test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Notification (March 27, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    double post (kinda)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You haven't just bought PVP instances down, you have bought all instances down. Shut the server off and fix it please. Why wait for a maintenance? the game is not playable atm. We can log in fly around in the area we are in but that's it. :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    thats not what they use the hamsters 4 man.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    GM_Destra wrote:
    Hey All,

We are looking into the lag issues - fixing those may or may not require taking the server down. I will post any updates to this issue as they come my way.

The primary reason for the maintenance tonight is to apply a fix for the PVP maps not granting reward/negative skill points. We will have the PVP queues turned off until the fix is applied.

We are still looking into a fix for characters that lost skillpoints due to the PVP bug.

Whaaa? Lag Issues?

Destra, is 10-15minutes to load a map considered a "lag issue" ?

Given how instanced this game is, 10mn to change a map is a valid reason to bring down the server and fix it now.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Agreed
    Bring it down. Get it fixed right
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You cant play it if you can't get in!!!!!!!!!!!

Take it down STO/Cryptic!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Take it dawn a fix it NOW! If it take 6 hrs no problme, but wait more than 15hrs its rediculus!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    btw CS in this game bl0ws also
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    GM_Destra wrote:
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Sunday, the 28th of March from 3AM PST to 6AM PST, in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update the launcher once this maintenance has been completed.

this may get me banned but at this point i really dont care are you freaking stupid you cant even play the damn game why dont you do the smart thing and take it down now instead in twelve hours and **** everyone off. i am sorry if this offends other member this is not directed at you only crptic for the intelligent decision they have made. so be it if i lose my life time member ship with decisions like this i cant play anyway.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'll make it clear since Cryptic apearently has no clue.

Not only PvP missions are down, BUT all other missions, accolades, etc. are down also. All people can do is fly in circles in the zone they log into. That is if they ever get past the wait at the character server screen.

The game is broken as broken can be right now. So bring the server down and fix it. Even if that means to revert to an older version.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    hey look i got move up to member, knew i should have swallowed.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Did the negative XP points get fixed? Lag so bad I haven't been able to check it out since it was announced in game.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nack wrote:
    Whaaa? Lag Issues?

Destra, is 10-15minutes to load a map considered a "lag issue" ?

Given how instanced this game is, 10mn to change a map is a valid reason to bring down the server and fix it now.

pvp is not our only problem here we cant even play the damn thing
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This is how people lose their jobs.

Why make all suffer, especially when your site says server is UP! I got news for yah! ITS NOT UP ITS DOWN. All thumbs down!!!!

BOOOOO.:eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Capt.King wrote:
    You cant play it if you can't get in!!!!!!!!!!!

Take it down STO/Cryptic!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

For the past 2 hours ive sat and watched as the "loading.." screen has sat for 15 mins until i get the disconnected from server message. I dont know WHY they cant just post something to let people know what the @#$% is going on.
    I even logged into tribble just so i could PLAY, and after 5 mins, THAT went down for emergency maintentance.
    these guys are a massive FAIL at letting the PAYING players know whats up. Ive tried to keep a postive attitude about this game but damn.
    So much for getting what you paid for.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    starftr wrote:
    this may get me banned but at this point i really dont care are you freaking stupid you cant even play the damn game why dont you do the smart thing and take it down now instead in twelve hours and **** everyone off. i am sorry if this offends other member this is not directed at you only crptic for the intelligent decision they have made. so be it if i lose my life time member ship with decisions like this i cant play anyway.

I agree and im usually understanding when it comes to certain server stufft.
    This is however a joke now

Its like a bunch of clowns are running CP.

12 hours now and no game, I thought after my pub session it would be back or at least a server roll back.

I understand why Marvel took there new MMo away from CP now, there becoming the new SOE lol
    Its not like there game engine is new, the y have made 3 games with it lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Since people don't seem to get it from the post. They are looking into the loading issue on loading maps, and trying to figure out what to do with it. They aren't taking the server down now because they don't have a fix, and therefore don't know if taking down the server is necessary at all. Once they have a fix, they will either implement it while the server is up, or take the server down and implement it then.

I agree that it is basically unplayable now (I did manage one mission at one point), but what is accomplished by taking down the server when they don't know what they are going to do about the problem?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Today 10:50am AEST I can;t move between sectors or enter systems. What gives?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kraixz wrote: »
    Since people don't seem to get it from the post. They are looking into the loading issue on loading maps, and trying to figure out what to do with it. They aren't taking the server down now because they don't have a fix, and therefore don't know if taking down the server is necessary at all. Once they have a fix, they will either implement it while the server is up, or take the server down and implement it then.

I agree that it is basically unplayable now (I did manage one mission at one point), but what is accomplished by taking down the server when they don't know what they are going to do about the problem?

It keeps people from getting more and more PO'd everytime they try to do something in game again in the hopes that the problem has been fixed.

I swear every min. that goes by without hearing if Cryptic is 'aware of the issue' in regards to changing maps my finger inches towards the 'i quit this game' button. All i wanna know is if the 'lag issues' hes referring to are in fact the 'changing map' issue.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    MrWinkie wrote: »
    Agree with all.... had to cancel my Fleet Night due to server instability. Most of my fleet couldnt even login.... and this was our FIRST fleet night with ALL Admirals to do the Infected, very disappointed :(:(

Take it down now and fix it.... might as well being as most of your playerbase has logged.

I can login although that took ages. Bizarre situation.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Must be tribbles in the server farm.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I also agree. If they Cryptic and Atari know there is issues logging and loading the game why until Sunday to patch and perform maintainence. I subscribed to Lifetime membership. I like this game and was just starting to get somewhere. Now I cannot even log in, this is annoying. Cryptic please get this fixed ASAP.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Why not come clean and announce they hope to release STO later in 2010 as a playable mmo with content and an acceptable amount of small bugs. I'm afraid it is at the best thin and playable, at worst. well, this.

Thanks for the amusement Anuhart.:D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    They just released a system message ingame stating that they are aware of the map-transfer issues, and that they are *looking* into it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Just reboot maybe. I pity those in game but surely they can't do **** either?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    :(Well between the lack of content and the load/lag thing and the rate of advancement I cancelled today. I don't believe I have ever played an MMO and ran out of things to do in a month and a half. Maybe (like all other MMO's) you should have considered more than one server and not combined the European, Australian and whoever else servers into one gigantic server. I don't know if I will be back or not. There is nothing more for me to do and I see nothing listed in the future except ship and character upgrades. I was very disappointed in the Season One upgrade. Who cares about an off duty uniform. The respec was good but the leveling system was not thought out in the first place. Who is going to pilot a lower ship when they move to a higher one, that is wasted points that should move to the next level ship automatically. I am sure that there are thjose out there that will disagree with me but I do not really care and yes I probably won't be back and you say good riddance but I am seeing a lot of posts that feel the same way as I do.

I wonder if they hired anyone who has designed an MMO before?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I almost got my klingon charter to log into the game lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010

When in doubt ..reboot.

..what can it hurt at this point?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Waerlogan wrote: »
    Must be tribbles in the server farm.

The Tribble server is likely fine but overloaded cos Holodeck is not.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    For the past 2 hours ive sat and watched as the "loading.." screen has sat for 15 mins until i get the disconnected from server message. I dont know WHY they cant just post something to let people know what the @#$% is going on.
    I even logged into tribble just so i could PLAY, and after 5 mins, THAT went down for emergency maintentance.
    these guys are a massive FAIL at letting the PAYING players know whats up. Ive tried to keep a postive attitude about this game but damn.
    So much for getting what you paid for.

i here and agree this is a very intelligent way of handle thier problems lets do it @ 3:00 am and maybe no one will realize its even broke. daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa / its broken and nothing to hide we know it nothing to be proud of either trying to hide it and hope your problem goes away. won't happen just take it down and fix it.................... we really don't mind at all it's the smart decision guys try it for once might might like it, it will give you a good feeling to do the right thing. trust me like we all have no chioce to trust you if we won't to play this game.
This discussion has been closed.