test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How long is it supposed to take to Unlock Fangbreaker's Island?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    That is a much appreciated change, thanks guys.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Is there a list on the restoring costs for all relic armour pieces? If I remember correctly boots (manaseeker's raid boots) had a cost of 25 lanolin, 1 resin and 7k vonimblood(?).
    I recently got the raid robe for CW and the cost is 15k vonimblood, 50 Lanolin, 3 resins(can get 1/week), 1 dragon shell oil(vendor) and 1 permafrost shard(LW HE's). This seems a little bit harsh if you take into consideration there are so many pieces and all need to be kept up. Anyone can provide restoration costs of the remaining pieces?
  • Options
    jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

We can't even salvage the new bling-blanged unrestored armors.

@rgutscheradev went ahead and made the unrestored relic armor pieces salvageable on our local build last week. We'll be getting this change out at our earliest opportunity.

That is a good change, if that goes live. Thanks.
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    kalindra said:

Well, the big problem I am having right now is with the Ten Town Supplies. There is no way to grind for this by doing a skirmish etc. I get a small amount doing dailies and then have to wait for the weeklies. This Module is going to be a very long grind.

I'm still more put off by the Lanolin-Crisis;
    not only requires this resource the do epic HEs, which requires partying up, which more often than not fails due full instances and a stupid bug which seems to stop the start of new epic HEs in one (or probably most or even all instances) at all; it's also RNG-bound, which results in a reward of sometimes only half a dozen Lanolin after two dozen epic HEs over three hours playing time (for quite a lot of us more than we can spend regulary).
    You can buy Lanolin on the AH... :D. Pay Time or Money.. that's the foundation of the NW economy. If every thing was easy to get.. the economy (AD and Real Money Economy) would collapse and we wouldn't have a game to play.

I saw one guy in Bryn Zone chat complaining that he did 6 HE's and didn't get boots yet.... -.-. Rediculous.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    loboguild said:

If we go in-depth about BI vs. EF it's fair to note that the state of the game has drastically changed. In Mod 3 grinding Black Ice was meh, but to be honest there wasn't much else to do anyway. The campaign dailies outside the daily lair in Dread Ring held little value, so you could pretty much exclusively spend your time in IWD.

Today it's a whole different story. Strongholds, Refining war, countless dailies... players do not need another task added to their daily routine. ​​

So true. And if you think of playing a second character, good luck to your life!

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User

loboguild said:

If we go in-depth about BI vs. EF it's fair to note that the state of the game has drastically changed. In Mod 3 grinding Black Ice was meh, but to be honest there wasn't much else to do anyway. The campaign dailies outside the daily lair in Dread Ring held little value, so you could pretty much exclusively spend your time in IWD.

Today it's a whole different story. Strongholds, Refining war, countless dailies... players do not need another task added to their daily routine. ​​

So true. And if you think of playing a second character, good luck to your life!

Actually its good luck to your life even for first character!
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

The everfrost resistance system and relic armor share a number of common factors with black ice, however, we also made a number of adjustments based on feedback and data. For one, gathering voninblod and maintaining your equipment has been balanced to be easier than black ice.

While I have a lot of respect for the amount of effort you're spending to make things easier for us, you've missed the mark.

Empowering EF equipment takes 2100 vb per part and per tier. So, in other words, 4200 vb per part for two hours of combat time. For 4 pieces, it's 16800 vb for two hours, or:
    - 84 heroic encounters (average completion time: 5 minutes, so we're looking at 420 minutes or 7h of HE farming, not counting the large distances between HEs)
    - 280 relics, assuming that relics give 60 vb on average. If I can gather 10 relics in 10 minutes (even if I know the good spots, a lot of them are missing when I visit the locations, and there's far too few relics anyway) this is a good run. We're looking at 280 minutes with relics farming alone, so 4,6h of playtime. This is of course the optimal case, the normal one is not finding a lot of available relics on the map.
    - 336 daily quests. I know this isn't intended to be the primary source of vb but I included it because it's a possibility.

So no, this absolutely not easier to maintain than black ice. I was able to maintain my black ice gear for regular use for some time playing 30 minutes twice or maybe three times a week in the pvp zones of IWD. If you want us to wear the relic and frostborn gear as our standard gear, you're going to have to dramatically drop the vb consumption. I'm not talking about a small adjustment. These figures needs to be dropped by a factor of 10 to be reasonable, and it would still be much more grindy to maintain than black ice in that case. Dividing requirements by 15 would make it on par with the game time it took me to empower my black ice gear back when I was using it, which would be gathering relics maybe three times a week for 30 minutes.

Let me give you a real world example: On Saturday I decided to gather relics in lonelywood while waiting for the group leader to find someone to complete our FBI team. Unfortunately, I had my tier 3 frostborn gear equipped (3 parts) and I forgot to unequip it. So I gather relics for maybe 20 minutes, fight stuff because not all relics are free of NPCs, have random aggro when running around, I killed a few giants on the way out of boredom, help some noobs struggling with bears... Pretty normal stuff. After 20 minutes, I get two relics at once, so this is weird and I wonder why, and remember that I have frostborn on (by the way odds are much lower than 25%, you should check this out). Well the total cost to re-empower the frostborn gear was much higher than the total vb value of the relics I gathered. So I'd like to think that someone added a 0 accidentally to the empowerment requirements, because this can't be the intended outcome.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I agree that the 25 percent chance from the set seems off also. I would venture to guess its more like 10. The pet seems lower than 40 percent also but maybe I'll try and test.

Also, in regards to gathering and the black ice comparison. The trowel allows a chance...seemingly very slim chance..to get a better relic drop. The purple ice pick offered a 300 percent increase every single time you used it. I dont recall the price difference...but the purple ice pick is massively better. Each black ice node gave a minimun of 480 black ice, sometimes a lot more. There were also quests and drops from packs for it. You get a small amount of blood from quests and such but it seems with dedication black ice farming was easier to complete.

Most people WANT to wear this gear....let us do so.
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User

If you'd streamline iL into an abstraction of stats rather than an abstraction of individual components, you'd get a much more useful measure as a result, allowing for a far preciser estimation of difficulty and performance.

They had that and it was called Gear Score but they got rid of it for . . . reasons?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    icyclass said:

If you'd streamline iL into an abstraction of stats rather than an abstraction of individual components, you'd get a much more useful measure as a result, allowing for a far preciser estimation of difficulty and performance.

They had that and it was called Gear Score but they got rid of it for . . . reasons?
    Because people complained that it wasn't a true gear score. People used to get upset when someone would pad their score by mismatching armor sets or by choosing feats that buffed their score, like toughness, rather then their effectiveness. People got what they wanted, a gear score unaffected by boons, feats, or buffs.

We are a fickle community.
  • Options
    jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    icyclass said:

GS didn't factor in companion buffs, set bonuses and non-stat boons. As such it was just as useless as iL is right now.

• Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    diogene0 said:

Well the total cost to re-empower the frostborn gear was much higher than the total vb value of the relics I gathered. So I'd like to think that someone added a 0 accidentally to the empowerment requirements, because this can't be the intended outcome.

They should rename the gear "Celery" gear as it uses up more resources than you can get while using it. Pretty poor design IMHO.