test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Notification (March 27, 2010)

1272829303133»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    scorpiobe wrote: »
    Steel be patient give the DEV team some time, they might be finally adding some real Star Trek RP stuff to the game like working Dabo tables where you can gamble your energy credit savings away, some 3D chess or like in TNG some late night poker, maybe even hover-ball. :p
    They're not adding anything right now...they're trying to get the damn game to run.

And I'm fine with that, as long as it works. THEN they can add more fun stuff.

Devs: Keep it up and don't cut corners. I'll wait for you. If I have to pick, I'd rather have it right than fast.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    they could have just roled back server to yestersay

fixed all there problems them updated again

and before you guys say they need gane to work with. i know they have a server set up in there lab via lan for testing before they release it to the public
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Alex_Black wrote:
    I know, she's even learnt the Ivonova mantra, its not right I tell you!!!

Alex

Only be conserned if she starts standing at the window staring into space longingly and repating "this is babylon 5 control you are cleared to dock" :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Regardless of what caused what, Saturday night is a TERRIBLE time for maintenance of any kind.
    Wasn't really their idea...they had no cnoice. The game was nearly unplayable after the Friday fixes to the Thursday patches. Another reason to do big patches on Monday or Tuesday night, but hindsight is 20/20.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    scorpiobe wrote: »
    Steel be patient give the DEV team some time, they might be finally adding some real Star Trek RP stuff to the game like working Dabo tables where you can gamble your energy credit savings away, some 3D chess or like in TNG some late night poker, maybe even hover-ball. :p

Forgot about hover ball and Poker of all games... You forgot Kal Toe and Dunjat(I think that is how you spell them) But right now I will be happy to just PLAY...I cant believe I am saying that since all I do is dailies and I dont see why I am itching to get back on STOffline just to do what I have been doing day in and day out for the last month since hitting RA5.

But it IS like crack even when the dope man is out we complain but we always come back for more.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    WoW had problems like this all the time. With MMOs it's inveitable, and it sucks!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    35 more post and I am off to sleep
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Exitwounds wrote:
    they could have just roled back server to yestersay

fixed all there problems them updated again

and before you guys say they need gane to work with. i know they have a server set up in there lab via lan for testing before they release it to the public

you win the I make sence award for the day :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Umrathama wrote: »
    35 more post and I am off to sleep

I said I was going 3 times already........ :(
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's quite the difference jumping from the beginning to the end of this thread. I've gone from grammtical horrors and people threatening to quit S.T.O. FOREVUR!11 to a bunch of married guys talking about their wives.

I'm just glad to see the community isn't completely full of angry prepubescants. SO, how 'bout them Original Series movies? :V
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    adwynyth wrote: »
    (...) I'm fine with that, as long as it works. THEN they can add more fun stuff.

Devs: Keep it up and don't cut corners. I'll wait for you. If I have to pick, I'd rather have it right than fast.

Hear, hear.
    Function over form.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    lgnch wrote: »
    Only be conserned if she starts standing at the window staring into space longingly and repating "this is babylon 5 control you are cleared to dock" :D

Hmmmm, no don't even think that lol

Alex
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Only need 4 more for FvF on PvP...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Regardless of what caused what, Saturday night is a TERRIBLE time for maintenance of any kind.

I would normally agree with you. But the load errors that were occurring made the game unplayable. So, the maint was/is necessary. My only qualm is they took too long to bring it down and start to fix it. The problems started last night and they should have been fixed this morning.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    adwynyth wrote: »
    Wasn't really their idea...they had no cnoice. The game was nearly unplayable after the Friday fixes to the Thursday patches. Another reason to do big patches on Monday or Tuesday night, but hindsight is 20/20.

So roll back, bring the system back up, and deal with it un sunday at 5 am.
    This could have worked unless they monkeyed with the database and made changes that wouldn't work with an older code base.

Regardless, I bought this game this afternoon, and haven't been able to play it yet.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Alex_Black wrote:

Alex

holy TRIBBLE, I just saw that post! Is that what they do when they look out the windows?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well "IF" they give anything out, might as well make it some Cryptic Points....

Actually, what I would love to see once all this pans out is somethign like an in-game unform that is a T-shirt that says "II survived the STO Launch and all they gave me was this stupid T-Shirt".

Klingons could have it in Klingese....

Blak
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Keatonguy wrote:
    It's quite the difference jumping from the beginning to the end of this thread. I've gone from grammtical horrors and people threatening to quit S.T.O. FOREVUR!11 to a bunch of married guys talking about their wives.

I'm just glad to see the community isn't completely full of angry prepubescants. SO, how 'bout them Original Series movies? :V

Quit trying to change the subject lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Honestly, if you make that a requirement you will probably end up with one fat/uber ugly gf. The odds of finding a gf that is not fat, not ugly, makes more money then you and let you play STO whenever you want...1 in 2,345,433,778. just saying...

Nice, I found one in more than 2 billion. Although I made about 50k more than her when we met... Does it still count?

I have to say I wasn't around when WOW launched but I play with friends who were, they have told me that this is much better than WOW's launch. I just want to play, and I want more space and less ground.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    BaerWolfe wrote: »
    I said I was going 3 times already........ :(

Aye, I am trying to keep posts to a minimum to stay on longer, subconsciously. lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Alex_Black wrote:
    6 years married here, and do you think I've been able to turn my wife into a geek?

Ok, in fairness I managed a small victory but Trekkers would spit and swear at me for what I did. I got her into Babylon 5 in the hope it would lead her to DS9. How wrong I was, now there are lines drawn and I get more time to play STO because she's watching B5 lol.

Alex

LOL, I've been married for 2 years. Every time she watched me play STO she wonders "What do you get out of this game"? I tell her that this is the only thing that give me my private time so that I can be one with STO. Boy was that a mistake. Now when she watches me play I try to interact with her and give her an idea what this (also it does help when you have all of Star Trek the Original Series, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek DS9 and Star Trek Voyager). Watch it with her and give explanation of the episodes. I hope that this will rub-off on her and give my wife a better idea about STO. If this doesn't work I have 5TBs of anime LOL!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I like pie, better to get to 1000 i bet 5 bucks on it
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Alex_Black wrote:

Alex

Its of serious concern how would the parking look on your front lawn LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2010

So instead, you'd rather that the server stayed up, and no one could travel from one zone to the next.

That's so brilliant I can't believe no one else thought of it.....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    LOL, I've been married for 2 years. Every time she watched me play STO she wonders "What do you get out of this game"? I tell her that this is the only thing that give me my private time so that I can be one with STO. Boy was that a mistake. Now when she watches me play I try to interact with her and give her an idea what this (also it does help when you have all of Star Trek the Original Series, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek DS9 and Star Trek Voyager). Watch it with her and give explanation of the episodes. I hope that this will rub-off on her and give my wife a better idea about STO. If this doesn't work I have 5TBs of anime LOL!

Don't hold your breath is the general concensus lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Blakinik wrote:
    Actually, what I would love to see once all this pans out is somethign like an in-game unform that is a T-shirt that says "II survived the STO Launch and all they gave me was this stupid T-Shirt".

Klingons could have it in Klingese....

This would be hilariously awesome
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So roll back, bring the system back up, and deal with it un sunday at 5 am.
    This could have worked unless they monkeyed with the database and made changes that wouldn't work with an older code base.

Regardless, I bought this game this afternoon, and haven't been able to play it yet.

That sucks. Hey look at it this way. There just making the game better and its worth the wait.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I say they give whoever posts on this after this thread hits 100 pages. free pass for a few months
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    probally wrong forum n00b, but is there an Enterprise npc with Cap Data? And why (if it's truly supposed to be) is DS9 called the deep space k7 whatever, (sorry game is down, so cant confirm correct name) any thought on getting some voice over work from the tng, voyager, ds9 actors? I mean, granted they would all be aged, but make more sense hearing them then Spock, who has technically been presumed 'dead' for quite awhile
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey All,

We've been maintaining the following thread with updates on the issue:

Link

We will also continue posting updates in the launcher.
This discussion has been closed.