. Don't know better. Edit: Zebular already mentions this exact error code. TY for quick response regarding this.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info zebular.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Update, 9:16am PDT:
    Maintenance is complete. While some players are able currently able to get in, we are aware of the "Cannot start the application. (CE-38612-0)" error that occurs when updating Neverwinter on PlayStation®4. We are currently in communication with Sony to attempt to resolve this. We are testing potential workarounds, and will update the community as we verify them.

Dracarys.
  • Options
    dieselbob3dieselbob3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Whenever you get the can not load on a game like this, it generally means the log in servers are shutdown. In NwN that is pretty much 100 percent of the time when you get that error unless your ps4 corrupted and no games load.
  • Options
    ophelia#3979 ophelia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I had to reinstall my game because you guys at Neverwinter posted a 9:00 am porblem at 12 noon. I tried to play the game at 11:00 am but it did work. Will I loose all my progress becuase I had to download it again.

I have the trophy for Paragon Hero Level 30. So what do I need to do now? or who do I need to speak to to reclaim my rank if the game does not save my progress through last PSN logout.
  • Options
    ratchetjaw10#5258 ratchetjaw10 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Of course my day off planned on this for a couple weeks and I get the error code LOL.
  • Options
    thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    First of all. My first download just completed and immediately a second one started and failed. I never tried to launch the game during the maintenance until just now. Game says it cannot load and the download says cannot download. So it isn't just people who tried to launch during the maintenance.

CE-33284-0 will not download.
  • Options
    Let's hope for fast fix, this isn't something i want from game i've invested a lot of money in to.
  • Options
    Yeah, I have an extra Neverwinter download in my download list, aside from the 2.00 version (that downloaded and installed). All the extra one says is Neverwinter and Cannot Download. Seems to try to download every time I've started the game, as the "minutes ago" tag is refreshed when I load the game. Well, when I try to load the game.

Hope this is fixed soon. I too cleared my day especially for this. :(
  • Options
    thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    Yep, game down = no revenue. People were really looking forward to this. I hope it gets fixed ASAP. Right now I have a bad feeling I may not be playing Neverwinter today.
  • Options
    awilrayneawilrayne Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same problem, omg :(
  • Options
    danibcn37#5378 danibcn37 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    For I am one of those affected entering the game tells me the following application can not start, error code 38612-0
  • Options
    It's possible we need to install whole game again. But i want official answer to this issue asap. Also i'd like to make sure the caracters i have won't dissapear. For some reason the game saves in PS4+ cloud service were 2 days old.
  • Options
    digitalskillz#1671 digitalskillz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Just downloaded and installed patch 2.0 and now CE-38612-0 when I try to start.
  • Options
    dieselbob3dieselbob3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I hate to say this but on PC every major mod had bugs like this and in this case it appears to be an issue with PSN log in server communicating with the game. Even more fun for us ps plus users to know our extra 10 US dollars will be spent wisely ensuring compatibility issues like this do not rise... sigh. A gamer can dream right?

Edit- Wanted to add that I do not look forward to this given last time PSN crashed it took them(sony) 3 days to fix it. Looks like its time to play some Fallout 4 or something again :).
  • Options
    edited October 2016

It's possible we need to install whole game again. But i want official answer to this issue asap. Also i'd like to make sure the caracters i have won't dissapear. For some reason the game saves in PS4+ cloud service were 2 days old.

Character data is saved on the server. No character data is saved on your computer or console. Regardless, you shouldn't need to reinstall. When Sony resolves the issue, you'll be able to log in on or update your current installation. There's no guarantee that a reinstall will fix it anyway, you could just end up with the same update error as before.
This discussion has been closed.