test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How long is it supposed to take to Unlock Fangbreaker's Island?

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I still think it would be more reasonable around the 15% mark.. makes you get some of it, but not so crazy out there for all of your alts.

• Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @silverkelt agreed: NW needs to shift to being more alt friendly as a whole.
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@silverkelt agreed: NW needs to shift to being more alt friendly as a whole.

Agreed, it comes to a point in your neverwinter career when you either make an alt or find an alt game.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    qexotic said:

Even the 2% for the new soup is only going to be available to a limited number of players due to the requirement to be in a guild and the level of guild needed for it to be in the SH store.

Like every other SH food, the EF-resist soup comes in 5 ranks and the least of them is available as soon as you build a market, which admittedly takes some doing, but if you're even a tiny bit serious about leading a guild, you're going to make it happen.

The EF-resist on the soup is a fixed value for all ranks, and the higher quality ones only increase the amount of HP (I think second stat was HP?) for using them. And I think the majority of players who are interested in and capable of running Fangbreaker are likely to be in guilds to support their dungeoneering desires. I don't think this is a major restriction, viewed pragmatically. (Though using this as a way to get enough resistance is an expense people may view grudgingly since guild marks = wealth.)

Have we verified the two EF potions don't stack? There are categories of potions and while potion buffs are not stackable within a category, you can stack two potions with similar effects that are not categorically ruled out. Like the green and blue dragonslayer potions can both be in effect at the same time. Common EF potions can be bought for silver, which is generally not a hardship. The green potions may be the intended sink for TTSupplies dropped in FBI (like dragonslayer consumables being effectively self-sustaining by running heralds). I also think the green potions should be tagged to persist through death.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited August 2016

qexotic said:

Even the 2% for the new soup is only going to be available to a limited number of players due to the requirement to be in a guild and the level of guild needed for it to be in the SH store.

Like every other SH food, the EF-resist soup comes in 5 ranks and the least of them is available as soon as you build a market, which admittedly takes some doing, but if you're even a tiny bit serious about leading a guild, you're going to make it happen.

The EF-resist on the soup is a fixed value for all ranks, and the higher quality ones only increase the amount of HP (I think second stat was HP?) for using them. And I think the majority of players who are interested in and capable of running Fangbreaker are likely to be in guilds to support their dungeoneering desires. I don't think this is a major restriction, viewed pragmatically. (Though using this as a way to get enough resistance is an expense people may view grudgingly since guild marks = wealth.)
    Fair enough. It does still exclude players who are not in guilds and there are some :)

Have we verified the two EF potions don't stack? There are categories of potions and while potion buffs are not stackable within a category, you can stack two potions with similar effects that are not categorically ruled out. Like the green and blue dragonslayer potions can both be in effect at the same time. Common EF potions can be bought for silver, which is generally not a hardship. The green potions may be the intended sink for TTSupplies dropped in FBI (like dragonslayer consumables being effectively self-sustaining by running heralds). I also think the green potions should be tagged to persist through death.

Well, @asterdahl has confirmed that my original total of 32% using the availble items in my list was correct. If you could use two potions at once, that would increase to 37%. So it has to be taken that they do not stack....at least not at present.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Well, @asterdahl has confirmed that my original total of 32% using the availble items in my list was correct. If you could use two potions at once, that would increase to 37%. So it has to be taken that they do not stack....at least not at present.

A reasonable inference, yes. (This does mean the regular potion is easily acquired in quantity.)

-----------------------------------------

For the information of people who haven't seen the cost/stats of the campaign store items, Two30 did post them in a preview thread

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12862991
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    Please stop working against the Devs giving serious gamers ONE good thing in game. FBI looks like it will be that.. can't you all just let us have ONE thing?

If something is easy for casual gamers to do.. it's trivial for Serious gamers. If it can be done by Solo Players.. then grouping for it is pointless... give us ONE thing to be challenged by. Please. One thing that is more than just kill 30 this or 15 that... ot collect 75 whatever.

If it's easy enough for you to get into with your regular gear and beat it... then it's as trivial as the rest of the content.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    qexotic said:

Could @asterdahl please explain why the Everfrost Resistance requirement has been revised upwards to 29% ? The only way to achieve this, without getting the officially non-essential Frostborn Armour, is to get everything on the list(s) I posted previously but to not locate Makos' Signet or not buy and equip one of the undergarment items with an Everfrost Resist Armor Kit.

Also, obtaining the Epic Restorable boots is currently a great way to burn-out players. Zerg running HEs is the only way to obtain them but this is not fun, not enjoyable, not entertaining and a great way to leave players not wanting to continue playing. My experience of this over the last couple of days has given me one set of boots in return for several hours of running around in circles mindlessly killing everything that moved. As a result, today I don't even feel like doing a laid back fishing quest or anything else but I still have two more characters to equip with boots. My natural instinct is to give up and just pick up a couple of Tradebar pieces next week during the 20% sale.

The above post can be condensed into one sentence.

Please give me an easy way to have BIS stuff so I can feel special and pretend I earned something worth having.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Like i've said before... I'd love the option to try to do FBI without everything lined up properly... I don't like being forced into waiting 3 weeks to get into FBI and by that time (after meeting all the reqs to even get in) the dungeons feel more or less mediocre.

Having said that... from my personal experience with probably hundreds of NW gamers over the last 2 years.. I do believe that if the reqs weren't in place to even get into FBI.. they would be an (even more than normal) mass rage quitting of a significant portion of the NW Community.

To all of a sudden realise that everything they've been allowed to do (because of how easy the rest of the game has been) with their minimal input of time and skill and the reward they got from it (more or less being able to dominate all content fairly quickly), these people would hit the brick wall of being roflstomped by Giants 50 times before the first boss and most of them actually being spawn camped by the mobs at the campfire and not being able to progress at all.

Rather than seeing this as poor judgement on their own part or as a challenge to be over come, these people would blame "Craptic" and cry that the Devs are morons and just wanting their money and the only people who can beat FBI are Wallet Warriors etc etc that use their mom's CC. This is how it goes.. everytime. And perhaps the challenge of FBI is enormous... maybe it would seem "broken" by anyone that doesn't have the Everfrost Req needed to (now) even enter FBI. Maybe the Minimum Req is a happy medium between doing excellent in FBI (because they would have to nerf it down to moronic standards) and getting ROFLSTOMPED 100 feet into the instance...

Trust me.. on the Preview Server we had free Relic Gear and lvl 20 guild boons and extra IL etc... and we still got squished.

I don't think that's something that the Devs want to happen to the majority of this community's FICKLE majority. So, the Minimum Reqs are in place to prevent some of the most foolish decisions that players make causing them to rage quit. And in actuality... it's SAD that they have to do that.. but it's GOOD that they may be thinking about such things up front.

• Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    +1000 to the post above
  • Options
    weaver936 said:

qexotic said:

Could @asterdahl please explain why the Everfrost Resistance requirement has been revised upwards to 29% ? The only way to achieve this, without getting the officially non-essential Frostborn Armour, is to get everything on the list(s) I posted previously but to not locate Makos' Signet or not buy and equip one of the undergarment items with an Everfrost Resist Armor Kit.

Also, obtaining the Epic Restorable boots is currently a great way to burn-out players. Zerg running HEs is the only way to obtain them but this is not fun, not enjoyable, not entertaining and a great way to leave players not wanting to continue playing. My experience of this over the last couple of days has given me one set of boots in return for several hours of running around in circles mindlessly killing everything that moved. As a result, today I don't even feel like doing a laid back fishing quest or anything else but I still have two more characters to equip with boots. My natural instinct is to give up and just pick up a couple of Tradebar pieces next week during the 20% sale.

Please give me an easy way to have BIS stuff so I can feel special and pretend I earned something worth having.

Oh really @weaver936 ? I have also been playing NW for almost two years. I have studiously earned every piece of gear I have on my three characters the hard way by grinding it out over many months. I have not taken the easy way or option to obtain any of it. I have taken the time and trouble to build up three useful characters to keep the game interesting and entertaining. Some of the time it is also still fun. I don't know about you but I play games to have fun and be entertained. My second paragraph was a statement about how the current method required to obtain the new Boots is neither fun nor entertaining. Can you honestly tell me that I am wrong in that assessment ?

Getting anything through Zerg runs isn't fun, it is mindless keyboard bashing of the worst kind but it is the only way players will be able to get these boots. I avoid them as much as possible as it is not my idea of entertainment. The only challenge is in maintaining the will to keep playing long enough to get the final RNG driven drop. I put myself through it on this occasion because I can see the boots becoming almost impossible to obtain once the Zergs die out in about a month or so. I already have access to the easy way to get the required gear as I have more than enough Tradebars to simply pick up a set of Frostborn Gear from the Tradebar Store. By continuing on the Storm King campaign, I will gain access to the other items needed and will accumulate enough Voninblod and other currency to buy them from the stores once they are available. That is something I accept in playing NW but this layering of grind on top of further grind combined with NWs awful RNG system is just a step too far. If you do not see it as such, fair enough. That is your prerogative. But do not seek to judge others as wanting an easy life because they have a different opinion to yours.
  • Options
    qexotic said:

weaver936 said:

qexotic said:

Oh really @weaver936 ? I have also been playing NW for almost two years. I have studiously earned every piece of gear I have on my three characters the hard way by grinding it out over many months. I have not taken the easy way or option to obtain any of it. I have taken the time and trouble to build up three useful characters to keep the game interesting and entertaining. Some of the time it is also still fun. I don't know about you but I play games to have fun and be entertained. My second paragraph was a statement about how the current method required to obtain the new Boots is neither fun nor entertaining. Can you honestly tell me that I am wrong in that assessment ?

Getting anything through Zerg runs isn't fun, it is mindless keyboard bashing of the worst kind but it is the only way players will be able to get these boots. I avoid them as much as possible as it is not my idea of entertainment. The only challenge is in maintaining the will to keep playing long enough to get the final RNG driven drop. I put myself through it on this occasion because I can see the boots becoming almost impossible to obtain once the Zergs die out in about a month or so. I already have access to the easy way to get the required gear as I have more than enough Tradebars to simply pick up a set of Frostborn Gear from the Tradebar Store. By continuing on the Storm King campaign, I will gain access to the other items needed and will accumulate enough Voninblod and other currency to buy them from the stores once they are available. That is something I accept in playing NW but this layering of grind on top of further grind combined with NWs awful RNG system is just a step too far. If you do not see it as such, fair enough. That is your prerogative. But do not seek to judge others as wanting an easy life because they have a different opinion to yours.
    Will you get enough Voniblood to empower and maintain your gear and make it through the campaign without the HE's? If not.. it's NOT the only benefit to the HE's. If there is a continued need for Voniblood.. there will not be a dieing out of the HE's. ALSO, you can get a valuable Artifact from the HE's too.. in case you didn't notice. The Boots.. are a short term benefit.. and as you have said... you don't have to have those boots specifically.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    weaver936 said:

qexotic said:

weaver936 said:

qexotic said:

Will you get enough Voniblood to empower and maintain your gear and make it through the campaign without the HE's? If not.. it's NOT the only benefit to the HE's. If there is a continued need for Voniblood.. there will not be a dieing out of the HE's. ALSO, you can get a valuable Artifact from the HE's too.. in case you didn't notice. The Boots.. are a short term benefit.. and as you have said... you don't have to have those boots specifically.
    The grind and RNG in this game is a core element... the best stuff will likely ALWAYS be attainable by those means or AD... one of the worst parts of this game is the Time Sinks added to Money Sinks... BUT.. so far... it's the only way the Devs seems to be able to hook people into playing over a longer period of time. One way they tried to address holding people in game longer is focusing on things that increase the need for more socialization in game.. like Strongholds/Guild related stuff. But, again.. that's Grindy or Costly.

With the need to fund the game... neither of those 2 elements will ever be removed from content. People pay to save time. If it's easy to get AD or stuff doesn't take time.. people won't pay. But at least the paying is OPTIONAL. For that I am grateful.

The only real solution to our current discontent is to somehow make the grindy and or cost Fun, Interesting, or by some other means rewarding. Challenging and Rewarding content (that doesn't take from the COMPANY'S bottom line) is what the game needs.. and rarely ever has. Except for new players to whom EVERYTHING is new and challenging because they don't have experience in game.

The problem isn't the boots.. like you said... they aren't NEEDED... the problem is a lack of understanding of what this game really is.. and how to best progress in it in a manner that can be enjoyable to you. The game is what it is.. like life... the best thing we can do is find a good way to progress in it and MAYBE thrive (it is possible in both) or just opt out.

and no, i didn't mean to quote myself.. I meant to edit the previous post :D.

• Options
    weaver936 said:

qexotic said:

weaver936 said:

qexotic said:

The Gear only needs to be used and empowered to survive on FBI. It is not needed at all to complete the rest of the campaign. So maintaining a supply of Voninblod for that purpose will not be problem. Picking up and trading in relics combined with doing daily and weekly quests and the occasional small HE will easily cover that. The boots only drop from the major HEs. Those will become increasingly hard to complete as the Zerg groups decrease. I had heard that you can get a Manticore Talon from the major HEs but it is of questionable value at this time and even rarer than the boot drops. I very much doubt that people will do Zerg runs purely in the hope of getting one.

Now, could you please answer my question:

'My second paragraph was a statement about how the current method required to obtain the new Boots is neither fun nor entertaining. Can you honestly tell me that I am wrong in that assessment ? '

• Options
    It's not fun or entertaining.. I've done very little of it myself so far and really am not interested in doing it. BUT.. I'm running 6 toons a day through ME, ToD, and Storm King Dailies as well as running a guild and and doing dungeon runs too.. lol. To me.. honestly.. nothing about this game is fun or entertaining anymore.. other than when my guildies do something together that is exceptional for us relatively speaking.. or in some situation I perform personally on a higher level of excellence I'm not used to.

My FUN or ENTERTAINMENT isn't derived from pixels on a screen making me happy. It's from my own person growth and the development of my guildies' ability in game and relationally. I don't treat people only as some NPC with super fancy AI that are there just to serve my needs and entertain me like they are clowns. I found my own way to make this game fun... which.. overall is beneficial to me and others.

That's why i said that SH and guild centered things the Devs did was good. Relationships are the ONLY way that people stay in a game for the long term.. even when everything else has lost it's appeal.

• Options
    And actually.. the more I think about it. The more I can see the NEED for intellectually simplistic content and time sinks. The vast majority of this game's community NEEDS something predictable and repetative for them to develop even the most basic skills or understanding of their chosen class. Zerging doesn't really help them get better.. this is true.. being mixed in which such a diverse crowd of different players with different capacities makes it easy for them to get carried through that content and remain unskilled. But, more time playing the game.. seeing other's perform on a higher level.. COULD provide them an opportunity to see they need to improve.. or be so frustrated with the zerg/grind they may ask questions of others or actually seek out a guild, in which the relational stuff can happen and be the hook.

If everything in this game can be achieved solo, fast, or easy.... those same people will NOT stay in game. And there will be more of a financial burden on the rest of us that do stay. It's just how F2P is.

When i do things like the HE's... it gives me time to watch tv.. :D. or something else to entertain myself. Something i wouldn't do if I 100% focused on the game mechanics etc. So, it has it's place.

• Options
    weaver936 said:

and no, i didn't mean to quote myself.. I meant to edit the previous post :D.

Been there, done that :)

• Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    I've unlocked the clothes, they cost 4400 VB and 39 supplies each. These prices can be reduced through the price reducing tasks.

Well, it seems there's a Greater version too... The one I gave was for the normal blue (rare) clothes.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I've unlocked the clothes, they cost 4400 VB and 39 supplies each. These prices can be reduced through the price reducing tasks.

Well, it seems there's a Greater version too... The one I gave was for the normal blue (rare) clothes.

Where and how did you unlock it? :D

And, if I'm not mistaken.. we get 10 Supplies a day... so that's 4 days just to get the clothing?
    If so.. I'm REALLY starting to get RAGEY.... really how many days with all the reqs is it supposed to take to get into FBI...?

It's starting to FEEL like they delayed giving us a real FULL mod by using the Campaign as a Time Sink... -.-

If the rewards in FBI are actually GOOD... then i can understand the prohibative style of grind and cost to get access and participate... but if it's CN reward level.. (even x3) then it;s not gonna FEEL like anything but an abuse of the player base.

I'm not pro-easy content.. I HATE it actually. I think it makes people stupid (long term). But, i do need to feel the content is rewarding and I'm not wasting my time. IF FBI is designed to be the Pennacle of NW game play experience and the most fun and rewarding content designed to scale with the high end player base and meant to adapt and change according to the best the long time members of the community can do, then sure.. make it take a long time to reach. Fine.. and provide superior rewards for the effort. But, to require a massive investment of time just to unlock it... and then piddly rewards for it.. I'm imagining my response to such a thing and just imagining it I'm more angry than I ahve been in a long time. LOL.

I'm just gonna cross my fingers and wish on a star (and everything else I can do) that when i finally get in there and get some completions under my belt, that I won't feel the need to delete everything related to NW and my Guild so i won't be an Accomplice in such a horrible thing anymore.

I'm not ready to make such a determination yet.. not until i actually try things out and give it a fair shot. But, this one Mod is looking to be that serious to me... it's do or die time. To me.. this Mod will show me what the Devs really think of us, the long term, heavily invested, SERIOUS gamers.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @asterdahl I would be absolutely giddy if I could get the Dev Team's perspective on this idea.

In regards to rewards... how about this... You know how they put this Multiple Choice Boxes in Lockboxes.. if you get the Epic or Legendary reward from the Lockbox.. you get a choice of reward from several options. Why not include some of those boxes in FBI (if it's going to be some uber pennacle of all NW game play experience? This would solve the risk vs reward aspect of the dungeon. Low drop rate, ofc... but this would definitely offer a proper motivation for gaining access... keeping Relic gear Empowered... upping our IL as much as we can... and walking in excellence in game play.

I don't think it would take away from the money they make from Lockboxes either.. since boxes only require you have keys and get really lucky. Running FBI to have a Lockboxes' chance of getting a Multi=Choice pack wouldn't be a replacement of the lockbox system... that would be time inefficient. BUT, it certainly would offer diverse loot to the dungeon that is BoE that appeals to a myriad of classes and player styles. If nothing else.. getting one of those boxes would be good ad for any player that gets it.

So, a pre-existing system in game can be adapted slightly to add very long term relevance to everything in this mod.

And, on top of this.. if people find exploits etc... and there was some stupidly overpowered thigns in game (like Bonding runestones).. it would provide the devs proper motivation to fix those things in a timely manner. :D. Unlike, it seems.. has been the case so far. I think this could make both devs and players happy.

• Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Needing several days to get a piece of gear is fine. We basically had to wait a week for every piece of drowcraft we wanted due to the weekly cap on ichor. Thing is, ichor wasn't required to progress through the campaign, or to get instance keys. Tying *every* single purchase into a daily limited quantity, and making them all require a week or more, is insane.

The only hope, I think, is if the "reduced costs" tasks eventually eliminates the supplies entirely and substantially lowers VB costs. But what horrible game design to make the first exposure to this stuff to be "WAIT, WHAT?! Are they insane?"
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Are the boons in this new campaign be any useful to your toon as a whole?
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    5 pages and still no answer on how long till FBI ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    You can look at your campaign progress and figure it out. After today's dailies, I'm at 134 reputation. It takes 200 to unlock it. So that's 12 dailies at 9 rep, plus two weeklies. So I'm guessing I'll have it unlocked by next weekend.

But your millage may vary depending on your strategy for bypassing the Everfrost requirement.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    It's unlocked by the task of the left of unlocking LW...

I don't understand why people complain about the duration of the campaign. Yes, they locked the dungeon for a little longer, but other than that its normal. For the drowcraft set we could get only one piece per week iirc.

About those packs as rewards, they can be bound you know... That way nothing is lost for the devs.

And they should let us choose what we want of we were able to get a drop. As I suggested somewhere else, if a boot were to drop, we should be able to choose whether it should be assault/raid or executioner/duelist or whatever. The same applies to rings etc... Having an RNG within an RNG ain't right.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    You could DO Demo while working towards your gear.. not get gear then get new dungeon access... I didn't want nothing new for the first month of Mod 10 but MORE boring grind.

• Options

You can look at your campaign progress and figure it out. After today's dailies, I'm at 134 reputation. It takes 200 to unlock it. So that's 12 dailies at 9 rep, plus two weeklies. So I'm guessing I'll have it unlocked by next weekend.

But your millage may vary depending on your strategy for bypassing the Everfrost requirement.

But then you have to also get the Everfrost resist that takes days to get the other currencies to get the stuff you need...

Not a simple equation.

• Options
    @ironzerg79, we'll be unlocking Cold Run at 165 rep, so more weeklies and intro quests.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I guess I am Cryptic's perfect customer. I work for living so can spend on Zen when I so choose. I play a few hours per day (cause I work and have kids). I have been here since beta so am well geared. I am in an awesome guild "win or loose we booze" (cheap promo). So I, like @ironzerg79 am in no rush. If I want more, I grind more. If I am tired of grinding, I do something else...like support my guild/guildies. Not sure why all the angst. Keep Calm and enjoy what you have...or don't and suffer a brain anurism.