test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Notification (March 27, 2010)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Sunday, the 28th of March from 3AM PST to 6AM PST, in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update the launcher once this maintenance has been completed.

Please follow the Sticky post which provides regular updates to the issue: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=144774
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    TBH the game is unplayable as it is... why not just shut it all down now do it so we can get some play time in tonight
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have a question for you. With all the issues in the last 24 hours, would it not make sense to go ahead and take it down now since most players can not get on anyway? I would gladly say go ahead.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Why bother waiting? The game's practically unplayable, now.\, IMO.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Going to have to concur here. At the very least, shut it down soon, like at 1630 or 1700 PDT*.

*Yes, Pacific is on Daylight Savings Time right now.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    yeah, might as well take it down now and get it over with.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Renoa365 wrote:
    TBH the game is unplayable as it is... why not just shut it all down now do it so we can get some play time in tonight
    I have a question for you. With all the issues in the last 24 hours, would it not make sense to go ahead and take it down now since most players can not get on anyway? I would gladly say go ahead.

Probably would if they knew how to fix it. :P
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cant play pretty much now, take it down so when i wake up its all solved, instead of going to shut it down :S.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Awwww :( and I was hoping to reach Lieutenant Commander on my new Science alt tonight aswell!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Agree with all.... had to cancel my Fleet Night due to server instability. Most of my fleet couldnt even login.... and this was our FIRST fleet night with ALL Admirals to do the Infected, very disappointed :(:(

Take it down now and fix it.... might as well being as most of your playerbase has logged.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Morgomir wrote: »
    yeah, might as well take it down now and get it over with.

^^^ the game is already 100% broken ... no reason at all to wait till 3 am.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    cant even get into it at the moment ...
    What a damned joke of a game..

I say take it down, kill off the silly patches and give us a game that WORKS!!!

Add new stuff later on when you can keep the customers happy...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would have to agree. May as well take it down and fix it now. If the Fix Isn't ready it isn't going to matter if you can't login or play once you are logged in.

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The game is unplayable right now .. I can't even warp out of Sol.

Seems an odd decision to wait such a long time to fix the issue. :(
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Apperentyl from what Ive read in other threads it is a database issue and they have to develop a fix for it first, so bringing down the servers now would serve no other purpose than creating a 1000 differnt threads about why is the server down as opposed to the 1000 threads about not being able to zone.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Maintenance? Did something break? :mad::mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i like turtles
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    moordrake wrote: »
    Apperentyl from what Ive read in other threads it is a database issue and they have to develop a fix for it first, so bringing down the servers now would serve no other purpose than creating a 1000 differnt threads about why is the server down as opposed to the 1000 threads about not being able to zone.

Why not just roll back to the server code from yesterday when things worked okay.

Use that till they find a fix.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would guess they aren't taking it down now becuase people are currently working on the fixes that are going to be implemented when they take them down later.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Kwoance"
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey All,

We are looking into the lag issues - fixing those may or may not require taking the server down. I will post any updates to this issue as they come my way.

The primary reason for the maintenance tonight is to apply a fix for the PVP maps not granting reward/negative skill points. We will have the PVP queues turned off until the fix is applied.

We are still looking into a fix for characters that lost skillpoints due to the PVP bug.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    thanks for the update

see you tomarrow.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    GM_Destra wrote:
    Hey All,

We are looking into the lag issues - fixing those may or may not require taking the server down. I will post any updates to this issue as they come my way.

The primary reason for the maintenance tonight is to apply a fix for the PVP maps not granting reward/negative skill points. We will have the PVP queues turned off until the fix is applied.

We are still looking into a fix for characters that lost skillpoints due to the PVP bug.

Lag issues? Is that supposed to refer to game crashes everytime anyone tries to change zones? Please clarify, im honestly asking so i can go do something else until it gets fixed.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    GM_Destra wrote:
    Hey All,

Ok dude but you didnt answer the most important question...just gimme a name dude i dont like bein a junior.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    well i am glad i didn't stay up all morning waiting for the game to be fixed. neway i guess i am going to play on the test server. kind of ironic that the test server is more stable then the live server. time to play with the klingons

Edit: fantastic it was brought down for emergency maint.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    why keep the servers online ? might as well take them down now :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Why not come clean and announce they hope to release STO later in 2010 as a playable mmo with content and an acceptable amount of small bugs. I'm afraid it is at the best thin and playable, at worst. well, this.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    kinless wrote:
    By the way, who do i have to bl0w around here to get moved up to senior member?

ME :) (gets ready for the MOD lecture)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    GM_Destra wrote:
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Sunday, the 28th of March from 3AM PST to 6AM PST, in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update the launcher once this maintenance has been completed.

Why wait? PvP is unplayable. PvE is unplayable. Take it down now.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Y'all must be testing these fixes on tribble eh? ...I can't get more than a mission or two done there either before you bring it down again.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    GM_Destra wrote:
    Hey All,

Thanks Destra..... I know those hamsters running the server power generators needed a break after all the logins with the new patch...but sheesh :D
This discussion has been closed.