test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Notification (March 27, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ogital wrote: »
    They just released a system message ingame stating that they are aware of the map-transfer issues, and that they are *looking* into it.

Yeah like they been looking in the pvp issues all day. They should bring the servers down till it fixed. And next maybe they should brother to test things before the release them.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ClMH32 wrote:
    I also agree. If they Cryptic and Atari know there is issues logging and loading the game why until Sunday to patch and perform maintainence. I subscribed to Lifetime membership. I like this game and was just starting to get somewhere. Now I cannot even log in, this is annoying. Cryptic please get this fixed ASAP.

Maybe the 33% off on Steam is to blame? SO cheap so soon?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ClMH32 wrote:
    I also agree. If they Cryptic and Atari know there is issues logging and loading the game why until Sunday to patch and perform maintainence. I subscribed to Lifetime membership. I like this game and was just starting to get somewhere. Now I cannot even log in, this is annoying. Cryptic please get this fixed ASAP.

Maybe the 33% off on Steam is to blame? So cheap(er) so soon?

When the game runs properly it is a blast but this is ridiculous!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Maybe the 33% off on Steam is to blame? SO cheap so soon?

I pity the people that actually fall for that and subscribe. Oh, the horror! :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Zoya wrote: »
    I would have to agree. May as well take it down and fix it now. If the Fix Isn't ready it isn't going to matter if you can't login or play once you are logged in.

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

Beautiful...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    RCO wrote:
    And next maybe they should brother to test things before the release them.

They did ..it worked fine on tribble.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, but I can't play today for some rezones at 6:56 pm. On Saturday. Show's my characters lets me log in starts to load then....cancel. I'm in the US. What's up with the new patch? Will I be able to play tomorrow? In fact it logs me out checked my a**** says I'm on as billing thing....Is this an all day thing? Trying to work on getting a second Admiral. Got one lvl 5 admiral working on second. Ok thanx for your time. And can ya'll do something about the Trek Gold spam. I'm tired of them.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    moordrake wrote: »
    Apperentyl from what Ive read in other threads it is a database issue and they have to develop a fix for it first, so bringing down the servers now would serve no other purpose than creating a 1000 differnt threads about why is the server down as opposed to the 1000 threads about not being able to zone.

MOre like how many subscribers now. 100,000+ ?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kurnan wrote: »
    Who is going to pilot a lower ship when they move to a higher one, that is wasted points that should move to the next level ship automatically.

As of the Season One patch the points scale up. As in all the points you use at all the levels work at RA.

Seriously, doesn't anyone even read the patch notes anymore.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    O2BaBorg wrote:
    You haven't just bought PVP instances down, you have bought all instances down. Shut the server off and fix it please. Why wait for a maintenance? the game is not playable atm. We can log in fly around in the area we are in but that's it. :mad:

Here here! THe truth hurts!

PS Cryptic your Forum font is too tiny for old blokes!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    "Facepalm" Search on all major search engines has gone UP.

P;S.
    I would like to be a Crash Test Tribble on the Forums to =)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Anyone ever think that perhaps the fix patch isn't ready yet?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    As of the Season One patch the points scale up. As in all the points you use at all the levels work at RA.

Seriously, doesn't anyone even read the patch notes anymore.

Well, we have plenty of time to read them now. As our game "loads"....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Zakkan wrote: »

Its called a rollback. Rather common when game breaking issues like this one pop up after a patch. Ever think of that?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    IMO they need to focus more on making the game enjoyable, and less on designing skins for new playable races....

It's really just kind of sad.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Drewdad wrote: »
    IMO they need to focus more on making the game enjoyable, and less on designing skins for new playable races....

It's really just kind of sad.

Did you say *playable*?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ogital wrote: »
    Did you say *playable*?
    You're right of course. My bad.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Unfortunately, there is nothing anyone can do but wait. I will, however, agree with those who have posted there is no point in waiting until 3 am PDT to take the servers offline. This should have been done when the issue with the PvP maps was first recognized IMO. That's not a minor bug with an acceptable workaround. I'd call it a gamebreaker that warrants a rollback to the previous state until the issue can be identified.

Don't wait until 3 am. Do the rollback now. The game is unplayable anyway and it would seem that the majority are unable to login. It doesn't make much sense to put it off.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    SithToker wrote:
    Its called a rollback. Rather common when game breaking issues like this one pop up after a patch. Ever think of that?

What another 1.5Gb Patch? No thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    hey spread the word and tell everyone to log off the main server. and maybe we can get some control back and they will get the hint that we are not playing around bring it down
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well just played The Cure , was awful gameing experience , so transwarped to SOL , now stuck in a loading screen.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ANyway is SUNDAY already in Australia (11:15am) so do we wait until MONDAY?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well, we have plenty of time to read them now. As our game "loads"....

Hmm good point, sorry.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's getting worse by the patch.
    And still im paying and hoping it will all get better with the next patch :(

Cryptic get your stuff together and fix the damn game, people are paying to play not to look at loadingscreens or count how many times they crashed each day .....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fix the D... game already take it down geesh its stuck in loading so whats the darn point !!!!!!!!!

Fix it fix it
    fix it
    fix it
    fix it fix it
    fix the darn game already
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i can't even get in, i pick my character and then it hangs on loading then disconnects from server -aka- times out

psst you guys should have a beta server for the public to test new content before having it go live in game to avoid this in the future
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dannymac77 wrote: »
    i can't even get in, i pick my character and then it hangs on loading then disconnects from server -aka- times out

psst you guys should have a beta server for the public to test new content before having it go live in game to avoid this in the future

With all the money we are paying to "PLAY" which I will point out I'm not playing you would think they would have tested it long before launching any patch......

I concur with your statment.............

I say give us a dicount or give me something for this ......
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dannymac77 wrote: »

Hmm I am not sure if you are just being ironic here or not. Maybe add a :D if it was a joke.

If you were serious however. *points at Tribble server* Which incidently worked fine with all this stuff, only things that weren't available were the C Stores things. *Stabs Tribble of Borg"
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Zakkan wrote: »

I'd agree with you that it most likely isn't ready yet. However, coding whatever fix that needs to be implemented needs an appropriate amount of testing time as well. Whatever caused the PvP maps to de-rank players does not appear to be a minor problem, nor are the stability issues they are incurring as we type.

It seems to me that the most efficient and safe thing they can do is roll back to the previous state prior to whatever patch was put out this morning. The game was at least stable without de-ranking anyone. Then they can take the time to properly test whatever fix they are making for the PvP maps etc.

I'd rather have them get it right and not rush out an emergency patch that's going to cause more problems than it is intended to fix just so it can be done quickly.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    OMG this is my first time trying Startrek online, I have a 10 day pass and I can't even try it out during my trial period cause the server is down..... sooooo unfair....
This discussion has been closed.